Author Topic: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com  (Read 295201 times)

Offline Ensaum

Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 11:19:23 »
So.. there won't be a base kit with gray alphas and original colored mod right?

Correct. I will see if I can introduce regular colored mods, but it won't be as another base kit or replacing the git base.

I think many people would be happy with that

:thumb:

So I'm assuming you're keeping Git base and Monochrome base and then adding a legacy mod kit, right? If that's the case, then I'd definitely be down for Mono base with legacy mods (and maybe hagormo alphas too baring finances at the time of the drop)

Offline keebitup

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 13:26:53 »
For assembly, what layout is the second 2.25 space bar for? I would prefer second 2u. That would be useful for Boardwalk, and in general additional gmk 2u are always good to have for planks.

Offline Albatross

« Reply #352 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 17:29:09 »
I'd also love to see a regular mods kit.
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 January 2019, 17:31:05 by Albatross »

Offline nomnico

« Reply #353 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 18:09:44 »
+1 for regular colored mods being available. Can't wait.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #354 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 18:12:29 »

Correct. I will see if I can introduce regular colored mods, but it won't be as another base kit or replacing the git base.

:thumb:

So I'm assuming you're keeping Git base and Monochrome base and then adding a legacy mod kit, right? If that's the case, then I'd definitely be down for Mono base with legacy mods (and maybe hagormo alphas too baring finances at the time of the drop)

Git mod is the true essence, don't take it away!

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #355 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 22:33:06 »
In all the way on this.

Offline krey

« Reply #356 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 07:34:56 »
I am definitely in on this.
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline Fatboychard

« Reply #357 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 09:52:13 »
Would be interested in a set of regular mods as a separate kit!

Offline mnpq.raven

« Reply #358 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 11:23:03 »

Really doubt the actual number of buyers will be that impressive
Also this is GMK Oblivion V2, not GMK Oblivion R2, the main focus this time is the git mods, not the normal colored mods

Offline RamenTechMech

« Reply #359 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 11:28:06 »

Also this is GMK Oblivion V2, not GMK Oblivion R2, the main focus this time is the git mods, not the normal colored mods

I personally would like the Git Mods as well

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #360 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:46:12 »

Agree. Should preserve and promote git mods.

Offline maximize

« Reply #361 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 14:46:37 »
I may sound like a broken record, but I'm voting for colored regular (non-Git) mods, regardless of how the kits work out.

Offline travwal

« Reply #362 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 17:16:57 »
I'm actually bummed about the removal of the red modifiers lol But other than that, I really think this is a classy set

Offline maximize

« Reply #363 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 17:44:32 »
Quick off-topic question: do you have any time-frame in mind for the Andromeda? Those renders look fantastic. ;D

Offline OkKarma

« Reply #364 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 17:51:07 »
nordeuk, please. :)

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #365 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 21:37:06 »
I'd be interested in adding an R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn to the base kits for use on 65% layouts like Tada68 and White Fox, but I suspect their absence is to keep the kit size and cost down.  If you're unwilling to add something that layout-specific, would you be willing to consider adding a 1U git mod for R2 and R3?  Then I could just use all 1U git mods in the first four rows of my rightmost column.  The existing Git Base Kit already has enough 1U git mods for me to use in R1 and R4, but the only 1U novelty mods for R2 and R3 are from the Assembly Kit, which are instructions that don't really match the git theme.  There are plenty of git commands that aren't in there yet -- how about cherry, reflog, reset, blame, or bisect?  If you moved something from one of the larger keys, you could use "cherry-pick" (though perhaps its absence is a statement).

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #366 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 23:32:25 »
I'd be interested in adding an R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn to the base kits for use on 65% layouts like Tada68 and White Fox, but I suspect their absence is to keep the kit size and cost down.  If you're unwilling to add something that layout-specific, would you be willing to consider adding a 1U git mod for R2 and R3?  Then I could just use all 1U git mods in the first four rows of my rightmost column.  The existing Git Base Kit already has enough 1U git mods for me to use in R1 and R4, but the only 1U novelty mods for R2 and R3 are from the Assembly Kit, which are instructions that don't really match the git theme.  There are plenty of git commands that aren't in there yet -- how about cherry, reflog, reset, blame, or bisect?  If you moved something from one of the larger keys, you could use "cherry-pick" (though perhaps its absence is a statement).

Yeah this is exactly what I was sort of asking. Oblotzky did say that he is considering R3 Pgup and R4 Pgdn. And indeed one 1u key per row (with some git commands) will be awesome

Offline rooski15

« Reply #367 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 02:28:56 »
I'm sure you have plenty of this stuff in the thread, but as a v1 owner, if the git mods were available without alphas, I'd love to pick them up to accent my current kit.

Not sure that's feasible, just sharing my 2 cents. Should be a very successful run!

Offline crzone

« Reply #368 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 07:40:53 »
I use Git from time to time but I see it as just a tool and I would prefer the look to be generic IDE based rather than Git based. Personally I see the Git mods as a novelty kit rather than a regular one.

I have SA Oblivion with the regular colored mods and I would like them to also be included in this GMK run. Obviously I would prefer them to be in the base kit but if they are in a separate kit of their own that's also fine.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 February 2019, 07:42:40 by crzone »

Offline Double_D

« Reply #369 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 02:05:12 »
+1 for nordeuk kit

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #370 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 11:00:55 »

Yeah this is exactly what I was sort of asking. Oblotzky did say that he is considering R3 Pgup and R4 Pgdn. And indeed one 1u key per row (with some git commands) will be awesome

+1 please, 1U key per row so I’m able to fill out my TADA68 on the base kit

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #371 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 11:19:28 »
It kinda has that...
R1 Home
R2 Page up
R3 Page down
R4 End

That’s how it’s usually done. Or delete, page up, page down, FN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #372 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 13:54:26 »
You base kit size isn't your top priority and you have removed ISO from the kit. You could add R3 and R4 page up page down. Alternatively, you could do git mods for those too.

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #373 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 15:46:36 »
Great lookin' kit!

I'm definitely interested, but I'd like to see a full Hagoromo kit and a separate monochrome mods kit like the original sale.

Ideally, I'm really interested in Hagoromo + mono. In that case vs. Round 1's options, I'm basically going to be setting aside an entire alphas kit instead of a mods kit.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #374 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 16:57:28 »
It kinda has that...
R1 Home
R2 Page up
R3 Page down
R4 End

As mentioned earlier, even though that's probably the most common setup, it's not the go-to for a lot of people. I find myself always gravitating towards split Backspace on 65% boards, and PrtSc, Delete, PgUp, PgDn is the only setup that makes sense for me in that case. So it'd be nice to have the option.

You base kit size isn't your top priority and you have removed ISO from the kit. You could add R3 and R4 page up page down. Alternatively, you could do git mods for those too.

Although I would prefer regular R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn to avoid having too much color and keep the set looking clean, I think this is an interesting idea that's worth exploring. It could be a reasonable compromise. What makes it work is the 1u R4 orange Add key that's already in the kit. That being said, I'd like to remind that the white up arrow would break color continuity in the Shift row with that setup (you'd have Checkout Add), which I don't think would look so clean.

In either case, if kit size really is an issue, I think the 1u R3 Code key should be the first on the chopping block to make room for one of those two options. And if kit size isn't an issue — why not consider adding both options (all four keys) to replace the Code key? The 1u R3 colored mod could be used in its place anyway.

As for the legends on the proposed 1u R2 and R3 Git mods, I think Reset (to match Revert) and Show (to match Commit) would work. They're frequently used commands that aren't currently represented.

Now, an unrelated suggestion: have you considered using "Scroll" instead of "Lock" for the Scroll Lock legend, Oblotzky?
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2019, 17:04:22 by constexpr »

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #375 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 17:47:26 »
Is anyone else like me and doesn't like when the right column of 65% boards, or compact 75% and 1800 layouts, blends in too much with the Backspace, Enter, etc. column? I would have a really hard time using a colorful git mod column with git mods. Symbols of some sort would be fine. Or more git keys that are monochrome in color to add contrast.

If there's really an opportunity to change up that column then what about full colored git symbols that follow the orange/purple/gray/green/yellow/blue pattern? Or full grey symbols that alternate the legends' color pattern to match the color scheme? Any symbols that fit the theme would work as long as they make sense. (This is GMK we're talking about here, so I don't really expect much of this to make monetary sense for the group buy.)

An example of what I'm talking about in the second paragraph is what I did with SA Pulse:

e: here's an example of the first paragraph from GMK Oblivion V1 where the monochrome contrast helped with the Backspace column:

tldr; except for monochrome, novelty columns need some sort of contrast from Backspace column to keep them separate. Otherwise I'd rather stick with dedicated PgUp/etc. keys since they offer that much needed contrast.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 February 2019, 20:50:03 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #376 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 17:54:17 »
Any chance the arrow keys can use letters instead of icons? They're the only keys breaking the whole text-only style.

Offline lay0ver

« Reply #377 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 18:31:52 »
Yes please!

Offline jdkee

« Reply #378 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 18:33:37 »
Yes, another run of this would be fantastic!

Offline michaelpopp

« Reply #379 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 21:53:22 »
I'm definitely in as well!

Offline Mainian

« Reply #380 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 00:58:12 »
I'm in for an assembly for sure, got to get a ergo kit to fit my r1 :p.

For assembly, it seems like you you should be able to swap out the alphas for the version that you would prefer.

Also, I've always prefered the white alphas to the grays alphas.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 February 2019, 00:59:59 by Mainian »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #381 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 17:36:17 »
It kinda has that...
R1 Home
R2 Page up
R3 Page down
R4 End

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do:

`
del
pgup
pgdn
->

Offline Zilleon

« Reply #382 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 22:19:56 »
Looks awesome!
I hope the Colevrak kits go through, come on let's make our voices heard Colevrakers!

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #383 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 23:26:54 »
in. May I ask if oblivion alphas and space cadet alphas have the same color?

Offline ganymede

« Reply #384 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 23:43:27 »
Count me in. Any chance of doubling up on the 1.5u Super and Meta keys (2 of each) so I can do something like a HHKB/M0110 layout?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #386 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 01:52:54 »

Same base color (gray) but different legend color (off-white vs beige)

Count me in. Any chance of doubling up on the 1.5u Super and Meta keys (2 of each) so I can do something like a HHKB/M0110 layout?

Show Image

Too niche, one of each is already special

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #387 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 02:37:51 »

Huh, I didn't even realize. What's the reason for the different colors?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #388 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 04:17:56 »

Huh, I didn't even realize. What's the reason for the different colors?

They are simply different colorways.

Offline uood5

« Reply #389 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 05:28:50 »
+1 for NorDeUK and Colevrak, looking forward to this :)

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #390 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 10:37:00 »

out of curiosity, if possible could you make a render with oblivion monochrome mods and space cadet alphas? thanks in advance!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #391 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 14:44:38 »
I'm so in for this.

For what its worth, I would want an all gray base with light legends and the option to add on mods with the git colors. But, no matter how you end up splitting up the kits... you're gonna get my wallet here.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 15:00:25 »
This is my ideal scenario as well. There would be 3 bases, but this is looking popular enough to not matter. And while less price drops would be achieved, it's seems like it's already going to be pretty reasonable to begin with. Having the option to pair Oblivion mods with either Hagoromo or Grey alphas (not at the expensive of a Git mod base, but in addition to) would be very nice.

There doesn't need to be 3 base sets. Just Grey+Git and Hagoromo+OG. I'm proposing to just have a monochrome mod kit rather than a full monochrome base set. One of the reasons Oblotzky wanted to have a monochrome base set was so that people could make Mono+Hagoromo with just 2 kits. This can still be achieved with the sets I listed as well as a Mono+grey alphas set.

Edit:
- So these two base sets
Show Image

- And a monchrome mod kit like this from r1
Show Image

Agree

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #393 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 15:06:01 »
This is my ideal scenario as well. There would be 3 bases, but this is looking popular enough to not matter. And while less price drops would be achieved, it's seems like it's already going to be pretty reasonable to begin with. Having the option to pair Oblivion mods with either Hagoromo or Grey alphas (not at the expensive of a Git mod base, but in addition to) would be very nice.

There doesn't need to be 3 base sets. Just Grey+Git and Hagoromo+OG. I'm proposing to just have a monochrome mod kit rather than a full monochrome base set. One of the reasons Oblotzky wanted to have a monochrome base set was so that people could make Mono+Hagoromo with just 2 kits. This can still be achieved with the sets I listed as well as a Mono+grey alphas set.

Edit:
- So these two base sets
Show Image

Show Image

Agree

Disagree because it forces you to buy 2 base kits if you want git+hagoromo or regular text + oblivion alphas

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 20:13:03 »
Are the arrow icons intended? Hope not  :p

Offline appaboy

« Reply #395 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 20:39:27 »

If this set changes to text arrows it'd be a deal killer for me
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #396 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 21:11:17 »

If this set changes to text arrows it'd be a deal killer for me

Prefer arrows icons on GMK sets.  That said, perhaps Monochrome will look better with text arrows.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #397 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 23:57:57 »

Edit:
- So these two base sets
Show Image

Show Image

Agree

Disagree because it forces you to buy 2 base kits if you want git+hagoromo or regular text + oblivion alphas
Is this based on GMK Oblivion V1 numbers?

I.e. I'm guessing :

Grey base sold most.
Mono mods sold second.
Hagoromo base sold third.

Therefore, it makes sense to split Hagoromo off into a kit (less popular pays more money), and provide mono base (more popular saves money).

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #398 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 00:22:55 »
Are we serious about these 2 base kits? Didn't we learn anything from the GMK Carbon R2?

This second kit is totally pointless. Kits were totally fine so i stopped to follow the IC, but now this... Oblotzky this will just split the moq and increase the price.
You know the Git Base Kit is far more popular and the second kit is also way too similar to the Modern Dolch without accents which happened recently.

Not sure why this decision, but i hope you can change mind. Even a monochrome double base kit is a bad decision (every double base kit is a bad decision) but it would be less pointless than this. 

« Last Edit: Wed, 06 February 2019, 00:24:30 by KaosJ »

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 00:50:10 »
I think there should be one base kit with git mods in it as git mods are truest to the set theme. All other alphas and mods could be in their own separate kits. I agree that splitting the base kits will harm both the monochrome and git mod base kits. Please reconsider the base kit situation oblotzky.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard