Author Topic: [IC] GMK Sparta - Launched on Drop.com  (Read 112200 times)

Offline NoxNoxNox

Re: [IC] GMK Sparta - All vendors announced!
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 13:04:02 »
Could you consider adding all red alphas? Considering the success of sets with only a two color schemes, I think Red and Gold would do well and entice a bigger audience to join the group buy. Add the function keys (F1-F5, F9-F12) to this set and now you will appeal to those who want a monochrome function row (TKL, 75% enthusiasts). Cafe is going to do this with their "Black" kit and Olivia++ will do something similar. A render with all red and gold on a red board should look pretty sweet!

If you do add a 2nd kit, likely only an extra key or two (Tab comes to mind) so that if you get the base kit plus the red alphas you can actually cover a ANSI standard layout plus a Tsangan.  Makes it more versatile. 

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 13:22:06 »
Could you consider adding all red alphas? Considering the success of sets with only a two color schemes, I think Red and Gold would do well and entice a bigger audience to join the group buy. Add the function keys (F1-F5, F9-F12) to this set and now you will appeal to those who want a monochrome function row (TKL, 75% enthusiasts). Cafe is going to do this with their "Black" kit and Olivia++ will do something similar. A render with all red and gold on a red board should look pretty sweet!

If you do add a 2nd kit, likely only an extra key or two (Tab comes to mind) so that if you get the base kit plus the red alphas you can actually cover a ANSI standard layout plus a Tsangan.  Makes it more versatile.

Given that the base kit already has a second set of arrows, a second Tab key and a a second Home (by the Sea) key should be enough to make a "secondary" 65%.

Offline ivu

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 13:39:31 »
Add also red alphas and it would get a wider audience imo. Red base+gold font is one of my most searched for combos..
With the addition of the novelties, it would be a lovely set :)

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 October 2019, 13:44:52 by ivu »

Offline Calesinator

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 08:38:08 »
I like this set a fair bit, but I'd suggest removing the Numpad sub legends for a much cleaner look.  ;D

+1

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 09:19:25 »
When will the GB possibly start?

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 10:52:30 »
When will the GB possibly start?

November 5 is the GB date,i will release all info in an update coming up pretty soon

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 10:55:05 »

Unfortunately something like that won't be happening.Adding red alphas would get the set too close to red samurai in my opinion,i may consider adding the red F keys though.

Offline juliandoucette

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 18:53:15 »
I'm interested.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 19:07:34 »
Out of curiosity wondering if this has any relation to JTK Sun Devil http://sonorankeyboards.com/sundevil-keyset/

Been thinking for awhile now the color combo was sorta familiar and couldn't place it, but just had this pop up.

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 04:08:50 »

Unfortunately something like that won't be happening.Adding red alphas would get the set too close to red samurai in my opinion,i may consider adding the red F keys though.

Red F keys are actually what I need, but that's always a challenge to implement. Luckily there's been some popular sets to include them (e.g. CAFE, CORAL, TARO, FIREFLY). I would also recommend sub legends be removed from the Numpad.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 October 2019, 04:14:02 by Butterbeer »

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 12:52:47 »
Out of curiosity wondering if this has any relation to JTK Sun Devil http://sonorankeyboards.com/sundevil-keyset/

Been thinking for awhile now the color combo was sorta familiar and couldn't place it, but just had this pop up.
The sets have no affiliation at all,even though the colors look a bit similar at first glance they are not at all the same.Just in case though I spoke to Koduh before running the IC to make sure I wasn't getting in the way of a retry/rerun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline Calesinator

Re: [IC] GMK Sparta - More kit updates!!!
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 15:13:39 »
Still no deskmat renders? :/

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 18:11:39 »
Still no deskmat renders? :/

Yeah they have been pushed back a little,they will be coming soon(ish) though when the final update is posted.

Offline cyyz

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 21:57:52 »
Love everything about this set. Cant wait.

Offline Dox.h3

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 23:52:19 »
Love it.

Cant wait for Gb.

Offline Calesinator

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 14:39:49 »
I might be missing something, but what’s up with the R in the mixed Greek kit with the P Sublegend?

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 14:50:15 »
I might be missing something, but what’s up with the R in the mixed Greek kit with the P Sublegend?
What's wrong with it?

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 15:35:03 »

It's not P, it's Ρ

Offline Runge

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 17:08:22 »
Regarding the deskmat - is it meant to be off-balance that way?

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 05:14:18 »
Regarding the deskmat - is it meant to be off-balance that way?

Some new deskmat renders have been uploaded,i think it looked a bit off balance because of the perspective of the render.

Offline mandamanda

Re: [IC] GMK Sparta - Pricing announced,more updates!!!
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 16:27:17 »
Just made an account to say that it's such a gorgeous set, can't wait for the GB!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: [IC] GMK Sparta - Pricing announced,more updates!!!
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 16:42:25 »
This is the first time I have ever been tempted to purchase a deskmat, they look amazing. Very reasonable pricing as well, overall really pleased with the whole set. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline crusader_alex

Re: [IC] GMK Sparta - GB Launching November 15!!!
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 23:29:34 »
GMK Sparta GB has started! Please continue the thread there

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103429.0

Offline alternisciel

Re: [IC] GMK Sparta - GB Launching November 15!!!
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 17:45:56 »
Will you be looking to try to run this GB again? Really love the regal look, shame the GB was cancelled :( probably the best set that was running imo

Offline crusader_alex

Re: [IC] GMK Sparta - Rising from the ashes
« Reply #174 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 18:34:12 »
Hello everyone,a quick announcement.I will be running the set again!!! The post has been updated with all the latest information so please continue discussion on this IC since it's the one I'm gonna be using from now on.Thank you all very much for your support the last few months and I am confident that this time we'll make it.

Offline FaKe_VirTual

• * Maker
    • Virtual Designworks
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 18:49:33 »
Good Luck this time!

It would be a shame if this wouldn't get made.

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 18:50:40 »
Whoop whoop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline penvellynn

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 18:59:26 »
Deskmatsssss!!!

Offline NoxNoxNox

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 19:37:33 »
Any word on when you plan to run this again?

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #179 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 19:44:54 »
Any word on when you plan to run this again?

Unfortunately not,for now at least.I have yet to talk with vendors and the such but that will be happening soon.

Offline Starlight-Dawn

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 20:40:50 »
Love the deskmats!
Count me in.

Offline 2QT2BSTR8

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 23:06:41 »
Let's go

Offline FredBananaz

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 01:43:24 »
Now this is some good news. Good luck on the GB whenever it launches. I'll definetly join in on this one!

Offline ghillan

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 02:25:00 »
THIS is the set i was waiting for !

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 21:49:04 »
I was so sad when TKC took it down. super glad to have it back up! THIS.IS.SPARRTAAAA

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Module

« Reply #185 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 09:55:26 »
Yes, we need this.

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #186 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 14:25:49 »
Now that this set has been taken up again, should the base kit be subject to a second round of study? Since the IC was initially posted, there have been some changes in what's expected of a base kit (most of which ARE satisfied in Sparta's base kit, it must be said).

IMHO, only three things need to be considered here: a) the inclusion of an extra B (in the space bars kit); b) the replacement of R3 #~ for \| (and perhaps going terminal style instead of PC style, as that's gaining acceptance); c) F13.

HTH!

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 14:58:10 »
Now that this set has been taken up again, should the base kit be subject to a second round of study? Since the IC was initially posted, there have been some changes in what's expected of a base kit (most of which ARE satisfied in Sparta's base kit, it must be said).

IMHO, only three things need to be considered here: a) the inclusion of an extra B (in the space bars kit); b) the replacement of R3 #~ for \| (and perhaps going terminal style instead of PC style, as that's gaining acceptance); c) F13.

HTH!

Yes the base kit is gonna change for this round and to answer your questions,yes an F13 and an extra B key are things that will be added to their respective kits and the #~ key will be replaced.And if I may ask what do you mean by "terminal style"?

Offline depletedvespene

« Reply #188 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 15:20:00 »

HTH!

Yes the base kit is gonna change for this round and to answer your questions,yes an F13 and an extra B key are things that will be added to their respective kits and the #~ key will be replaced.And if I may ask what do you mean by "terminal style"?

R3 \| + R4 \| ==> "PC style".
R3 \| + R4 <> ==> "terminal style".

See http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/A-Visual-Comparison-of-Different-National-Layouts/#enUS.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 16:44:27 »
Glad to see that this is back. The base kit looks good imo, I'd just change the stepped Caps Lock legend to “Caps” and do what Miguel suggested regarding the ISO keys. If space becomes tight after B and F13 are added, I'd maybe let go of the stepped 1.75u Control. It might also make sense to put B in the spacebars kit, since that's where the space keys used for Alice are.
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 April 2020, 16:47:01 by konstantin »

Offline Armaguard

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 16:55:53 »
Hey man, love the set. I assume there won’t be support for ergo, right? Based on not getting much traction last time...
Thanks and good luck!

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 17:56:17 »
Glad to see that this is back. The base kit looks good imo, I'd just change the stepped Caps Lock legend to “Caps” and do what Miguel suggested regarding the ISO keys. If space becomes tight after B and F13 are added, I'd maybe let go of the stepped 1.75u Control. It might also make sense to put B in the spacebars kit, since that's where the space keys used for Alice are.

So most of these will happen other than the caps lock legend change.And of course the B is gonna be in the spacebar kit.However this time around I will be doing the renders myself so it might take some time to update everything.

« Last Edit: Sat, 04 April 2020, 18:02:24 by crusader_alex »

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 18:03:20 »
Hey man, love the set. I assume there won’t be support for ergo, right? Based on not getting much traction last time...
Thanks and good luck!

Yes ergo won't be supported unfortunately,if anything i might make some cuts to the existing kits.

Offline ogWalker

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 18:29:39 »
SUPER hyped for this. Hopefully GB goes better this time, need to see this set made!

Offline nsmk

« Reply #194 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 17:14:07 »
Very glad this set is coming back again.  :thumb:

The discord link expired tho.

Offline beefwelldone

« Reply #195 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 22:09:09 »
count me in waiting for so long

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #196 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 07:01:46 »
Call it GMK Trojan. Send it to some kids at USC to post around campus. You’ll hit massdrop level numbers easy. No more flops.

Offline Mighty_Zero

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 09:05:48 »
Who here is interested in this set because you played and loved the Assassin Creed Odyssey  :-*
because I am  ;D
Let's go Sparta!!!!

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 20:46:14 »
Call it GMK Trojan. Send it to some kids at USC to post around campus. You’ll hit massdrop level numbers easy. No more flops.

I would support the name change to get the kit made. Put up posts on Florida State University campus under GMK Seminole as well. lol

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #199 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 03:12:12 »

I would support the name change to get the kit made. Put up posts on Florida State University campus under GMK Seminole as well. lol
http://imgur.com/a/0cc2olI

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk