geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Rama Kara Bluetooth PCB

<< < (2/3) > >>

Alejo1707:

--- Quote from: VXQN on Thu, 29 July 2021, 09:25:04 ---What you've done here is interpret the phrase "interest check" literally (and why wouldn't you). What Geekhack actually means by "interest check" is "this the place to share fully fleshed out projects that are almost ready for production".

I don't have the board, but I'd be willing to bet that there's a market for it if you can produce the PCBs (BT boards have a history of being very finicky).

--- End quote ---
No, there are some posts that take years to reach production level, and get a lot of input from the community, so the phrase you used highly exaggerates what the community expects of IC posts.

--- Quote from: zea on Thu, 29 July 2021, 14:45:02 ---check other IC's before doing this, you need to put in the work before pitching your idea, not just some text to see if people are interested.
also flexcuts ain't gonna do much with a layer of silicone + hotswap lol

--- End quote ---
With you on all. The only thing that pulled me in is the fact it was going to be Bluetooth enabled, nevertheless reading "flex cuts" after remembering all Rama products have a layer of MUTE does not sit well with me. Also, I think these keebs draw a lot of power considering they have a s*t ton of ARE-GEE-BEE.

Friendship:

--- Quote from: Alejo1707 on Thu, 29 July 2021, 15:50:16 ---
--- Quote from: VXQN on Thu, 29 July 2021, 09:25:04 ---What you've done here is interpret the phrase "interest check" literally (and why wouldn't you). What Geekhack actually means by "interest check" is "this the place to share fully fleshed out projects that are almost ready for production".

I don't have the board, but I'd be willing to bet that there's a market for it if you can produce the PCBs (BT boards have a history of being very finicky).

--- End quote ---
No, there are some posts that take years to reach production level, and get a lot of input from the community, so the phrase you used highly exaggerates what the community expects of IC posts.

--- End quote ---

while i agree the phrase "interest check" has a pretty wide definition that is very closely narrowed on GH specifically, I wonder what place OP should go to get the classic Y/N answer that they are looking for so they dont commit hours and dollars on something that people might not even want, feasibility aside. (i would point them to the rama discord kara channel but that doesnt exist to my knowledge)

Altain:
I believe an Interest Check thread should at least remain as "Interest Check" in literal terms for those who still wishes to contribute to the keyboarding community with their creativity.
OP is not obliged to be production-ready for "something that he's unsure whether Gh community members will be interested or not" just to present us the idea.
IC as a strictly pre-production announcement imho is just too much.
BTW, don't have a Kara, and not too keen on bluetooth so probably not interested, but GLWIC and your progression.

scottwei:

--- Quote from: lukelex on Thu, 29 July 2021, 06:53:43 ---Make something that works first, then come back  ;)

--- End quote ---

Actually, I have a plan like this too, base on G60BLE's PCB, but... I'm lacking Bluetooth modules, estimated delivery time is over 48 weeks...

lukelex:

--- Quote from: zungzangbi on Thu, 29 July 2021, 20:33:54 ---I believe an Interest Check thread should at least remain as "Interest Check" in literal terms for those who still wishes to contribute to the keyboarding community with their creativity.
OP is not obliged to be production-ready for "something that he's unsure whether Gh community members will be interested or not" just to present us the idea.
IC as a strictly pre-production announcement imho is just too much.
BTW, don't have a Kara, and not too keen on bluetooth so probably not interested, but GLWIC and your progression.

--- End quote ---
You’re getting drunk on the concept. Interest checks started out as “I made something cool. Would you like to have it as well?” And we should keep it as is IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version