Author Topic: English language documentation for Leeku's L3 Boards (CP-SQ, TX-1800, 3000, &c.)  (Read 22731 times)

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
I've collected L3 software/JigOn tips from threads on GH, Google translate and Github, so here is my attempt at English documentation for Leeku's software:

L3 Software and JigOn (PDF download from Dropbox)

It's a beginning more than an end. Feedback appreciated!

edit: v1.04 up!
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 August 2016, 17:32:41 by Pliny »
"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline Giorgio

Thanks!!!!

I've considering to buy a leeku 1800, so this is very helpful.

Offline kawasaki161

Where can you even get those PCB's? I've got 2 1800 cases and PCB's for them.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Oh, good! Thanks!
Does this cover the TX87 as well?

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
Oh, good! Thanks!
Does this cover the TX87 as well?

I'm looking in the TX87 thread and it mentions Leeku's L3 ALPhaS board, if that's what the TX87 uses, then yes.

The list of covered boards Leeku gives is: L3 boards (ALPhaS, Finger, FingerUp, CP-SQ, MX1800, MX3000)
& MX1830 boards (Legacy 1800/3000)

"He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
- Melania T.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Okay, yeah, the TX87 definitely works with this!  :thumb:

So I've been reading it and got stuck on the custom macros. You have "choose a macro key"; do we have to connect the keyboard to the jigon software at that time? I've tried following the steps with the keyboard connected and without the keyboard connected (directly to the software, I mean), but the OK to record macro doesn't pop up on the Notepad.

Also, my keyboard suddenly stopped recognized the num pad in the Fn layer; anyone else run into that? I used to embed the keypad in the Fn layer a la the Realforce, but then a few days ago it stopped recognized, so I embedded the num row instead.

All in all, fantastic job. I had to figure a lot of this stuff on my own, but it's so good to have it in one PDF with a link to the software/firmware. It helps even those who have had used this stuff before get a refresher.  :thumb:

Offline Pliny

• has 1800 fever
Thanks for the kind words romevi!

Ok, I need to rephrase the macro part :D It's "the key you're gonna press (along with FN) to trigger the macro." Just gotta figure out a shorter way to say that!

It also needs an example:

We’d like the macro trigger key to be “Z”. Open Notepad or a text editor. Hold down FN+Z for four seconds. “OK RECORD MACRO” appears in the editor. Type your macro output text, we’ll use “this is a test”. Then press FN again. “DONE” appears in the editor. Now, whatever app you’re in, when you press FN+Z, “this is a test” will be typed into the current app.

Plus, it shouldn't be in the JigOn section at all. So I'll fix those in the next revision!
- Melania T.

Offline codywanks

Just posting here to say thanks. I'm surprised there are so few replies though.  :-X

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Right? leeku's PCBs desperately needed some good guides in English.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
Thanks!
The guide on how to set up macros was super useful  :thumb:

Offline wodan

One important remark for international users!

Switch your input language in windows to EN-US if you want keystrokes to show up in JigOn. If you use another locale setting, your keypresses will not highlight in the software!

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
Just wanted to express my gratitude for putting this guide together. Saved me a lot of hassle :D
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake

Offline doom2

This might be too technical for this forum, but any way to get JigOn to work in a Windows VM running on VirtualBox in OSX? That is OSX host OS, Win8 guest OS. Using latest version of JigOn from the forum. Haven't had success mapping the board even though the software tells me it should work.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
^^^
You'll need to see if you can get Virtualbox to connect (pass through) the USB device directly to the VM.
https://www.howtoforge.com/virtualbox-2-how-to-pass-through-usb-devices-to-guests-on-an-ubuntu-8.10-host
Not sure if it's supported on OSX though.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 March 2017, 09:07:00 by MajorKoos »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Nice, Thanks for putting this together!
-Dana

Offline wodan

Just referenced this document once again, thanks very much for putting this together! 

Offline mathilda

Thank you very much Pliny. This guide saves me ton of times

Offline Petch

Thanks, very useful!

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
Is it me or firmware 170419 does not have the options for the led modes?

I am using
L3_170419.zip    (All L3-xxx PCBs)
JigOn_170419.zip    (Key mapping GUI)

If you look here and find JigOn v150818 the GUI tells you how to set the led mode in the FN layer? But that bottom row is missing from my JigOn_170419... is it my screen not able to show it in full?

EDIT: It was my screen had to connect my gf's laptop to the tv so I can see the program in full screen
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 August 2017, 08:11:32 by punksinatra »

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
Anyone have any idea if there is way to put a delay for each key press when recording macros just like for the bootmapper client?

Offline DukeMugen

• +1
Hello! Im building a YAS62 keyboard and it's using leeku's PCB. I'll be building this keyboard specifically for mac use only. How do I start on this?
let me check my wallet.

Offline odd

You will need access to a Windows machine or a Windows VM

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
hello,
i have a question : can we map a key to turn on and off the LED's or are there mode's on the LED's? so i dont need to open the firmware everytime
i see 4 key's labeled led mode 0-3 which dont seem to do anything.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
is there interest for a video tutorial?

i'm building my second mira PCB this week

hello,
i have a question : can we map a key to turn on and off the LED's or are there mode's on the LED's? so i dont need to open the firmware everytime

don't think so but i can double check

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I’d be very interested in a video tutorial!

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store

that would be amazing.
also i found kin mention in his tx1800 thread that theres cheatcodes. i dont understand how to use it. does it require to open the firmware also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

that would be amazing.
also i found kin mention in his tx1800 thread that theres cheatcodes. i dont understand how to use it. does it require to open the firmware also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheat keys are pretty much just for debugging and most of them can't be bound
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vala

• :smork:
    • Vala Supply

hello,

Do you know if the firmware number and the key mapping gui number have to be the same? Because the two on kdblab dont match up and the old download links don't work.
I also need n-key rollover support and the latest version of the firmware disables ps/2 which afaik is necessary to get n-key rollover on this pcb.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder

hello,

Do you know if the firmware number and the key mapping gui number have to be the same? Because the two on kdblab dont match up and the old download links don't work.
I also need n-key rollover support and the latest version of the firmware disables ps/2 which afaik is necessary to get n-key rollover on this pcb.

whatever the versions are on the download page, they don't need to match since they're just dates

and afaik it doesn't have n-key rollover since it's V-USB because of the controller, but i will check

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply

whatever the versions are on the download page, they don't need to match since they're just dates

and afaik it doesn't have n-key rollover since it's V-USB because of the controller, but i will check

Damn, no n-key rollover would really suck. I need it for rhythm games lol.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
Does anybody have a link or backup to L3_170419.zip?

I need the older version so I can use ps/2.

I would really appreciate it.

Offline lanyusea

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup multi FN keys in a layer?

I tried to set A/B/C as Fns, for example, but only A works as FN, B/C work as nothing.
If I only set B or set C, they work.
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
Does anybody have a link or backup to L3_170419.zip?

I need the older version so I can use ps/2.

I would really appreciate it.

Sorry I'm bumping this, but if anybody has this i'd greatly appreciate it. I can't use my mira to its full potential without ps/2, and it makes me sad having it sit there in my closet.

(if you're curious why, look up osu mania)

Offline poolside

Is it available here:

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=2702787&mid=board_sw

The first link to L3_170419.zip in the middle of the page seems to be broken. The zip file linked at the bottom in the 첨부파일 section (attached files?) works though: http://kbdlab.co.kr/?module=file&act=procFileDownload&file_srl=4320094&sid=ebbdca3c12b3174f582b4c8dc470ecce

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
Is it available here:

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=2702787&mid=board_sw

The first link to L3_170419.zip in the middle of the page seems to be broken. The zip file linked at the bottom in the 첨부파일 section (attached files?) works though: http://kbdlab.co.kr/?module=file&act=procFileDownload&file_srl=4320094&sid=ebbdca3c12b3174f582b4c8dc470ecce

Thank you so much!

EDIT: For anyone wondering, I finally am using my MIRA how I want to! Got my FN layer set up right, turned off the LEDs I installed as they were blinding me (maybe sip sockets were a mistake considering how annoying they were to install), and most importantly, I have N-key rollover using ps/2!
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 May 2018, 00:58:32 by Vala »

Offline Saga

• Pew Pew Particle Accelerators
Does anyone know how to deal with a keymap showing up incorrectly? I use ISO-FO but it maps the Ed key to an umlaut.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Does anyone know how to deal with a keymap showing up incorrectly? I use ISO-FO but it maps the Ed key to an umlaut.
You probably need to use the legend as seen on an ISO UK board, that or you have a PCB where the matrix doesn't match the physical layout.  Or both...

What board do you have?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline harjoat

I've collected L3 software/JigOn tips from threads on GH, Google translate and Github, so here is my attempt at English documentation for Leeku's software:

L3 Software and JigOn (PDF download from Dropbox)

It's a beginning more than an end. Feedback appreciated!

edit: v1.04 up!

link is dead :(, any chance you still have a copy of this document you could reupload?