Author Topic: Keyboards are working with new iPad  (Read 1373 times)

Offline nhwhaup

Keyboards are working with new iPad
« on: Sun, 18 March 2012, 18:54:28 »
I know that several on this forum mentioned that their keyboards didn't work with their iPads.  All my keyboards have always worked with my old iPad which was the original one and I refrained from updating to the latest software as some said the new software wouldn't allow for the additional power required to run the keyboards.  So in anticipation of getting a new iPad, I downloaded and updated all my software and apps.  All my keyboards worked fine with the old iPad and latest software.  Now I am happily typing on my new iPad and using my Poker.  I tried my Realforce and that worked fine as well.  So not sure why others have had issues - for me no problems.
Current in order of preference:  RealForce 87U Silent White with variable weighted keys X 2, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Linear Reds, Filco Number-pad, Poker with Linear Reds

Sold or returned:  Multiple Microsoft and Logitech keyboards, Das Keyboard Silent, Cherry 6140, RealForce 103UB, RealForce 86U, Filco Majestouch 2 full sized with Linear Reds

Offline glossywhite

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 18 March 2012, 19:32:02 »
My sources tell me the iPad 3 has PS/2 and 9 pin serial ports. Finally!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 18 March 2012, 20:08:20 »
rip, are you going to review your ipad 3?

my father's bday is coming up and he has been hinting at wanting a tablet.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline captain

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 18 March 2012, 20:54:06 »
Quote from: ripster;550082
6. Start typing in Helvetica preferably.
(Attachment Link) 44816[/ATTACH]

I can hardly believe that horrible photo is by ripster. I got better results from my pinhole shoebox camera!  :-P
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline captain

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 18 March 2012, 20:57:09 »
Quote from: ripster;550088
Well....Actually I will in my subforum but it won't be your typical review - more focused on input methods.  Kinda like the Apple Aluminum Keyboard it will build up slowly.

There are LOTS of general iPad reviews around.

I'd be very interested in converting my Filco and HHKB to Bluetooth. My apple BT keyboards work with my iPad just fine. I have been looking into building a hack, using a bluesmirf, but I'm out of my depth.

In the meantime, anyone got one of those camera adapters for me?
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 March 2012, 21:03:56 by captain »
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline glossywhite

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 18 March 2012, 21:00:18 »
iPad... zzzzzzz