Author Topic: Building Phantom Hardware and Firmware Mods  (Read 179517 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: Building Phantom Hardware and Firmware Mods
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 08:45:24 »
could someone post a quick diagram on how to hard wire a phantom board to a teensy without the standard pcb so that the columns and rows line up with their respective pins on the teensy?  I have an idea for mine that won't allow the use of the pcb.  Also any suggestions where i could get a new teensy controller? 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 08:50:14 »
could someone post a quick diagram on how to hard wire a phantom board to a teensy without the standard pcb so that the columns and rows line up with their respective pins on the teensy?  I have an idea for mine that won't allow the use of the pcb.  Also any suggestions where i could get a new teensy controller? 

You can buy a Teensy direct from PJRC at http://www.pjrc.com/teensy

I don't think it will work just wiring the matrix direct to the pins on the ATmega32U4, however. There are some other electrical components that would be missing.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 08:52:04 »
I know i would need diodes just not sure which columns and rows line up with with pins on the teensy and that is a lot of lines to follow on the pcb without much room for error.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 23:51:42 »
First one I built from this round 2 batch. It's pretty long, but there is a detailed index in the video description to jump around:

There are instructions on DT, but these are the key differences that I do:

• solder diodes on the opposite side of the switches, so they're facing down. This is so you can easily replace them if any happens rather than desoldering the whole board
  • solder the top side of one of the two legs so it holds diode in place, clip excess leads, then solder the bottom two legs. This holds them in place, so you don't have bent leads when soldering
  • make the teensy as flush as possible, as described here, so it can be compatible with current and future cases.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 23:55:01 »
First one I built from this round 2 batch. It's pretty long, but there is a detailed index in the video description to jump around:

There are instructions on DT, but these are the key differences that I do:

• solder diodes on the opposite side of the switches, so they're facing down. This is so you can easily replace them if any happens rather than desoldering the whole board
  • solder the top side of one of the two legs so it holds diode in place, clip excess leads, then solder the bottom two legs. This holds them in place, so you don't have bent leads when soldering
  • make the teensy as flush as possible, as described here, so it can be compatible with current and future cases.

I'm going to watch this tomorrow but just seeing all those different switches  :o !!

Offline Denonic

« Reply #405 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 08:06:47 »
I'm going to watch this tomorrow but just seeing all those different switches  :o !!

Haha awesome job WFD.  That's my switch selection and the reasons behind each are on my blog here if interested: link

I wouldn't dare to do this with a non switchable plate top though.

Cheers again WFD!

Offline remmeh

« Reply #406 on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 18:03:39 »
Anyone happen to be using a USB KVM with a Phantom? I'm using an iogear one and it refuses to work through the KVM.

Think this is fixable through firmware somehow?

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #407 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 05:48:46 »
Do I need to use linux to compile a custom layout firmware or is there an easier way under Windows?

Offline bpiphany

• bpiph is a special type of crazy. //mkawa
« Reply #408 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 06:08:04 »
Do I need to use linux to compile a custom layout firmware or is there an easier way under Windows?

There surely is a way. It ain't gonna be easier though...

Edit: You were perhaps looking for a GUI or something. I'm not sure if someone built something like that. Compiling on the other hand is going to be easier on Linux any day.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 06:22:33 by bpiphany »

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 06:23:37 »

Schematics!

* phantom_schematic.pdf (123.55 kB - downloaded 205 times.)

Offline remmeh

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 08:21:47 »

There surely is a way. It ain't gonna be easier though...

Edit: You were perhaps looking for a GUI or something. I'm not sure if someone built something like that. Compiling on the other hand is going to be easier on Linux any day.

I installed cygwin + WinAVR and this allowed me to compile from the commandline.

Offline Tranquilite

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 16:37:34 »
I'm able to compile Hasu's code in windows from commandline with just WinAVR.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #412 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 05:48:19 »

Schematics!

(Attachment Link)

Thanks a lot for this good sir.  Now to see if I can make heads and or tails out of it when i get my really custom plate made for mine.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #413 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:29:23 »
So I put everything together and not all my keys are working. I tried a couple different hex files but have not tried to compile my own yet. Does anyone have a link to a nice Ansi150 layout hex I can try just to be sure?

This shows the keys that work. I had my ErgoDox work flawlessly the first time I plugged it in and flashed a firmware, and I just built a 38GT last night with zero issues with my diodes. Any ideas?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #414 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:33:28 »
So I put everything together and not all my keys are working. I tried a couple different hex files but have not tried to compile my own yet. Does anyone have a link to a nice Ansi150 layout hex I can try just to be sure?

Show Image

This shows the keys that work. I had my ErgoDox work flawlessly the first time I plugged it in and flashed a firmware, and I just built a 38GT last night with zero issues with my diodes. Any ideas?

Looks like a problem with some of the rows

Did you solder those 3 extra pins on the teensy?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #415 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:41:18 »

Nope....  :(

Back to the drawing board, I might have a lot of desoldering to do unless there is a way to get these in with the plate/keys attached. Completely my fault being a newb and skipping directions.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #416 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:43:17 »

Back to the drawing board, I might have a lot of desoldering to do unless there is a way to get these in with the plate/keys attached. Completely my fault being a newb and skipping directions.

You might be able to insert the pins in through the

your plates already on :(.

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #417 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:51:19 »
Looking at WhiteFireDragon's teensy picture it looks like I should have pins through D4, D5, and E6 (As labeled on the teensy PCB). It looks like it'll be less work to desolder the small Teensy PCB.

This line right here "Make sure you also install legs to pin 13, 17, and 30." Arg  :-[

Still need a Ansi150 hex file from somewhere. Not worried about function layers until I have more time to learn how to compile my own .hex files.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #418 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:52:45 »
Looking at WhiteFireDragon's teensy picture it looks like I should have pins through D4, D5, and E6 (As labeled on the teensy PCB). It looks like it'll be less work to desolder the small Teensy PCB.

This line right here "Make sure you also install legs to pin 13, 17, and 30." Arg  :-[

How are you going to desolder the teensy with the plate on? Unless you do all the pins on the teensy

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #419 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:59:16 »
I was going to desolder all the pins on the teensy (Only 24 instead of 172+ from switches and LEDs), but looking at the unused teensy for my second Phantom I think the solder is on both sides of the small PCB so I'm probably SOL.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #420 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 03:00:39 »
I was going to desolder all the pins on the teensy (Only 24 instead of 172+ from switches and LEDs), but looking at the unused teensy for my second Phantom I think the solder is on both sides of the small PCB so I'm probably SOL.

Sucker or wick?

Also, I loaded hasu firmware for ansi150 and was freaking out since the caps lock didn't work so I desoldered/resoldered on a new diode and it still didn't work. I loaded in the other default phantom firmware and it work. Just an FYI encase you didn't know
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 June 2013, 04:46:14 by The_Beast »

Offline Rendom

« Reply #421 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 09:43:23 »
I need some help for the WFD125 layout plate. Has anyone who has the same plate compiled a layout for the firmware? And willing to share? Please PM me! My Phantom isn't working now. : (
QFR - MX Blue

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #422 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 14:28:48 »

Yeah looks like you skipped this step at 22m 53sec. You need to access both sides of the PCB to add in those 3 extra pins. Since you already have the plate installed and soldered the switches, you need to desolder all switches to take the everything off before you can access both sides of teensy.

To anyone building for the first time, test all connectivity between diodes, traces, and controller before the switches goes on. It saves the hassle that danielucf had to go through. That's at 34m 48s, and 36m 00s.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #423 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 14:45:41 »
Is it  completely impossible the solder would jump the gap down onto the Phantom board through the Teensy if you add enough? Maybe it is possible to first add solder to the pads on the main board. There should be some room without a pin in there. Then heat some pin up pushing it through both holes, re-flowing the solder?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #424 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 15:00:07 »
I was thinking something like that too since it's only 3 pins, but didn't recommend it because if he messes up, it might make the problem worst.

Do what bpiphany said if you're using solder wire. Add a lot of flux, melt a little bit of solder wire at a time and let it flow down the teensy hole into the keyboard PCB. Add the pin, reflow, and add more solder to the top. Alternatively, it might be easier to use solder paste and push it down all the way, add the pin, then heat it until it melts. The risk of doing this is that heating solder that's all the way down the hole might damage the top traces first before the solder on the bottom remelts.

Offline bpiphany

« Reply #425 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 15:46:44 »
Solder paste of course.. That way you'll be able to get it all the way down where it is supposed to be before it solidifies =) Then just add the pin and heat it up.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #426 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 16:01:27 »

Yeah looks like you skipped this step at 22m 53sec. You need to access both sides of the PCB to add in those 3 extra pins. Since you already have the plate installed and soldered the switches, you need to desolder all switches to take the everything off before you can access both sides of teensy.

To anyone building for the first time, test all connectivity between diodes, traces, and controller before the switches goes on. It saves the hassle that danielucf had to go through. That's at 34m 48s, and 36m 00s.

Yup, I used my cheap $10 multimeter to test the columns and rows. I also did a aquatest with a bent wire just to double check.

Offline Wraul

« Reply #427 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 07:11:03 »
Still need a Ansi150 hex file from somewhere. Not worried about function layers until I have more time to learn how to compile my own .hex files.
I built you a default ansi 150 firmware.
It uses this layout https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/tree/master/keyboard/phantom#2-ansi-150
You can download it here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1357824/tmk_phantom_ansi_150.hex

Offline megaforce

« Reply #428 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 16:33:02 »
Need a bit of help with my programming my Phantom (using hasu's firmware) . I've modified phantom_ansi_150.h as shown below, and kept the rest of the headers and sources untouched.

Not sure what do to from here on out:

Code: [Select]
// Phantom ANSI 150
static const uint8_t PROGMEM keymaps[][MATRIX_ROWS][MATRIX_COLS] = {
    /* 0: qwerty */
    KEYMAP_ANSI_150(\
        ESC,      F1,  F2,  F3,  F4,  F5,  F6,  F7,  F8,  F9,  F10, F11, F12,       PSCR,SLCK,BRK,  \
        GRV, 1,   2,   3,   4,   5,   6,   7,   8,   9,   0,   MINS,EQL, BSPC,      INS, HOME,PGUP, \
        TAB, Q,   W,   E,   R,   T,   Y,   U,   I,   O,   P,   LBRC,RBRC,BSLS,      DEL, END, PGDN, \
        CAPS, A,   S,   D,   F,   G,   H,   J,   K,   L,   SCLN,QUOT,     ENT,                       \
        LSFT,     Z,   X,   C,   V,   B,   N,   M,   COMM,DOT, SLSH,     RSFT,           UP,        \
        LCTL,LGUI,LALT,               SPC,                     RALT,FN0,RCTL,      LEFT,DOWN,RGHT),
    /* 1: media keys */
    KEYMAP_ANSI_150(\
        TRNS,     TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,      TRNS,TRNS,SLEP, \
        TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,      TRNS,TRNS,VOLU, \
        TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,      MSEL,MUTE,VOLD, \
        TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,     TRNS,                      \
        TRNS,     TRNS,TRNS,CALC,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,     TRNS,           MPLY,      \
        TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,               TRNS,                    TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,      MPRV,MSTP,MNXT)
};
static const uint16_t PROGMEM fn_actions[] = {
    [0] = ACTION_LAYER_MOMENTARY(1)
};
[code]
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 July 2013, 05:49:25 by megaforce93 »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #429 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 17:00:58 »
I use bpiphany's firmware and the keyboard sometimes stops working. If I power-cycle (remove and reinsert the cable), it works OK again. Has this happened to anyone else?

Offline Wraul

« Reply #430 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 10:51:17 »
Need a bit of help with my programming my Phantom (using hasu's firmware) . I've modified phantom_ansi_150.h as shown below, and kept the rest of the headers and sources untouched.

Not sure what do to from here on out:

// Phantom ANSI 150
static const uint8_t PROGMEM keymaps[][MATRIX_ROWS][MATRIX_COLS] = {
    /* 0: qwerty */
    KEYMAP_ANSI_150(\
        ESC,      F1,  F2,  F3,  F4,  F5,  F6,  F7,  F8,  F9,  F10, F11, F12,       PSCR,SLCK,BRK,  \
        GRV, 1,   2,   3,   4,   5,   6,   7,   8,   9,   0,   MINS,EQL, BSPC,      INS, HOME,PGUP, \
        TAB, Q,   W,   E,   R,   T,   Y,   U,   I,   O,   P,   LBRC,RBRC,BSLS,      DEL, END, PGDN, \
        CAPS, A,   S,   D,   F,   G,   H,   J,   K,   L,   SCLN,QUOT,     ENT,                       \
        LSFT,     Z,   X,   C,   V,   B,   N,   M,   COMM,DOT, SLSH,     RSFT,           UP,        \
        LCTL,LGUI,LALT,               SPC,                     RALT,FN0,RCTL,      LEFT,DOWN,RGHT),
    /* 1: media keys */
    KEYMAP_ANSI_150(\
        TRNS,     TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,      TRNS,TRNS,SLEP, \
        TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,      TRNS,TRNS,VOLU, \
        TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,      MSEL,MUTE,VOLD, \
        TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,     TRNS,                      \
        TRNS,     TRNS,TRNS,CALC,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,     TRNS,           MPLY,      \
        TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,               TRNS,                    TRNS,TRNS,TRNS,      MPRV,MSTP,MNXT)
};
static const uint16_t PROGMEM fn_actions[] = {
    [0] = ACTION_LAYER_MOMENTARY(1)
};
[code]

Now you should compile the firmware using the following command:
make -f Makefile.lufa ansi_150This requires that you have a AVR toolchain installed.

For more information about building tmk firmware look here https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/doc/build.md#build-firmware-and-program-controller

Offline megaforce

« Reply #431 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 16:23:37 »
Thank you Wraul!
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Denonic

« Reply #432 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 11:10:22 »
Hi all!

Just fiddling with the firmware and have hit a little snag.  I'm using the TMK source and I'm trying to program locking switches for caps lock and scroll lock.  I've managed to get caps lock to work but I've not seen any way to get Scroll working as a lock switch.

I've also managed to get NKRO to work over USB but since I'm running low on USB slots, was there any way to get the phantom working over the Ps/2 port?

Thanks!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #433 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 22:30:43 »
CapsLock is only supported Lock key, ScrollLock and NumLock are not supported atm.
Filed this issue.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/issues/46

Offline agor

« Reply #434 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 17:11:01 »
Firmware was built using: make -f Makefile.pjrc iso

Just debugged the keyboard matrix, it seems the whole column0 is not working, which for iso seems: Esc, 1, Tab, Caps, LShift, LCtrl

Check your connection on pin D5

I returned!

Tested the connection from Pin D5 to there Square Pad of the Diode, every connection in Column 0 works. Diodes are also correct (black band to square) and measured fine from the back side of the pcb (soldered diodes on front).
Keys dont register :(

Two fairly highres pics of front & back attached, maybe someone can catch something. But don't laugh at these solder joints, they were my first :D

I also tried using another firmware (this: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=26742.msg640096#msg640096), same problem
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #435 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 19:15:11 »
edit: nevermind

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #436 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 20:08:34 »
How did you know it "measured fine"? Did you use continuity test or resistance test? There must be continuity between the teensy legs and all switches/diodes. If you've already done this, then something is wrong during the firmware flashing, or the firmware itself.

Btw, you won't be able to mount switches for #4 and #5 properly, because solder joints from the teensy on that side are not flush. Also, when you're clipping the excess leads from the diodes, try not clipping the solder joint. It looks like you snipped almost all the diode solder joints. This potentially causes cold joints, so if you're not lazy, reflow all those joints.

Offline agor

« Reply #437 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 03:48:21 »
Multimeter: Digimess HM100 (http://www.digimessinstruments.co.uk/manuals/english/mhm100eng.pdf)

Im using the Continuity Test of to measure following points (pcb backside):

Rows:
- B5 - Top Left Switch Leg ESC: Success (Beep)
- B4 - Top Left of 1: Success
- B3 - Top Left of Tab: Success
- B2 - Top Left of Caps: Success (Both Positions)
- B1 - Top Left of Shift: Success (all 3? Positions)
- B0 - Top Left of Ctrl: Success (Both Positions)

Cols:
- D5 - Square Diode Pad of Esc Diode (D5:0) - Success
- D5 - Square Pad of 1 (D4:0) - Success
- D5 - Square Pad of Tab (D3:0) - Success
- D5 - Square Pad of Caps (D2:0) - Success
- D5 - Square Pad of Shift (D1:0) - Success
- D5 - Square Pad of Ctrl (D0:0) - Success

Diodes (using Diode Test):
- D5:0 - Success (0.56V forward voltage drop)
- D4:0 - Success (0.57V)
- D3:0 - Success (0.563V)
- D2:0 - Success (0.562V)
- D1:0 - Success (0.565V)
- D0:0 - Success (0.563V)

Continuity:
- Round Diode Pad - Bottom Right Leg of Switch ESC: Success
- 1: Success
- Tab: Success
- Caps: Success (Both Positions)
- Shift: Success (on 3 Positions)
- Ctrl: Success (Both Positions)

I really don't unterstand it. Other Diodes all show similar measures. Did I do something bad on the Teensy itself?
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 July 2013, 03:59:19 by agor »

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #438 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 11:05:01 »
I would just resolder both connections at D5 in case you haven't already. That is what I said in my earlier post (3 posts above) before I read that you had checked the connection, but really, why not just reflow those joints and see if it is fixed?

Offline agor

« Reply #439 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 11:36:58 »
Just did, still same. Continuity D5 -> Square Pads works, Actual Keys do not. I don't unterstand this :(
If any more pictures would be helpful, just say of which region I should take them. Have Macro Equiptment

Offline agor

« Reply #440 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 08:53:51 »
Macro of my soldered Teensy attached.

Continuity Test of D3 -> second pin from lower right works. D5 -> rightmost doesn't.
Did I somehow fry the Teensy pin?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #441 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 14:34:14 »
Continuity doesn't tell you if something is fried or not. It just tells you if there is a broken trace or no connection, which seems to be the case here. You can try to isolate where the broken trace is, and bridge a wire at that area of possible.

Offline agor

« Reply #442 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 02:34:33 »
How would I unsolder the D5 pin?
I don't own a pump.

Offline gnubag

« Reply #443 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 03:28:22 »
How would I unsolder the D5 pin?
I don't own a pump.

you could get desolder wick for cheap and it should do the job.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #444 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 15:49:09 »
So how would I go about changing a firmware for hardware Colemak?
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline gnubag

« Reply #445 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 15:57:13 »

/* Layer 1: COLEMAK
     * ,---.   ,---------------. ,---------------. ,---------------. ,-----------.
     * |Esc|   |F1 |F2 |F3 |F4 | |F5 |F6 |F7 |F8 | |F9 |F10|F11|F12| |PrS|ScL|Pau|
     * `---'   `---------------' `---------------' `---------------' `-----------'
     * ,-----------------------------------------------------------. ,-----------.
     * |~  |  1|  2|  3|  4|  5|  6|  7|  8|  9|  0|  -|  =|Backsp | |Ins|Hom|PgU|
     * |-----------------------------------------------------------| |-----------|
     * |Tab  |  Q|  W|  F|  P|  G|  J|  L|  U|  Y|  ;|  [|  ]|    \| |Del|End|PgD|
     * |-----------------------------------------------------------| |---|---|---|
     * |Backsp|  A|  R|  S|  T|  D|  H|  N|  E|  I|  O|  '|Return  | |???|???|???|
     * |Shift   |  Z|  X|  C|  V|  B|  K|  M|  ,|  .|  /|Shift     | |???|Up |???|
     * |Ctl|Gui|Alt|          Space                |Alt|Gui|FN0|Ctl| |Lef|Dow|Rig|
     * `-----------------------------------------------------------' `-----------'
     */

KEYMAP(\
        ESC, F1,  F2,  F3,  F4,  F5,  F6,  F7,  F8,  F9,  F10, F11, F12,            PSCR,SLCK,BRK, \
        TAB, Q,   W,   F,   P,   G,   J,   L,   U,   Y,   SCLN,   LBRC,RBRC,BSLS,      DEL, END, PGDN, \
        BSPC, A,   R,   S,   T,   D,   H,   N,   E,   I,   O,QUOT,     ENT,       0,   0,   0, \
        LSFT,Z,   X,   C,   V,   B,   K,   M,   COMM,DOT, SLSH,          RSFT,      0,   UP,  0, \
        CAPS,LGUI,LALT,          SPC,                     RALT,RGUI,FN0, RCTL,      LEFT,DOWN,RGHT),

that is my colemak layer.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #446 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 23:54:55 »

/* Layer 1: COLEMAK
     * ,---.   ,---------------. ,---------------. ,---------------. ,-----------.
     * |Esc|   |F1 |F2 |F3 |F4 | |F5 |F6 |F7 |F8 | |F9 |F10|F11|F12| |PrS|ScL|Pau|
     * `---'   `---------------' `---------------' `---------------' `-----------'
     * ,-----------------------------------------------------------. ,-----------.
     * |~  |  1|  2|  3|  4|  5|  6|  7|  8|  9|  0|  -|  =|Backsp | |Ins|Hom|PgU|
     * |Tab  |  Q|  W|  F|  P|  G|  J|  L|  U|  Y|  ;|  [|  ]|    \| |Del|End|PgD|
     * |Backsp|  A|  R|  S|  T|  D|  H|  N|  E|  I|  O|  '|Return  | |???|???|???|
     * |Shift   |  Z|  X|  C|  V|  B|  K|  M|  ,|  .|  /|Shift     | |???|Up |???|
     * |Ctl|Gui|Alt|          Space                |Alt|Gui|FN0|Ctl| |Lef|Dow|Rig|
     * `-----------------------------------------------------------' `-----------'
     */

KEYMAP(\
        ESC, F1,  F2,  F3,  F4,  F5,  F6,  F7,  F8,  F9,  F10, F11, F12,            PSCR,SLCK,BRK, \
        TAB, Q,   W,   F,   P,   G,   J,   L,   U,   Y,   SCLN,   LBRC,RBRC,BSLS,      DEL, END, PGDN, \
        BSPC, A,   R,   S,   T,   D,   H,   N,   E,   I,   O,QUOT,     ENT,       0,   0,   0, \
        LSFT,Z,   X,   C,   V,   B,   K,   M,   COMM,DOT, SLSH,          RSFT,      0,   UP,  0, \
        CAPS,LGUI,LALT,          SPC,                     RALT,RGUI,FN0, RCTL,      LEFT,DOWN,RGHT),

that is my colemak layer.

So how to I turn this into a hex firmware file to flash to the teensy?
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline gnubag

« Reply #447 on: Sat, 20 July 2013, 00:05:25 »
do you just need the colmak layer?
i can upload a hex file for you.

otherwise there should be instructions in here somewhere, so you can make your own hex file.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #448 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 21:07:14 »
Just fiddling with the firmware and have hit a little snag.  I'm using the TMK source and I'm trying to program locking switches for caps lock and scroll lock.  I've managed to get caps lock to work but I've not seen any way to get Scroll working as a lock switch.

Fix this issue. Mechanical locking switch support for NumLock and ScrollLock are implemented now.

See this.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard#mechanical-locking-support

Offline Denonic

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 08:03:23 »

Fix this issue. Mechanical locking switch support for NumLock and ScrollLock are implemented now.

See this.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard#mechanical-locking-support

Awesome!  Updated and working great.  Thank you =)