Author Topic: [GB] Round 1: CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit (CLOSED)  (Read 235720 times)

Offline bball2

Received my tracking number earlier today! Yeahh :D  :cool:

Same! Mine is already in North America  :thumb:

Offline BobCarltheThird

Received my tracking number earlier today! Yeahh :D  :cool:

Same! Mine is already in North America  :thumb:

I'm getting mine on Tuesday. I've had packages from within the US take longer to get here  :))
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline broden

Western Europe here, I just got a txt from DHL with an ETA of Thu 31st.
Whatever that shipping option was, I think it was a really good one.
Will report back end of the week, I think the first kits are definitely arriving by then. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Brammm87

I'm in Western Europe as well, Belgium. My DHL shipping notice says it'll arrive tomorrow. I'm stoked! DHL Express is really good shipping. Zeal uses it too. I've gotten packages from Canada  to here in less than 48 hours.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Oatburner

Received mine today. The silver one has some small marks/splotches on the back and bottom, not noticeable from the front though. Dark grey looks perfect. Very happy with these boards overall. They are very light.

The RGB LEDs work very well as a flash light. I think I'll hang my extra PCB from the ceiling to brighten the room up some.

Offline Daellin

Received mine today. The silver one has some small marks/splotches on the back and bottom, not noticeable from the front though. Dark grey looks perfect. Very happy with these boards overall. They are very light.

Show Image

Is that the black case?

Super hyped, I have lubed, filmed MX Zilents and genuine cherry stabs ready to be added in.

Offline JubJubCity

Show Image

The RGB LEDs work very well as a flash light. I think I'll hang my extra PCB from the ceiling to brighten the room up some.

Show Image

If that's the grey thats darker than i thought lol

Offline Oatburner

Show Image

Show Image

It is dark grey. At least, that's what I ordered, and it doesn't look black to me. Personally I'm glad it's darker, because my Revo RJ was dark grey but still lighter than I would have liked.

Offline Daellin

Dark grey looks perfect.

Is that the black case?

Oops. I swear, I can read!

The dark grey definitely looks nice, I didn't even know there was an option for it (guess i can't read after all). Would look great with Oblivion

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.

Show Image

Damn, those look really good with the red plates... Now I can't wait for mine to show up tomorrow.

Offline Stagione

Show Image

Show Image

Not sure how I feel about this. The sample pictures made the grey take on a blue tinge because of the lighting, and I really liked the colour. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Not sure how I feel about this. The sample pictures made the grey take on a blue tinge because of the lighting, and I really liked the colour. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Show Image

Show Image

It is dark grey. At least, that's what I ordered, and it doesn't look black to me. Personally I'm glad it's darker, because my Revo RJ was dark grey but still lighter than I would have liked.

Show Image

Glad to see you got it! :thumb:
Colors of aluminum cases show different depth depends on your light source when taking photos.
Actually the pic in second quote is very close to what you guys are gonna see. You can notice it's a bit dark in the bed background one.

But I am happy to see any photo is going to shown in thread. Please feel free to leave any comment so we can reference for our products in the future. ;D

Offline TheIronCore

Re: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit (Shipping almost done)
« Reply #613 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 01:37:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

Those look freaking amazing with the red plate! Dark Grey looks crazy awesome 🤩

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hello? Yes, this is dog

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #614 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 06:02:18 »
In Scandinavia and just picked up this beauty

It's darker and more bordeaux or wine like in real life, my camera is making it more red than it is.

Its absolutely stunning to see it in person, it's the most beautiful piece of hardware I've ever had between my hands.

« Last Edit: Tue, 29 May 2018, 06:05:28 by GreyAmbience »

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #615 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 07:48:17 »
DHL is coming today

Click it OR Ticket!

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #616 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 08:08:08 »

Show Image

It's darker and more bordeaux or wine like in real life, my camera is making it more red than it is.

Its absolutely stunning to see it in person, it's the most beautiful piece of hardware I've ever had between my hands.

wow! that does looks pretty amazing! good choice in colors. what caps are u gonna put on it?

Click it OR Ticket!

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #617 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 08:28:10 »

Show Image

wow! that does looks pretty amazing! good choice in colors. what caps are u gonna put on it?

Gmk Red Samurai

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #618 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 08:41:24 »

Show Image

Wow, that's gorgeous with that brass plate. That's definitely going to be one really nice looking board.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #619 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 08:41:59 »

Mine showed up today as well. I don't know yet which switches I'm gonna use... I'm thinking linears as I wanna take it to the coworking space I'm at, which requires silence.
pls gief bbv2

Offline typischt

« Reply #620 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 08:48:05 »
Show Image

Mine showed up today as well. I don't know yet which switches I'm gonna use... I'm thinking linears as I wanna take it to the coworking space I'm at, which requires silence.
Wow, blue is hot, congrats! I was really torn between blue and grey and went for grey in the end. But no regrets so far, also really liking the grey pictures posted here!

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #621 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 09:22:18 »
Macro shot of the anodizing and the badge

I've only found one tiny scratch on the inside of the bottom plate, otherwise my anodizing looks perfect. Gonna have to find a good cable for this board, not gonna use the bright red OnePlus cable from my phone :p
pls gief bbv2

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #622 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 09:27:10 »

Show Image

Gonna have to find a good cable for this board, not gonna use the bright red OnePlus cable from my phone :p
Is anyone making any fun usb-c cables?

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #623 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 10:22:36 »
I'm on the fence wether or not to add in switch lighting, but as I'm going with BOX Navy switches, I'll have to install them first anyway. I'm not super familiar with TMK/QMK: will it be possible to toggle the in switch lighting off independently from the RGB elements on the right?
pls gief bbv2

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #624 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 10:38:50 »
I'm on the fence wether or not to add in switch lighting, but as I'm going with BOX Navy switches, I'll have to install them first anyway. I'm not super familiar with TMK/QMK: will it be possible to toggle the in switch lighting off independently from the RGB elements on the right?
yes

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #625 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 11:16:26 »
Mine is scheduled to arrive today also.  Still not sure what keycaps I'm going to use since I got dark red.

Anyone has any recommendation of an angled usb c cable for this particular board?

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #626 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 12:19:12 »
Possible round 2 in the future : ) ?

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #627 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 12:23:14 »

The runner has said further up the thread that this is the last time that the board will be ran.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #628 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 12:25:50 »

The runner has said further up the thread that this is the last time that the board will be ran.

Yeah, this was already round 3...

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #629 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 12:35:12 »
Got the text that mine is out for delivery today (California)!
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline MisterKnife

« Reply #630 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 14:11:59 »

Added 1965. But only had plate mounted stabs:-(

Offline TheIronCore

« Reply #631 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 14:18:37 »

Show Image

Gonna have to find a good cable for this board, not gonna use the bright red OnePlus cable from my phone :p
Is anyone making any fun usb-c cables?

https://zapcables.com/design-your-own-detachable-cable/
Hello? Yes, this is dog

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #632 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 14:27:37 »

Show Image

Gmk Red Samurai
Show Image

STOP. That's gonna look gorgeous

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #633 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 14:33:58 »

Show Image

i keep seeing this and im convinced it is perfect as it is, so either 1)you need to find see-through switches and caps or 2)spend your 401K on sold gold keycaps :)

Click it OR Ticket!

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #634 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 14:44:13 »

Show Image

Gmk Red Samurai
Show Image

The hardest part is going to pick what artisan to use 🤔

oh and Kailh Pro Burgundy switches of course.

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #635 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 14:46:49 »

Show Image

Gmk Red Samurai
Show Image

The hardest part is going to pick what artisan to use
Show Image

yeah buddy! thats not a bad set of black, red, golds. can’t wait to see the completed build

Click it OR Ticket!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #636 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 15:44:37 »
I got mine, really regretting only getting silver. Still looks really nice. Might be a minor blemish or two which I can probably live with until I powder coat or some other new finish.

It went to my old address which luckily was only a 5 minute drive from the new place and the guy handed it right over  :-X

Also just realized I only added a brass plate and no second PCB. So either I need to buy a PCB, or sell a silver plate.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 May 2018, 15:46:24 by danielucf »
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #637 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 15:47:21 »
Just picked mine up. The red is even more beautiful in person. Sadly I have a little anodization error on the front so the raw aluminum peeks through....oh well. :-[

This is a tough one to pick keycaps for. I have GMk Red Samurai coming, but I may end up using dev/tty beige or, if that's not beige enough, 9009

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #638 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 16:18:30 »

Offline sacklunch

« Reply #639 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 16:21:55 »
Can someone shed some light here. I ordered a titanium badge ($26), which should be extra, yes? I have the brass badge on mine, but don't see another badge in my package. Anyone else missing theirs?

*edit* for those of you also confused, the extra badge will be in a small cut in the white foam.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 May 2018, 16:24:16 by sacklunch »

Offline Lvlc

« Reply #640 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 16:43:59 »
Has anyone fully put together the board yet? I finished all the soldering just to find that the screws for usb-c connector pcb are missing.

Offline ptiede

« Reply #641 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 16:45:06 »
Has anyone fully put together the board yet? I finished all the soldering just to find that the screws for usb-c connector pcb are missing.
My screws were already in the case in their holes. I had to unscrew them first

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #642 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 17:00:05 »
I have not removed the PCB from the packaging inside the case yet, but is there a way to build with a 7x spacebar? Or is it only the split (2.25 and 2.75) or 6.25 layout?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #643 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 17:03:30 »

Show Image

I've only found one tiny scratch on the inside of the bottom plate, otherwise my anodizing looks perfect. Gonna have to find a good cable for this board, not gonna use the bright red OnePlus cable from my phone :p

I got this color as well, it looks even better in person. This board is seriously incredible looking.
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline Bael_Zharon

« Reply #644 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 17:10:47 »
Holy crap, these are so beautiful. Remember, if you're looking to sell one, please let me know! Really sad I missed out on this.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #645 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 17:17:29 »
Backspace or Split Backspace? What's everyone thinking about doing? I haven't seen a split backspace ca66 yet

Offline ptiede

« Reply #646 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 17:19:14 »
I'll be doing a split backspace.

Offline ctrl

« Reply #647 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 17:27:13 »
Sweden here. Picked it up at the post office today.

Dark red case looking intensely gorgeous! And it got better. I couldn't decide on a plate/badge color combo so I got both badges as well as gold, silver and brass plates. Glad I did. The mirror polished brass plate is one hell of a heavy and thick slab, shining at me like deer's eyes caught in headlights. I paired it with the titanium badge and it was a match made in heaven; the titanium bringing the surface back a little, letting that mirror polish shine. It will look amazing with light grey keycaps.

A few minor issues. The anodizing hadn't taken in a few places. Ca 2 mm inside the USB-C cutout, quite visible, but won't be when hooked up to a cable. There were also two barely visible ones (I had to look hard for these): a really small dot in the middle of the back between the rubber feet and a one mm hairline on one of the edges. Nothing major. Overall the anodizing looks perfect.

The inside had blemishes here and there, mostly on the inside of the back plate, on screw standoffs and white discoloring around the USB-C cutout. Once assembled none of that will be visible though.

But wasn't it supposed to come with two strips of rubber feet? I only got one...

Overall, a damn fine keyboard! I'm really happy about having joined this GB and look forward to building it.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #648 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 17:28:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Gmk Red Samurai
Show Image

The hardest part is going to pick what artisan to use 🤔
Show Image

I vote either Solid Gold Esc or the Darth Vader/Transformer-looking dude.

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #649 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 17:32:36 »

all i can say is WOW! i got the gray, with silver and brass opt for plate/badge. this pic does this baby no justice. i think the gray was the most highly ordered and u folks will not be disappointed. happy keeb building everyone.

Click it OR Ticket!