Author Topic: [IC] Evolurk Aperture 75- Inspired by Leica M Series (Updated)  (Read 10260 times)

Offline Evolurkeeb

Aperture 75 interest check

• Dual Gasket & Bottom Mount structure for a soft and consistent typing experience, enhanced by silicone gel particles.
    • Screwless quick-release design for easy assembly and sleek appearance.
    • Personalized customizable screen to tailor your keyboard experience to your liking.
    • Magnetic snap contacts for hassle-free connectivity without the need for complex wiring.
    • Crafted to evoke the iconic dual-tone Leica body through modular accessories.
    • Interior adorned with shutter curtain decorations for added aesthetic appeal.

Welcome to our Discord: https://discord.gg/w5ak5gdqnq
    Welcome to our Mainsite: http://evolurk.com

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions. After summarizing the feedback, we made the following modifications: The appearance has been modified by removing non-functional dials, simplifying the top of the keyboard, and returning to the essence of a keyboard. A decorative shutter curtain pattern has been added inside the keyboard.

OLD
    306801-0

Based on everyone's feedback, we have redesigned this keyboard. Below is the new version. Please note that the following information parameters are all for the new version.

NEW

By assembling different accessories, we've recreated the classic two-tone body of Leica cameras.

306799-1

We really like the viewfinder on the right side of Leica cameras, so we extracted it and incorporated it into a screen located in the top right corner of the keyboard.

306803-2

The Leica M3's distinctive knob structure on the back is transformed into keyboard weights.

306805-3
    [/list]

We have extracted the ISO dial to create a volume-adjustable knob. Added a customizable screen.

306807-4

At the bottom of the keyboard, a 1/4-inch UNC screw is used for structural fixation.

306809-5

The USB interface is designed with inspiration from the Leica hot shoe interface.

306811-6

Switching between gasket structure and bottom mount structure is achieved through shock-absorbing silicone gel and screw columns.

306815-7306817-8306813-9

LAYOUT

Supports ISO layout and VIA hot-swappable PCB board.

306823-10

Designed with a Ball-Catch Structure quick-release mechanism for easy assembly and disassembly, the keyboard boasts a sleek and convenient exterior. Magnetic snap contacts without the need for complex wiring.

306825-11306827-12

Structure

306829-13306837-14

DIMENSION

306840-15

SALE INFORMATION

● Units TBD
    ● Sale type TBD depending on interest
    ● Vendor information to be disclosed in the future.

Supports wired mode
    Keyboard Layout: 75% with hot-swappable compatibility
    Top Shell: Aluminum
    Bottom Shell: Aluminum
    Bottom Weight: Stainless steel
    Mounting: Compatible with both gasket and bottom mounting
    Aluminum CNC Case with Stainless steel Counterweight for 6 Series
    VIA support

CONTACT

« Last Edit: Mon, 25 March 2024, 04:36:01 by Evolurkeeb »

Offline VXQN

Re: [IC] Evolurk Aperture 75- Inspired by Leica M Series
    « Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 03:17:18 »
    Whilst technically impressive, the "thing masquerading as a different thing" concept — especially when used in conjunction with luxury brands — really only serves to make a design look like a cheap knockoff. I'm sure that this is actually very expensive to make, though! Perhaps use some of the concepts here in a more toned down, less "Leica" design?

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
    « Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 10:33:57 »
    This is disgusting and everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves

Offline alexotos

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 11:12:39 »
    I think this could be a lot of fun. However, I do think this is much to literal of an approach. It comes off a bit cheap and doesn't really feel "inspired by" the brand if that makes sense.

Personally, I would keep the back piece / weight design as it's fun. Bit I would lose all the dials and whatnot at the top of the board as it's a bit much, it's a keyboard and not a camera. The red dot I would say looks tacky here, too. I like the accents on the bottom and top being silver and the center of the board being black to mimic the leather of the M series. I almost feel thats all you need really.

It's a cool direction, but I think I would personally want this to compliment the camera and not be a keyboard clone of it.

Offline scorcher36

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 12:48:02 »
    I think this could be a lot of fun. However, I do think this is much to literal of an approach. It comes off a bit cheap and doesn't really feel "inspired by" the brand if that makes sense.

Personally, I would keep the back piece / weight design as it's fun. Bit I would lose all the dials and whatnot at the top of the board as it's a bit much, it's a keyboard and not a camera. The red dot I would say looks tacky here, too. I like the accents on the bottom and top being silver and the center of the board being black to mimic the leather of the M series. I almost feel thats all you need really.

It's a cool direction, but I think I would personally want this to compliment the camera and not be a keyboard clone of it.
    Well said. I would prefer to at least keeb one of the knobs to mimic tactility of the camera knob. Definitely feels like too much is going on. That being said like the inspiration.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline scorcher36

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 12:49:26 »
    You need a mirror.

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
    « Reply #6 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 13:36:50 »
    Way too on the nose...

Merisi literally just ran a keyboard based on the Hasselblad 500C camera.. At what point did it seem like a good idea to do another 'camera' inspired keyboard right after he ran his?

This hobby is an echo chamber of uninspired ideas.

Offline kekstee

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 13:47:02 »

Can't put it better than the first comments.

Offline filefish

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 14:12:58 »
    I like this. Don't pay attention to the demands to bland it down. People seem to hate fun.

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 14:48:37 »
    Maybe im missing some context as to why everybody hates this.

Would buy if you get rid of the red badge (agree it's a little tacky) and the strap holders on the side. It's a keyboard nobody needs a camera strap on it lol.

Appreciate the amount of layout support on this, definitely need to see a proto  :thumb:

Offline scorcher36

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 16:11:39 »
    I like this. Don't pay attention to the demands to bland it down. People seem to hate fun.

I don't want it to be bland, but I definitely think design refinement goes a long way. As of now just looks too awkward to me but nevertheless I like what is going on here.

Offline scorcher36

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 16:20:06 »
    Way too on the nose...

Merisi literally just ran a keyboard based on the Hasselblad 500C camera.. At what point did it seem like a good idea to do another 'camera' inspired keyboard right after he ran his?

This hobby is an echo chamber of uninspired ideas.

Two different artists painting the same building with different outcome is somehow uninspiring. Why be in this hobby of uninspiring same rectangle that all function the same. 

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
    « Reply #12 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 16:55:04 »
    Your comparing apples and oranges. I agree with your last statement.
    « Last Edit: Wed, 13 March 2024, 16:56:38 by MoarCoffeePlzzz »

Offline spingo

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 19:36:48 »
    I love that I'm seeing something fresh to my eyes instead of another keyboard with different bezels and different etched brass weight. If I'm being honest with myself I have been seeing a lot of really cool and new ideas in keyboard design lately, though.

With all that said, I think the market you're appealing to isn't actually keyboard enthusiast or purists. This thing would do much better in a photography community because it speaks to their niche more than our niche. I bet if you posted this idea in a photography reddit or something similar the feedback would be way more receptive; but, depending on price I don't know how well it would sell. All in all you should be praised for your attempt.

Offline mul7i

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 01:19:41 »
    i love how insane and loud the design is

Offline Evolurkeeb

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 02:34:55 »
    Whilst technically impressive, the "thing masquerading as a different thing" concept — especially when used in conjunction with luxury brands — really only serves to make a design look like a cheap knockoff. I'm sure that this is actually very expensive to make, though! Perhaps use some of the concepts here in a more toned down, less "Leica" design?
    Your suggestion is very feasible. Initially, we did intend to replicate the appearance of Leica, but it's evident that this isn't a good approach. We will modify our design accordingly.

Offline Evolurkeeb

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 03:04:45 »

Thank you for your suggestions. I think we will gather everyone's feedback and redesign this keyboard accordingly.

Offline Evolurkeeb

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 03:30:40 »

I don't want it to be bland, but I definitely think design refinement goes a long way. As of now just looks too awkward to me but nevertheless I like what is going on here.

You're right. We do need to make some modifications to our design. Completely mimicking the appearance of a Leica camera was shortsighted on our part.

Offline Evolurkeeb

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 04:06:20 »
    Maybe im missing some context as to why everybody hates this.

Would buy if you get rid of the red badge (agree it's a little tacky) and the strap holders on the side. It's a keyboard nobody needs a camera strap on it lol.

Appreciate the amount of layout support on this, definitely need to see a proto  :thumb:

Sure thing

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 04:15:12 »

possibly the fact that they want people to enjoy this board instead of making some dull unobtanium bull**** strictly distributed to a limited set of friends and shills.

i love how insane and loud the design is

same, I don't like the form factor personally but I find the design so over the top that I love it. well done, I hope it goes through and as many people as possible get to enjoy it.

You're right. We do need to make some modifications to our design. Completely mimicking the appearance of a Leica camera was shortsighted on our part.

I don't think you should. stick to your own vision.

Offline scorcher36

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 05:01:27 »
    Nobody wants OP to abandon his vision, except those whose criticisms are not even constructive without providing context. We have clearly seen more wild and loud designs come and go. People just want refinement. It shows people are interested. Merisi is one example where people like how the inspiration was derived from. Not to say this is how it should be done but definitely nothing wrong trying to understand and see what you can learn.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
    « Reply #21 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 06:01:22 »

we get literal hundreds of kpop or car inspired reskins boards on a weekly basis and no one bats an eye, shift the inspiration to cameras and it's suddenly a matter of exclusivity? can't really make a credible point about that, unless Merisi holds some kind of rights to the Hasselblad brand/IP which I immensely doubt.

Offline JoltFX

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 08:46:12 »
    I like the aesthetic, interested to see how this evolves. Also grateful to see people supporting because this community can be so negative and uninspiring when they themselves supposedly want more “inspiration.”

Offline Sm0k3d0uT

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 09:16:24 »
    I Like where you are going with this.

I like the two tone color combination and how it really matches the older style camera's.

I just think it's too close of a 1:1 match.

The back of the board I think you should flip to resemble the front of the camera and the weight should look like a camera lens.

I don't think all the dials are need, maybe leave just the one on the right.

Offline 5atori

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 10:27:58 »
    It certainly looks fun, sure it looks a bit like a cheap toy from the render but the custom keeb hobby is more or less about buying weird toys to put on your desk, don't think that's a big issue. I guess you have to take extra care when picking your silver cuz I feel like the cheap looking silver metal on some cameras (zfc as a more recent example) is what gives off a plastic feel, maybe something more muted can look better instead of going full 1:1 retro with the shiny silver, but that's entirely up to personal taste tbh.
    To me what really makes a difference is the shutter button, dials are nothing new but there's more fun with a shutter button. If you can somehow make it feel like a camera shutter (half-press functionality doesn't sound practical but having that tactile feedback halfway through can be nice) and support all the typical qmk stuff it will make a lot of sense, like I can bind my screenshot hotkey to it and press the shutter to capture my screen. Also leaving a standard threaded hole so people can attach their custom screw-in shutter buttons or even go a step further and use a mechanical shutter release cable for fun. I think the one of a kind "camera" user experience is what I expect out of a camera inspired keyboard, more so than a 1:1 design that mostly just captures the look.
    Also something like binding the "power" key in via to the on/off switch and use that to boot/shutdown your pc, seems like a practical functionality in everyday use, I've been turning off my pc using that ever since I got my first qmk&via board.
    I do really want to say faux leather instead of black aluminum, have had plenty enough metal boards by now, but that does sound like a little too much in terms of both cost and not going 1:1.

Offline keepoto

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 03:16:31 »
    man too bad it's 75% form factor, if it were HHKB i'd...still not buy

that being said this is kinda cool in some respect, GLWIC have fun and enjoy this community

Offline blacksimon

• illuminati.works
      • illuminati.works
    « Reply #26 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 10:46:55 »
    Alessio would buy this.

(and no one else)

Offline drfilco

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 11:28:57 »
    Were it in my current budget, I would buy this as-is, for being exactly what it is.

I'd probably also do the same with just about any one of the alternative suggestions like a more subtle, interpretive homage to Leica. I enjoy theming of pretty much all kinds, whether it's a subtle nod to a thing with a specific relationship of lines and angles (MM Class80 and the original GameBoy cartridges, for example) - or the keyboard equivalent of cover bands like Zoso (this board).

It only makes sense that a design like this would have a mixed reception; I'd call it "niche" or an "acquired taste", but that's also kinda what I like about it. Like a funky Scotch or cheeky bit of taxidermy. For me - someone who loves curios - this would be a crowning bit of functional tchotchke, and a great conversation-piece about differing regional creative philosophies.

On that note - Leica is still an active brand in the West where copyright laws have teeth - so do keep that in mind. If anything, protected imagery might be what needs to change from any official promotional materials about this project.

Offline tuesdaygloom

• wait.
    « Reply #28 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 12:38:28 »
    this looks like one of those lighters disguised as something else

Offline Evolurkeeb

Re: [IC] Evolurk Aperture 75- Inspired by Leica M Series (Updated)
    « Reply #29 on: Mon, 25 March 2024, 04:32:01 »
      Aperture 75 interest check

• Dual Gasket & Bottom Mount structure for a soft and consistent typing experience, enhanced by silicone gel particles.
      • Screwless quick-release design for easy assembly and sleek appearance.
      • Personalized customizable screen to tailor your keyboard experience to your liking.
      • Magnetic snap contacts for hassle-free connectivity without the need for complex wiring.
      • Crafted to evoke the iconic dual-tone Leica body through modular accessories.
      • Interior adorned with shutter curtain decorations for added aesthetic appeal.

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions. After summarizing the feedback, we made the following modifications: The appearance has been modified by removing non-functional dials, simplifying the top of the keyboard, and returning to the essence of a keyboard. A decorative shutter curtain pattern has been added inside the keyboard.

OLD

Based on everyone's feedback, we have redesigned this keyboard. Below is the new version. Please note that the following information parameters are all for the new version.

NEW

By assembling different accessories, we've recreated the classic two-tone body of Leica cameras.

We really like the viewfinder on the right side of Leica cameras, so we extracted it and incorporated it into a screen located in the top right corner of the keyboard.

The Leica M3's distinctive knob structure on the back is transformed into keyboard weights.

[/list]

We have extracted the ISO dial to create a volume-adjustable knob. Added a customizable screen.

At the bottom of the keyboard, a 1/4-inch UNC screw is used for structural fixation.

The USB interface is designed with inspiration from the Leica hot shoe interface.

Switching between gasket structure and bottom mount structure is achieved through shock-absorbing silicone gel and screw columns.

LAYOUT

Supports ISO layout and VIA hot-swappable PCB board.

Designed with a Ball-Catch Structure quick-release mechanism for easy assembly and disassembly, the keyboard boasts a sleek and convenient exterior. Magnetic snap contacts without the need for complex wiring.

Structure

Offline Evolurkeeb

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 26 March 2024, 00:15:06 »
      I Like where you are going with this.

I like the two tone color combination and how it really matches the older style camera's.

I just think it's too close of a 1:1 match.

The back of the board I think you should flip to resemble the front of the camera and the weight should look like a camera lens.

I don't think all the dials are need, maybe leave just the one on the right.

Thanks for your suggestion, yes, we will just keep one dial,we are considering the idea of designing the back of the keyboard to resemble a camera.