geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Thoughts about the new Steam Deck?

<< < (7/7)

blondie:

--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Tue, 27 July 2021, 11:17:19 ---I would be interested if the 64GB still housed the m.2 slot to allow internal expansion - so if that's the case I will have to toss in a pre-order.

--- End quote ---

It does. Gabe Newell stated as such in a direct question.

Darthbaggins:
Well looks like I'll be putting in my pre-order - and my son will be "getting" a Steam Deck for Christmas (he'll get more use out of it than a Switch).  I know the loophole to use with the wife for new toys lol.

blondie:

--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Wed, 28 July 2021, 07:22:30 ---Well looks like I'll be putting in my pre-order - and my son will be "getting" a Steam Deck for Christmas (he'll get more use out of it than a Switch).  I know the loophole to use with the wife for new toys lol.

--- End quote ---

I think maybe the first rounds of Steam Decks will ship in December, but most people will get theirs next year. Maybe if you mean Christmas of 2022, that's a more likely time frame.

Think of it like a keyboard group buy.

yui:

--- Quote from: blondie on Wed, 28 July 2021, 07:27:12 ---
--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Wed, 28 July 2021, 07:22:30 ---Well looks like I'll be putting in my pre-order - and my son will be "getting" a Steam Deck for Christmas (he'll get more use out of it than a Switch).  I know the loophole to use with the wife for new toys lol.

--- End quote ---

I think maybe the first rounds of Steam Decks will ship in December, but most people will get theirs next year. Maybe if you mean Christmas of 2022, that's a more likely time frame.

Think of it like a keyboard group buy.

--- End quote ---
when i put my pre-order the ETA was 02/2022 to get it by December you needed to put your pre-order 1st day, it kinda sold like hot cakes from what i understood.

Coreda:

--- Quote from: yui on Thu, 29 July 2021, 13:11:19 ---when i put my pre-order the ETA was 02/2022 to get it by December you needed to put your pre-order 1st day, it kinda sold like hot cakes from what i understood.

--- End quote ---

Based on a thread I was following (with dozens posting their order ETAs) only those who ordered within the first few minutes didn't have the 2022/23 ETA. Reminded me of the Ampere launch last year.

All these increasingly crazy purchase windows for different products. I've seen literal seconds windows for some limited batch products where a year ago for the same product it was said to be a lot more casual (and this wasn't even something that had any electronics in it). People recommending having instant payment setup before even considering such orders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version