geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] ePBT Travelling | GB LIVE

<< < (15/18) > >>

konstantin:

--- Quote from: jagger27 on Mon, 20 September 2021, 15:06:38 ---Can the diamond supers be changed to ⌘? Does anyone actually like the diamond?

--- End quote ---

I love me some diamonds.

That being said, your suggestion is not a bad one — if applied only to the 1.5u keys in the Modern kit.

_rubik:

--- Quote from: konstantin on Mon, 20 September 2021, 16:04:19 ---
--- Quote from: jagger27 on Mon, 20 September 2021, 15:06:38 ---Can the diamond supers be changed to ⌘? Does anyone actually like the diamond?

--- End quote ---

I love me some diamonds.

That being said, your suggestion is not a bad one — if applied only to the 1.5u keys in the Modern kit.

--- End quote ---

I'm partial to diamonds because they're system-agnostic. That said, I feel like there's a very fine line between "modern kit" and "osx kit" these days.

jagger27:

--- Quote from: konstantin on Mon, 20 September 2021, 16:04:19 ---

--- End quote ---

I love me some diamonds.

--- End quote ---

That would be okay.

--- Quote from: _rubik on Mon, 20 September 2021, 16:55:30 ---I'm partial to diamonds because they're system-agnostic. That said, I feel like there's a very fine line between "modern kit" and "osx kit" these days.

--- End quote ---

I just feel like the diamonds are slapped on because that's what someone did 100 GBs ago and no one puts any thought into why. As far as I can tell, it's a throwback to Sun Microsystems keyboards which otherwise had text mods. The diamond on those keyboards was square, solid, and tiny. The "weight" and feel of the outlined diamond in this set doesn't match the rest of the symbols. If you want the MacOS look, do it right. Don't **** around with weird symbols for no reason. It's not as if ⌘ is an Apple trademark.

Or if you want to shut me up altogether, just put 1.5U Super text mods in base and I'll be on my way.

highdocc:

--- Quote from: //gainsborough on Mon, 20 September 2021, 13:20:59 ---awww dang.  I loved the white on grey look =/  New update does look good, but RIP original set, haha.

--- End quote ---
The white on gray was not initially in the set , it was also a change.

Unenlightenment:
Could you add a row 4 equal key to the numpad kit?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version