Author Topic: [GB] TGR-Jane v2 CE (QC, Shipping) 99% completed  (Read 1174026 times)

Offline vegs

Re: [GB] TGR-Jane v2 CE (QC, Shipping)
« Reply #1300 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 03:45:56 »
I will try to come out with another version of the layered acrylic case that works with the plate and o-ring from the v2 CE.
:cool: :cool: :cool:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline Mousy

• I <3 tootall
    • IG
« Reply #1301 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 04:00:23 »
Thanks for that update Yuktsi! Any possibility of sharing the plate file as well?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
He did a while ago if you search the thread for plate or look through his post history you should find it easily.
- White Kira 60 | Black Kira 60 | TGR Jane v2? -

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #1302 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 04:08:10 »
Thanks for that update Yuktsi! Any possibility of sharing the plate file as well?

He did a while ago if you search the thread for plate or look through his post history you should find it easily.
Oh alright, thanks for the heads-up!

Offline click clack jack

« Reply #1303 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 09:25:21 »
My fingers, toes, and pubes are all crossed praying for making the 50% cut!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #1304 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 11:31:48 »
o-ring?

Is that the first official confirmation that this is gasket mount?

I know we had the sneak peek photo, but I think this is the first confirmation.

Offline MMKB

« Reply #1305 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 13:00:33 »
o-ring?

FWIW I think any top mounted keyboard can be converted to gasket mount. Just add a small patch of Sorbothane to each foot of the plate and the case will hold the plate very well once assembled

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1306 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 15:26:55 »
o-ring?

FWIW I think any top mounted keyboard can be converted to gasket mount. Just add a small patch of Sorbothane to each foot of the plate and the case will hold the plate very well once assembled

Traditional o-ring a la 356 series or GSKT is a bit different and requires certain considerations in the case design.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #1307 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 15:56:12 »
o-ring?

The o-ring design is different than just foam though.

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #1308 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 16:38:14 »
Update

Hi guys, we are about 150 days into production. We are getting closer and closer now and thank you so much for your patience. The last 40-50% of the top/bottom cases are being anodized now. While the rest are being QC, packed and shipped. I am hoping to have at least 50% of the orders shipped in the next two weeks time, and hopefully all by the end of this year. QC takes a little longer than usual as there are just too many parts and materials used in a single board. I am quite happy with the parts checked so far. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the update, really glad to hear things are coming along smoothly! Not holding my breath but I hope I can get my unit before the LA Keyboard Assembly meetup, it would be awesome to be able to bring it.

Offline adxlk

« Reply #1309 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 22:32:30 »
Update

Hi guys, we are about 150 days into production. We are getting closer and closer now and thank you so much for your patience. The last 40-50% of the top/bottom cases are being anodized now. While the rest are being QC, packed and shipped. I am hoping to have at least 50% of the orders shipped in the next two weeks time, and hopefully all by the end of this year. QC takes a little longer than usual as there are just too many parts and materials used in a single board. I am quite happy with the parts checked so far. Fingers crossed.

Here's the link to download the acrylic case file that I promised earlier, works with the PCBs made for v2 CE. I've also included the file for aluminium feet that I normally use with the acrylic case. The feet can be 3d printed as well. I will try to come out with another version of the layered acrylic case that works with the plate and o-ring from the v2 CE.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6bfw2mwxyfgl9r9/AABhmaavK8q8viAH6GHddm9Ta?dl=0

ily sam

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #1310 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 00:40:56 »
My h88ce PCBs are shipping to me this week. Need to order the FR4 plates. Estimate for orders to ship is about two weeks from now, with extras ideally going up right around the US Thanksgiving.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 November 2019, 01:48:46 by hineybush »

Offline adxlk

« Reply #1311 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 01:41:57 »
My h88ce PCBs are shipping to me this week. Need to order the FR4 plates.

good work hiney :thumb:

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #1312 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 08:50:58 »
My h88ce PCBs are shipping to me this week. Need to order the FR4 plates. Estimate for orders to ship is about two weeks from now, with extras ideally going up right around the US Thanksgiving.

op is fake news. gbs dont move that fast. it is known

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #1313 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 12:27:19 »
Update

Here's the link to download the acrylic case file that I promised earlier, works with the PCBs made for v2 CE. I've also included the file for aluminium feet that I normally use with the acrylic case. The feet can be 3d printed as well. I will try to come out with another version of the layered acrylic case that works with the plate and o-ring from the v2 CE.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6bfw2mwxyfgl9r9/AABhmaavK8q8viAH6GHddm9Ta?dl=0

Awwww yesssss inject that update straight into my veins
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline jortzii

« Reply #1314 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 23:10:42 »

Are these different than the PCB's shipped with the board? If so, are there any extras available?
Volcano660 | Satisfaction75 | Think6.5 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Preonic | IC Kira | Drop ALT

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #1315 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 00:52:11 »

Are these different than the PCB's shipped with the board? If so, are there any extras available?

yes and yes, i'll have extras up on my site likely next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jortzii

« Reply #1316 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 00:53:01 »

yes and yes, i'll have extras up on my site likely next week

Awesome! I think I’ll have to pick one up!

Volcano660 | Satisfaction75 | Think6.5 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Preonic | IC Kira | Drop ALT

Offline MMKB

« Reply #1317 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 15:02:15 »

Got the tracking info from Hiney, which means I have at least something to build before the case arrives  ;D

Offline rkarp

• hypertext.dev
« Reply #1318 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 11:49:38 »

Got the tracking info from Hiney, which means I have at least something to build before the case arrives  ;D

Yeah, I should probably start lubing my switches and getting a head start, but I hate it so much.  I might raw-dog this build, I dunno.  Maybe I'll hire someone to lube for me, but my last lube job really burned me out boys.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1319 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 13:04:59 »
ne more tracking avail 👀
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline tentboy

« Reply #1320 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 13:08:06 »

Yeah, I should probably start lubing my switches and getting a head start, but I hate it so much.  I might raw-dog this build, I dunno.  Maybe I'll hire someone to lube for me, but my last lube job really burned me out boys.
Yea I have a set of ergo clears and a set of spring swapped blacks to make/lube and as excited as I am for this board to come in, I keep putting off the prepwork.

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #1321 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 13:42:02 »

Yea I have a set of ergo clears and a set of spring swapped blacks to make/lube and as excited as I am for this board to come in, I keep putting off the prepwork.

Panic prepping in the week it takes to ship is an age old tradition of custom keyboards.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2019, 17:12:28 by Acereconkeys »

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #1322 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 13:48:55 »
Have people actually received shipping notifications? Anyone have one in hand yet?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1323 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 17:15:15 »
Anyone have one in hand yet?

yuktsi might.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1324 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 19:17:56 »

Panic prepping in the week it takes to ship is an age old tradition of custom keyboards.

i am personally attacked by this statement
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rora

• Summitcables
« Reply #1325 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 21:06:11 »
I'm completly fine with waiting, I got faith in yuktsi bringing an awesome new style jane, he has high standards.
Heavensward

Matrix 8x V2.0 Blue | Matrix 8x V2.0 Tiffany Blue | LZ SE MP | TGR Jane V2 Blue Grey | TGR Jane V2 Pink | TGR Jane V2 CE | Keycult No2, Rev1 | Keycult No2, Rev1 | TGR 910 CE | TGRxSinga Unikorn | Orion V3 | Xeno | Mira SE | Kmac Happy | Kyuu | QXP | LZ CLS H | Poly Singa | TXCP | E6V2 FE

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1326 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 22:34:39 »
sam, sent you some discord messages, take a look if you get a minute
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #1327 on: Tue, 19 November 2019, 23:54:33 »

Every. Single. Time. I try to prep ahead of time but end up getting sidetracked and then once I finally get tracking it's a race to see what happens first.

Either:
a. I manage to finish the switch lubing/modding before the board gets to me and wait anxiously for it to arrive

or

b. I get sidetracked again and end up pulling an all-nighter lubing switches once I get the board or the day before
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 November 2019, 00:00:24 by Xerpocalypse »

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #1328 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 08:28:49 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1330 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 12:02:07 »

Every. Single. Time. I try to prep ahead of time but end up getting sidetracked and then once I finally get tracking it's a race to see what happens first.

Either:
a. I manage to finish the switch lubing/modding before the board gets to me and wait anxiously for it to arrive

or

b. I get sidetracked again and end up pulling an all-nighter lubing switches once I get the board or the day before

You could do what I just did: prepare all your switches beforehand, build it half-way once it arrives, and then decide you actually want to use different switches that also need to be lubed and modded  :))

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #1331 on: Wed, 20 November 2019, 23:31:38 »
Excitement intensifies...

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #1332 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 01:20:40 »
I'm a master of procrastination and rarely build a keyboard within at least six months of me receiving it. Hence, my preparation for a new keyboard happens when it happens. Much less stress :D

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #1333 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 01:48:43 »
I'm a master of procrastination and rarely build a keyboard within at least six months of me receiving it. Hence, my preparation for a new keyboard happens when it happens. Much less stress :D

this

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
« Reply #1334 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 03:13:06 »
Excitement intensifies...

What do you know that we don't?  :-X :-X
Jane V2 | Jane CE | Jane V2 CE | Police | Kaze | KMAC 2 | BRG Haus | Sessantacinque | Ori CLS-2 FE | Dalco 959 Mini | Mechlovin' Unikorn | G81-3100 SAV | Model M SSK

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1335 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 10:53:31 »

I got my 910 in the summer and I'm still putting the switches on the plate.  :confused:

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #1336 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 11:50:58 »

I got my 910 in the summer and I'm still putting the switches on the plate.  :confused:

I think you having a 910 not being actively used for months is a good sign you're too far gone into this hobby. Turn back to sanity  :))

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1337 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 12:13:51 »

I think you having a 910 not being actively used for months is a good sign you're too far gone into this hobby. Turn back to sanity  :))

No, I'm just lazy and waiting to see if I can learn how to solder on my own instead of sending it to someone to solder.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1338 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 01:53:39 »

No, I'm just lazy and waiting to see if I can learn how to solder on my own instead of sending it to someone to solder.

I gotta ask why haven't you learned by now? Interesting to see that long-time community members with amazing collections still haven't learned the most important pre-requisite for keyboard building. Not knowing how to lube switches or lubing badly I get but soldering... Switch soldering is like a beginner skill.

Also sorry if I sound aggressive, I ain't. You're a GH elder so I look up to you. I wanna be like you one day.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline vegs

« Reply #1339 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 03:59:05 »

I gotta ask why haven't you learned by now? Interesting to see that long-time community members with amazing collections still haven't learned the most important pre-requisite for keyboard building. Not knowing how to lube switches or lubing badly I get but soldering... Switch soldering is like a beginner skill.

Also sorry if I sound aggressive, I ain't. You're a GH elder so I look up to you. I wanna be like you one day.
yeah romevi, u suck
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1340 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 11:36:01 »

You're right. I do need to learn. :(

I can't imagine it's difficult. I just gotta get a station. With builds I'd like to do with keyboards and video games, soldering is an essential and money-saving skill to have.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #1341 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 13:16:18 »

I can't imagine it's difficult. I just gotta get a station. With builds I'd like to do with keyboards and video games, soldering is an essential and money-saving skill to have.

buy one of those practice 60 pcbs and get some crappy switches and go to town :v
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1342 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 13:53:02 »
Honestly if you get a decent adjustable temp iron, you'll be pretty hard-pressed to really mess up the soldering. Making sure switches are seated fully and that your stabs are nicely tuned are more difficult than the soldering. A TS100 is pretty inexpensive, or if you want a bigger standard, the 888D.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1343 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 20:22:03 »
Honestly if you get a decent adjustable temp iron, you'll be pretty hard-pressed to really mess up the soldering. Making sure switches are seated fully and that your stabs are nicely tuned are more difficult than the soldering. A TS100 is pretty inexpensive, or if you want a bigger standard, the 888D.

agree

i have a tremor and i don't think i've ever had to jump a cable or do anything crazy

it's really hard to **** up soldering thru-hole anything

Offline Chimera

« Reply #1344 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 03:49:25 »
It's cheaper to buy a 888D than to have 2 boards built + shipping. Lubing switches is harder than soldering imo. I learned on Amazon through hole kits before doing a real keyboard. It's surprisingly easy.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #1345 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 06:59:24 »

So easy a caveman could do it, you got this crash

Offline ejewell89

• 4ever Smol
« Reply #1346 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 12:13:05 »

So easy a caveman could do it, you got this crash

i feel attacked

Offline LeoZ

« Reply #1347 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 12:28:55 »
Any word on R2?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1348 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 14:10:57 »

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #1349 on: Sat, 23 November 2019, 18:16:49 »
ily sam
my son out here flirting with another man  :-\