Author Topic: Late to the granite party  (Read 3169 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Late to the granite party
« on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 12:37:57 »
Well I'm late to the party, but they sure look nice.  Finally got around to putting my granite set on a board instead of sitting in the bag they arrived in.  It's interesting to me how different they look with simple changes to the accents.  Even though blue is my favorite color, I Finally settled on this setup that seemed to look best to me. 

I also think granite alphas with purple mods would look pretty BA.  Maybe with 1 or 2 yellow accents??  I'm ordering some now so we will see.  Just wish SP offered icon mods in different colors :(

160929-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 February 2017, 12:40:31 by reececonrad »

Offline Twinguin

Re: Late to the granite party
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 13:57:49 »
Clean and nice look. Keep us posted on the yellow/purple experiment.
There is a curse. They say: May you live in interesting times!, Terry Pratchett

Popsicle KUL ES-87 (MX Blue, DSA) | Sun Ultracomputing Pok3r (MX Brown, DSA) | Nuclear WASD 100% (MX Brown, SA) | Gulf Pok3r (MX Clear, DSA) | Granite JD45 (MX Blue, DSA) | Coffee Core (MX Red, DSA) | Lime Pok3r (MX Clear, SA) | Canvas Vibe (MX Silent Red, XDA)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 17:43:37 »
Better late than never. Looks good tho man!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 19:53:49 »
Granite looks much better with all the keycaps pointing in the same direction :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 20:11:05 »
soon, I will get a set of granite.
But not before I get my PCB, I must confirm the layout. :)

and, definitely icon mods :D

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 23:04:19 »
Granite looks much better with all the keycaps pointing in the same direction :))

Well then.  Maybe my keyboard escapes differently. Maybe mine escapes to a universe of magical ponies.  You never know...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 19:51:36 »

Well then.  Maybe my keyboard escapes differently. Maybe mine escapes to a universe of magical ponies.  You never know...

Do you remember the original Granite GB, where the molds were imperfectly formed and every keycap was aligned differently?

I never did end up getting mind rectified.

Yours looks fine btw :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 20:11:41 »

Do you remember the original Granite GB, where the molds were imperfectly formed and every keycap was aligned differently?

I never did end up getting mind rectified.

Yours looks fine btw :)

Oh yeah, I have some other random DSA caps that have all kinds of issues.  I just come to expect it with SP, but these were actually the best looking caps I've ever had from them.

I thought you were talking about my escape key pointing the wrong way. But I think my way makes more sense :)