Author Topic: Keycaps for Topre Realforce  (Read 4616 times)

Offline omf

Keycaps for Topre Realforce
« on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 17:19:35 »
Hi folks,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here...

After spending some quality time reading the boards and wiki pages here, I ended up getting a Realforce from EliteKeyboards.  I'm very happy with it, but would love a few more options for keycaps (I have the black-on-dark-grey now).

Do any of you have links to resellers of keycaps that would work with these keyboards?  It looks like the Realforce and Happy Hacking keycaps are interchangeable?  Do any other keycaps fit (it looks like the Cherry MX keycaps are the easiest to get).

Thanks for any feedback!

Offline Lpb45

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 19:13:48 »
I am unsure if HHKB and RF keys are interchangable.  The only places I know of to order RF keys is from Obook, gmarket and the place in Europe veeerrrakuupa or something like that.  I have been looking for a WASD for my RF for a week with no luck so I will probly have to bite the bullet and get one from EK.
Topre - 86U   |   Filco - Tenkeyless Linear Red
Filco - Tenkeyless Blue       |   Filco - Fullsize Non NKRO Blue (Work)

Offline theferenc

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 19:19:32 »
They are interchangeable, as far as they overlap, anyway. Obviously, the HHKB set isn't a full set for the realforce.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline omf

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 19:45:04 »
I got the ESC and WASD keys from EliteKeyboards.  They fit just fine, of course, and look great next to the black keys.  

I was tempted to get the HHKB set they have on the same page at EK, but was surprised that they explicitly say it's for HHKB only.

Thanks for the other pointers - I'll take a look.

UPDATE:
Verkkokauppa.com has three sets of alternate keycaps: red, green and yellow.  Has anyone had them ship to the U.S.?

GMarket is currently being blocked by Google for hosting or linking to malware...
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 April 2011, 20:00:41 by omf »

Offline AgentHeavy

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 20:09:02 »
I bought 2 sets of black keycaps by using http://www.buyfromkorea.kr service with this reference : http://www.leopold.co.kr/?doc=cart/item.php&it_id=1215396631
(leopold.co.kr doesn't accept international payment :'()

Offline omf

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 20:39:34 »
Damn it... now I want that awesome bumblebee key set...  :(

Offline theferenc

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 20:41:12 »
Why not just get a white set and dye it yourself?
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline omf

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 04 April 2011, 20:44:48 »
Quote from: theferenc;324692
Why not just get a white set and dye it yourself?

Um... because I didn't know you could do that!  O_o

UPDATE: Checking that old discussion thread now, thanks!
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 April 2011, 20:53:04 by omf »