Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4179856 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #28700 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 21:22:07 »
I've noticed right now there is a fruit based popsicle shortage in my state. Sure you can still find those sugar water popsicles, but 100% fruit+fruit juice ones are always sold out in every grocery store I've gone to in the last month. Another odd thing is the only brand for the most part is Outshine, there's no competition so there's no other options :(

I've been reduced to eating sorbet like some freak!

Offline yui

« Reply #28701 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 01:18:31 »
Headphones are one of the most 'you get what you pay for' technologies out there.
audio is one of the least you pay for what you get area that exists, 90% of the time you pay for brand and hype much more than actual quality. my 5 euros VE monks are extremely close in sound quality to my 120 euros AKG K141MK2 (well 120 when i bought them, 8 years ago) that sounded much better than the 300 euros beats i tried
I've noticed right now there is a fruit based popsicle shortage in my state. Sure you can still find those sugar water popsicles, but 100% fruit+fruit juice ones are always sold out in every grocery store I've gone to in the last month. Another odd thing is the only brand for the most part is Outshine, there's no competition so there's no other options :(

I've been reduced to eating sorbet like some freak!
if you want to feel less hot go eat something warmer than ambient, not colder.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline jamster

« Reply #28702 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 01:56:49 »
Audio is weird. Some of it is real quality for money, some of it is quality for surprisingly little money, and much of it is complete garbage for any amount of money.

I think that to get 'really good' sound there's a certain price bar that has to be met, but 'really good' to me includes both frequency response and transient response. This bar is far from stratospheric- the Sennheiser 58Xs meet this for me. Got them for $150 iirc.

To get 'sounds pretty good' than all you need is frequency response. You can lose detail and still enjoy the sound- my $50 earbuds sound 'pretty good' to me. Better than $250 fashion headphones which I see around on the streets.

I've not tried the VE Monks, I've read the glowing reviews.

My current street headphones are $60 Ankers with ANC. With 10 seconds of EQ, they sound better than the Bose NC 700s do at default. I have settled for 'pretty good because ANC' here.

I've also got/had some headphone gear which people here would regard as the stupid end of things. A pair of headphones that are ten times the 58Xs, a pair of planars that do bass unlike dynamics, high end and hard to find amps. It was interesting to hear what all the fuss can be about. I could appreciate what the expensive stuff makes possible, even if it ultimately wasn't for me. It let me experience a pretty good spectrum of what's available at what sort of cost, and I've chosen something at the much more modest end of the spectrum because that's what I am happy with.

Same with speakers. I have listened to friends' crazy obsessive setups with high end, hard to source components, wires running on stilts, weird sound traps. These systems can be amazing to listen to- amazing audio and amazing snake oil mixed together. But I'm happier with vastly cheaper stuff that sounds reasonably good, that I have made with my own hands. Though apparently it's still unreasonably(!) expensive by the standards of this forum, but cheaper than custom keyboards that to the uninitiated appear largely identical to cheaper other keyboards.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 July 2021, 02:10:49 by jamster »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #28703 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 19:33:34 »
I'm happier with vastly cheaper stuff that sounds reasonably good

Top ramen is better than a lobster dinner,  facts of life.

Just like lobster, the majority of the Hifi market represents sea-cockroaches, NO THANKS.

Offline yui

« Reply #28704 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 02:38:24 »
I'm happier with vastly cheaper stuff that sounds reasonably good

Just like lobster, the majority of the Hifi market represents sea-cockroaches, NO THANKS.

top ramen alone, meh, spiced up top ramen with a boiled egg and some fresh greens yeah

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #28705 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 04:04:47 »

No. Just no, tp.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28706 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 11:18:43 »
New phone supposed to arrive in April August now possibly shipping in October/November, current phone cannot last that long.

Also my boss is trying to convince me not to leave.  Big paycut to do ???? for unknown manager with unknown colleagues with promised performance based payrise vs staying where I am which is a nice place to work, though no specific role, hours or pay was offered.  A little ego stroking goes a long way when your interpersonal skills are as poor as mine.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28707 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 13:07:47 »

A little ego stroking goes a long way

There is the old saying that you have to give a blue collar worker a raise or a bonus to get better performance, but a white collar worker will respond to a trophy or a certificate.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28708 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 13:43:37 »

A little ego stroking goes a long way

There is the old saying that you have to give a blue collar worker a raise or a bonus to get better performance, but a white collar worker will respond to a trophy or a certificate.

hard disagree. office workers are fully aware when they are getting ****ed over or placated, probably less vocal about it though.

Offline jamster

« Reply #28709 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 20:56:22 »
I use open back headphones for home use since I don't have the area to use my speakers at the moment, don't think the in-laws would appreciate me listening loudly to music they tend to not favor.  So I stick with my Sennheiser PC360's (plan on getting a set of 58x's soon)

Just saw on some deal site that these are going for 130 at the moment.

These are great headphones- really rugged, easily replaceable cable. I have been using them as beater phones that get randomly dropped on the floor sometimes. And if anything does break on them, Sennheiser carries replacement parts so you can do your own repairs.

The only downside is high clamping force if you've got a big head, easily solved by bending back the metal arms slightly with the earcups fully extended (not bending the plastic headband!)

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28710 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 09:05:46 »
I use open back headphones for home use since I don't have the area to use my speakers at the moment, don't think the in-laws would appreciate me listening loudly to music they tend to not favor.  So I stick with my Sennheiser PC360's (plan on getting a set of 58x's soon)

Just saw on some deal site that these are going for 130 at the moment.

These are great headphones- really rugged, easily replaceable cable. I have been using them as beater phones that get randomly dropped on the floor sometimes. And if anything does break on them, Sennheiser carries replacement parts so you can do your own repairs.

The only downside is high clamping force if you've got a big head, easily solved by bending back the metal arms slightly with the earcups fully extended (not bending the plastic headband!)

Man I want some HD600 so bad but I don't have what it takes to spend 400USD on the headphones and an amp
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28711 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 16:58:55 »
I am finally ready to start selling off my 28 year old MTG collection, but figuring out a way to sort and price them all is one hump I cannot seem to hurdle. Everyone says sort them yourself, so I tried a small pile using camera sorting apps. They were all absolute garbage, and there's a 0% chance I'm gonna get through 3 tuppaware containers this way. So sorting them myself is out of the question. None of my local TCG shops have a sorting machine, and most say they only sort to make an offer to buy at 50% cash value. Not happening. Then the other option is shipping across the country to have them sorted at CardKingdom or Conduit, which would cost an obscene amount in shipping and I could potentially lose everything in the mail. Not happening.

So now here I am with potentially a lot of money to make, but no way to actually prep the product to price and move. WTF was I even saving them for 28 years?
Really ****ing annoying I can't just bring them to a local shop with a sorting machine and be done with this **** in an afternoon. Maybe I'll just burn them all. I bet a pair of Mox Emeralds would make a nice flame.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28712 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 17:10:42 »
I am finally ready to start selling off my 28 year old MTG collection, but figuring out a way to sort and price them all is one hump I cannot seem to hurdle. Everyone says sort them yourself, so I tried a small pile using camera sorting apps. They were all absolute garbage, and there's a 0% chance I'm gonna get through 3 tuppaware containers this way. So sorting them myself is out of the question. None of my local TCG shops have a sorting machine, and most say they only sort to make an offer to buy at 50% cash value. Not happening. Then the other option is shipping across the country to have them sorted at CardKingdom or Conduit, which would cost an obscene amount in shipping and I could potentially lose everything in the mail. Not happening.

So now here I am with potentially a lot of money to make, but no way to actually prep the product to price and move. WTF was I even saving them for 28 years?
Really ****ing annoying I can't just bring them to a local shop with a sorting machine and be done with this **** in an afternoon. Maybe I'll just burn them all. I bet a pair of Mox Emeralds would make a nice flame.

Honestly, do not steal yourself the opportunity. There are tons of highly valuated MtG cards.

I had a foil Tolarian Academy (plus two non-foil) and two foil Black Lotus from my pre-teens, which I sold for an amount of money I can only describe as obscene for paper cards. The money was enough to finance college for a couple months while I was after a job.
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28713 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 18:14:43 »
I am finally ready to start selling off my 28 year old MTG collection ... So now here I am with potentially a lot of money to make, but no way to actually prep the product to price and move.
Can't you just find a couple of really expensive cards and post them properly insured to somewhere that will pay well?  I don't know how young you sorted stuff so that might not be as easy as it sounds but surely better than trusting the postman with all your cards then if they do arrive trusting somewhere to to tell you what they found and pay honestly.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28714 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 14:40:47 »
I really dislike this current trend of turning purchases and services that ought to be free when you buy the product into subscription services you pay monthly. This is a BAD ****in trend for the future.

Offline jamster

« Reply #28715 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 21:49:46 »

As someone who knows nothing about collectable cards, what does a sorting machine do?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28716 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 22:24:23 »

As someone who knows nothing about collectable cards, what does a sorting machine do?

They are actually pretty cool machines!

Offline jamster

« Reply #28717 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 23:56:30 »

They are actually pretty cool machines!

That's a lot more sophisticated than I'd been expecting, so they scan each card and build a catalogue, and they also shuffle them into piles (presumably according to some flexible scheme).

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #28718 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 03:13:41 »
I'm so tired of always being in some kind of pain or other.
My life has been **** for so long now, both health-wise and career-wise, that I have a hard time even imagining myself living a normal, decent life.

Edit: Bad phrasing before. I'm not terminally ill (that I know of ...)
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 July 2021, 03:53:51 by Findecanor »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28719 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 03:30:38 »
I'm so tired of always being in pain and not having any hope left.
Sounds completely logical, I wanted to write something positive but there's few things worse than pain.  Can you remove the source in an 'accident' or would that be worse?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #28720 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 03:35:00 »
I'm so tired of always being in pain and not having any hope left.
Sounds completely logical,
I'm sorry, that was phrased badly. I'm not going to die or anything. I'm just in a bad place.

I've had stomach pain for almost ten years after given too much pain killers after surgery. It got better after a couple years but not completely gone. Then it flared up right before the pandemic, but I haven't got much help yet because the medical system allocated all resources to fighting the pandemic.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 July 2021, 04:00:55 by Findecanor »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28721 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 04:13:09 »
I'm sorry, that was phrased badly. I'm not going to die or anything. I'm just in a bad place.
I got that, what I meant was if the pain was in your arm it could be removed (extreme yet effective!) but that doesn't work with your stomach.  It was better before so no reason to think they can't get you back to that state, try and focus on that.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28722 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 04:43:57 »
what I meant was if the pain was in your arm it could be removed (extreme yet effective!) but that doesn't work with your stomach.  It was better before so no reason to think they can't get you back to that state, try and focus on that.

Wait wait wait, you can't just amputate arm(joint) pain away, it can even cause psychosomatic pain indefinitely. (they have a therapy for it now), but it doesn't always work.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28723 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 09:04:13 »
Aches and pains increase with age, I know all too well from experience. For me, I was generally in very good shape up until 65, but it began a downhill slide since then.

However, I avoid almost any medication (except for temporary acute situations) because of what I have seen of so many people who start swallowing ever-increasing numbers of pills, every day, starting at about age 50. My impression is that they have positive physical effects but I have great trepidation about what they are doing to the mind.

Because of that, I have decided that I am willing to endure moderate chronic physical pain if it helps to keep my mind sharp.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28724 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 09:27:56 »
very good shape up until 65, but it began a downhill slide since then.

helps to keep my mind sharp.

Whole food plant based,  feel 20 years younger in less than 4 weeks.

272709-0

Offline iri

« Reply #28725 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 16:50:23 »
If I only have to endure moderate chronic physical pain until 65 then I'll be ****ing happy
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28726 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 04:34:31 »
Exit interview today.  "Why are you leaving?" is an inevitable question, the reason was something that was supposed to happen but hasn't and wont anytime soon.  I knew it wouldn't as it was too ambitious.  Another reason would be my supervisor, who just happens to be very friendly with the boss who's likely doing the interview.  I avoid him so it's not really a problem though the boss should probably know he's a ****.  He surely already knows...  Finally there's the work, but the bad part about that is the size and the new job is going to be similarly small and at the end of the day work is work, it's not meant to be fun.

So the reason I'm leaving is because I'm a man of my word, unlike my boss on one occasion (having been great for nearly 3 years) - but I can't say that without burning the bridge and as-is if I don't like the new job I can go straight back, so that wouldn't be a good idea.

So WTF do I say?!

I'm also bothered that my new employer offered me to start 'tomorrow' with no references which doesn't suggest they meet my high standards either.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28727 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 05:35:33 »
Exit interview today.  "Why are you leaving?" is an inevitable question, the reason was something that was supposed to happen but hasn't and wont anytime soon.  I knew it wouldn't as it was too ambitious.  Another reason would be my supervisor, who just happens to be very friendly with the boss who's likely doing the interview.  I avoid him so it's not really a problem though the boss should probably know he's a ****.  He surely already knows...  Finally there's the work, but the bad part about that is the size and the new job is going to be similarly small and at the end of the day work is work, it's not meant to be fun.

So the reason I'm leaving is because I'm a man of my word, unlike my boss on one occasion (having been great for nearly 3 years) - but I can't say that without burning the bridge and as-is if I don't like the new job I can go straight back, so that wouldn't be a good idea.

So WTF do I say?!

I'm also bothered that my new employer offered me to start 'tomorrow' with no references which doesn't suggest they meet my high standards either.

Hrrm maybe along the lines of trying something new, play with new gizmos, a little personal soul searching? That you value the friendship and time you've spent at this job. <even if it's not true>

people usually can't handle the truth,   OR ,  tell them the truth.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28728 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 09:12:19 »

So WTF do I say?!

Tell the truth, but in a positive light. For instance, "I feel that the opportunities for advancement are better because the scope and timing for advancement are more clearly defined." (even if, perhaps, they aren't)

Sow the seeds for improvements if you do come back, gently mention the things that you don't like but don't rail about them. Make it so that if they do attempt to lure you back that they will know how to offer remedies for your most serious complaints.

Mention all the indirect and non-work factors - more comfortable hours, easier commute, opportunities to work from home - even if you have to stretch and bend the truth a bit, but don't lie outright.

And say that you don't have any grudges or hard feelings about the current position and that you are leaving because you have to do it for your own opportunity for betterment.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28729 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 09:29:57 »

So WTF do I say?!

Tell the truth, but in a positive light. For instance, "I feel that the opportunities for advancement are better because the scope and timing for advancement are more clearly defined." (even if, perhaps, they aren't)

Sow the seeds for improvements if you do come back, gently mention the things that you don't like but don't rail about them. Make it so that if they do attempt to lure you back that they will know how to offer remedies for your most serious complaints.

Mention all the indirect and non-work factors - more comfortable hours, easier commute, opportunities to work from home - even if you have to stretch and bend the truth a bit, but don't lie outright.

And say that you don't have any grudges or hard feelings about the current position and that you are leaving because you have to do it for your own opportunity for betterment.

This. When talking professionally to people, always have in mind that human capital (networking, good relationships, trust) is the biggest you will ever have. Being a good professional in the technical sense (how deep your knowledge in the field is) is only half of the picture; companies highly value soft skills because, at the end of the day, working with an a-hole is a pain in the buttocks no matter if he's Stephen Hawking.

So be polite and honest; bending the truth a little to fit your reasons is fine, but remember that many company managers/CEOs/executives are friends with each other, so they might know the reasons you are leaving even before the leave interview and just want to measure you up.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 July 2021, 09:33:27 by Gondolindrim »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28730 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 13:22:31 »

So WTF do I say?!

This is your chance to be brutally honest with zero fear of repercussion. I always relish those moments in life. Living without consequences are moments that don't come along every day.

Offline yui

« Reply #28731 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 14:39:24 »

So WTF do I say?!

This is your chance to be brutally honest with zero fear of repercussion. I always relish those moments in life. Living without consequences are moments that don't come along every day.
to be honest i agree with noisyturtle here, given how you described your job there is little chance that the new one would be worse, and by being honest you take the chance of making the life of your replacement a bit better, at the risk of your old boss hating you for the rest of his days.
edit: should have said, i have zero experience, just going by gut feel.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28732 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 03:50:28 »
Wow, lots of thoughts - thanks!  Shame I didn't post a day or two earlier...

While my job sounds terrible it really isn't, except for the crazy shifts that are supposed to happen.  If I were a sensitive social person my supervisor would be a problem but I'm neither so I speak to him maybe twice a day one week and twice the other week (yes, supervisor works days so late shift only has a 2 hour overlap)  I realised yesterday that after a couple of months the small stuff is not so annoying once you get used to it which bodes well for my new job. 

In the end I went for honesty and, thankfully, it was HR who did the interview so threw supervisor under the bus saying he was no more suited to supervision than I was (they were trying to make me a supervisor) and let my reason for leaving be the shifts which is why I left, so no lies there.  Overall not as weird as I thought it would be, plenty of feedback given and no bridges burnt.

This is your chance to be brutally honest with zero fear of repercussion.
remember that many company managers/CEOs/executives are friends with each other
Sadly noisy I think Gondo has a point here - networking is real, even if I ignore it.  Had I won the lottery you'd be right and it would have been fun to say everything I wanted to but sadly I didn't, so I couldn't.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Kavik

« Reply #28733 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 15:51:00 »
My allergies flare up every time I mow. I mowed at my mom's place last night, and my body's reaction was worse than I can ever remember it. My nose was completely blocked last night and this morning, and my eyes were itchy and warm. I hit something with the weed eater that sent particles all over my body and instantly started itching. Even after a shower, I had the sensation one gets after a haircut with hair stuck in and on the shirt. The only allergy med that works for me is the Walgreens off-brand of Claritin (the name brand stuff doesn't work for some reason). I'm just now starting to feel somewhat normal. I've tried wearing a mask when mowing, but it is only somewhat effective, and it usually gets soaked in sweat and almost impossible to breathe through.

I never used to have allergies, at least not really bad ones. I used to fast once in a while, which supposedly has some scientific evidence to support it reduces allergic reactions. I wonder if that helped me when I was younger.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #28734 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 16:57:16 »
My allergies flare up every time I mow. I mowed at my mom's place last night, and my body's reaction was worse than I can ever remember it. My nose was completely blocked last night and this morning, and my eyes were itchy and warm. I hit something with the weed eater that sent particles all over my body and instantly started itching. Even after a shower, I had the sensation one gets after a haircut with hair stuck in and on the shirt. The only allergy med that works for me is the Walgreens off-brand of Claritin (the name brand stuff doesn't work for some reason). I'm just now starting to feel somewhat normal. I've tried wearing a mask when mowing, but it is only somewhat effective, and it usually gets soaked in sweat and almost impossible to breathe through.

I never used to have allergies, at least not really bad ones. I used to fast once in a while, which supposedly has some scientific evidence to support it reduces allergic reactions. I wonder if that helped me when I was younger.

I can vouch that the name brand Claritin and Zyrtek are trash, the store brand is the one that works the best.  Normally when the Pine pollen is trying to massacre us here in GA is when I have to take my daily doses of 24hr Zyrtek is when I have to take it (causes major sinus issues and infections for me).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28735 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 17:06:33 »
Sadly noisy I think Gondo has a point here - networking is real, even if I ignore it.  Had I won the lottery you'd be right and it would have been fun to say everything I wanted to but sadly I didn't, so I couldn't.

I think you did the wise thing man. Honesty is always a plus and burning bridges does you no good; unfortunately in the real world we have to be stoic and practical. Hope you find yourself better in the new job.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 July 2021, 19:24:22 by Gondolindrim »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28736 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 18:46:01 »

I can vouch that the name brand Claritin and Zyrtek are trash, the store brand is the one that works the best.  Normally when the Pine pollen is trying to massacre us here in GA is when I have to take my daily doses of 24hr Zyrtek is when I have to take it (causes major sinus issues and infections for me).

Whole food plant based alleviates various allergies.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #28737 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 10:48:27 »

I can't remember if I've tried Zyrtec or its off-brands. It's interesting you've had the same experience with name brand allergy meds though.

Whole food plant based alleviates various allergies.

Lies! Plants are what caused the reaction. I think they're trying to kill me in fact.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28738 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 13:20:06 »
Lies! Plants are what caused the reaction. I think they're trying to kill me in fact.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28739 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 13:44:30 »

For example removing all dairy/ eggs almost uniformly improve symptoms for asthma sufferers. Eggs are notoriously sneaky because they're ingredients of alot of prepackaged products.

Offline yui

« Reply #28740 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 18:17:18 »

For example removing all dairy/ eggs almost uniformly improve symptoms for asthma sufferers. Eggs are notoriously sneaky because they're ingredients of alot of prepackaged products.

removing the oxygen from the air cancer patient breaths kills 100% of the cancerous cells and have 0% chances of relapse...
all of what i just said is true, but is it the right solution?
eggs have nothing to do with a genetic deficiency, ffs TP stop you are just looking like the antivaxers when you say things like that, when you talk about climate change due to farming and cancer, why not, but genetic diseases, you will plain sound like an idiot (and no eggs do not have microchips that modify our lungs DNA, just in case)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28741 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 18:44:53 »

removing the oxygen from the air cancer patient breaths kills 100% of the cancerous cells and have 0% chances of relapse...
eggs have nothing to do with a genetic deficiency, ffs TP stop you are just looking like the antivaxers when you say things like that, when you talk about climate change due to farming and cancer, why not, but genetic diseases, you will plain sound like an idiot (and no eggs do not have microchips that modify our lungs DNA, just in case)

ffs Yui, do you google anything ?  Removing oxygen from healthy cells is a primary way to turn it cancerous. They literally gave out a nobel prize for this. 

As for eggs. Yes it's a major contributor to many cancers and Auto immune disorders such as arthritis and asthma.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #28742 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 20:25:31 »

ffs Yui, do you google anything ?  Removing oxygen from healthy cells is a primary way to turn it cancerous. They literally gave out a nobel prize for this. 

As for eggs. Yes it's a major contributor to many cancers and Auto immune disorders such as arthritis and asthma.

I can Google **** to both confirm and deny what you're saying lol.

Being alive is a major contributor to cancer. Please stop spouting **** in every thread when people don't ask for it. It's obnoxious.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #28743 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 22:17:49 »

But it can't generate if the body is dead, which is what would happen if you removed the oxygen and would also explain the zero relapse lol.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline jamster

« Reply #28744 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 22:23:10 »

But it can't generate if the body is dead, which is what would happen if you removed the oxygen and would also explain the zero relapse lol.

That was my first reaction- removing oxygen from cells would be... problematic... for those of us who are alive.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28745 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 22:51:09 »

That was my first reaction- removing oxygen from cells would be... problematic... for those of us who are alive.

You do not need to remove the totality of oxygen. 

For example just sitting alot, your leg may go numb,  NOT all of the cells in your body are in hypoxia, but SOME are.

Which is why chronic hypoxia may increase the probability of certain cancers.

Offline yui

« Reply #28746 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 09:36:04 »

so google serves you what you want to hear, it makes them more money, they could not care less about the truth, a few years back i have ready a lot of books and publications on biology, genetics, virology etc. those are not tailored to you like google and bing.
and what i said in easier to understand term is that if you kill a cancer patient you will also kill the cancer and he will not relapse, everyone understood but you...
as far as egg being contributor to anything is a huge case of correlation vs causation, eggs is a major part of pretty much all modern food, so every one eats some pretty much like 4G, yeah pretty much everyone with cancer, or any other diseases ate eggs or got exposed to (insert number)G, one thing that is proven is that oxygen damaging the DNA is a possible cause for cancers, and guess who breaths oxygen all day?
if you select data carefully you can prove anything you want, hey someone managed to make 30% of the population believe that vaccines cause autism...
(oh and btw i have asthma, and it is not something you catch, it is genetic, you are born with it and can't get rid of it... spreading lies even by misunderstanding can lead to injuries or even death, asthma is not an auto immune response neither is arthritis itself, and telling peoples that asthma can be cured by just not eating eggs may kill peoples. the whole auto immune disease malarkey is also something you seem to use as a keyword without understanding, or any research...)

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28747 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 23:22:29 »
TP stop making silly juice, everyone is drinking it.

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #28748 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 01:46:57 »
ffs guys it's simple

100% of people that drink water die

100% of people that die don't develop cancer

Hence if you drink water you don't get cancer

Hence water is the cure for cancer.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 July 2021, 01:48:33 by Gondolindrim »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #28749 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 05:34:24 »
There are people dying today that never died before.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black