Author Topic: [IC] GMK Sparta - Launched on Drop.com  (Read 112416 times)

Offline aaronnnn

Re: [IC] GMK Sparta - Rising from the ashes
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 03:13:43 »
I just want the damn desk mat so bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline midnatwili

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 07:27:00 »
i cannot wait for this set to come back live again. my wallet is so ready for this. :thumb:

Offline travwal

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 16:53:10 »
Really excited this is coming back. Definitely not going to skip this

Offline Bax

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 19:09:08 »
Beauty reincarnate. Base + novelties + deskmat are a must-have.
Waiting patiently for the group buy!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 17:00:00 »
Glad this is coming back, I'll be sure to join again once the GB opens back up! :)

Offline beernuts171

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 12:08:54 »
Definitely in for this one!

Offline Obstsalatjaa

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 20:32:57 »
I want this to succeed. Is there going to be a timeline or Discord for this GB ?

Also I noticed the helmets in the novelty Kit could have more variation in helmet style.

Offline ivu

« Reply #207 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 01:21:47 »
A couple of things i would love to see for the novelty kit:

- not sure about the sword enter novelty. Maybe keep only the text one. Never really liked swords as novelties tbh, a bit too much for my taste;
- i've always thought about having a novelty for the capslock. Maybe change the sword one  of the enter novelties to that?;
- R2-R3-R4 1u novelties.

Do you have something in mind for the novelties which you are working on currently?

Looking forward to seeing this set back in GB  :thumb:

Offline delet_d

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 01:44:37 »
2 things:
I would definitely get this if in PBT! The greek looks great.
Any chance for a white modifier kit? Gold on white would look sick.

Offline Kasterborous

• HEX Keyboards
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 01:58:46 »
Discord link expired :(

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 02:00:57 »

- not sure about the sword enter novelty. Maybe keep only the text one. Never really liked swords as novelties tbh, a bit too much for my taste;
- i've always thought about having a novelty for the capslock. Maybe change the sword one  of the enter novelties to that?;
- R2-R3-R4 1u novelties.

Do you have something in mind for the novelties which you are working on currently?

For now the only thing I'm thinking is cutting some keys from the novelty kit. The sword novelty will probably go yeah but I will most likely make a poll so you can choose which ones stay and which ones go.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 April 2020, 02:07:46 by crusader_alex »

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 02:09:19 »
2 things:

Unfortuantely new kits can't be added at the moment, if anything the old kits will be shortened for the most part.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 02:10:08 »
Discord link expired :(

Sorry, will fix that today!

Offline 2QT2BSTR8

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 02:21:37 »
Mono legends only for the Greek kit?

Offline cyyz

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 03:04:18 »

- R2-R3-R4 1u novelties.

For now the only thing I'm thinking is cutting some keys from the novelty kit. The sword novelty will probably go yeah but I will most likely make a poll so you can choose which ones stay and which ones go.

I love the sword novelty, but maybe use it for the backspace key, since we already have one for the enter . Im personally not a fan of the leaf/wheat? novelty.

Offline Obstsalatjaa

« Reply #215 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 05:01:54 »
2 things:

Unfortuantely new kits can't be added at the moment, if anything the old kits will be shortened for the most part.

Why exactly does that mean ? Does that mean new kits are going to be added but we are unsure when ? If you could give us a short answer of things that can get changed and things that won't be or can't changed.
I am sure this will help the community to ask appropriate questions. But most importantly may save time.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 05:07:36 »
2 things:

Why exactly does that mean ? Does that mean new kits are going to be added but we are unsure when ? If you could give us a short answer of things that can get changed and things that won't be or can't changed.
I am sure this will help the community to ask appropriate questions. But most importantly may save time.
It means no new kits will be added because along with a new kit comes a new MOQ that needs to be reached. Additionally it will increase the price of the set as a whole. I will post a comment soon with the list of changes/updates so you can see and review them.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 17:36:51 »
Sorry for taking a big longer than anticipated with this update. So getting into the news.
As I mentioned previously there might need to be some kit changes to increase the affordability of the set.
These changes will most likely affect the Novelty as well as the Greek Kits.
That said I have made a form so you can choose which novelties you'd like to see gone if any etc.
Same goes for the Greek kit. Now a couple of other updates.

• An F13 will be added to the base kit and I will fix the ISO compatiblity by adding an R3 |\ key
  • A B key will be added to the spacebar kit for Alice compatiblity
  • Finally I would like to announce that I am looking into the possibility of the set being run through Massdrop as I believe it's what is best for the set but please let me know what you think

Thank you for taking the time to read through this post and I hope you're all well!!!

P.S The discord link is updated and good to go

Offline 2QT2BSTR8

« Reply #218 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 17:43:33 »
Filled in! Will purchase this set from any vendor if it simplifies the process for you.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 17:45:07 »
  • Finally I would like to announce that I am looking into the possibility of the set being run through Massdrop as I believe it's what is best for the set but please let me know what you think

If massdrop doesn't force changes that hurt the kit, then by all means go through massdrop.

Offline terrad

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 18:28:15 »
As someone who was going to pick up Sparta when it first ran I have to say I'm against going through drop. I think it makes it worse for all international buyers. Not just because of customs fees but also because (at least in my experience) the local vendors have way better customer support.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 19:18:23 »
Looking forward to a rerun!

Offline delet_d

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 22:00:27 »
Please keep Greek kit intact! I'd be fine with running through Drop.

Offline pcire

« Reply #223 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 23:16:26 »
Ugh! Running it on drop means that you’ll have greater reach and will be able to keep most of the keys (and hopefully better pricing?), but at the expense of international buyers and bad customer support.
However, if that means keeping the Greek kits as they are, run it on drop :(

Offline tdris

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 23:41:17 »
I literally want everything from this kit. It's the GMK i most want all year. I really hope you get the product recognization you deserve!

Offline ivu

« Reply #225 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 00:54:14 »
Going through drop will be bad for int buyers. Me included. :(

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Offline tekneeqz

« Reply #226 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 04:08:55 »
interested in these  :cool:

Offline cyyz

« Reply #227 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 04:21:08 »
I have no issues with Drop, their customer service has been excellent for me in the past.

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #228 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 07:46:50 »
Just to clear a couple of things up, the reason I'm proposing that the set be run on Drop is because finding vendors that are available/willing to rerun Sparta at least at a resonable timeframe has been quite the challenge (at least in the NA area). Now I know this is gonna be harder on international folks (me being one of them) however running the set on Drop will drastically increase the chances of the group buy succeeding this time around and it will more than likely enable me to have more freedom with the kits thus not needing to remove anything (most likely). All that I ask is that you try to consider my train of thought and of course give me your opinion on the matter.

P.S When I say having more freedom with the kits it does not mean that I will start adding kits to accomodate everyone, while running things with Drop makes the whole process easier there are still MOQ's that will more than likely not be met with additional kits.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #229 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 07:55:38 »
Ugh! Running it on drop means that you’ll have greater reach and will be able to keep most of the keys (and hopefully better pricing?), but at the expense of international buyers and bad customer support.

Not sure what you mean by “bad customer support”, but if there's one thing that's good about Drop, it's their customer support. I understand that different people's experiences may vary, but over the years I've heard (and experienced) a lot more good things about their customer support than bad.

I have no issues with Drop, their customer service has been excellent for me in the past.

Same. They sent me an entire replacement kit free of charge when I got a key that had dye sub smudging.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 April 2020, 10:43:41 by konstantin »

Offline beernuts171

« Reply #230 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 16:14:36 »
Totally fine with Drop, whatever it takes to make this happen.

I literally want everything from this kit. It's the GMK i most want all year. I really hope you get the product recognization you deserve!

Exactly. Thanks for continuing to fight this fight.

Offline ivu

« Reply #231 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 13:29:02 »
A proposal for a change of the helmet novelty with one similar to the attached file.

Offline ivu

« Reply #233 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 09:32:40 »
For sure, that why i said similar ;)
The small details could be merged somehow. Just like a profile picture of the helmet with the top to be better that the current version.

Just my 2c.

Offline KEYGEM

• * Vendor
    • KEYGEM Online Shop
« Reply #234 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 14:34:00 »
Interesting set!

Offline Tstorm23

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 21:46:45 »
Hello i am new to keyboards but i need this set the color way is :p unreal. thank you and please make this happen community

Offline delet_d

« Reply #236 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 00:46:23 »
Any update on what will be changed according to the google form entries so far?

Offline crusader_alex

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 12:29:54 »
The polls are actually absolutely even, it's been that way from the start of the poll. So I suppose there are only two options here, either split the kit again and hope that both make MOQ or keep the kit as is.

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 17:08:01 »
I just ran across this set and I really like it.  I don't know if it's too late to talk about changes, but I just wanted to make a couple of suggestions:

• Could you add an R2 [;] (Greek question mark) key to the Greek monolegends set, without the Q on it?  It would be really nice to be able to make a fully Greek layout without a random Q on it spoiling the effect ;-)
  • ISO Support seems like you would need to have two [\ _] keys on the same board.  I'm not sure exactly how an actual Greek keyboard is laid out; one picture I found on the internet had a [< >] key on R4, so maybe that would be a better choice?
  • This is a stretch, but polytonic accent keys would be nice.  That is: R1 [῏], [῍]; R2: [~], [`] (Grave accent); R3 [᾿] (Note this is a smooth breathing mark, not an apostrophe); and R4 [῎] (This is a single character)

These are written more or less in order of how much they matter to me.  I'd probably build this using an ISO layout so I'd want to double-check that this could be made to work; looks like it should though, at first glance.

EDIT: I'm guessing from your location field that you are Greek, so sorry if my explanations of the diacritics above seem a little bit "mansplainy", haha. I really just wrote them to clarify which thing I was typing; in the instance of ;, for example, I believe this is actually a different unicode code-point than the semicolon ;.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 May 2020, 17:11:05 by kidviddy »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 20:48:36 »
I just ran across this set and I really like it.  I don't know if it's too late to talk about changes, but I just wanted to make a couple of suggestions:

• Could you add an R2 [;] (Greek question mark) key to the Greek monolegends set, without the Q on it?  It would be really nice to be able to make a fully Greek layout without a random Q on it spoiling the effect ;-)
  • ISO Support seems like you would need to have two [\ _] keys on the same board.  I'm not sure exactly how an actual Greek keyboard is laid out; one picture I found on the internet had a [< >] key on R4, so maybe that would be a better choice?
  • This is a stretch, but polytonic accent keys would be nice.  That is: R1 [῏], [῍]; R2: [~], [`] (Grave accent); R3 [᾿] (Note this is a smooth breathing mark, not an apostrophe); and R4 [῎] (This is a single character)

These are written more or less in order of how much they matter to me.  I'd probably build this using an ISO layout so I'd want to double-check that this could be made to work; looks like it should though, at first glance.

EDIT: I'm guessing from your location field that you are Greek, so sorry if my explanations of the diacritics above seem a little bit "mansplainy", haha. I really just wrote them to clarify which thing I was typing; in the instance of ;, for example, I believe this is actually a different unicode code-point than the semicolon ;.

+1 on the first two points. KAT Atlantis did a Greek monolegend kit with no replacement key for Q, and it looks... really out of place.

Offline m1gs

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 23:03:22 »
this is cool, and the deskmats are sick! joining :)

Offline SMOKEY

« Reply #241 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 01:36:03 »
Will definitely join! Awesome set!
THIS. IS. SPARTA.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #242 on: Sat, 09 May 2020, 21:13:51 »

The Greek national layout is rather different from what we're used to seeing on English keyboards, either the older stuff, as in this Model M keyboard:

242013-0

or the (presumably) still in vigour standard:

242015-1

So, if this set is going to go with the fundamental design concept of an English (US) national layout with Greek letters instead of the Latin letters A-Z, while keeping numbers and symbols unaltered, the semicolon ought to remain in what is generally speaking the ;: key, as it is already.

Now, given that the Q keycap would remain unaltered and would look quite out of place, a few alternatives could be considered:
- The (modern) layout places the middot ("·", U+00b7) and long dash ("―", U+2015) symbols in the Q keycap.
- If putting both symbols looks weird, perhaps putting only the middot might be an option.
- Or... the sampi letter ("ϡ", U+03e0) could be placed there instead of the "Q"; no one would confuse sampi with a Latin letter, and you kinda need it to write Greek numerals, too.

(or not)

Offline beernuts171

« Reply #243 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 11:06:57 »
The polls are actually absolutely even, it's been that way from the start of the poll. So I suppose there are only two options here, either split the kit again and hope that both make MOQ or keep the kit as is.
I wasn't around for the first go so obviously you know a lot better than I the original struggles, but my vote is keep it as is, something is better than nothing...

Offline Sabin

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 07:41:31 »
I'm a bit confused, has this set dropped yet or has the GB yet to happen? I saw it was listed as out of stock on candy keys website

Offline Bax

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 12:42:10 »
I'm a bit confused, has this set dropped yet or has the GB yet to happen? I saw it was listed as out of stock on candy keys website

GB is yet to happen, candy keys thingy is the previous GB that failed. Was confused too when I saw it the first time

Offline Sabin

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 14:41:27 »

GB is yet to happen, candy keys thingy is the previous GB that failed. Was confused too when I saw it the first time

Ah right thanks for clarifying. Well i'm glad i didn't miss it!

Offline stealthzero

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 21:04:35 »
Im in for this one.  It just pops to me with that colorway and the novelty keys are sick.

Offline Halcyrin

« Reply #248 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 12:43:15 »
I found out about this after it failed, but Im glad its picking back up. Thought my eyes were playing tricks on me!
Would love to grab base, greek, and the deskmats. Good luck!

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #249 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 02:04:49 »
Any update?