Author Topic: [IC] Domikey X GLOVE APES THEME PRODUCTS Keycaps & keyboard & Switchs & Pazzle  (Read 18379 times)

Offline GLOVE

Hello everyone! This is Glove Studio,A design team from China.

Open GH and DISCORD accounts starting today.

This is a previous keycap design work:Domikey X GLOVE Studio AvoStar SA  Keycap

We are happy to introduce you to our brand-new design – Apes, inspired by the Planet of the Apes movie series.
The main character Caesar is an evolved chimpanzee who is the leader of the Ape Army and the adoptive son of human.
Caesar leads his fellow apes in a rebellion against abusive handlers and the police by unleashing the deadly ALZ-113 virus.
 Caesar tries to seize dominance over the destiny of his own as well as the entire species.
The iconic scene where Caesar shoutout “NO!” in the first movie series was quite an impression for us!!

Getting back to the design, the beige color in the set is a representation of the bones and the sand coating of guns.
while the black and dark grey not only captures the biggest distinction between human and apes – the fur.
 also matches the dark tone of the entire story.

【APES THEME PRODUCTS】

1.SA Apes Keycap Set
2.Apes75 Keyboard Kit (collab with Colossus75)
3.Apes Resin Artisan Keycap
4.Chimp Switches and Bullet Swithes
5.Apes Puzzle

1.SA Apes Keycap Set

The beige color in the set is a representation of the bones and the coating of guns.
while the black and dark grey not only captures the biggest distinction between human and apes – the fur.
 also matches the dark tone of the entire story.

The effect of keycaps under different keyboards

[GB Period] TBD
[GB Vendors] DROP Elboard
[Stock Sale] Kprepublic
[Lead Time] The production is scheduled to be finished in Oct. 2021.
[Pricing] TBD
[Specs] Produced by Domikey, SA profile, ABS double shot

Note: This keycap part of the keys will use a new mold, repair the previous similar ">." key character displacement problem.

2.Apes75 Keyboard Kit (collab with Colossus75)

Long before I started to design this keycap set, I had been looking for a keyboard kit which can utilize the sand color gunmetal coating.
One day I was just chatting with Zhou (the designer of Zhou65/Korno65) and he told me Colossus75 will be using coatings that can make this idea come true. So here comes our collab!!

[IC] Colossus75 Custom Keyboard by DiMi Studio

Colossus 75 Summary of Specs

75% layout
Top mount or an unconventional gasket mount, your choice!
7-degree typing angle
Seamless design
VIA/QMK compatible PCB with RGB lighting
Priced at $2xx (APES-75 will be a little bit higher than Colossus 75 due to the addition of the counterweight nameplate)
[GB Vendors]  Elboard

Apes75  Introduction
1.See the post for Colossus75 here. One major change compared to the original Colossus75 is that we carved out a small window on the weight to allow for a 7cmX2.6cm customized plate.
2.The bottom case will be engraved with “APES”

We are considering two different manufacturing techniques for the customized plate:
1.UV printing on the anodized coating to preserve the sandy feeling (similar to the small plates from MatrixLab).
2.Laser Engraving on Stainless Steel

Bullet Clip

The idea is to use a dozen imitation bullets to make a resin wrist rest.
In my opinion, we custom keeb enthusiasts installing keycaps is very much alike soldiers loading their bullet clips. Now it’s time to properly load our mech weapon on the desk with this rest.
(Might be cancelled if bounded by some laws)

3.Apes Resin Artisan Keycap

The design is based on the facial express when Caesar shoutout “NO!”, with an emphasis on the fangs to make him even angrier.

Now we are still prototyping the resin keycap and the release will be later than the SA Apes keycap set.

4.Chimp Switches & Bullet Swithes

We would also like to introduce two switches come along with our theme.

both of which will be designed by Glove Studio, supervised by Domikey, and manufactured by Kailh.

The first one is Chimp Silent Linear Switch.
Just like the army of Champs sneaking into the base of enemies, silent, but powerful, waiting for the right moment to charge,
the Chimp switch uses Kailh linear silent V2 mold, and the Chimp Switch is the first one to utilized this mold in the market.

The second one is Bullet Clicky Switch.
 Battle is on!! Machine guns crossing fire!!
Exactly what clicky switches sound like.
The Bullet switch uses Kailh Box Master mold, and the Chi Bullet Switch will be the first one to utilized this mold in the market.

[GB Vendors] DROP Elboard
[Stock Sale] Kprepublic
[GB Period] 2 months later than the SA Apes GB closes
[Pack] Will be sold in 70/90/100/110 packs

[Chimp Silent Linear Switch]
Kailh’s brand-new linear silent V2 mold
All POM
Prolonged 45g spring
More specs on the weights will be updated soon after the tests
Price: TBD

[Bullet Clicky Switch]
Kailh’s brand-new Box Master mold, similar to Jade switch, comes with light diffusion
POM stem, POM bottom, PC top-housing.
Prolonged 45g spring
More specs on the weights will be updated soon after the tests
Price: TBD

Switches are being prototyped and we will release more info later.
5.Apes Puzzle

For us custom keeb fans, the keyboard is both a tool and artwork, some enthusiasts would even prefer to display the fully built keyboard than to actually use it.
Buy and sell in the mech market is very common but sometimes we would start to miss the keycaps/keyboards we sold.
What if there is an option for us to preserve the memory with a small, inexpensive art piece?
This is where the idea of Keycap Puzzle comes from.

I am a huge fan of art frame, and I would always frame some the small gadgets I love and hang them on the wall,

which inspired me to recreate my keycap design onto a thick paper board and make it detachable like stamps.

[Size of the puzzle] The final size of the puzzle is 1/2 of the size of the real keyboard keycap, which is A4 size cardboard

puzzle sample picture

Note:1.The puzzle may be sent as a gift for the keycap set and the keycap at the same time.
2.The frame is the picture is for illustration purpose and will not be included in the package.

Vendors
   North America: ELBoard
   Worldwide: Drop

Stock Sale
Kprepublic

Acknowledge
This is my first time posting on Geekhack, pardon for my poor English in the communication,
and the response might not be very timely due to that.

Thanks Jack from ELBoard (https://elboard.store/) for translating the text in this post.
Purchase with ELBoard to earn special gifts for each order.

Welcome everyone to join our Discord: GLOVE.STUDIO

Welcome all to comment for your valuable suggestions!!

« Last Edit: Fri, 02 July 2021, 06:11:16 by GLOVE »

Offline ShiroMoria

heiliger bimbam :o

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offline MrBingo

Holy molly, this set and the renders look awesome, nice freaking job!  :thumb:

Offline novelflyer

I like the artisan and the novelties. Do you have sound test for the switches?
GLWIC

Offline Neely_12

Don’t really understand the puzzle, but everything else looks pretty good. Forced accents on the base kit is something I would like to see changed. Good luck!

Offline klexoslethal

Wow there is a lot going on here, but I like it  :thumb:

Offline GLOVE

I like the artisan and the novelties. Do you have sound test for the switches?
GLWIC
Thank you for your compliment!

Offline GLOVE

Don’t really understand the puzzle, but everything else looks pretty good. Forced accents on the base kit is something I would like to see changed. Good luck!
Shaft proofing will be completed in a few days, and the test video will be uploaded to YOUTUBE later, thank you for your attention

Offline Slayer77

This is a full fledged IC, but you are missing an IC form for feedback.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline mvkb

• Designer
    • MVKB
I quit.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
damn there's a lot to go through here, all looks nice

Offline Tree_

Huge amount of effort going in to this IC.

Nice work Glove!

Offline Faceman76

Guessing the non-clicky switch will be using a thicc click bar?  I may be interested. 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
Marketing campaign in an IC - Did I just get marketed to? Welp - theme and style are fun. SA caps are not for me the colorway is solid. Great effort on the IC / enjoy the humor of the switch choice. Cool to see a variant of the Colossus - wish it was rebranded to The Great Ape or something stupid. GLWIC - I will certainly keep any eye on this for fun.

Offline tngpq

This is a full fledged IC, but you are missing an IC form for feedback.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Because this isn't an IC. The GB already started in China. Doubt they will adjust to any feedback from GH. This is literally an advertisement.

Offline Robert.Lussier5

Whats up with the 98% board?
Austin R3 - Green // Austin R3 - Purple // Custom Acrylic Austin - Clear // Rekt1800 - Blue // Cypher r4 - Black // Boston - Sparkle Black // Balance - White // Glitch - Green // Shelby80 - Navy // Odin - Silver // Zoom65  Red // QK65 - Black // Link65 - Lilac

Offline S3LQ

• Designer and keyboard enthusiast
The presentation of this project is on another level, love the effort being put into this, looks great! :thumb:

Offline TyPo.mk

My hand is tired from scrolling

Sick project, a lot to look forward to here

Offline hongoo

subarashi!yabai!sugoi! kimochi! glove sugoi!

Offline norb

your iso kit is broke...oh wait, it's domikey. nevermind  :rolleyes:

nice design but **** domikey for their ****ed up iso kitting.

Offline Keyjus

Damn nice IC! I like the idea with the puzzle. How about making them magentic? I think that would be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Toad944

HOLY! The renders and everything looks crazy nice! :eek:

Offline GLOVE

Damn nice IC! I like the idea with the puzzle. How about making them magentic? I think that would be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Wow even.  A good idea, you can stick it on the refrigerator or on the iron plate.  But apea's puzzle is already in production.  I will consider using magnetic puzzles in the next keycap design.  These are your ideas.

Offline GLOVE

I am sorry.  I don't seem to understand what you mean.  Is there an error in the ios configuration?

Offline Havattack

* clapping gif meme

WOW. Just WOW dude. The effort of this, and quality of effort is outstanding. One of, if not the best IC i have seen.
The colors and theme don't really do it for me, but i almost want to buy one just to support more work like this..

The wall art is a uniquely cool idea, love it.

Offline norb

I am sorry.  I don't seem to understand what you mean.  Is there an error in the ios configuration?

yes sir. for basic iso support there needs to be a 1.25u shift, which is only available in the mod plus kit. you are forcing iso people to buy a full kit for about 25-30$ for one single keycap.
domikey doesn't seem to care, so no money from me, sorry.

Offline brln

I feel like I just watched a movie..

Offline GLOVE

i see! Thank you for your reply. I will respond to domikey!

yes sir. for basic iso support there needs to be a 1.25u shift, which is only available in the mod plus kit. you are forcing iso people to buy a full kit for about 25-30$ for one single keycap.
domikey doesn't seem to care, so no money from me, sorry.

Offline GLOVE

* clapping gif meme

WOW. Just WOW dude. The effort of this, and quality of effort is outstanding. One of, if not the best IC i have seen.
The colors and theme don't really do it for me, but i almost want to buy one just to support more work like this..

The wall art is a uniquely cool idea, love it.

Thank you for your affirmation!

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
Not my style personally but god damn that is one high quality IC!!

Offline Keeblet_257

not a big fan of 75% and clickys or silent switches but holy moly are those nice renders and the colours are nice!!! Definetly can see that the people behind it put in a lot of effort.
I wouldn't complain if this IC would become the norm and depending on the soundtest of the switches I would consider buying some
other than that GLWIC

Offline K-Capist

Hi, Do you plan to produce Cherry profile for this set. The colorway is awesome but SA :(

Offline filuwow

Hello,
There is a local vendor in my place is running this kit gb already, may I know which badge that we gonna have after all, and will it have prototype sound test for the board and the switch too.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻

Offline haystack

Tell me there was already a China GB without telling me there was already a China GB.

Offline GLOVE

Tell me there was already a China GB without telling me there was already a China GB.
Group buying will be launched on KC in the near future. Welcome to follow!

Offline Faceman76

What size click bar is used in the Bullet Switch?

Offline Danm_JC

Do we have a date when it will be on Drop?

Offline GKeebs

Hi! Is it possible to know SA APES color codes? I do custom powder coatings & other stuff, I'd like to pair it with a custom case  :cool:
Thanks

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
WOW that is a lot to take in.  All looks quite good.  The SA Resin caps look nice and the switches are interesting. Watching with interest for sure.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline c0d3r

Hi,

Is < and > keys misalignment issue fixed in this new Domikey set or not?  since this issue was commonly in all Domikey SA sets.  I will be in if the issue is fixed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 August 2021, 11:23:10 by c0d3r »

Offline karateyes

Not sure if anyone asked about this, or if it is still happening, any news on the wrist rest? might have a friend that would love this set!

Offline iNKY Studio

• long-term partner with Domikey
awesome set and great design! :cool:

Offline Faceman76

When are the switches expected to ship?

Offline wz89

• New to the rabbithole
Re: [IC] Domikey X GLOVE APES THEME PRODUCTS Keycaps & keyboard & Switchs & Pazzle
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 18:22:29 »
Is there a better channel for me to keep an eye on updates regarding the Colossus 75 collab? I'd give my left nut to get a keeb that matched this keyset

Offline c.a.t.

• All about Keyboards sound...
    • Click and Thock
Re: [IC] Domikey X GLOVE APES THEME PRODUCTS Keycaps & keyboard & Switchs & Pazzle
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 17 September 2022, 21:45:24 »
Here a sound test video of the Bullet switch!
JS - aka Click and Thock