Author Topic: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com  (Read 297992 times)

Offline Kawamashi

Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2
« Reply #650 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 04:23:25 »
I'm absolutely against splitting off the numpad. I think the idea of a GMK base kit having 30+ extra compatibility keys but not even covering a standard ANSI 104 board is just bizarre and backwards.

Other than that issue, I just want to express my support for this set. I love SA Oblivion and can't want to get a matching GMK set; I'll probably buy both the base kit and Assembly kit to cover my Prime_L.. Depending on how the final kits shake out, I may even consider selling my GMK Space Cadet to get the Hagoromo and/or Space Cadet kits.  :D

I completely agree with you, removing numpad for a major drop like this one is nonsense, and against GMK kits pricing philosophy.

I'll probably get a base kit, the assembly kit and the cadet alphas.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 February 2019, 04:53:13 by Kawamashi »

Offline harlekein

« Reply #651 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 05:13:42 »
ITT: People with full sized layouts arguing for numpad and TKL or less against. Shocking.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #652 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 06:27:09 »
That being said, I still have suggestions / am wondering about two keys in the base kit:
  • R1 Lock (Scroll Lock) – Consider using Scroll instead?
  • R3 Code – Is this key intended to cover anything other than the extra key on Uniqey C70?

Just my 2c, but it also serves as a catch all key for 65/70 keyboards that might not want an incorrect legend on that key.

Do you have an example of a common 65%/75% setup that's not covered by the keys already in the set (R3 PgDn, R3 PgUp)?
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 February 2019, 06:43:43 by constexpr »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #653 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 07:05:06 »
Petition to change "regular modifier" kit into Icon modifier kit!  :cool:

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #654 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 07:07:25 »

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #655 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 07:12:12 »
Is it possible to add red "esc+enter*2" to the monochrome modifier kit just like SA profile?
Really love to use red and blue by turns so far with SA Oblivion.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #656 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 13:57:20 »

Show Image

Petition to "No."

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #657 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 13:58:40 »
I'm absolutely against splitting off the numpad. I think the idea of a GMK base kit having 30+ extra compatibility keys but not even covering a standard ANSI 104 board is just bizarre and backwards.

Other than that issue, I just want to express my support for this set. I love SA Oblivion and can't want to get a matching GMK set; I'll probably buy both the base kit and Assembly kit to cover my Prime_L.. Depending on how the final kits shake out, I may even consider selling my GMK Space Cadet to get the Hagoromo and/or Space Cadet kits.  :D

This.

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #658 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 15:41:54 »
It's 2019 baby the hobbies evolved. More people have boards without numpads than do now, by a significant enough margin that catering to those people is at least a consideration. Yeah it sucks if you're a numpad user you gotta pay more but it's not any more noble of a payment than people right now who buy GMK base kits and never use their current numpads. There's nothing backwards about it at all.
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #659 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 16:18:24 »
It's 2019 baby the hobbies evolved. More people have boards without numpads than do now, by a significant enough margin that catering to those people is at least a consideration. Yeah it sucks if you're a numpad user you gotta pay more but it's not any more noble of a payment than people right now who buy GMK base kits and never use their current numpads. There's nothing backwards about it at all.

Sure so GMK will be the next SA. 

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #660 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 17:27:47 »
as expected ace is wrong yet again

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #661 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 18:25:40 »

Sure so GMK will be the next SA.

Nice vision.
Is it good or bad?

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #662 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 19:25:35 »
That combined Ergodox Planck set is pretty neato.

Even if it costs more than the base kit, it can cover almost any hacked up ergo layout I can conceive of (a shame the kinesis has 1.25u side keys instead if 1u or 1.5u, but getting the 1u sides keys combined with the thumb keys is really nice)

Offline Pejano

« Reply #663 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 09:36:45 »
Since I got into this hobby last year, this is the key set I've been waiting for, so thank you!

I've read through most of this thread but haven't seen it mentioned: Any plans to re-produce this in SA profile?

To add to the interest check, I am definitely in and this is the type of buyer I am:

• I'm a Windows\Linux software engineer based in the UK - so I prefer the ISO UK layout.
  • Currently own a 65% ANSI keyboard but it's not ideal for programming, so eventually would be using this on a full size keyboard. Yes - including number pad! I am a lot more efficient typing numbers on a number pad and debugging code with function keys. It makes sense for me to use these key caps on a full size keyboard.
  • I don't mind buying a NorDeUK kit to complete the ISO UK layout but obviously that means it has to happen. Otherwise the kits only cater for ANSI layouts and that completely alienates your European market. Also it looks like you're missing a R4 backslash\pipe key.
  • The Git modifiers are part of the theme and is the unique selling point so it makes complete sense to keep these in the base kit. I won't be programming the keys and it looks like there's a good range (commands, colours and sizes) to cater for most layouts.
  • I use dark themes for my IDEs (I'm a night owl!) so I am happy with the base kit, but I will most likely pick up the Hagoromo Alphas for variation.

Offline equalunique

« Reply #664 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 15:03:59 »
GMK Oblivion R2 has surpassed my expectations - this set is exciting! I'm in for an Assembly/ErgoPlanck set, maybe Colevrak if it happens, and the Cadet alpha kits are exciting too. Those last two kits are incompatible & I lament missing out on 2018's GMK Space Cadet when all these kits worked together.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #665 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 00:24:02 »
GMK Oblivion R2 has surpassed my expectations - this set is exciting! I'm in for an Assembly/ErgoPlanck set, maybe Colevrak if it happens, and the Cadet alpha kits are exciting too. Those last two kits are incompatible & I lament missing out on 2018's GMK Space Cadet when all these kits worked together.

Expectation surpassed for sure! Cant wait

Offline harlekein

« Reply #666 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 03:03:15 »
How is what he posted wrong?

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] GMK Oblivion V2
« Reply #667 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 10:14:31 »

He or she was right though. How many full-sized custom kits are currently under active ICs or GBs right now? Most recently, I can only recall the Elephant. Maybe the various 1800 kits count too?

Realforce released an R2, and the first few questions were “Yes yes cool but TKL when?”.

The truth is, I find it very surprising that 100% boards are so loved, considering:
- Most people these days buy laptops with compact keyboards, not desktops. Hell, most people buy smartphones and their only computers are company-issued.
- Most people are not accountants or programmers.
- The one distinction of this hobby has always been weird tiny keyboards.

Of course it’s PERFECTLY fine if you’re into full-sized keyboards, but surely you can see that you’re part of a minority.

Honestly, the way I see it, we’ve been doing base kits with numpads for a long time now. We recently have one data point - thanks, GMK Jamón - that base kits with no numpad can still do well. Why not experiment with this idea some more? The more data points we have, the better decisions we can make.k
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 10:22:07 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #668 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 11:20:02 »
You guys seem to be forgetting that this set will be sold on Massdrop, not via a Google form in a Geekhack thread where indeed 95% of people entering don’t have a numpad. Just check on SA Oblivion how numpad and specialty kits performed against each other.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #669 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 15:47:28 »
Just check on SA Oblivion how numpad and specialty kits performed against each other.

This, 36% of the people who got the alphas, also got a numpad.  Also i believe there are people that skipped numpad even if they would prefer it in a gmk set (aka they have keyboards with a numpad and without, but they opted out to spend less). So at least 40% of Massdrop people would prefer a numpad.
That's a big amount. I would like to remind that in a full GMK set there are a lot of less used keys, a lot less popular than a numpad, if we follow the split logic we could start to remove other keys as well, keycaps that are literally unusued from most of the people. 

Also people keeps thinking about this because they saw the Jamon, but apparently aren't considering what will happen outside massdrop with lower MOQs if the split meme will start to take over GMK.   Just take a look at the GMK Minimal, a single color set is $110 and €110  in EU ($125), while full sets like GMK Calm Depths with many more keys was $125 and €130 in EU. Splitting is just bad and the numpad is pretty popular. 

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #670 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 16:38:41 »
What's the MOQ of GMK Minimal and what was the MOQ of GMK Calm Depths? Also, did those sets have the same vendors and designers? I don't think you can make an apples to apples comparison between the two.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #671 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 16:45:07 »
You guys seem to be forgetting that this set will be sold on Massdrop, not via a Google form in a Geekhack thread where indeed 95% of people entering don’t have a numpad. Just check on SA Oblivion how numpad and specialty kits performed against each other.

Sure, but I feel you still have to be pretty enthusiast-level to spend 150$ on a keyset. Random Person X with their Red Dragon probably isn't dropping this much on a keyset, numpad or not.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #672 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 17:10:56 »

you can also look at jamon
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #673 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 17:29:44 »

Why did so many who bought Jámon not opt for a numpad since it was sold on Massdrop?

Maybe a poll should be setup either here or on Massdrop to help clear up the confusion. 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #674 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 17:55:48 »

Why did so many who bought Jámon not opt for a numpad since it was sold on Massdrop?

Maybe a poll should be setup either here or on Massdrop to help clear up the confusion.

because they don't need the numpad
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #675 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 18:16:01 »
30% (250/846) bought a Jamon numpad.
36% (570/1590) bought either a SA Hagoromo or Oblivion numpad.

Both were $30 at the quantities reached. If Jamon's numbers were split into a Hagoromo and an Oblivion numpad that didn't reach 150 orders, that would be $38 per numpad kit. GMK Oblivion with a numpad will be, what, $115-135 after drops? With a split numpad this goes up to the $140-150 range for numpad buyers. Will this price difference affect the average buyer on massdrop?

e: That is, does the difference affect the non "keyboard-enthusiast" that doesnt drop $150 on a keyset?
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 21:21:02 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #676 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 18:17:10 »
double post

Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #677 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 18:19:03 »

Not a whole lot of people use numpad these days. I am still ok buying a base kit with numpad but I will never use it.
This comes back to whether you want to have people who don't want numpad subside people who need numpad.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 18:21:10 by oldcat »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #678 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 18:24:09 »
What's the MOQ of GMK Minimal and what was the MOQ of GMK Calm Depths? Also, did those sets have the same vendors and designers? I don't think you can make an apples to apples comparison between the two.

Both drops at 500 units, the MOQ to make the set happen is just smaller for the Minimal because it has less keycaps (always less keycaps == smaller moq to make the set happen). But still the price drops at 500 units for both. 
Is not nice to compare them i agree, but splitting increases prices. 

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #679 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 18:31:24 »

Both were $30 at the quantities reached. If Jamon's numbers were split into a Hagoromo and an Oblivion numpad that didn't reach 150 orders, that would be $38 per numpad kit. GMK Oblivion with a numpad will be, what, $115-135 after drops? With a split numpad this goes up to the $140-150 range for numpad buyers. Will this price difference affect the average buyer on massdrop?

Apart that you are forgetting the ISO which is included in the base kit, sure increasing price to numpad users would affect the drop.
GMK Carbon could be a clear example, introducing r0-r5 and making it more expensive was clearly a bad idea, even the most hyped keyset failed at that price, and that price is what who picks up a splitted base+numpad +iso has to pay (the current base set) 

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #680 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 18:46:49 »

Apart that you are forgetting the ISO which is included in the base kit, sure increasing price to numpad users would affect the drop.
GMK Carbon could be a clear example, introducing r0-r5 and making it more expensive was clearly a bad idea, even the most hyped keyset failed at that price, and that price is what who picks up a splitted base+numpad +iso has to pay (the current base set)

I dont think we need to be too worried as this will be on MD. Push it to 2000 sets and we will get a pretty low price with numpads and all.
Of course for those who want this to be 89 dollars it will not be possible without separating some kits

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #681 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 19:30:00 »
I dont think we need to be too worried as this will be on MD.

Except we do need to worry, since both Jamon and SA Oblivion were on massdrop too. Though I agree with you that it would be less expensive to keep numpad in the base set due to such high order numbers. The split numpad will cost more for numpad users, and as KaosJ points out even a titan GMK set like Carbon struggled with certain split off kits.

Offline sadmachine

« Reply #682 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 20:11:42 »

+1 for num pad incl. in base.  Just my 2c. Can't wait. Thanks Oblotzky.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #683 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 20:23:50 »

32% (501/1590) bought one of the Extension kits on SA Oblivion.
Yes, lower than 36% for Numpad kits.
If we apply the blind popularity/economics rule, we should be splitting off Extension kits first. Doh!
I'd guess that would face vocal opposition especially in this forum.  It would show this forum doesn't represent the buyers overall.
Saving a few bucks shouldn't drive decision making here.  30%+ is very high number and is fully inline with the spirit of broad coverage for GMK base sets.  We all benefited from the GMK base set broad coverage and pricing.  Plus, we have a nice situation of being able to compare bundle (GMK) and a la carte (SP) pricing.  Why start to unravel that?

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #684 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 20:36:37 »

huh? Don't think thats how gmk moq works. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but what I've seen is standard gmk colors = 150moq, custom colours = 250moq. More keys only affect the price not the moq.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #685 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 21:11:00 »
32% (501/1590) bought one of the Extension kits on SA Oblivion.
Yes, lower than 36% for Numpad kits.
If we apply the blind popularity/economics rule, we should be splitting off Extension kits first. Doh!
I'd guess that would face vocal opposition especially in this forum.  It would show this forum doesn't represent the buyers overall.
Saving a few bucks shouldn't drive decision making here.  30%+ is very high number and is fully inline with the spirit of broad coverage for GMK base sets.  We all benefited from the GMK base set broad coverage and pricing.  Plus, we have a nice situation of being able to compare bundle (GMK) and a la carte (SP) pricing.  Why start to unravel that?

Exactly. Excellent point and very well stated. My question about the $140-150 price for the average user with a numpad was in response to the non "enthusiast-level" keyboard fans "not willing to drop $150 on a keyset anyways", whereas they're more likely to buy the set if it is in the $115-135 range.

For the record: I'm all for keeping the numpad in the base kit. Penny wise but pound fool to remove it. I don't even own an 1800 or full size keyboard, but I did make a numpad out of my let's split and was really grateful for having matching numpad keys.

huh? Don't think thats how gmk moq works. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but what I've seen is standard gmk colors = 150moq, custom colours = 250moq. More keys only affect the price not the moq.

I'm going off of the numbers for GMK Jamon and GMK Carbon, which was 100 MOQ for anything not in the base kits. It seems that rule only applies to base kits, since both of those had 250 MOQ. And it isn't just more keys that affect the price, but the drop points for higher order quantities that lower it as well. My estimates were projecting prices for the hypothetical quantities ordered, based on Jamon and SA Oblivion numbers. For example:

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:19:54 by fatpolomanjr »

Offline omjak

« Reply #686 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 21:37:30 »
Unrelated to the splitting numpad topic but related to kit costs, I'm more concerned about the lack of arrows kit for those who are willing to pay premium for regular mods + hagoromo kits... there's no saving money here, we are paying significant premium for that type of customization.

The lack of arrows for that kit combination surely works for 60% layout users, but the users of 65/75/87/96/100% layouts are suffering - it's just 4 extra keys.  I understand the intention here, but no one in the right mind would pay for full core kit just to have matching arrows, it's simpler/cheaper to get the core kit only (even if not ideal color combination), or to source the arrows from another set w/ different color ways and have them stand out as arrows/directional cluster (no longer the intended "pure" look but financially reasonable.) 

If extra set of arrows were included in the core set, it might encourage users to also get reg mods + hagoromo to make a complete 2nd set... likewise for those who are interested in the reg mods + hagoromo look, to get the core kit and make 2 complete sets.  (Complete sets are not waste of money, partial sets are.)  Sure this would drive the cost of the core kit (by 4 extra keys) to those who don't intend on getting mods+hagoromo, but it's only 4 keys... Obviously adding arrows to standalone kit, or part of the mod kits would also be welcoming alternatives for many.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #687 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 21:48:05 »
If extra set of arrows were included in the core set, it might encourage users to also get reg mods + hagoromo to make a complete 2nd set... likewise for those who are interested in the reg mods + hagoromo look, to get the core kit and make 2 complete sets.  (Complete sets are not waste of money, partial sets are.)  Sure this would drive the cost of the core kit (by 4 extra keys) to those who don't intend on getting mods+hagoromo, but it's only 4 keys... Obviously adding arrows to standalone kit, or part of the mod kits would also be welcoming alternatives for many.

Is throwing in 4 arrow keys enough to cover a 65% keyboard though? With just regular mods + hagoromo, you're missing keys for the right column for a 65%.

Offline omjak

« Reply #688 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 21:55:47 »
You're right... when paired w/ core, it would help complete 65/75%

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #689 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:00:51 »
I will definitely try to make at least 2 boards with this. Some combinations will work.
Hope we push to 2000 sets and price breaks can be achieved. I was a bit unhappy with the price of Carbon R2 but it is what it is and I always join :)

Offline mrkantz

« Reply #690 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:17:18 »
Let's just split off the numpad and put it with the minivan compatibility kit and the 4th 'b' key.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #691 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:24:42 »
You're right... when paired w/ core, it would help complete 65/75%

I see. Any 65 or 75% keyboard is going to take the same right column keys out of the core, so without extra novelties or artisans to fill in the gaps, the second board using the extra arrows is going to be deficient of a few keys no matter which way you cut it. The only combination I could see this working for is with a board that doesn't have navigation like 1800 layout, paired with a 65/75% board and hagoromo+regular mods. That combination of boards would use both arrow kits while not clashing over the navigation column keys.

Pretty niche scenario to add to the cost of every base kit, but it's not like other gmk sets don't have alternative/accent arrows in the base or a separate kit. I personally would love a set of text arrows and/or vimkeys! Just not with the intent of filling out a 65% and some other board with both, since that would be frustrating without buying a second base kit.

Let's just split off the numpad and put it with the minivan compatibility kit and the 4th 'b' key.

This comment gets funnier every time I reread it. ^-^
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:43:45 by fatpolomanjr »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #692 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:36:35 »
Looking at Numpad kit take rates in these Massdrop sets, one could argue it benefits the majority to offer Numpad as a separate kit.  But as a 104 user, I'm all for including Numpad in Base.

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 23:41:04 by dvorcol »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #693 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:39:37 »
Looking at Numpad kit take rates in these Massdrop sets, it benefits the majority to offer Numpad as a separate kit.

Show Image

Wow, you are the data viz man!

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #694 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:41:06 »
Looking at Numpad kit take rates in these Massdrop sets, it benefits the majority to offer Numpad as a separate kit.

Show Image

tl;dr You can make the same graph and argument for extension/tsangan keys, which would be felt by those it affects just as badly as numpad users.

-----------------------------------

Can you create a similar graph with the Extension/Tsangan kits? I'm curious to see if the 32% number that OracleKev cited for SA Oblivion also holds for other sets. Which could generate a parallel narrative recommending those keys being split off from the base kit. I don't think it's fair to pull out a graph like this to conclude "it benefits the majority" to remove the numpad keys, without comparing it to a similar graph with the Extension/Tsangan keys. How truly representative of all keyboard enthusiasts are we at geekhack and on /r/mechanicalkeyboards, where 60-65% appear to be what's currently in vogue?

Taking Canvas Round 2 as an example, non-violet/wolfgang Numpad kits were 368/1734 (21.2%), whereas Text+Icons Hobbyist kits were only 219/1734 (12.6%).*

(*The total I'm using is just Alphas+Rams+Text alphas. For the Wolfgang/Manfred Viopads it was 55/253 (21.7%), so pretty similar to standard numpad proportion. The hobbyist kits might be a smaller proportion since profile is uniform, so any icons users could just mix and match base icons with Bauhaus icons to cover their tsangan layouts.)
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 March 2019, 18:22:10 by fatpolomanjr »

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #695 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 00:18:46 »
Looking at Numpad kit take rates in these Massdrop sets, one could argue it benefits the majority to offer Numpad as a separate kit.  But as a 104 user, I'm all for including Numpad in Base.

Show Image

Nice graph!  Love your work everywhere.  :thumb:
That said, you know it's just bunch of numbers without proper interpretation.  :p

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #696 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 02:30:18 »

Show Image

Based on the graph, one could also argue that numpad pick rate is significantly higher for SA, which doesn't have stupidly high split kit prices like GMK. So it might actually hurt the majority because people that want numpad won't join to pay 40$ premium.

It's just data, you can interpret it in myriad of ways ;-)

Offline whalematrontron

« Reply #697 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 03:33:08 »
can't wait to get oblivion for non-rape prices

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #698 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 04:52:59 »
+1 on keeping numpad and ISO to core kit.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #699 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 07:33:21 »

Show Image

Nice work