Previous Events Archive > KeyCon 2017

KeyCon 2017!! --> OVER

<< < (3/114) > >>

kurplop:
 I would choose Austin Texas. Pretty centrally located, local for a lot of GHers,  and most important (for me), close enough for me to visit my family. :)

romevi:
Depends on time and location. School definitely didn't let me go last year, but I'm hoping it won't be as chaotic this time around. I hope cptbadass makes it so we can go to Galloping Ghost if it's in Chicago, but anywhere that's easiest for all would be grand.

OfTheWild:
Vegas is always a cheap place to fly... Chicago, New York, or Atlanta isnt bad either. Although Asheville, Austin, Portland, etc are awesome places, its difficult for a lot of people to get there easily.

vivalarevolución:

--- Quote from: tameone on Sun, 15 January 2017, 20:38:14 ---Chicago or Indianapolis. Indy being within striking distance of Chicago, Cincy, Columbus, Louisville,  even St Louis.

--- End quote ---

For the sake of change, I recommend someplace other than Chicago.  I think more southernly destination with cheaper flights from around the nation is a good idea, like Vegas, Texas, or Florida.

And somebody always says Indianapolis.  Nobody wants to visit Indianapolis unless they have to.  In addition, Indy is not a hub airport and does not have cheap flights from most locations.  Having a KeyCon there will not attract very many people, unless, of course, myself and a couple other people decide to go absolutely nuts with planning the best most awesome KeyCon ever and nobody will care if it's in some boring Midwest town.

vivalarevolución:
And Reddit really seems to be a catalyst for various regional meetups these days, which I believe has reduced the popularity of the national meetup.  Just a thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version