Author Topic: [IC] GMK Trays (Updated 8/18/15) Cyrillic Alphas and Red Mods put on hold  (Read 66831 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Just filled the interest form.

Count me in for one of everything  :thumb:

Offline lunr

bit of a long shot but any chance you will do text-less for the modifiers? definitely will be interested if they were textless.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
bit of a long shot but any chance you will do text-less for the modifiers? definitely will be interested if they were textless.

P = 0

Offline ejizhan

• Be a good person
nice.nice.nice ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I  like this very much!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*Waiting it for a long-long time.
What time released?I'll buy a lot of sets

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
just for TKL keyboard , without number pad ,with incomplete F zone...has little compatability for normal and usual keyboard.
If possible ,please add number pad, if not , any possiblity for complete F zone, ranging from F1 to F12?
try something new and creative may bring pleasue. however, in pursuit for pleasure at the cost of compatability is another thing .
GOOD LUCK

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
    • KappaKapps - Artisan Kapps
We've received updated mockups for red alphas. These keys are very close to the final key choice, as it seems to be the best of both worlds. Please let us know what you think.

Cyrillic will most likely stay the same as in the OP, there will also be a WASD kit.

We're looking into a numpad set right now, and are deciding on what keys to include. If you have any preferences for numpad specific keys, please let us know.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
I prefer to add:

1. Windowed caps at Capslock, Scrollock positions
 (for boards haven't stand-off led). I think windowed caps is better.
2. F5-F8 ( Red on White)
I knew that almost people like F5-F8 (White on Red) than. But if this can take more order, hope you 'll consider my offer.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
I prefer to add:

2. F5-F8 ( Red on White)
I knew that almost people like F5-F8 (White on Red) than. But if this can take more order, hope you 'll consider my offer.
I really would love to see a windowed caps

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
I prefer to add:

2. F5-F8 ( Red on White)

I can agree with #1, but #2 seems to be a bit of a stretch since I think a great majority prefer alternating functions
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Too many changes... The cyrillic alphas set should stay exactly the way it is, its perfect the way it is, maybe add a R1 \| key for HHKB layouts but other than it is perfect.. I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish with the red mod set though. It is starting to go all over the place.

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
Too many changes... The cyrillic alphas set should stay exactly the way it is, its perfect the way it is, maybe add a R1 \| key for HHKB layouts but other than it is perfect.. I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish with the red mod set though. It is starting to go all over the place.

I totally agree with this.

The more keys, the higher price.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 July 2015, 03:31:45 by luckyryan333 »
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline HelixDan

• a SB player
numpad set  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

R1 1u Num,*,/,-
and 2u Enter,2u +

enough for me  :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 04:53:25 by HelixDan »
====== Welcome to Matrix Lab ======
HHKBClack ClickTopre
RealForce 87uClack ClickTopre 55g
LZ-CPGMK Red AlertBrown
Minila AirGranite DSABrown
?????Red

Offline bluesoul

numpad set  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

R1 1u Num,*,/,-
and 2u Enter,2u +

enough for me  :D

awesome, that's enough for me too :D

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
While we're at it why don't we add an Ergodox set, dvorak and colemak support, 1800 support, extra shift key for fc660 users

/s/
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 06:24:57 by swimmingbird »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter

+1, getting a mockup and addons is one thing, reaching the MOQ is another yet most important
I've pretty sure that cryllic would go well with Photeq upcoming beige and I thought it's the initial target which is to compliment the beige
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline effectiveduck

I don't really see the point in adding F1-F4 and F9-F12 keys as they're included as part of the classic beige, especially with red alphas, doesn't even work if you just buy these 2 sets.

I think the original mock-ups were perfect, but still gonna buy both and classic beige.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 06:25:59 by effectiveduck »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
I don't really see the point in adding F1-F4 and F9-F12 keys as they're included as part of the classic beige, especially with red alphas, doesn't even work if you just buy these 2 sets.

Agreed

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
As all you know, to much is as bad as too little.
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline HelixDan

• a SB player
i prefer to add numpad mod, most of people there have numpad or Cherry full layout keyboard,but less than half of the people have ErgoDox, HHKB, FC660 and some...

I have HHKB and ErgoDox, but I got the feeling adding numpad kit into the RED mod is more worthy than adding these kit(HHKB and ErgoDox)
HHKBClack ClickTopre
LZ-CPGMK Red AlertBrown
?????Red

Offline effectiveduck

We've received updated mockups for red alphas. These keys are very close to the final key choice, as it seems to be the best of both worlds. Please let us know what you think.

Show Image

Show Image

Cyrillic will most likely stay the same as in the OP, there will also be a WASD kit.

We're looking into a numpad set right now, and are deciding on what keys to include. If you have any preferences for numpad specific keys, please let us know.

Just seems like it's turning too much into it's own set, rather than a few add-ons to Classic Beige. If you wanna do your own thing that's cool, but make it one set (full size w/ cyrillic alpha's on maybe white or black then red mods as a side buy would be my recommendation).

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
i prefer to add numpad mod, most of people there have numpad or Cherry full layout keyboard,but less than half of the people have ErgoDox, HHKB, FC660 and some...

I have HHKB and ErgoDox, but I got the feeling adding numpad kit into the RED mod is more worthy than adding these kit(HHKB and ErgoDox)

Adding a numpad kit to the red mod kit will jump the price a good amount and I don't think it will be worth it for most people.

Offline billnye

• ability man
The cyrillic alphas set should stay exactly the way it is

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder

If there's that many people who use a numpad they can be run separately
I doubt it would hit MOQ

Offline HelixDan

• a SB player

Adding a numpad kit to the red mod kit will jump the price a good amount and I don't think it will be worth it for most people.

i do not know it will jump how much, additional $10?, i could less smoking or write a few codes  :D
HHKBClack ClickTopre
LZ-CPGMK Red AlertBrown
?????Red

Offline bluesoul

I doubt it would hit MOQ

umm, if there's that many people who don't use a numpad they can be run a whole new group that name "forever TKL"
I'm sure it would definitely hit MOQ

that sounds awesome, right? bro
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 08:16:58 by bluesoul »

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

i do not know it will jump how much, additional $10?, i could less smoking or write a few codes  :D

I am gonna guess more than $10 dollars. I would say at least $15 and for some people, myself included, a $15 dollar difference is a big deal, especially seeing as I don't use a numpad.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

I doubt it would hit MOQ

umm, if there's that many people who don't use a numpad they can be run a whole new group that name "forever TKL"

Most people actually use TKL. For the year or so I have been on here, I don't believe I have seen a Numpad kit run in a GB like this as they don't hit MOQ. The full sets purchased especially those from GMK always include a numpad which is enough for most people as these kits are meant for accent pieces. If a numpad is added, it might as well be sold as a full kit.

Offline HelixDan

• a SB player

I am gonna guess more than $10 dollars. I would say at least $15 and for some people, myself included, a $15 dollar difference is a big deal, especially seeing as I don't use a numpad.

more than $15? if so, it is a little bit expensive
HHKBClack ClickTopre
LZ-CPGMK Red AlertBrown
?????Red

Offline HelixDan

• a SB player

I doubt it would hit MOQ

Most people actually use TKL. For the year or so I have been on here, I don't believe I have seen a Numpad kit run in a GB like this as they don't hit MOQ. The full sets purchased especially those from GMK always include a numpad which is enough for most people as these kits are meant for accent pieces. If a numpad is added, it might as well be sold as a full kit.

:D two TKLer here, but i wish Red Mod(with Numpad kit) could make it have a new look  ;)

« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 09:41:23 by HelixDan »
HHKBClack ClickTopre
LZ-CPGMK Red AlertBrown
?????Red

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
So in my opinion the red mod set is a bit too much and won't hit moq. I think just stick to your guns and go with the Cyrillic alphas as that's sure to be a hit with beige.

I doubt it would hit MOQ

:D two TKLer here, but i wish Red Mod(with Numpad kit) could make it have a new look  ;)

Show Image

Awesome board. Nice use of the blockers at top. Is that a lsv1 or lsv2?

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
So in my opinion the red mod set is a bit too much and won't hit moq. I think just stick to your guns and go with the Cyrillic alphas as that's sure to be a hit with beige.

I doubt it would hit MOQ

Show Image

Sure V2. Pls look arrow positions.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'

I doubt it would hit MOQ

Show Image

LOL it is in his signature. I did not see it since I was on mobile.

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.

I doubt it would hit MOQ

Show Image

LOL it is in his signature. I did not see it since I was on mobile.

Yes. I didn't see his signature although I 'm using laptop  :(

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
I feel that the red modpack is getting too large.

I don't think many people will use the F1-F4, F9-F12, please remove them from the red mockpack since it isn't even red!

Also I love the red spacebars; please run them for sure.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2015, 05:59:16 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline kaiwwww

I feel that the red modpack is getting too large.

I don't think many people will use the F1-F4, F9-F12, please remove them from the red mockpack since it isn't even red!

Also I love the red spacebars; please run them for sure.
+1

Offline bazemk1979

interested if this was full set
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
interested if this was full set

It is meant to go with the upcoming GMK Classic Beige Group Buy which Photekq will be running SoonTM.

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
The team has decided to postpone Red Mods for a month or two down the line. Feel free to keep on discussing what you want to see in the set.

We will go ahead with Cyrillic Alphas and the WASD Pack in one week, to coordinate with Classic Beige.

These are the final mockups:

If there are any more questions regarding Cyrillic, feel free to post in the thread.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Re: [IC] GMK Cyrillic Alphas and Red Mods (Updated 7/27/15)
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 15:00:40 »
What's the point of the wasd kit? I think I missed it in earlier comments.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 15:09:11 »

Maybe just a poor man's cyrillic set? Or for gamers to change the worn out WASD caps?
... ...

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 16:02:50 »

Maybe just a poor man's cyrillic set? Or for gamers to change the worn out WASD caps?

I was thinking it was for gamers as well.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 16:05:48 »
Any word on the final pricing?

Offline KappaKapps

• * Vendor
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 16:52:16 »

The main purpose is for gamers who may wear down their WASD keys faster than other keys. Also, those who buy classic beige and want a little splash of Cyrillic on their keyboard can use this. We haven't received final pricing on the WASD kit, but it should be relatively cheap, so grab a few sets just in case.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 19:08:15 »

The main purpose is for gamers who may wear down their WASD keys faster than other keys. Also, those who buy classic beige and want a little splash of Cyrillic on their keyboard can use this. We haven't received final pricing on the WASD kit, but it should be relatively cheap, so grab a few sets just in case.

Not a bad idea for the pad printed sets

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 20:15:07 »
I'm in!!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 20:31:06 »
I wonder if this is still happening, due to recent discoveries.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 20:32:32 »

Link: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68609.0

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2015, 23:14:57 by ATXTider »

Offline jackiecanev2

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 22:42:15 »

Link: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68609.0

That would be fairly disturbing, especially since KappaKaps picked up a good quantity of BillNye's Bluegaloo mods to resell with "all profits going to charity."

http://www.kappakapps.com

| HHKB2 | Viper | 356.2 | Ducati | pitties | scalpels |