Author Topic: Mx Revolution soft middle click MOD.  (Read 4236 times)

Offline The Solutor

Mx Revolution soft middle click MOD.
« on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 21:02:14 »
Quick and dirty mod here.

As you know MX revolution have a bit too stiff middle click with partly breaks its role of best mouse ever.

So I modded it in the same way I modded the little brother VX.

So let start

#1 remove the three antifriction feet (and put them in a safe place)

#2 Unscrew the four screws.

#3 open the mouse slowly and disconnect the flat cable who connects the upper and lower halves of the housing

#4 unscrew the 1 screw on the photo and pay attention to the small plastic block, then remove the wheel assembly

#5 remove (or shorten) the tiny spring responsible for the middle click stiffness

#6 reassemble the mouse.

#7 optionally use the aftermarket teflon feet instead of the original ones.

That's all I hope it helps.
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline himynameisbunny

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 00:23:28 »
Wonder if this works with a Wireless Trackman M570. It's really nice save for the really stiff scrollwheel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 // Logitech M570 Trackball // Topre Realforce 23UB

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 21 June 2011, 03:03:48 »
I had only mice with the inertial wheel since 2006, and even before I never felt the old style wheel as stiff.

So I can tell that this mod works surely on most of the mice provided with the inerthial wheel, but I can't say a lot about the older ones.

BTW check if thhe spring was present on the latter is matter of 5 minutes of work, so just check yourself, and let me/us know if it's possible.
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline himynameisbunny

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 June 2011, 08:01:01 »
Hmmm...might give it a go tomorrow after hours at work. Was using the middle click today and I gotta say it's a mighty pain in the bee-hind. Makes it feel like a $5 mouse you buy from your local IT supply joint.

Sent from my Vega using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 // Logitech M570 Trackball // Topre Realforce 23UB