Author Topic: GH60 Group Buy (Salvage Mode: Enabled - Update in OP)  (Read 1615422 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: GH60 Group Buy (WAITING FOR ???)
« Reply #5350 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 12:41:15 »
ok i have spoken to matteo who was copied in to the conversation  between samwisekoi and tj, what i believe is currently the case is samwisekoi has provided his courier account to tj, and it is being sorted at his earliest convenience, once i here or find out anymore, ill update further
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5351 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 12:44:27 »
ok i have spoken to matteo who was copied in to the conversation  between samwisekoi and tj, what i believe is currently the case is samwisekoi has provided his courier account to tj, and it is being sorted at his earliest convenience, once i here or find out anymore, ill update further

TJ's or samwisekoi's?

Offline Glissant

« Reply #5352 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 14:32:51 »
I have a question that will probably bring out the white knight squad; has the money for shipping the US stuff been handed over or is that still in limbo too?

i have the money, it has not been transferred, not because im holding it hostage, i simply havent been asked to transfer it, or told where to do so, or had a quote of how much it is

to be clear, this isnt down to TJ, form what i understand, he will make himself available for the handoff once it is arranged

because im in the UK, its very hard for me to personally arrange, its also not really mine to do, but i am on hand for any assistance i am asked for, last i heard it was in hand and being taken care of, but ill chase it up again now, and post any info i am given

Oh I was never implying that any money was being held hostage. I was just wondering if you had gotten all the money or not.
Awesome to know that it's all been moving along.

Thanks for the update about samwise etc too by the way.

Offline kekstee

« Reply #5353 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 09:08:18 »
Has there been any post here that actually confirmed shipped orders from batches which I overlooked? I requested the PCB over a month ago and never got it or a real answer. (Well, his new family member might be some work as well, I can respect that)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5354 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 11:32:32 »
Has there been any post here that actually confirmed shipped orders from batches which I overlooked? I requested the PCB over a month ago and never got it or a real answer. (Well, his new family member might be some work as well, I can respect that)

if you replied to the pm from me outside of the time i said i was shipping that batch, i will have added you to batch 7

i had a specific window i could ship within, i couldnt just sit around waiting for people to reply doing them one by one

Offline kekstee

« Reply #5355 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 19:22:40 »
August 10th - batch pm

August 17th - late reply

everyone who replied late or hasnt replied in batch 1 - 5, i will be messaging you again some time this week
(never got that)

batches 1 - 5 i have shipped everyones order who requested to have it shipped early

I mean, it's really diffucult to deduct from this that the PCB hasn't shipped and has not gone missing during delivery, which is what I've been trying to find out all the time.
At least you could have mentioned that this was the one and only definite list:

Sorry for spamming here, it's just been two years coming down to a reply two hours after cutoff. :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 October 2015, 03:27:47 by kekstee »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5356 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 09:59:35 »
Sorry for spamming here, it's just been two years coming down to a reply two hours after cutoff. :)

But you did have about 7 days to make the reply, right? And you waited until the last minute, and got the reply in after the cutoff? And you want to ***** at the one guy who is actually getting these things shipped, after so many delays and having them sit in a warehouse for months on end? :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5357 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 11:17:18 »

But you did have about 7 days to make the reply, right? And you waited until the last minute, and got the reply in after the cutoff? And you want to ***** at the one guy who is actually getting these things shipped, after so many delays and having them sit in a warehouse for months on end? :)

+1

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5358 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 11:30:28 »
yeah im pretty floored at his post to be fair

this isnt my buy, im doing my best to help out, i have things of my own to run, and a baby due any minute, i have half the stuff and limited funds to ship, i cant simply sit around and wait for people to reply whenever they like and work from there

what i did was break up the orders in to batches, these were posted clearly before i contacted anyone

i broke them up in to batches so i could manage the workflow, with the very limited free time i have available

i posted clearly in the thread when iw as going to message each batch

i then messaged the batches, waited an allotted amount of time, which was often either posted in the message or the pm, regardless of which i always posted it, i then shipped all the orders who replied in that time

id then start over with th next batch, doing the same thing, if i had caught the pm from someone who was late, i sent that order with the next batch and posted about

i can get, without exaggeration, sometimes hundreds of pms a day, if its been 2 weeks say since you pm, going back to find it would be nearly impossible, particularly if i dont know to look for it

whatever my reasons, i dont need to justify myself, if i wasnt doing this, the pcbs would be sat in warehouse in china, so whatever my workflow is, its certainly faster that what was happening before, i dont want all this stuff sat in house, id love to get it cleared, particularly with my kid on the way, when taking this on i was under the impression the bulk of this would be handled by now, but i cant really do much more, without getting the plates and stabs from the US

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5359 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 11:42:48 »
yeah im pretty floored at his post to be fair

this isnt my buy, im doing my best to help out, i have things of my own to run, and a baby due any minute, i have half the stuff and limited funds to ship, i cant simply sit around and wait for people to reply whenever they like and work from there

what i did was break up the orders in to batches, these were posted clearly before i contacted anyone

i broke them up in to batches so i could manage the workflow, with the very limited free time i have available

i posted clearly in the thread when iw as going to message each batch

i then messaged the batches, waited an allotted amount of time, which was often either posted in the message or the pm, regardless of which i always posted it, i then shipped all the orders who replied in that time

id then start over with th next batch, doing the same thing, if i had caught the pm from someone who was late, i sent that order with the next batch and posted about

i can get, without exaggeration, sometimes hundreds of pms a day, if its been 2 weeks say since you pm, going back to find it would be nearly impossible, particularly if i dont know to look for it

whatever my reasons, i dont need to justify myself, if i wasnt doing this, the pcbs would be sat in warehouse in china, so whatever my workflow is, its certainly faster that what was happening before, i dont want all this stuff sat in house, id love to get it cleared, particularly with my kid on the way, when taking this on i was under the impression the bulk of this would be handled by now, but i cant really do much more, without getting the plates and stabs from the US

No need to explain yourself dude.  You have gotten this moving which is more than we can say for anyone else in the past year or so...  I am amazed with how far you have moved this along already given everything else going on right now.  Take care of yourself and Mrs Bunny...  :)

Offline kekstee

« Reply #5360 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 12:09:12 »
I don't mind his reasoning and am actually very grateful he got it moving, I just tried to get that one bit of information, that people not on the quoted list would definately be batch 7. It never came. Also I did reply the second I was back from holidays without internet. You make it sound like I looked at the PM for seven days, pondering wether I should.

Not that it matters, of course, at least now I know whats up and what I'm waiting for (while creating more drama and useless text than I ever inteded to)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5361 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 12:37:54 »
I don't mind his reasoning and am actually very grateful he got it moving, I just tried to get that one bit of information, that people not on the quoted list would definately be batch 7. It never came. Also I did reply the second I was back from holidays without internet. You make it sound like I looked at the PM for seven days, pondering wether I should.

Not that it matters, of course, at least now I know whats up and what I'm waiting for (while creating more drama and useless text than I ever inteded to)

ignore me im super snappy today

had to deal with a couple of real *******s so as a result im just snapping at anyone

i totally understand how hard it is waiting for something like this, hell a huge motivating factor for me taking this on was i wanted mine

shoot me your address via pm and what was in your order again, and illl get it out next time im shipping, most likely monday or tuesday, although i must say if my wife goes in to labour between now and then itll be delayed slightly

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #5362 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 13:33:27 »
Bunny,

If it helps you in any way, I'm happy for you to sort my order out last.  You've got more important things to do and this is pretty much the only gesture I can make. You have my respect and trust.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5363 on: Fri, 02 October 2015, 16:26:35 »
Bunny,

If it helps you in any way, I'm happy for you to sort my order out last.  You've got more important things to do and this is pretty much the only gesture I can make. You have my respect and trust.

He has a system he is working with.  It is easiest for him to not make exceptions to the system he has in place for the most part.  If he can act on his system without having to worry about edge cases it makes things simpler.  I am sure he appreciates the thought, but I doubt it will actually make things simpler to make any changes to what he already has in place.  :)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5364 on: Sat, 03 October 2015, 05:59:53 »
TJ! SAM! WHERE DA PLATEZ BOIZ
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Lumune

« Reply #5365 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 20:27:34 »
I just wanna apologize to Bunny for replying his pm so late, haven't been checking this site for a while.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #5366 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 07:48:52 »
TJ! SAM! WHERE DA PLATEZ BOIZ

this^^
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5367 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 07:52:15 »
hi boost :) first reaper now your're posting again, feels like the olden days
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5368 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 08:39:17 »
I just wanna apologize to Bunny for replying his pm so late, haven't been checking this site for a while.

absolutely no need to apologise for late pms, many people in this buy either dont come here at all anymore, or very rarely

this buy is a logistical nightmare, but itll get there in the end

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5369 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 09:40:06 »
Still no update on the US side?

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #5370 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 13:40:46 »

Darn, I was also hoping for an update.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5371 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 13:42:30 »

I heard that samwisekoi is dealing with some personal stuff at the moment, which may explain the absence.  I know we like to criticize anyone and everyone for that sort of stuff, but samwisekoi has always been reliable so I'd trust this one.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5372 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 13:47:33 »
I'm calling it, GH centered keyboard projects are simply cursed.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5373 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 15:01:41 »

I heard that samwisekoi is dealing with some personal stuff at the moment, which may explain the absence.  I know we like to criticize anyone and everyone for that sort of stuff, but samwisekoi has always been reliable so I'd trust this one.

absolutely. but how about an update from the sending-side of the plates? have the plates been delivered to sam? should we be expecting the plates to be distributed to EU anytime soon?

i've met sam, i like sam. he caffeinated me greatly and i played his free-play shrek pinball machine during the DSA retro sorting party.

WAIT hey! he drugged me and made me sort keys!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5374 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 15:03:04 »
I heard everything was in Cali somewhere :o
I love Elzy

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5375 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 15:03:52 »
I heard everything was in Cali somewhere :o

well, that's where sam is.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #5376 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 15:09:36 »
I'm calling it, GH centered keyboard projects are simply cursed.

Alps Party seems to be going smoothly so far. Maybe it's just MX stuff?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline pix3l_fodder

« Reply #5377 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 15:26:53 »
This group buy is cursed, you get involved and you get life / personal problems! Hope Sam sorts it out and all is worked out on his end (personal issues, not the GB)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #5378 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 15:00:07 »

We taking this back to those days :D ...*whipping out the korean KB stash and CC stash*

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5379 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 15:03:34 »

We taking this back to those days :D ...*whipping out the korean KB stash and CC stash*

bost going retro
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5380 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 05:41:22 »
monday plate information request bump

my switches are en route

holding parties please inform us where our goods are

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #5381 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 12:32:43 »
Is this genuine?

I don't know what to look for, I don't grok PCBs.

http://world.taobao.com/item/521328977024.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.HSCILD#detail

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5382 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 12:37:17 »
monday plate information request bump

my switches are en route

holding parties please inform us where our goods are

Nic Cage time

Who else is with me?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #5383 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 19:59:05 »
Is this genuine?

I don't know what to look for, I don't grok PCBs.

http://world.taobao.com/item/521328977024.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.HSCILD#detail

I think that's a rev. B.  The ones from the group buy are rev. C (source is not released for rev. C yet).  There was a slight bug in rev. B that is fixed in rev. C, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #5384 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 04:41:54 »
I think that's a rev. B.  The ones from the group buy are rev. C (source is not released for rev. C yet).  There was a slight bug in rev. B that is fixed in rev. C, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.
Here's my 2 cents: the Chinese should *really not* call their 60% boards GH60, it's purely marketing. Mind you, they are usually perfectly good and working 60% PCBs, but *not* GH60s. (The same MCU and the same form factor does not make a PCB into GH60.) They may have started with GH60 rev B, but generally they make a lot of changes to it.

However, this particular one looks very close to GH60 rev B, much more than the other ones I've seen on Taobao, but there are some changes visible (e.g. crystal and some solder jumpers). Hard to tell what other changes they've may have done - but I'd wager they do improve on rev B.

Here's a list of things you might care for, in which almost all taobao 60% "GH60"s differ from the GH60 proper (excluding the above linked PCB):
 - wiring (does not matter much if you use TMK, but any GH60 binary firmware will probably not work)
 - layout support (some do not support ISO)
 - backlighting (almost all Chinese boards do add support for that, and it's almost always "all leds at the same time/brightness", i.e. no possibility of individual LED control like it is on GH60 rev C)

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #5385 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 05:34:55 »
The first two doesn't matter to me, but the third one does. I want my layer change lighting!!!

I'm already ordering some cases from TaoBao though, so I've decided to add three Satan GH60 cards (which DEFINITELY isn't a proper GH60) because they're insanely cheap. I will be aiming to replace all three with proper GH60 as soon as they're available to me, since I wasn't in the GH60 GB. Of course, if I can do everything I want, including individual lighting for at least two fn buttons, then I might not bother.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #5386 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 05:53:19 »

Here's my 2 cents: the Chinese should *really not* call their 60% boards GH60, it's purely marketing. Mind you, they are usually perfectly good and working 60% PCBs, but *not* GH60s. (The same MCU and the same form factor does not make a PCB into GH60.) They may have started with GH60 rev B, but generally they make a lot of changes to it.

However, this particular one looks very close to GH60 rev B, much more than the other ones I've seen on Taobao, but there are some changes visible (e.g. crystal and some solder jumpers). Hard to tell what other changes they've may have done - but I'd wager they do improve on rev B.

Here's a list of things you might care for, in which almost all taobao 60% "GH60"s differ from the GH60 proper (excluding the above linked PCB):
 - wiring (does not matter much if you use TMK, but any GH60 binary firmware will probably not work)
 - layout support (some do not support ISO)
 - backlighting (almost all Chinese boards do add support for that, and it's almost always "all leds at the same time/brightness", i.e. no possibility of individual LED control like it is on GH60 rev C)

That's some good info right there!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5387 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 05:55:06 »
here's my 2 cents:

where are my plates?  >:D

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #5388 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 08:06:07 »
here's my 2 cents:

Don't give a **** about the plates ;), Where are the PCB's

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #5389 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 08:06:56 »
here's my 2 cents:

Don't give a **** about the plates ;), Where are the PCB's!

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5390 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 08:10:04 »
here's my 2 cents:

Don't give a **** about the plates ;), Where are the PCB's

same issue honestly...

Offline krbuck

« Reply #5391 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 08:47:38 »
I'm looking for a GH60 PCB; if anyone has extra.

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5392 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 08:50:10 »

Lots of us want our GH60 PCB, and plate and switches etc, the difference is we paid for them a long, long time ago. :P

Offline krbuck

« Reply #5393 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 09:07:21 »

Lots of us want our GH60 PCB, and plate and switches etc, the difference is we paid for them a long, long time ago. :P

Hehe. Yeah, I guess I'm getting a little impatient. I missed out on the last buy and all I can find are knock-offs. I'm getting my purple switches in the next few days; I guess they will sit there taunting me for some time to come.  :)

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5394 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 09:11:46 »

Hehe. Yeah, I guess I'm getting a little impatient. I missed out on the last buy and all I can find are knock-offs. I'm getting my purple switches in the next few days; I guess they will sit there taunting me for some time to come.  :)

I can guarantee when these finally get delivered you'll see tons in the classifieds. And I can relate I've now bought and sold multiple cases for my GH60 (just got the newest potential candidate over the weekend) and don't even use 60% boards but I still want it just to have a community inspired board.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5395 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 11:21:08 »

Lots of us want our GH60 PCB, and plate and switches etc, the difference is we paid for them a long, long time ago.

I can guarantee when these finally get delivered you'll see tons in the classifieds. And I can relate I've now bought and sold multiple cases for my GH60 (just got the newest potential candidate over the weekend) and don't even use 60% boards but I still want it just to have a community inspired board.
Get a jump on the classifieds by registering your interest in buying or selling a GH60 here.

http://gh60-market.swillkb.com/

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #5396 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 11:25:04 »

Lots of us want our GH60 PCB, and plate and switches etc, the difference is we paid for them a long, long time ago.
Show Image

Get a jump on the classifieds by registering your interest in buying or selling a GH60 here.

Your site is very cool, you should extend it gradually to cover other families of products to assist the classifieds, that requires a lot of personal time looking for the items you need, or for selling the ones you do not need.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #5397 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 11:45:17 »
Or we should redo the classified section here - it doesn't do very well when many people want the same thing and many other people have that same thing... Ish...

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5398 on: Tue, 13 October 2015, 13:22:40 »

Show Image

Your site is very cool, you should extend it gradually to cover other families of products to assist the classifieds, that requires a lot of personal time looking for the items you need, or for selling the ones you do not need.
Unfortunately I do not have a good way for you to remove yourself from the market at this point, so you have to PM me to remove your listing. This implementation was something I did in a few hours and is not well suited for an extended use case (yet).  I am currently working on a GH PM search application for some of the guys who get like 100 PMs a day. Once I finish that I will switch back to the generic "run a group buy" application I was working on before (basic framework is in place).  I can look into a better solution for classifieds, but I don't see myself getting to that for at least 6 months given all the other projects I am working at right now.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5399 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 09:55:21 »
semi-regular bump. wheres muh plate