Author Topic: Minnsota/Midwest Discord community  (Read 13947 times)

Offline lilfock

Minnsota/Midwest Discord community
« on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 21:57:46 »
So ive seen the other midwest discord that you can find by searching minnesota or midwest enthusiast server but i found the channel to be extremely dead with nobody saying anything so i decided to try and revamp a new server hoping to connect with minnesotan/midwestern enthusiasts. the hope is to grow an active community with a discord for people to post questions or just talk about the hobby. my main goal is to start ogranizing meetups in the future once covid calms down or possibly just do video chat meetups where we can show setups/keebs and just chat maybe have a few drinks and have fun with people in our general area! another goal is to maybe setup the ability to trade/sell parts/keysets locally or somewhat to remove the stress of trying to sell things online
Again this is mainly targeted towards minnesota/midwest enthusiasts or beginners looking for help!

again i've been trying to find active communities online that are local but most of them are dead or removed. so if this interests you heres the discord!

https://discord.gg/Kasa4YnQSG

Offline anatworkaccount

Re: Minnsota/Midwest Discord community
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 22:00:43 »
The Minneapolis meetup is a ton of fun. Covid has just delayed us for the time being.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Offline lilfock

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 22:08:27 »
The Minneapolis meetup is a ton of fun. Covid has just delayed us for the time being.

i am aware of the local meetups and look foward to attending in the future but this post was mainly detailing there are not any active communities i can find where people are actually communicating
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2021, 22:11:37 by lilfock »

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 22:10:16 »

i am aware of the local meetups and look foward to attending in the future but this post was mainly detailing there are not any active communities i can find where people are actually communicating or aren't active whatsoever
The mn meetup discord has a lot of members but it's very dead currently because it's just for the meetup mainly. The Midwest one is pretty dead too. Hopefully we can foster an active Midwest scene.

Offline lilfock

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 22:14:44 »
yes this is the main goal im trying to get a few people to come together either in the one i made or create another one we can get an active community going.