Author Topic: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com  (Read 295826 times)

Offline dallman5

Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2
« Reply #550 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 18:50:33 »
I'm a bit disappointed to see the monochrome base go, personally.  I'll be on the fence come GB time, as this will likely increase my intended order cost too much for me. 
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #551 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 18:53:45 »
I'm a bit disappointed to see the monochrome base go, personally.  I'll be on the fence come GB time, as this will likely increase my intended order cost too much for me.

Yeah, it wasn't a lighthearted decision, but with the regular mods coming back it made the most sense like this IMO. It's a loss for the Monochrome lovers, but a gain for the Hagoromo ones. Without going full split on everything, there will always be a group that is at a disadvantage I'm afraid.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #552 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 19:03:53 »
Smol update. I'm ignoring the Numpad situation for now, this kit update is with the assumption that I'm keeping it in the base. Regular modifiers are back, Monochrome Base kicked and instead we have Monochrome Modifiers like in V1. Mod kits and Hagoromo alphas can be bought to fill 60%/HHKB, and since someone will be asking: I will not add nav keys&arrows to add 65% to that list. Git Base + 1 Mod Kit + Hagoromo Alphas seem like a great deal to fill a TKL and a 65% for example.

The NorDeUK kit has not been updated yet, regular mods would need to be added to it to stay in its current form, but I'm working out what coverage that kit should end up having first so I don't want to bother updating it right now.

I've updated the first post, but you can check the important kits here:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Really nice update! 
I agree on all the kits and i think you made the best choices to make happy the majority of people, hopefully there will not be a fight for the Hagoromo alphas now.

Thanks for ignoring the numpad kit split meme for now, would be cool if you keep the kits exactly this way, these are just perfect, good job Oblotzky  :thumb:

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #553 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 19:16:27 »
Smol update.

Seems like a good way to compromise.

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #554 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 19:24:12 »
Smol update. I'm ignoring the Numpad situation for now, this kit update is with the assumption that I'm keeping it in the base. Regular modifiers are back, Monochrome Base kicked and instead we have Monochrome Modifiers like in V1. Mod kits and Hagoromo alphas can be bought to fill 60%/HHKB, and since someone will be asking: I will not add nav keys&arrows to add 65% to that list. Git Base + 1 Mod Kit + Hagoromo Alphas seem like a great deal to fill a TKL and a 65% for example.

The NorDeUK kit has not been updated yet, regular mods would need to be added to it to stay in its current form, but I'm working out what coverage that kit should end up having first so I don't want to bother updating it right now.

I've updated the first post, but you can check the important kits here:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Really nice update! 
I agree on all the kits and i think you made the best choices to make happy the majority of people, hopefully there will not be a fight for the Hagoromo alphas now.

Thanks for ignoring the numpad kit split meme for now, would be cool if you keep the kits exactly this way, these are just perfect, good job Oblotzky  :thumb:

+1 really nice update.  Well balanced and considerate decisions!  :thumb:

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #555 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 19:59:01 »
Really liking the update - did you mean that Base + 1 Mod kit + 1 hagomoro alphas can fill TKL and 60? 
I’m confused.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #556 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 20:07:05 »
Really liking the update - did you mean that Base + 1 Mod kit + 1 hagomoro alphas can fill TKL and 60? 
I’m confused.

A base kit can fill any TKL, 60, 65%, etc. He means if you wanted a different set of mods and/or the hagoromo alphas but are missing the arrows from base.

Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #557 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 20:34:00 »
I’m confused.

A base kit can fill any TKL, 60, 65%, etc. He means if you wanted a different set of mods and/or the hagoromo alphas but are missing the arrows from base.

From Oblotzky:
 “Git Base + 1 Mod Kit + Hagoromo Alphas seem like a great deal to fill a TKL and a 65% for example.”
I follow his logic, and yours, I just think there’s a typo.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #558 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 21:00:51 »
From Oblotzky:
 “Git Base + 1 Mod Kit + Hagoromo Alphas seem like a great deal to fill a TKL and a 65% for example.”
I follow his logic, and yours, I just think there’s a typo.

Oh right, since you'd only have 1 set of arrows to utilize so can't have both TKL and 65% but instead TKL and 60%.

Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #559 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 21:15:58 »
And now I'm in -- needed those colored but regular mods.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #560 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 21:20:06 »
Great to see that original mods are back. As raised by another member earlier, will it not be economical if original kit is offered with hagoromo alphas. Again that may please those who want a particular kit of their liking(count me in those), but folks who may want base + hagoromo will not be happy for cost issues again. The compromises one must make....I was planning to be out of GMK game after Striker, but I  will have to bite on this one as well and go for base+original mods, may have to kiss hagoromo off to kleep the cost low and use alphas from carbon to get similar effect.

Offline caxplrr

« Reply #561 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 21:43:52 »
Thank you, Oblotzky, for bringing back colored mods. So glad to see them back in V2. Looking like base + colored mods + hagoromo alphas + maybe monochrome mods for me with the new kits. Onto getting a mx board to put this on...
fc660c / [incoming] fc980c / dell at101w

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #562 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 22:35:31 »
Love the kit updates. Looks like I'll be getting quite a few. Very happy to see the normal colored mods back.

Offline piit79

« Reply #563 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 23:27:32 »
Awesome! The GB can't come soon enough ;) Will definitely be ordering.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #564 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 01:31:11 »
Probably the first time I'll throw down on multiple sets, can't wait.
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Cannon Keys Satisfaction 75
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #565 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 02:35:08 »
Woohoo, absolutely love the update Oblotzky! :thumb: I'll likely be in for Base, Reg. Mods and Mono Mods. I wish we could get the red accents back, but I'll pick my battles because I think I've made enough noise already, lol.

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #566 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 04:13:30 »
Now it's definitely certainly that Git mods is not gonna be a rare kit  ^-^

+1 for regular mods in the base set.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #567 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 06:08:17 »
Signature banner, thanks biip:

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=99174.0][img width=480 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/EbHnoiR.png[/img][/url]

Offline ian13

« Reply #568 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 06:36:49 »
Is the hagoromo alpha close to WS2 in GMK color or is it a custom white color?  Maybe this has been asked and answered before but I can't seem to find it. If it was addressed before, maybe someone can provide a link? Thank you!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #569 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 07:14:00 »
Is the hagoromo alpha close to WS2 in GMK color or is it a custom white color?  Maybe this has been asked and answered before but I can't seem to find it. If it was addressed before, maybe someone can provide a link? Thank you!

Hagoromo Alphas are CP, a stock color.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #570 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 09:45:34 »
Fantastic update, can't wait to get in on a base kit.

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #571 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 11:25:29 »
+1 on the update. 100% in on Regular mods + Hagoromo  :thumb:

Offline gabbbe

« Reply #572 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 12:08:28 »
+1 on the update. 100% in on Regular mods + Hagoromo  :thumb:
1+ here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Hyperdimension

« Reply #573 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 12:40:09 »
Damn. I approve of the regular mod kit 200%.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #574 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 15:42:49 »
Git Base + 1 Mod Kit + Hagoromo Alphas seem like a great deal to fill a TKL and a 65% for example.

Unfortunately this isnt the case, as a Git Base + 1 Colored Regular Mod Kit + Hagoromo Alphas will be able to fill a TKL OR a 65% - not both, as there is only one set of arrow keys.

Mod kits and Hagoromo alphas can be bought to fill 60%/HHKB, and since someone will be asking: I will not add nav keys&arrows to add 65% to that list.

Welp, hate to be that guy. :-X

No matter the outcome, I applaud your willingness to listening to feedback. The addition of the Colored Regular Mods in particular is fantastic, but please include a set of arrows and basic nav keys to make Colored Regular Mod Kit + Hagoromo Alphas viable on a 65%.

Having to buy an entire Base Kit just for a set of arrow/nav keys is less than ideal.

Offline Javelin

« Reply #575 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 15:43:14 »
Smol update. Mainly, I removed the red accents from Monochrome Base Kit. They were overlapping with GMK Honeywell too much.

I will continue keeping this updated and improved upon.

Can you consider adding an alternative color to replace the red caps? 

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #576 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 15:44:45 »
Git Base Kit all the way!  :thumb:

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #577 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 15:56:12 »
Smol update. Mainly, I removed the red accents from Monochrome Base Kit. They were overlapping with GMK Honeywell too much.

I am very happy with how the blue accents look with both gray and white alphas, so currently there are no plans for adding other accent colors.

Offline gabbbe

« Reply #578 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 16:03:39 »

I am very happy with how the blue accents look with both gray and white alphas, so currently there are no plans for adding other accent colors.

Show Image

Show Image

The blue is amazing!

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #579 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 16:07:15 »
The blue from the monochrome kit is the same blue with space cadet correct?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #580 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 16:10:24 »
The blue from the monochrome kit is the same blue with space cadet correct?

Correct. The legend color will be the new beige though as all the other monochrome mods and gray alphas.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #581 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 18:26:07 »
Sorry if it has been answered, but what is the colour code for mods?

Offline ian13

« Reply #582 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 20:25:25 »

Hagoromo Alphas are CP, a stock color.

Oof, nice! I actually prefer CP or WS1 than the cooler WS2. It just looks like it's the cooler white in the renders (sorry about my eyes or maybe it's my monitor?) :)) As for the mono and grey alpha legends, will you be using GMK U9?
Thank you for the clarification!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 February 2019, 20:34:07 by ian13 »

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #583 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 20:59:44 »
if its like SA Oblivion, they're definitely warm, almost retro colours. Especially the off white on the grey alphas!

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #584 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 22:18:05 »
While I would personally prefer the regular colored mods to be in the base kit (rather than git mods), even if it doesn’t change I will still be buying base kit + regular mods + hagaromo. Because it looks awesome. Thanks O!

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #585 on: Tue, 19 February 2019, 23:19:33 »
I’m so happy to see the colored mods included. Count me in!

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #586 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 00:08:39 »

Welp, hate to be that guy. :-X

No matter the outcome, I applaud your willingness to listening to feedback. The addition of the Colored Regular Mods in particular is fantastic, but please include a set of arrows and basic nav keys to make Colored Regular Mod Kit + Hagoromo Alphas viable on a 65%.

Having to buy an entire Base Kit just for a set of arrow/nav keys is less than ideal.

Agree with all of this. Adding arrow and nav keys to be able to build up to a 65% with Mod + Alpha would be pretty cool. It's only a few keys away from a lot more coverage. And there are so many 65% in the pipeline currently.

Either way I'm in for quite a few kits though.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2019, 02:13:31 by AlcoholEnthusiast »

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #587 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 00:16:50 »
I love that the answer to the arrows question was preempted and answered already lol.

Entertaining the idea, would said set of arrows also need to be included on the monochrome mods for people that want those with hagoromo? It would add to the cost of anyone that just wants a base kit with either of the other mod kits, since they need to purchase a kit that has an extra set of arrows now too. Maybe there can be a separate text arrows kit? Include it with a GMK Obivion vim kit and we're golden. :thumb:

I'm really happy with the current kits though. Thank you Oblotzky for the update!
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2019, 01:16:20 by fatpolomanjr »

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #588 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 09:17:34 »

Entertaining the idea, would said set of arrows also need to be included on the monochrome mods for people that want those with hagoromo? It would add to the cost of anyone that just wants a base kit with either of the other mod kits, since they need to purchase a kit that has an extra set of arrows now too. Maybe there can be a separate text arrows kit?

I was reading through the thread and looking at the update and thinking something similar. Adding an additional arrows set and F5-F8 set to either hagoromo or the mono kit would let 65/75 board owners buy those two addon kits, and get a compatible monochrome kit.

Seems a little silly, but I'm sure some people (myself included) would appreciate it. I understand the goal is to minimize the number of options/kits, and I appreciate using real sales data to guide kit selection.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #589 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 09:28:22 »
Cant wait so long, any possibility of moving up the drop date? GMK Wavez is no longer on MD, this should open up the calendar.

Offline bengine

« Reply #590 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 09:30:06 »
Cant wait so long, any possibility of moving up the drop date? GMK Wavez is no longer on MD, this should open up the calendar.

Heard there’s already replacement for GMK Wavez slot at MD.

Offline mimalik

« Reply #591 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 09:56:26 »

Now now, share the candy. You cant say something like this and not give details  :p

Offline RDaneelOlivaw

• Don't Panic.
« Reply #592 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 10:36:52 »
I have always wanted a set of this, so I will definitely buy once the GB goes live. Thanks so much for re-running it.
He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #593 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 10:52:41 »
Hope GB starts tomorrow.
The end of Q2 is too far for us.

Offline befbef

« Reply #594 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 10:57:32 »

Now now, share the candy. You cant say something like this and not give details  :p

Has Eclipse taken the slot?

@Oblotzky:
Have you thought about making the Cadet kits full alpha kits?
It hurts having to buy another alpha kit and throwing away 90% of it.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #595 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 16:31:17 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96427.msg2726454#msg2726454

Hagoromo Cadet has been moved out of MAYBE so that GMK Striker fans can rejoice.

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2019, 16:37:19 by Oblotzky »

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #596 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 04:13:15 »
I will buy 2 NORDEUK Kits to make that Kit happen.

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #597 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 04:16:59 »
give me the slurps chief

Offline Moac

« Reply #598 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 05:04:33 »
I would gladly purchase a set , when can I expect to be able to purchase these?

Offline maximize

« Reply #599 on: Thu, 21 February 2019, 10:01:48 »
I would gladly purchase a set , when can I expect to be able to purchase these?

Read the very first page of the IC. Massdrop end of Q2 2019.