Author Topic: Clack Valuation Thread  (Read 916214 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Live long, and prosper.
Clack Valuation Thread
« on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:16:15 »
Wondering what your coveted Clack Factory artisan keycap is worth? Looking to sell, or maybe you want to trade for something of equal value? This is the thread for it. Ask your questions here, so others may give their opinions of what the current market value of Clacks may be.

PLEASE, NO DISCUSSION OF PROFITEERING HERE. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE SALE OR TRADE OF ARTISAN KEYCAPS ON THE SECONDARY MARKET AT VALUES HIGHER THAN RETAIL, OR ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE, THIS IS NOT THE THREAD YOU'RE LOOKING FOR. THIS THREAD IS A SAFE HAVEN FOR MEMBERS WHO WISH TO DISCUSS CLACK MARKET VALUES, WHICH ARE DRIVEN BY THE MARKET FORCES OF SUPPLY AND DEMAND, AND NOT BY A SENSE OF ALTRUISM OR OBLIGATION.

Any out-of-scope discussion will very likely be moderated out of this thread. You have been warned.

BunnyLake's General Price Structure Guidelines:

there are really only 3 price structures to be aware of

retail price
general aftermarket price
special circumstance price

a brief pricing guide to the general aftermarket prices (as of June 2014):

blanks/ f2s - 75- 100
general single colour/3d - 100 - 125
rare single colours/ common multi colors - 150 - 175
rare multi colour - 200 - 250

90% of clack sales will fall under either retail prices or those after market brackets

the other 10% of sales are special circumstances, where the discussion of these prices is pointless, they are dictated by either someone wanting to pay above what a clack is generally worth to acquire it in a timely fashion, or where someone is willing to pay more to persuade someone to sell something they ordinarily wouldnt want to under the current market pricing

Below is the old pricing guide from the Clack Info Thread. The same warning applies. Please use this thread for pricing discussions instead of the info thread.

Secondhand Market Prices (From the Clack Info Thread)
WARNING: THIS IS NOT DEFINITIVE PRICING FOR SECOND-HAND CLACKS. This is simply a list I’ve compiled of what you might expect to pay for a Clack if you buy from the classifieds. There will be dates provided so you know the timeline of the prices. If you want retail prices, refer to that section. I cannot control what you spend or how much someone sells their Clacks at.

The prices here are a window from October 2012 to April 2013. I will no longer be updating this section. Please consider this a snapshot in time, showing some secondhand market prices.

Prices are in $USD unless otherwise noted. Please check to see if the pricing is for an MX/Topre/Bucking Spring cap as this may affect the price. I've provided links so that you can double check.

From DanGWanG's Mega Auction. From October 2012.

From fstop’s auctionin October 2012.

From rayuki in December 2012

From longweight’s FS thread. Started in November 2012 and ended around February 2013.

From CLiB’s auction thread. January 2013.

From Phetto’s WTS/WTT/WTB Thread. January 2013.

From nntam’s FS thread. January 2013.

From metafour's amazing sale. February 2013

From keyboardnoob's sale. "Black Click Clack" = Depth Black single color skull Clack. February 2013.

From precarious' auction

From another of precarious' auctions. Sorry for the caps :P February 2013.

From transcend3nt's auction. February 2013.

From sleepy916's sale.

From Rendom's sale. March 2013.

From Durainello's sale. March 2013.

From BiNiaRiS' sale. First time I've seen a WASD cluster for sale (see picture in the Milk Blue CC link). March 2013.

From deSheol's sale. He edited the OP so some of the prices are gone. Managed to snag most of the prices before the edit. March 2013.

I saw my first eBay auction of MX Clacks recently (March 2013). Thanks to phetto for pointing them out here. According to Glissant, the clacks were part of net2522's collection. Just as a heads up, I don't know enough about the 420 clack names so I'll use what was posted in the auction. Please check the pictures to see which ones were sold. The names are different from the Wiki. The follow clacks went for these prices:
  • 420 Good Times: $152.50
  • 420 Sticky Icky Icky: $192.50
  • 420 Sticky: $102.50
  • 3D: $85
  • Orangesicle: $103
  • Mr. Friday: $217.62
  • Octopink: $112.50

From eRadicatedZomBiE's auction.

From BlindRAGE606's sale.

From Rendom's sale.

From Mugen's auction.

From DanGWanG's collection clearing sale. Probably one of the biggest sales I've seen. April 2013.

From Paddywagon's sale. Some really rare and cool stuff was sold here. And the sale prices wasn't too bad imo. April 2013.

From Ghostpixel's sale. Everything but the Hardcore White (Cap on F2) was being sold. April 2013.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 June 2014, 11:03:30 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Clack Valuation Thread
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:38:44 »
There's pricing discussions in the Clack Info Thread and other threads. Since I don't really follow pricing anymore, I don't feel I'm qualified to support the continued discussion in that thread. We're just trying to centralize the discussion somewhere so people can get a feel for the pricing. Especially since the Classifieds threads are often nuked without their prices.

It's not putting them on a pedestal as much as trying to keep the info in a location. If you think that the mere existence of the thread is doing so, I think it's just being silly. That's my opinion. You're all welcome to pay what you like. That's why this is here. To gauge what ya'll would like to pay. Nothing more.

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:41:32 »
It's not even like these prices are a good barometer. The frequency of people selling off collections has fallen off a cliff since 2014, I've only seen a handful and they've been for crazy asking prices (Cactux, duc_nckt and this week Deviruki). Given that the 4grabs sales have slowed as well, 1+ year old data isn't exactly relevant. Unless it's a private sale, you'll find out what it's worth pretty quickly by just making it available on the classifieds.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:43:22 by Dyslexic »
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 10:56:23 »
there is no need for an open clack valuation thread

retail price

the OP of this thread in my opinion should just include the following info

a list of retail prices for clacks in current and past sale

a brief pricing guide to the general aftermarket prices, something like this

blanks/ f2s - 75- 100

90% of clack sales will fall under either retail prices or those after market brackets

the other 10% of sales are special circumstances, where the discussion of these prices is pointless, they are dictated by either someone wanting to pay above what a clack is generally worth to acquire it in a timely fashion, or where someone is willing to pay more to persuade someone to sell something they ordinarily wouldnt want to under the current market pricing

what really then needs to be discussed is perhaps the rarity or perceived rarity of certain clacks and what bracket in the aftermarket pricing that falls in to, but 95% of that can be done via common sense

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 11:04:52 »
there is no need for an open clack valuation thread

retail price

the OP of this thread in my opinion should just include the following info

a list of retail prices for clacks in current and past sale

a brief pricing guide to the general aftermarket prices, something like this

blanks/ f2s - 75- 100

what really then needs to be discussed is perhaps the rarity or perceived rarity of certain clacks and what bracket in the aftermarket pricing that falls in to, but 95% of that can be done via common sense

That's good info, sir. Added it to the OP.

If someone wants to list the retail prices from recent or current sales, I'm happy to add that to the OP as well.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 11:38:18 »
I find jcrouse's mega sale thread to be a good reference for clack price.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 13:44:50 »
I was offered a Candycorn MX  tricolor skull.

How much is it worth?

Same as here?

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 13:52:13 »

How much is it worth?

Same as here?

Show Image

I have seen one sold for $200 in the last month.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 13:52:48 »

How much is it worth?

Same as here?

Show Image

150 ish, for reference one has been sitting in the classifieds priced at 200 for over a month, and nobody has taken it
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 17:58:15 »
That is Topre.  Those seem to not be as popular.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 09:36:08 »
I personally after owning just the one clack being a 3D Topre one I have no use of, I only got it on impulse I can say I'm not hugely fussed about getting more I feel people more want due to the fact its almost a status symbol, I myself would say I'm guilty of this after getting mine but almost as soon as getting it and looking at it I was like yeah it's nice but nothing to spend this much money on people are asking for it, I would say to those looking to get them question if you really do want them, if you do then go ahead and get it as the price should not matter if you truly want it but to all that just want them for the sake of having one, its not all its cracked up to be the main disappointment I had was they are made from a hard plastic I always assumed they where a soft resin like plastic carved out, but they look very much molded, anyway that's my opinion though.

Anyway as a collector of other items I don't think this is the worst I have spent much more on trading cards when I was a child after all and those are just printed paper, but I got my charzard in the end :p

Anyway as this is a valuation thread I very recently got my first clack being a 3D Topre skull, at £55 including next day delivery before 1PM with insurance, this was done over ebay and can provide details on it if you need, also £55 at the time of buying that roughly worked out to $88 give or take a little
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 09:38:22 »
I personally after owning just the one clack being a 3D Topre one I have no use of, I only got it on impulse I can say I'm not hugely fussed about getting more I feel people more want due to the fact its almost a status symbol, I myself would say I'm guilty of this after getting mine but almost as soon as getting it and looking at it I was like yeah it's nice but nothing to spend this much money on people are asking for it, I would say to those looking to get them question if you really do want them, if you do then go ahead and get it as the price should not matter if you truly want it but to all that just want them for the sake of having one, its not all its cracked up to be the main disappointment I had was they are made from a hard plastic I always assumed they where a soft resin like plastic carved out, but they look very much molded, anyway that's my opinion though.

Anyway as a collector of other items I don't think this is the worst I have spent much more on trading cards when I was a child after all and those are just printed paper, but I got my charzard in the end :p

Anyway as this is a valuation thread I very recently got my first clack being a 3D Topre skull, at £55 including next day delivery before 1PM with insurance, this was done over ebay and can provide details on it if you need, also £55 at the time of buying that roughly worked out to $88 give or take a little

Strangely enough I've found Clack prices on eBay to be fairly reasonable in the past, seen a bunch of skulls go for 2/3 of the price they fetch here.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 10:17:15 »
More

Strangely enough I've found Clack prices on eBay to be fairly reasonable in the past, seen a bunch of skulls go for 2/3 of the price they fetch here.

That's what I have seen, but for what I paid and with the shipping next day guaranteed before 1PM included in the price I find that highly reasonable and it did indeed come at 11AM the next day, I think it would be nicer if the postage cost was included in the fairly high price, although my situation is different from most though as the fellow was from the UK so it was fairly easy to get that post done.

Perhaps this thread should be used for that. To post prices a Clack sold for.

I very much agree with this last statement, well said though with that I couldn't put it better rather than having it as a ask for a price just list what they have sold for, giving people a idea of what to expect.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 June 2014, 10:21:15 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 11:08:52 »
Just got the listing for the clack I bought on ebay, now I was not sure if I should post the link or just an image so I have blanked a few details out, such as seller name, otherwise intact just let me know if I need to change anymore for the rules.

This thread will be a "What is the hgihest my cap has sold for" resource then. smh
Maybe but I think the aim of this is more, to see if say one is getting sold, is it close to what the average price is or have the just made a number up, but again I think a lot of us are thinking a bit too far into this ohh well :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 June 2014, 11:16:56 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 11:11:11 »
Firebrand, you'll want to cover up the name of it and the URL as its really easy to back-trace :)

Although there really isn't any point, I don't think, in hiding the seller :3
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 11:18:13 »
Firebrand, you'll want to cover up the name of it and the URL as its really easy to back-trace :)

Although there really isn't any point, I don't think, in hiding the seller :3

Just done so friend sorry wasn't sure what to cover, mainly covered his name as he's not been asked and just thought it may be best to :x
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 11:46:13 »
If you guys want to debate the merit of this thread's existence, feel free to continue your discussion here. Thread cleaned of everything not pertaining to the topic.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:02:49 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 12:56:10 »
So in the spirit of this thread when I sold out of my high class artisan caps I sold a mx gumrot and a hardcore white BS clack  together for $75 and then a v2 brobot for $30 and the other V2 was given away for free, one was orange the other red.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 19:23:32 »
If I sell something for an absurd amount, would it then make it into the thread?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 19:50:15 »
If I sell something for an absurd amount, would it then make it into the thread?

First you'd need to find someone to pay an absurd amount!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 19:52:12 »

Pfft I'm pretty sure a quick buyback counts as it selling twice for an absurd amount.

inb4 the last 2 spumoni's sold for $3k each
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 20:22:43 »

Pfft I'm pretty sure a quick buyback counts as it selling twice for an absurd amount.

There's more than one Spumoni Clack? :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 20:41:31 »

There's more than one Spumoni Clack? :eek:

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 01:50:33 »
How much is my MX Jack O Lantern worth?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 02:17:41 »
Poking around EK site, blue Skull $9.50 I think I'll just curl up in a corner ...

http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf5f_sku_1blu

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 03:33:29 »
Is 125$ shipped for an f2 blue mx a good price?  :-X
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 03:34:58 »

I got mine for $100 without shipping. $125 is a little high but not very much.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 03:59:50 »

From OP:

"blanks/ f2s - 75- 100
rare multi colour - 200 - 250"

P.S. that's in $USD.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 04:45:44 »

I got mine for $100 without shipping. $125 is a little high but not very much.

From OP:

"blanks/ f2s - 75- 100
rare multi colour - 200 - 250"

P.S. that's in $USD.

Thank you for your answers! I guess shipping to Sweden is about 25$ with tracking so I guess It's a pretty fair price!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 10:02:33 »
Your first clack costs you your SOUL. 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 10:04:05 »
Your first clack costs you your SOUL. 

Actually my first 3 totaled to like $60 shipped.
I love Elzy

Offline BeerBelly

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:26:55 »
hello fellow keyboard users

My wife nearly threw out this Clack i had, long story really.

Two questions, is it a depth black and its worth $50-$80 right?

http://imgur.com/PJ8rGqq,pFfgmGF#0 http://imgur.com/PJ8rGqq,pFfgmGF#1

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:28:49 »

hey ripster

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:29:18 »

Your pics are terrible.  But it is most likely a depth black.  It's probably worth more like $100 to $120.  You should sell it in Classified thread before your wife throws it out again.

Hmm, digi thinks this is a fake post from ripster.  I dunno.  It seems real to me.  But I am easily fooled.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline BeerBelly

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:31:02 »

hey ripster

Hahaha, no but i do sub to his sub reddit. Although i joined GH long before that.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:38:05 »
Your picture was uploaded to imgur on June 18th and already has over 122 views, where else did you post it?

Offline BeerBelly

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:40:33 »
Your picture was uploaded to imgur on June 18th and already has over 122 views, where else did you post it?

I used them in part of my Reddit post that came about due to something funny that happened to me.
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/28gzjp/found_a_black_cc_skull_topre_i_lost_what_do/

Can confirm that BeeerBelly on reddit is also me on GH minus the extra "e"

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:41:05 »

It was on reddit a few weeks ago.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:43:33 »
My apologies dude, I'm sorry then, it just looked a little suspicious.

Offline BeerBelly

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 16:54:24 »

Id do exactly the same my friend.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 02:43:25 »
I bought it... I couldnt resist
sell out and eat ass

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 02:46:15 »
I bought it... I couldnt resist

Hahaha what a shock!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 22:41:52 »

dudes scamming, be warned. I along with other users have sent him a payment for the clack. Had a friend message him on reddit to see if he is still selling the clack. He denies ever receiving any payments and is still selling it (if he even has it) if anyone has sent this guy money i have screenshot proof that he is still selling it and accepting payments. Luckily i sent as goods, well i learned my lesson.
sell out and eat ass

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 22:45:07 »

dudes scamming, be warned. I along with other users have sent him a payment for the clack. Had a friend message him on reddit to see if he is still selling the clack. He denies ever receiving any payments and is still selling it (if he even has it) if anyone has sent this guy money i have screenshot proof that he is still selling it and accepting payments. Luckily i sent as goods, well i learned my lesson.

Dafuq? He got my payment too. What now? Open a dispute?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 22:48:04 »

I think for all future clacks member to member transaction, we all should send as goods, so we can file a dispute. In Malaysia, Paypal disallow sending as gifts, so I have no choice but to always send as goods. In retrospect, maybe this is the reason Paypal implement this rules.

I hope you are getting your money back, Hipster.

And looks like digi is right!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 22:51:02 »
I think for all future clacks member to member transaction, we all should send as goods, so we can file a dispute. In Malaysia, Paypal disallow sending as gifts, so I have no choice but to always send as goods. In retrospect, maybe this is the reason Paypal implement this rules.

I hope you are getting your money back, Hipster.

And looks like digi is right!

Always buy everything as goods, especially high value items.  It's why I send invoices for all my caps and anything I sell.  While I know I would never con someone out of their money, the invoice and payment as goods gives them more protection...though I'm sure it will bite me in the ass someday.

Additionally, it's easier to make sure that it's insured and you'll get your money if it's lost in the mail if you pay as goods.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 22:52:24 »
Wow...did you guys even ask for more pics or did you trust a guy with 2 posts who posted a 3 week old album without any second thought.  The clack hungry greed is real.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 22:55:02 »
I wonder how many people he has "sold" it to.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 22:56:30 »
Wow...did you guys even ask for more pics or did you trust a guy with 2 posts who posted a 3 week old album without any second thought.  The clack hungry greed is real.

i asked for more pics he sent me a pic with the clack and his username written in it, i didnt fully trust him hence the goods payment  :p
sell out and eat ass