Author Topic: Keyboard pixel art things.  (Read 1419979 times)

Offline TexasFlood

Keyboard pixel art things.
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 00:07:40 »
Quote from: kps;386545
I started "wikifying" this thread, but couldn't actually work in the wiki because it seems to choke on the headings. Perhaps someone who knows better can copy this over there. Images link back to the source post for credit. Got up to page 8.
You beat me to it, I was thinking along the same lines, but just as happy for you to do the work, :wink:, very cool.  I copied what you posted above to a wiki article here.  Wasn't sure what I was doing really, but think I got it sorted out and it looks OK.

So I munged your work into the wiki, added some out of order, which I shouldn't have done but wasn't thinking, added Kinesis Contoured, GHSS version of SIIG Minitouch, and Chicony KB-5181.  That's about all I'm going to get to tonight, should have picked up where you left off I know, I was just playing with a new toy and not really thinking about it...
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2011, 00:58:51 by TexasFlood »

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #451 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 00:59:08 »
I started "wikifying" this thread, but couldn't actually work in the wiki because it seems to choke on the headings. Perhaps someone who knows better can copy this over there. Images link back to the source post for credit. Got up to page 8.
You beat me to it, I was thinking along the same lines, but just as happy for you to do the work, :wink:, very cool.  I copied what you posted above to a wiki article here.  Wasn't sure what I was doing really, but think I got it sorted out and it looks OK.

So I munged your work into the wiki, added some out of order, which I shouldn't have done but was playing with a new toy & not really thinking about it.  I added Kinesis Contoured, GHSS version of SIIG Minitouch, and Chicony KB-5181.  That's about all I'm going to get to tonight, should have picked up where you left off I know.  For one thikng, I'm not sure my page 8 is the same as your page 8, so was trying to sort out what was the last post number you did but my mind is turning into a punkin so have to do it later.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2011, 01:41:39 by TexasFlood »

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #452 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 01:42:01 »

So I munged your work into the wiki. Then I added some out of order. I really shouldn't have gone out of order but was playing with a new toy & not really thinking about it. I added Kinesis Contoured, GHSS version of SIIG Minitouch, and Chicony KB-5181. That's about all I'm going to get to tonight, should have picked up where you left off I know. I'm not sure my page 8 is the same as your page 8. I was trying to sort out what was the last post number you did but my mind is turning into a punkin so have to do it later.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2011, 01:47:16 by TexasFlood »

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #453 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 01:47:31 »

So I munged your work into the wiki. Then I added some out of order. I really shouldn't have gone out of order but was playing with a new toy & not really thinking about it. I added Kinesis Contoured, GHSS version of SIIG Minitouch, and Chicony KB-5181. That's about all I'm going to get to tonight, should have picked up where you left off I know. I'm not sure my page 8 is the same as your page 8. I was trying to sort out what was the last post number you did but my mind is turning into a punkin so have to do it later.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #454 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 02:02:07 »
hey, could you possibly do a black filco tkl with red esc and wasd keys?

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #455 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 04:05:54 »
And where are Unicomps?
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #456 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 07:06:53 »
I started "wikifying" this thread, but couldn't actually work in the wiki because it seems to choke on the headings. Perhaps someone who knows better can copy this over there.

So I munged your work into the wiki. Then I added some out of order. I really shouldn't have gone out of order but was playing with a new toy & not really thinking about it. I added Kinesis Contoured, GHSS version of SIIG Minitouch, and Chicony KB-5181.  I'm not sure my page 8 is the same as your page 8. I was trying to sort out what was the last post number you did but ran out of time for now.

Note that after playing with it, the preview does seem broken for me whan I use header tags.  I was able to create my own headers using font size and underlining and preview worked.  It still displays correctly after saving so I left the header tags but for now anyway the preview is broken, at least for me.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2011, 07:09:31 by TexasFlood »

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 07:09:48 »
I started "wikifying" this thread, but couldn't actually work in the wiki because it seems to choke on the headings. Perhaps someone who knows better can copy this over there.

So I munged your work into the wiki. Then I added some out of order. I really shouldn't have gone out of order but was playing with a new toy & not really thinking about it. I added Kinesis Contoured, GHSS version of SIIG Minitouch, and Chicony KB-5181.  I'm not sure my page 8 is the same as your page 8. I was trying to sort out what was the last post number you did but ran out of time for now.

Note that after playing with the wiki, the preview does seem broken for me whan I use header tags.  I was able to create my own headers using font size and underlining and preview worked.  It still displays correctly after saving so I left the header tags but for now anyway the preview is broken, at least for me.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #458 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 07:38:58 »
You beat me to it, was thinking along the same lines, but just as happy for you to do the work, :wink: Very cool.  So I copied what you posted above to a wiki article here.  Wasn't sure what I was doing really, but think I got it sorted out and it looks OK.

Note that after playing with the wiki, the preview does seem broken for me when I use header tags.  I was able to create my own headers using font size and underlining and preview worked.  It still displays correctly after saving so I left the header tags but for now anyway the preview is broken, at least for me.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2011, 07:41:17 by TexasFlood »

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #459 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 07:41:34 »
You beat me to it, was thinking along the same lines, but just as happy for you to do the work, :wink: Very cool.  So I copied what you posted above to a wiki article here.  Wasn't sure what I was doing really, but think I got it sorted out and it looks OK.

Note that after playing with the wiki, the preview does seem broken for me when I use header tags.  I was able to create my own headers using font size and underlining and preview worked.  It still displays correctly after saving so I left the header tags but for now anyway the preview is broken, at least for me.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #460 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 08:42:04 »

Think I found the next post in the thread with content that needs to be added to the wiki.  I'm going to post it over in the wiki comments so there aren't two threads about the same thing.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #461 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 09:44:12 »
I have corrected the colour of the keys on the 87U.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline HybridCore

« Reply #462 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 09:46:03 »
You forgot the one in my avatar. The Black/Ninja (japanese edition).
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 July 2011, 09:48:47 by HybridCore »
Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blues

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #463 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 09:47:35 »
Quote from: HybridCore;386764
It's a work in progress, we'll get there, :wink:

Offline HybridCore

« Reply #464 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 09:49:00 »
Really? It looks great to me. Oh, and the pictures are on my overclock.net thread I linked earlier.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #465 on: Mon, 25 July 2011, 10:23:10 »
Quote from: HybridCore;386764

Quote from: TexasFlood;386765
It's a work in progress, we'll get there, :wink:

Quote from: HybridCore;386766
Really? It looks great to me. Oh, and the pictures are on my overclock.net thread I linked earlier.
I think it looks OK, but there are actually quite a few more keyboards in this thread that aren't linked in the wiki yet.  And I went and looked at your pictures even though it just made me more jealous, :sad:

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #466 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 14:01:20 »
FYI, the laptop I've been using for the pixel art got some liquid spilled in it and I'm not going to risk doing anything with it until I give it plenty of time to dry out.  Hopefully it will be OK.  But in the meantime I'm probably not going to try drawing anything new.  Got the Pixel Art Wiki done just in time, :wink:.

Offline RiGS

« Reply #467 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 17:24:02 »
That's really sad. I hope it will completely dry without any issues.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #468 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 17:27:36 »
Quote from: TexasFlood;387595
FYI, the laptop I've been using for the pixel art got some liquid spilled in it

Either change nickname or get a thinkpad :P
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #469 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 18:30:20 »
Quote from: RiGS;387720

Thanks, got my fingers crossed.  My experience is 9/10 times if it's not dunked in water and you pull power quickly (and battery in this case) and let it dry well then everything is fine.  I do find it awful hard to wait without knowing though.

Quote from: The Solutor;387724

It IS a thinkpad, or was.  We'll see, :sad:  It's an older model but still works, or did.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2011, 18:41:06 by TexasFlood »

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #470 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 18:41:25 »
Quote from: RiGS;387720

Thanks, got my fingers crossed.  My experience is 9/10 times if it's not dunked in water and you pull power quickly (and battery in this case) and let it dry well then everything is fine.  I do find it awful hard to wait without knowing though.

Quote from: The Solutor;387724

It IS a thinkpad, or was.  We'll see, :sad:  It's an older model but still works, or did.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #471 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 19:19:23 »
It IS a thinkpad, or was

Thinkpads are usually spill prof as the Model M

[video=youtube;1SWi6LlFGjk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SWi6LlFGjk&feature=related[/video]
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #472 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 19:24:04 »
Quote from: fknraiden;386640
hey, could you possibly do a black filco tkl with red esc and wasd keys?
Here you go

Quote from: czarek;386680
And where are Unicomps?
Good question.  Some of them shouldn't be terribly difficult to do.  For example, a Customizer wouldn't you just start with a Model M, give it a new logo and recolor?  My laptop set up for pixel art is out of action right now so maybe someone else with some cycles will try it.

Quote from: The Solutor;387783
It's a pretty old one.  It MIGHT be spill proof but better safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2011, 19:47:34 by TexasFlood »

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #473 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 19:30:01 »
And where are Unicomps?

Good question.  Some of them should be quite easy to do, like a customizer should be just a new logo and recoloring.  My laptop set up for pixel art is out of action right now so maybe someone else with some cycles will try it.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #474 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 19:34:40 »
And where are Unicomps?
Good question.  Some of them shouldn't be terribly difficult to do.  For example, a Customizer wouldn't you just start with a Model M, give it a new logo and recolor?  My laptop set up for pixel art is out of action right now so maybe someone else with some cycles will try it.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #475 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 19:43:35 »

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #476 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 19:44:15 »
And where are Unicomps?

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #477 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 19:50:20 »
What model is it ?

This in the video is still IBM branded so is not very recent.

BTW just look at the underside if you see the rectangular draining holes it's spill proof.

It MIGHT be spill proof but better safe than sorry.

Surely.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #478 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 19:59:44 »
Quote from: The Solutor;387800
What model is it ?
BTW just look at the underside if you see the rectangular draining holes it's spill proof.
I don't even remember any more what model that one is, I have a few of them.  It's out in the warm garage right now partly open & propped on the side but I'll check it later.  But I'm pretty sure I saw rectangular holes on the bottom though as does my newer T410.  That makes me feel a bit better, thanks :smile:  I feel pretty confident it will be fine but don't want to jinx it.  I've seen a fair number of folks spill stuff in thinkpads and never had a problem although I did see it happen to one Dell and it let the smoke out and you know what happens if you let the magic smoke out, never works again!

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #479 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 22:31:13 »
Quote from: The Solutor;387800
What model is it ?
I don't even remember any more what model that one is, I have a few of them.  It's out in the warm garage right now partly open & propped on the side but I'll check it later.  But I'm pretty sure I saw rectangular holes on the bottom though as does my newer T410.  That makes me feel a bit better, thanks :smile:  I feel pretty confident it will be fine but don't want to jinx it.  I've seen a fair number of folks spill stuff in thinkpads and never had a problem although I did see it happen to one Dell and it let the smoke out and you know what happens if you let the magic smoke out, never works again!

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #480 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 23:39:35 »
And where are Unicomps?

OK, I'll start it off, here is a Customizer like mine.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #481 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 23:46:04 »
And where are Unicomps?

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #482 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 23:51:37 »
And where are Unicomps?

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #483 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 00:01:54 »
And where are Unicomps?

« Last Edit: Wed, 27 July 2011, 01:28:28 by TexasFlood »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #484 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 00:06:40 »
Quote from: TexasFlood;387932

I've had a Customizer in my sig since page #8

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #485 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 00:09:00 »
Quote from: daerid;387934
I've had a Customizer in my sig since page #8

Missed that... Dangit! I redrew what you'd already done!  Interesting even though I didn't realize you'd done it already that our work looks very nearly the same.  Guess when you're at the pixel level the options are limited.  Our shading colors are slightly different but the actually pixels are nearly identical.  And I didn't copy what you did, couldn't have since I didn't realize you'd done it.  Anyway...

I believe the main reason I missed what's in your signature is I was looking for folks posting discrete images.  So I extracted the attached from your signature.  Let me know if you have better ones before I link them to the wiki.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 July 2011, 01:18:11 by TexasFlood »

Offline sordna

« Reply #486 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 00:22:06 »
Just shrank the image posted by Stevieboy7 (he built it at wasdkeyboards.com) in this thread

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22467[/ATTACH]
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #487 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 02:09:50 »
Quote from: TexasFlood;387935
Missed that... Dangit! I redrew what you'd already done!  Interesting even though I didn't realize you'd done it already that our work looks very nearly the same.  Guess when you're at the pixel level the options are limited.  Our shading colors are slightly different but the actually pixels are nearly identical.  And I didn't copy what you did, couldn't have since I didn't realize you'd done it.  Anyway...

I believe the main reason I missed what's in your signature is I was looking for folks posting discrete images.  So I extracted the attached from your signature.  Let me know if you have better ones before I link them to the wiki.  Thanks.

Nope! Those are pretty much the most up to date that I have. Feel free to use them for whatever you want :)

Offline HybridCore

« Reply #488 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 07:13:24 »
Quote from: TexasFlood;386779
I think it looks OK, but there are actually quite a few more keyboards in this thread that aren't linked in the wiki yet.  And I went and looked at your pictures even though it just made me more jealous, :sad:

I'm happy I got it. :) Makes quite a lot of people jelly.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #489 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 08:32:56 »
Quote from: daerid;387966
Nope! Those are pretty much the most up to date that I have. Feel free to use them for whatever you want :)
OK, linked them into the wiki. Thanks...

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #490 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 09:16:01 »
Another signature extract, bojinglebells this time.

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #491 on: Wed, 27 July 2011, 21:30:51 »
Unicomp Spacesaver
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 July 2011, 07:24:19 by TexasFlood »

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #492 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 08:50:12 »
Industrial IBM Model M with black keys, RGB keyset, Geek Hack (or red ESC) key, and black "A-B" badge:

:)

(RGB might be too flashy next to black keys, I'll fix that later)
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #493 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 09:21:04 »
Thanks. Added to Wiki.

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #494 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 12:28:22 »
I'll add all black Endurapro with red led mod.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22606[/ATTACH]
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #495 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 13:00:44 »
Three that I edited for my own use:

Dolch in ISO layout:

And two other keyboards I use:
Cherry G80-3000 with beige case and black keys.

Compaq (Cherry) MX11801 that I have modified. (I also made it a little bit more accurate)

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #496 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 14:39:34 »
All of the above are linked into the wiki now.

Offline ischeriad

« Reply #497 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 18:14:16 »
Wow, I'm really impressed with all this pixelart!

Since none of my two mentionable keyboards have been created, I tried for myself by taking two already close examples and modified them for my needs. Thanks to the great prior work, this was a breeze. I used Pixen for OS X.

These are the Dell AT102W (UK layout in my case)
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22629[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22626[/ATTACH] and
the HHKB Lite 2 (not mechanical, I know, but I am still fond of it).
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22627[/ATTACH]

Please enjoy.

Edit: added Dell AT102W without background.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 July 2011, 19:22:20 by ischeriad »

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #498 on: Thu, 28 July 2011, 19:49:25 »
Thanks.  Added to the wiki.  I find it kinda cool yes, and folks keep adding so it keeps growing...

HHKB Pro 2 with red escape
« Reply #499 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 08:00:06 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22645[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22646[/ATTACH]

With corrected key colors: [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 22652[/ATTACH]
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 July 2011, 08:27:46 by Superfluous Parentheses »
Current collection: HHKB Pro 2 black on black, HHKB Pro 2 white/grey blank, [strike]Dell AT101W[/strike] (sold to SirClickAlot), 1992 Model M, Key Tronic Ergoforce KT 2001, BTC 5100 C. Dead boards: MS Natural Elite, MS Natural 4000.