Author Topic: [IC] Nantucket Selectric - Modern Selectric goes sailing (SA 1-1-2-3-4-4)  (Read 102947 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [IC] Nantucket Selectric - Modern Selectric goes sailing (SA 1-1-2-3-4-4)
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 00:11:39 »
Im so ready for this

I love your username.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 23:15:23 »
Have you thought about making the up arrow keys and all the keys that are meant to be pressed by the thumbs in R3 rather than R4?
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 23:21:08 by Eric-T »

Offline torafuma

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 17:09:53 »
I know I am a nobody here, but I am really exited about this set! I really hope it becomes a GB!  :D

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 17:23:18 »
Would it be possible to use genuine Helvetica for the font, or are there copyright issues?

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
  • Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 20:15:25 »
Would it be possible to use genuine Helvetica for the font, or are there copyright issues?

SP doesn't have physical molds for Helvetica. They could be made, but it'd be pretty expensive ($45 x number of keys you want helvetica legends for.)

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:37:02 »
Have you thought about making the up arrow keys and all the keys that are meant to be pressed by the thumbs in R3 rather than R4?

Hello?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:38:14 »

Hello?

Hello!
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:40:06 »

Hello?

Hello!

Wow, that was quick.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 21:55:44 »

Hello?

Hello!

Wow, that was quick.
:thumb:
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:37:44 »

Hello?

Do you have a GH account just to ask for this feature in every IC for keycap sets? This is really not something I can ever see anyone implementing, especially in designs that have already had great success in the past.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:27:27 »

Hello?

Do you have a GH account just to ask for this feature in every IC for keycap sets? This is really not something I can ever see anyone implementing, especially in designs that have already had great success in the past.

No, I use this account for other things as well. I don't see the harm in asking for this feature in three IC threads, and if I were you I wouldn't be so sure that every designer feels the same way about this issue as you do. Also, just because something has worked in the past doesn't mean that it shouldn't be improved upon.

Now, I am only asking for concave R3 because that's the closest thing to convex R3, which I'm sure you'd prefer to R4 as well.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2015, 23:42:17 by Eric-T »

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 01:01:24 »

Hello?

Sorry, I missed your post somehow.

I've actually considered both that and R2 bottom row, but I've decided for now to stick with R4. That seems to be the most popular option, at least for now.

One of these days I will try an experimental set where I have R2 bottom row, and R2/R4 nav cluster and arrows. This is not the set I will try this with however.

Offline harlw

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 10:53:57 »
The OP image is all super-compressed again, not sure why :(
Can't see the legends.
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 17:12:55 »
Can't see the legends.

IMGUR!!  :mad: :eek: >:D

Offline Jedi

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 20:58:52 »
This set is so clean I really like it.  The only thing I wish was taken out is that splash of red paint (blood) thing goin on.  Other than that, I'm liking this alot.  Been a lurker since this one started, figured I'd better activate my watch update for when this goes live.   :thumb:

Offline harlw

« Reply #165 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 15:33:47 »
Can't see the legends.

IMGUR!!  >:( :o >:D

Here you go - http://www.harlw.com/host/full-set.jpg
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 16:26:54 »
I like the colors and design. It also appears that you have everything covered with a very complete roster of child deals.

Regarding the font, have you considered making the legends on the alpha keys somewhat larger? The current legends look smaller than those on the SA Modern Selectric or SA Penumbra sets. Perhaps this is just an optical illusion.

Offline STARLORDCOFFEE

• @watch_spike
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 02:20:15 »
Couldn't get my hands on Penumbra but now that I've seen this. I don't feel like I missed much.  :D So much Hype!

Model M              BL82          JD45          HHKB        RF

Offline 82d28a

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 09:59:16 »
Any news on when the group buy will start?

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 22:07:24 »

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy trying to get my store setup, which has not been easy between holidays and having to move hosts. I hope to have news soon.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #170 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 10:59:34 »

Sorry for the delay. I've been busy trying to get my store setup, which has not been easy between holidays and having to move hosts. I hope to have news soon.

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but are the renders representative of the true colors of the set? It looks like the keys are an off-white and not pure white. Could you post the hex colors you are using?

Offline 1deeg

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 11:06:45 »
Needs more Yellow

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 11:21:29 »
Hoping for a white whale and a holy grail keycaps :)

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 11:43:20 »
Patiently waiting for this beautiful set... any idea of when this/the store will launch skully?

Offline STARLORDCOFFEE

• @watch_spike
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 13:15:41 »

I'm not sure if this has been answered, but are the renders representative of the true colors of the set? It looks like the keys are an off-white and not pure white. Could you post the hex colors you are using?

You can reference the color here: http://www.keycapsdirect.com/abscolors.php 
 "The navy blue legends sit upon slightly creamy keys, providing a bright contrast that seems to defy the natural darkness of Navy Blue. The golden yellow of YCF on the mods brings out the handsomeness of BBI in a way that no other shade could."

I don't know exactly which color code corresponds with the "Cream" color. He might not have decided yet.

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 14:16:05 »
Patiently waiting for this beautiful set... any idea of when this/the store will launch skully?

I need to ask Melissa for finalized pricing. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen this week, too much to do. I have to move storage units because the first one turned out to be sketchier than I expected and that has to be done by Sunday, and there's the meetup at WASD tomorrow I'm still trying to get ready for. It breaks my heart to delay this set.

"The navy blue legends sit upon slightly creamy keys, providing a bright contrast that seems to defy the natural darkness of Navy Blue. The golden yellow of YCF on the mods brings out the handsomeness of BBI in a way that no other shade could."

I don't know exactly which color code corresponds with the "Cream" color. He might not have decided yet.

I had this image in the first post originally, but I took it out at some point. Here it is again so everyone can see the colors.

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #176 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 14:22:52 »
link=topic=74984.msg2000290#msg2000290 date=1452284165]

I need to ask Melissa for finalized pricing. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen this week, too much to do. I have to move storage units because the first one turned out to be sketchier than I expected and that has to be done by Sunday, and there's the meetup at WASD tomorrow I'm still trying to get ready for. It breaks my heart to delay this set.

I had this image in the first post originally, but I took it out at some point. Here it is again so everyone can see the colors.

[/quote][quote author=skullydazed

It also breaks my heart.  I'm sitting on some extra cash, and I'm looking to pick up a couple of sets (at least) this year. I really, really like this color scheme.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 14:24:24 »

Show Image

This is perfect, thank you! Looking forward to the real thing.  :D

Offline feediko

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 16:18:19 »

Here you go - http://www.harlw.com/host/full-set.jpg

Is this the final design? Because there's still the german R1 key with ? and ß missing... at least I don't see it. Please review this kit before the GB starts ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, noticed that it's still on the TODO list.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 January 2016, 16:20:08 by feediko »

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 17:46:58 »

Sounds good, with granite dropping shortly it might make sense to wait a bit to prevent going head to head.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 17:57:17 »

Sounds good, with granite dropping shortly it might make sense to wait a bit to prevent going head to head.

Phffft. That's no fun. In the epic battle between Nantucket Selectric and Granite (Round 5?) who will come out on top!? IT'S A BATTLE OF TITANS!! ONLY ON PAY-PER-VIEW!!

Offline STARLORDCOFFEE

• @watch_spike
« Reply #181 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 03:16:32 »

Phffft. That's no fun. In the epic battle between Nantucket Selectric and Granite (Round 5?) who will come out on top!? IT'S A BATTLE OF TITANS!! ONLY ON PAY-PER-VIEW!!

The Legend vs the Rookie. Will it be a repeat of the Rhonda Rousey vs Holly Holm bout!? Can matt3o topple the opponent once again!? Will Bill Cosby ever find true love?! Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 16:53:56 »

Show Image

Is there a vendor website we can subscribe to to get updates on this set (and any other future ones)?

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 17:49:37 »
Is there a vendor website we can subscribe to to get updates on this set (and any other future ones)?

This thread is where all updates will be posted. As I develop my storefront I may do something like that, but for now geekhack is the best and only place to subscribe to updates about my keysets.

Offline DaveW

• zer0knowledge
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 18:48:46 »
Man, that Amity Island add-on is killer. I can't wait for this to drop.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:14:00 »

Right? I'm itching with anticipation. First heard about this through someone on reddit when I made an artisan purchase. They said they were saving up for this set.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 13:06:20 »
just held off the granite massdrop for this & mito's new keyset thats coming  :eek:

:p  such killer sets on the way
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 13:51:07 »

yeah, that pretty much sold me on this
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline STARLORDCOFFEE

• @watch_spike
« Reply #188 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 01:21:32 »
just held off the granite massdrop for this & mito's new keyset thats coming  :eek:

I might just do the same. I've been waiting for Granite but I might just pass it up for this. I've got a while to think about it. I would really like this set on the White Fox with 67g Zeals

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 06:58:27 »

I couldn't resist Granite and both Nantucket and Godspeed are wonderful. RIP Wallet

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 12:41:48 »
Couple of more questions:

Is the set fully sculpted? I was reading around and couldn't find anything.

This is a more general question: can the SA sets be PBT? How much of a price change would that be?

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #191 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 13:16:11 »

This is a more general question: can the SA sets be PBT? How much of a price change would that be?

Can't do SA PBT.

I'm looking forward to this drop. Really digging the Amity add on.

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
    • Clueboard
« Reply #192 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 10:55:53 »

Yes, it's fully sculpted. 1-1-2-3-4-4

As whmeltonjr says, SP doesn't shoot PBT into their SA molds. I guess they get too much warpage.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 11:12:27 »
Yes, it's fully sculpted. 1-1-2-3-4-4

Whoops, that's right in the title. Thanks for the info.

Offline Howser

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 06:05:03 »
easily my most anticipated keycaps ever. checking daily for updates. thank you skullydazed!

Offline SubZeroJake

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 13:49:54 »
Will this set be ABS or PBT?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 13:51:52 »
Will this set be ABS or PBT?

ABS. There are currently no SA profile PBT key caps, and plan to ever implement it (as of yet).

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 14:37:53 »
I usualy stay away from signature plastics caps.

But I really do like this colorway.

If only it could be made in PBT cherry Profile =(

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 10:17:48 »
Captain's log
Day 236

What we thought was an island the other day was simply alienman82's mom. We ran right into it. The hull took some damage but nothing major. We continue to sail north in search of Nantucket- assuming rumors of its existance are true. Rations are low and the men are growing restless. I feel bad for the port wenches in Northern Florida (no I don't). If we don't reach our destination soon, I fear mutiny. Must.. give them hope... It has to be near. It has to. Poop deck.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 10:27:56 »
Captain's log
Day 236

What we thought was an island the other day was simply alienman82's mom. We ran right into it. The hull took some damage but nothing major. We continue to sail north in search of Nantucket- assuming rumors of its existance are true. Rations are low and the men are growing restless. I feel bad for the port wenches in Northern Florida (no I don't). If we don't reach our destination soon, I fear mutiny. Must.. give them hope... It has to be near. It has to. Poop deck.

yar.

I can't wait for this set. i must have it.
-Dana