Author Topic: [Order] TX60/TX65/TX84se [Finished]  (Read 239061 times)

Offline clik_clak

Re: [Order] TX60/TX65/TX84se
« Reply #550 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 12:26:41 »
Sorry for the delay. Kin had some technical difficulties with his PC. He was supposed to go live today (Sunday PT). However, as mentioned above, the stock should be enough for everyone and the form will stay up for a week. Cheers!

Thanks for the update!

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #551 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 12:37:36 »
Sorry for the delay. Kin had some technical difficulties with his PC. He was supposed to go live today (Sunday PT). However, as mentioned above, the stock should be enough for everyone and the form will stay up for a week. Cheers!

Implying the boards are built and ready to ship?
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #552 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 12:52:34 »
I really don't need any more TX boards, but I think I might need some white something.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #553 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 12:53:26 »

From the pictures I've seen, kin usually has a rolling stock of stuff sitting on shelves.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #554 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 13:25:00 »
I would really really really like to see a side-by-side of the antique finishes with the gray from the previous round.  This would be the only way I could accurately judge the color temperature of the finishes (since I own a gray one)

I'm starting to think the darker antique one would look almost too similar to the dark gray IRL

The white looks sooo nice, but I'm just curious about the durability of the finish.  I'm clumsy and I'm pretty sure I'll end up banging a corner against something eventually, lol. 

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #555 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 15:38:06 »

So if it won't go live today, will it be tomorrow?

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #556 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 15:41:32 »

Yes. That’s why it took so long. :)

He fronted the money to make sure only the best units will go out. I don’t think I’ve seen any complaints about tx60/65/84se yet. Hopefully this will go smoothly as well.
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #557 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 15:41:56 »

Yes. 99%
==============

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #558 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 15:45:11 »

Yes. 99%

Thanks for confirming! If there are photos available, would you mind sharing them? I'd love to also know more about the white color's finish.

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #559 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 15:48:05 »

Yes. 99%

Thanks for confirming! If there are photos available, would you mind sharing them? I'd love to also know more about the white color's finish.

Don’t kill me if he doesn’t go live tmr lol

I only have a 2 pics.
==============

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #560 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 15:48:44 »

Yes. 99%

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94637.msg2578984#msg2578984
https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=225ozzy&logNo=221312604646&navType=tl
https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=225ozzy&logNo=221312059878&navType=tl

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #561 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 16:01:53 »

Yes. 99%

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94637.msg2578984#msg2578984
https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=225ozzy&logNo=221312604646&navType=tl
https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=225ozzy&logNo=221312059878&navType=tl

Thanks, both of you. I'll offer a free translation for your help.

흰색 20대정도 샘플 진행한것이 나왔습니다.

About 20 sample pieces were produced in white.

품질이 아주 만족스럽진 않습니다.

The quality is not quite satisfactory.

도색 자체가 워낙 어렵네요.

The painting itself is very difficult.

90%정도의 품질이라 생각하시면 될듯 합니다.

You can think of this as about 90% quality.

큰 불량은 없고 아주 자세히 들여다 봐야 보이는 정도입니다.

There are no large defects, and any defects are only visible when you observe them very carefully.

도색의 품질을 높이기 위해 아노다이징후 도색처리를 하였습니다.

In order to elevate the quality of the painting, we have cleaned up the painting process after anodization.

경도는 아노다이징 경도에 도색경도(아노의 60%)가 더해지긴 하지만, 강한 충격에는 도색부분이 벗겨질수 있습니다.

Although the hardness of the case is increased as the anodization's hardness and the paint's hardness (about 60% of the anodizing's hardness) are compounded, upon strong impact the painted portions can be torn/peeled off.

도색작업은 기간이 짧지만, 불량이 발생하면 재처리해야되는 기간이 필요해서 넉넉하게 한달정도를 잡았습니다.

The painting process itself is short, but in the case of defects, there needs to be time to correct for them. For that, we have reserved about 1 month of a time interval.

빠르면 2주만에도 발송이 될수있고, 늦으면 2달까지도 걸릴수 있습니다.

If it's quick, shipping can be done within 2 weeks, but if it's delayed, it can take up to 2 months.

키보드 배열에 따라 주문수량이 부족할경우 추가 가공을 해야할수도 있어서, 그런경우 2달정도로 잡았습니다.

In the case that the number of orders is insufficient due to varying demand of the keyboard's layout, we can add additional processing (production). In these cases, we have reserved about 2 months to do so.

이번에 엔틱과 화이트를 함께 예약을 받도록 하겠습니다.

This time, we will be reserving (taking orders) for both the antique and white.

기존 가격보다 3점정도 추가됩니다.

This (the antique or white finish) will add about 3 points (context: 3 pts is ~30,000 Korean Won -- about $30) to the base pricing.

tx1800v2
txcp(소량) 가공추가 될수 있음 -- (in small numbers) -- can add additional orders
tx84se
tx87se(소량) 가공 추가될수 있음 -- (in small numbers) -- can add additional orders
tx87
tx84(소량) 가공 추가될수 있음 -- (in small numbers) -- can add additional orders
tx65
tx60(60 hhkb)
txpad
lz-iron(84, 87)

가공추가되는 배열은 늦어질수 있습니다.

On layouts where additional orders are placed, the processing can be delayed/long.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 July 2018, 16:08:20 by LightningXI »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #562 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 16:29:59 »
Wow, thanks for the translation, sir.  Very helpful.

I was afraid to get white b/c I had issues in the past with my first Norbauer case in white.  But it sounds like Kin is working very closely with the manufacturer to ensure it's as close to perfect as possible.  Painting a case that has seams like this is really tough.  If there is any excess on a seam it can easily cause a gap, or even worse, crack off when screwed together tightly.  I don't envy the people trying to get it right.  He said 90% quality in the photos and they look near perfect.  Seams look great already on the ones in the photos.

Now, I just need a side-by-side of the antique colors with the dark gray from R1.  Where/who should I ask for such a pic?

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #563 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 16:47:00 »
Ugh... Should I sell my LZ kit to fund my TX1800?
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #564 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 16:52:56 »
Does anyone know how the white finishes durability compare to cerakote? I am wondering if I would have to be more careful with this board compared to a standard anodized one.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #565 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 17:53:22 »
Ugh... Should I sell my LZ kit to fund my TX1800?

Yes.

Wow, thanks for the translation, sir.  Very helpful.

Painting a case that has seams like this is really tough.  If there is any excess on a seam it can easily cause a gap, or even worse, crack off when screwed together tightly.  I don't envy the people trying to get it right.  He said 90% quality in the photos and they look near perfect.  Seams look great already on the ones in the photos.

You're welcome! Seriously though, that white already does look neat, but I'm sure he's just trying his best to put his best foot forward and prevent any complaints from any potential issues. Eek, it's tough to be a vendor.

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #566 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 18:30:10 »
I'd love to pick up a tx-cp but I was holding out for that gorgeous dark grey. Any chance they might be available again? Maybe I'll just jump on an antique finish while the cp is being sold again.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #567 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 18:31:58 »
I'd love to pick up a tx-cp but I was holding out for that gorgeous dark grey. Any chance they might be available again? Maybe I'll just jump on an antique finish while the cp is being sold again.

Last we heard was the TX-CP and TX1800 were not going to be made again. This might be your last bet. Maybe get one of these and trade for a dark gray one?
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #568 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 18:52:20 »

In May, the TX newsletter said that they were 99% positive that the 1800 series would never make a return again. Less than 2 months later, here we are with Antique and White.

Maybe it's a sign that other colors may come again, but I'm gonna guess this is the last run we see, especially when work on a 108 key is coming along

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #569 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 19:16:29 »

In May, the TX newsletter said that they were 99% positive that the 1800 series would never make a return again. Less than 2 months later, here we are with Antique and White.

Maybe it's a sign that other colors may come again, but I'm gonna guess this is the last run we see, especially when work on a 108 key is coming along

What is this 108?
Keyboard Collection:

More

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #570 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 19:35:14 »
I appreciate your speculation, guys. I'll try to get into this buy if I can [hoping it's as easy/available as kin says]. The dark grey antique is definitely looking good 

https://blog.naver.com/225ozzy/221289489278

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #571 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 19:49:04 »
I appreciate your speculation, guys. I'll try to get into this buy if I can [hoping it's as easy/available as kin says]. The dark grey antique is definitely looking good 

I love the way they look, just wonder if they would be harder to find non standard keysets that compliment the finish.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #572 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 19:57:44 »
Does anyone know how the white finishes durability compare to cerakote? I am wondering if I would have to be more careful with this board compared to a standard anodized one.

Quote from the blog:

Although the hardness of the case is increased as the anodization's hardness and the paint's hardness (about 60% of the anodizing's hardness) are compounded, upon strong impact the painted portions can be torn/peeled off.

The case is hard, but the paint coat is not as hard as anodization.  So yes, you would need to be more careful.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #573 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 20:01:30 »

Quote from the blog:

The case is hard, but the paint coat is not as hard as anodization.  So yes, you would need to be more careful.
Thank you pixelpusher!

Offline cucgach

« Reply #574 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 21:22:24 »

What is this 108?
New tx project

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=225ozzy&logNo=221312566808&navType=tl

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline regionfree

« Reply #575 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 23:29:04 »
might go for an antique finish, to get a steampunk-themed setup.

will the usual colors be available as well?

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #576 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 12:18:52 »
Kin doesn’t return my txts so maybe it’s going to be delayed further. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

It’ll be ready when he’s ready 🤷‍♀️.
==============

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #577 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 12:20:19 »
Kin doesn’t return my txts so maybe it’s going to be delayed further. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Hahaha, we'll be waiting... By the way, you got any txcp bags?

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #578 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 12:20:43 »

Hahaha, we'll be waiting... By the way, you got any txcp bags? Also need a few TKL ones

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #579 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 12:36:39 »

I’ve been talking to him about it. We’re just not sure if there’s enough interest to do so. Even with bulk shipping it’s still very expensive.
==============

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #580 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 12:42:21 »

I’ve been talking to him about it. We’re just not sure if there’s enough interest to do so. Even with bulk shipping it’s still very expensive.

I think if we ran a real IC form for the cases we would see that there is way more interest then you think. It would be awesome if we could arrange cheaper sea-based shipping for something like this.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #581 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 18:15:45 »
When the form form does go up, will it be a limited amount? Raffle? Fcfs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #582 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 18:20:36 »

They've already said it wouldn't be a raffle, Kin doesn't like exclusivity. He also said that if he needs to make more of a given board, he'll make more.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #583 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 18:36:46 »

They've already said it wouldn't be a raffle, Kin doesn't like exclusivity. He also said that if he needs to make more of a given board, he'll make more.
Ok, thanks for your answer! :)

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #584 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 05:09:31 »
New blog post with fresh white samples: https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=225ozzy&logNo=221316332134&navType=tl

Google translate of the two sentences at the bottom

Sorry, booking seems to have to wait a few more days.

I am not feeling well, so I will raise it after it has recovered.

Looks like we have to be patient for a few more days, best of health to you kin! Take the time you need.  :thumb:

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #585 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 05:47:55 »
Is this the correct place to see whether there are extras to the different keyboards? Interested in TX60 in Gold in particular.

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #586 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 06:41:01 »
Is this the correct place to see whether there are extras to the different keyboards? Interested in TX60 in Gold in particular.

I would wait for the upcoming sale to check what colors will be available

Offline cucgach

« Reply #587 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 06:51:43 »
As I know, this round gonna have White and Antique colors only, available for multiples layout such as 1800v2, tx-cp, 87, 84, 84se, 65 and 60, etc..

Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #588 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 07:37:38 »
As I know, this round gonna have White and Antique colors only, available for multiples layout such as 1800v2, tx-cp, 87, 84, 84se, 65 and 60, etc..

This is what I thought too. Thought I would try my chances.

inb4

“When is R2?”

hahahah

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline sublyme

• sublyme_keys
« Reply #589 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 09:57:14 »

Agreed.. Need one of these.

Offline Pheyn

« Reply #590 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 10:42:14 »
Is the TX-75 not included in this upcoming run? I'd kill to get one in white

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #591 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 10:58:59 »
Is the TX-75 not included in this upcoming run? I'd kill to get one in white

tx1800v2
txcp(소량) 가공추가 될수 있음 -- (in small numbers) -- can add additional orders
tx84se
tx87se(소량) 가공 추가될수 있음 -- (in small numbers) -- can add additional orders
tx87
tx84(소량) 가공 추가될수 있음 -- (in small numbers) -- can add additional orders
tx65
tx60(60 hhkb)
txpad
lz-iron(84, 87)

anything beyond those, as well as colors, would be pure speculation.

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #592 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 11:56:33 »
what's the difference between regular and SE version?

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #593 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 11:59:29 »

Different weight and different brass plate AFAIK

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #594 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 14:26:27 »

Different top, different integrated weight design, diffuser and logo cutout. Here's an album I made of my boards to show the differences.

https://imgur.com/a/owEQP

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #595 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 14:35:37 »
Thanks a lot! Will go with TX84SE in antique :D

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #596 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 15:11:38 »
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/406843155279773717/466696854504079391/20180711_215753.png

Any comment from Kin as to the changes to the 1800/TXCP in this pic? These are not the original V2 changes from my understanding, these look like the BOK.

Offline wholypantalones

« Reply #597 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 16:17:05 »
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/406843155279773717/466696854504079391/20180711_215753.png

Any comment from Kin as to the changes to the 1800/TXCP in this pic? These are not the original V2 changes from my understanding, these look like the BOK.

Looks like a TX-CPse.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #598 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 16:23:58 »

I really hope they have V2's then as well.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 July 2018, 22:19:38 by clik_clak »

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #599 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 22:04:25 »
so... when will the form be online?
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps