Author Topic: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB // CUSTOM GASKET // PROTOTYPE V3 ARRIVED!!  (Read 111196 times)

Offline BruceDinh

• Explorer | Artist | Petrolhead
    • ORI CLUB
Re: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB | GASKET | WEIGHT DESIGN V3 update !
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 10:19:09 »
Alright guys, please stop this here. This is post IC, we should focus on this.

I have talked with Outterspacetits (9mm) through the discord already. I really appreciate and appreciate this offer. But I decided to do everything myself. That's why I keep this buy group very small (20 pcs). With 5 slots in my hometown land + the amount I have in hand, I will take care of the costs to start booking the factory, and the next number will wait for paypal. I also do not expect any vendor to stand for me, because I know they are very risky.

So finally, let me do this alone, responsible alone, and clear my name.

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #351 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 10:28:12 »
Talk is cheap. Get a vendor on board first and then, just maybe, your offer might be taken into consideration. I have a hard time believing any of the vendors would entertain your offer especially with how outlandish your claim of fronting the cost is but feel free to prove me wrong.

Also, what's in it for you? What would make one want to take a 12k usd loss if things go wrong? Unless this is secretly a wsb thread it seems too good to be true and comes off as a scam, not to say that this whole gb doesn't have the chance of not being one.

Why are the responses to this offer so standoffish?  If I were a vendor, I'd jump at someone offering to take all financial risk off my shoulders.  Is it a crazy thing for someone to offer to do?  Absolutely.  But if he flakes and nothing comes of it, then what was lost aside from some time emailing back and forth?  Don't get me wrong, I could see some vendors keeping their distance because it seems a bit odd, but that's no reason to fire back at the guy with such an intimidating tone.

I have just sent you a message

Waiting to hear from you,

Offline noorejji

« Reply #352 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 11:45:49 »
Honestly it doesn't instill confidence that you would rather do it yourself. Clearly you've gathered enough devout followers through your Discord, so I can see why.

Offline BloodyMarvel

« Reply #353 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 11:50:28 »
Seriously, can we stop now please?

There have been enough posts ****ting on this designer. Those who want to participate in the groupbuy are plenty informed of the history and concerns. I'd like to see this thread change into a constructive one from here on in.

Thanks.

Offline blitz

« Reply #354 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 11:59:53 »
Seriously, can we stop now please?

There have been enough posts ****ting on this designer. Those who want to participate in the groupbuy are plenty informed of the history and concerns. I'd like to see this thread change into a constructive one from here on in.

Thanks.
I agree. I feel like everyone made their points 100 posts ago.

Offline sl70309

« Reply #355 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 15:07:57 »
If you think this is scam, just don't join this GB. There are only 20 spots, and at least 20 people who are very interested in this and join the GB, i am one of them. I even want to grab one outside of raffle as "friend and family"  ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2020, 15:10:14 by sl70309 »

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #356 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 17:07:17 »
The concern trolling is super annoying.

If you have concerns, don't join the GB. If you want to take the risk with the GB runner, then join.

OP has no reason to make any modifications as I'm sure he has well over 15 people interested so move on.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #357 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 18:15:50 »
I mean there's nothing wrong with sharing an opinion or discussing the past in an IC, but it's been done, and I agree, time to move on.

Offline keyboardcircle

« Reply #358 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 20:19:49 »
Is A-stock guaranteed?

Offline outterspacetits

« Reply #359 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 21:20:36 »
Talk is cheap. Get a vendor on board first and then, just maybe, your offer might be taken into consideration. I have a hard time believing any of the vendors would entertain your offer especially with how outlandish your claim of fronting the cost is but feel free to prove me wrong.

Also, what's in it for you? What would make one want to take a 12k usd loss if things go wrong? Unless this is secretly a wsb thread it seems too good to be true and comes off as a scam, not to say that this whole gb doesn't have the chance of not being one.

Why are the responses to this offer so standoffish?  If I were a vendor, I'd jump at someone offering to take all financial risk off my shoulders.  Is it a crazy thing for someone to offer to do?  Absolutely.  But if he flakes and nothing comes of it, then what was lost aside from some time emailing back and forth?  Don't get me wrong, I could see some vendors keeping their distance because it seems a bit odd, but that's no reason to fire back at the guy with such an intimidating tone. 

I super appreciate the support and insight.

I'm really glad someone would at least vouch for the reasoning, even if I've not made a name here yet.

Thank you.

Yes, Bruce has decided to run it on his own to clear his name and he will do the booking; all in all I do wish him luck and hope it works out.

Best of luck with your GB, Bruce.

Offline OnNitrous

« Reply #360 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 04:01:42 »
Hi there.

i Have been searching the internet for a custom TKL with out the super annoying  Windows key.
i stumbled across this site and seen this thread. and this board looks like so good.
are these awesome looking keyboards Still available?
if so how do i go about getting one?

are they a complete kit? or do i have to get key caps and keys separately?
look forward to your reply.

Much love from Australia
Rossco

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #361 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 05:01:02 »
Hi there.

i Have been searching the internet for a custom TKL with out the super annoying  Windows key.
i stumbled across this site and seen this thread. and this board looks like so good.
are these awesome looking keyboards Still available?
if so how do i go about getting one?

are they a complete kit? or do i have to get key caps and keys separately?
look forward to your reply.

Much love from Australia
Rossco

This will be a Group Buy so you should read the sticky.  In addition to all the warnings in there this one only has 15 slots so you will have to be lucky online at the right time and do whatever quicker than lots of other people, possibly in the middle of the night due to your timezone...

This is for a case and PCB so you will need to add switches, keycaps and stabilisers to build a working keyboard.

If you still want one I wish you luck :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 June 2020, 10:08:42 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Xemnova

« Reply #362 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 05:36:57 »
One addendum to what was said above, the GB for this is a raffle, not first come first serve. So you don't have to beat everyone at purchasing quicker, you just need to be one of the lucky 15 who win the raffle.

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #363 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 12:35:54 »
UPDATE :

Today I have the official confirmation that June 18 is the turn to anode T_T.  So it took me at least 25/6 prototype v3 to get to my hands.  Sorry for the delay.

So our GB will probably take place in early July.

----------
If everyone wants to follow ORI87 as early as possible, join the disc discord now.

And do not forget to contribute comments to the IC form so I know what you guys are thinking about my design, do not hesitate.

I will begin to respond to emails from tomorrow, and emails in the IC will be notified of the raffle time as well as the first official information.

DISCORD SEVER : https://discord.gg/v5dK5Z4
IC FORM : https://forms.gle/6qUkpEZSpK9U9yjm8

Offline despairsray

« Reply #364 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 17:44:37 »
This still looks good. Despite some of the concerns that were addressed in this post, I am still interested and most likely buy this if I have the chance.

I know that we talked about this on page 1 of the thread but will you still be fixing the Japanese? I see that it hasn't been updated.

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #365 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 01:32:49 »
The PCB landed yesterday, and here it is

* PCB works well
* USB-C daughter fit is extremely good.
* Perfecting the quality of high-end PCB

This is the PCB test + Prototype V2 (there are still some machining errors // the anode quality is not up to the standard I want)

Since I only have one pack switch, I will wait for the Prototype V3 to assemble and perform the video sound test.

Thank you everyone for reading .

Do not forget to participate in the IC form: https://forms.gle/6qUkpEZSpK9U9yjm8
Discord sever: https://discord.gg/v5dK5Z4
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ori.club/

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
Re: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB | GASKET | PCB PROTOTYPE ARRIVED!!
« Reply #366 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 01:34:14 »
outstanding!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #367 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 03:05:57 »
Looks really well.  Good work.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline BloodyMarvel

« Reply #368 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 14:44:59 »
Man I'm so looking forward to this groupbuy.

Hope to get into the lucky few...

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 12:23:50 »
From now on I will update with a clear roadmap like this to make it easier for people to understand the process.

22/6: Prototype V3 is still waiting in line for anode.
The factory I am sending anode has very large orders.
But I will try to get to the queue as soon as possible.

Offline Blvck.-

« Reply #370 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 08:03:23 »
Beautiful work.

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 06:39:17 »

Prototype v3 will coming after few days.

The prototype is now in anodizing factory and waiting for me to pick up. I'm quite busy with the main job so I'll go get it on the weekends.

The Weight photo - raw stainless steel - after milling.
I have been taking this photo for about 2 weeks, but I can't wait any longer. !!

Offline YangYoga

« Reply #372 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 10:11:04 »
I think it would look a lot better if the circle of the logo was centered, not the bird.

Offline Minam

« Reply #373 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 19:28:51 »
waiting for raffle.... can't wait!

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #374 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 22:37:17 »
I think it would look a lot better if the circle of the logo was centered, not the bird.

Agreed

Offline Paitupai

« Reply #375 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 23:01:38 »
Really like the design! especially the blocker that push the winkey a bit to the right. Hope the 3rd prototype will turn out great. I'll try my luck with the raffle

Offline BruceDinh

• ORI CLUB
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 11:29:06 »

Prototype V3 has arrived, I will update the soundtest video as soon as possible.

Offline Anthixious

Re: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB // CUSTOM GASKET // PROTOTYPE V3 ARRIVED!!
« Reply #377 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 14:48:07 »
Mmnnnfffff that looks sooooo nice  :eek:

Offline cemoon

Re: [IC] ORI 87 by ORI.CLUB | GASKET | update image prototype !
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 23:44:16 »
So everything is almost done, I'm sorting and waiting for the PCB to finish QC. Hope next weekend everyone can get their hands on my product.

I only took a few photos because the arrangements were made, so I was very lazy to take pictures again because I was afraid of the mistake

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks

Note, this guy is a known scammer. He ran the Makeaboard which never shipped.
Proof:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/312287977151660042/714651885512163398/unknown.png?width=398&height=403
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/312287977151660042/714651909927075910/97438271_4045062282178147_6177431442994233344_n.png?width=305&height=303

Now you can shut tf up

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #379 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 04:53:19 »
Wait, so y're saying scam or not?

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #380 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 06:32:13 »
Gb is already in progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cemoon

« Reply #381 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 09:29:19 »
Production is done and will be shipped within this week. The whole GB is approximately 2 months from start to end.