Author Topic: Clack Valuation Thread  (Read 916208 times)

Offline singaporean123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I like keycaps and I cannot lie
Re: Clack Valuation Thread
« Reply #350 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 21:25:09 »

https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf_5c_gumrot

how much is this worth in clack skulls?

is it easier to sell it for money to buy a clack skull or to trade it for a clack skull?

Selling is basically never the thing to do if your goal is to trade to something else, as people always prefer to trade, and opportunities to buy them are few and far between.

Darn I've always thought cash is king. After trying to get in on sales for over 2 years I just feel that luck isn't on my side.
Can I trade this for clack skulls? Or is it worth too little for trades...

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #351 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 21:33:30 »

https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf_5c_gumrot

is it easier to sell it for money to buy a clack skull or to trade it for a clack skull?

Selling is basically never the thing to do if your goal is to trade to something else, as people always prefer to trade, and opportunities to buy them are few and far between.

Darn I've always thought cash is king. After trying to get in on sales for over 2 years I just feel that luck isn't on my side.
It's worth whatever anyone is willing to trade for it. I don't see why it would be worth LESS than a skull. It's more rare than the normal skull designs and I personally think that it looks really cool. At the very least I think you should be able to trade it for most single color skulls.

(Don't let anyone message you and convince you it is not worth anything)

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #352 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 21:41:30 »

It makes me cry sometimes to see those original EK prices.

EK is the only one that is easier for international buyers to purchase.

Let's just say I've stayed up till 3,4,5 am in the morning to try and buy clacks from 4grabs, just to miss them by mere seconds.

I do hope I get in on one of those sales, it'll be my first clack in 3 years :thumb:

Offline singaporean123

« Reply #353 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 21:44:39 »

It's worth whatever anyone is willing to trade for it. I don't see why it would be worth LESS than a skull. It's more rare than the normal skull designs and I personally think that it looks really cool. At the very least I think you should be able to trade it for most single color skulls.

(Don't let anyone message you and convince you it is not worth anything)

You're right about how great it looks, but I do want to get one of those skulls on my keyboard someday, and the wait is just killing me.

I'd think it's worth somewhere between f2 and normal single color clacks, am i right?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #354 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 22:17:41 »

Sometimes people refuse to trade for whatever stupid reason, or offer a trade and then back out at the last minute (you people know who you are  >:D ) and you get more and more frustrated over a 3 month period until you just decide to sell it.

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #355 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 22:31:49 »

Its only sad if you try to get them after someones quadrupled the value after getting it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #356 on: Sun, 12 October 2014, 22:36:38 »

Its only sad if you try to get them after someones quadrupled the value after getting it.

It's missed opportunities too - if only I had joined GH a year earlier than I did.  Or even just 6 months!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Premonition

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #357 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 02:24:35 »
So random question(s), how come the transparent Gummyrot isn't as expensive as the other trans clacks, and what are they both priced at?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • snoozing
« Reply #358 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 03:09:15 »
So random question(s), how come the transparent Gummyrot isn't as expensive as the other trans clacks, and what are they both priced at?
skull or just gummyrot?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Premonition

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #359 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 03:56:31 »
skull or just gummyrot?

Mm, the transparent green skull, in this picture.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 07:02:33 »
skull or just gummyrot?

Mm, the transparent green skull, in this picture.
Show Image

I honestly don't think it's(Gummyrot) any more common than Ruby, or whatever the blue translucent is called. It's just been released more recently so it just seems like there are more of them because of the ebb and flow of new and old members on GH.

The Listerine and Ice/clear color skulls are extremely rare though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 October 2014, 08:55:52 by noisyturtle »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 07:46:46 »
edit: nvm
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #362 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 08:44:16 »

Gummyrot skull isn't as expensive because the other trans skulls are not sold in 4Grab or EK sale. I would price Gummyrot skull at $150 - $200 range. The others are priceless. One Topre trans red skull went for $405 on eBay, for your reference.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Premonition

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 15:09:48 »

=P Not trying to sell it, just interested.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 15:17:40 »

no, no - I was just saying the other translucents e.g. "ice" is rarer and thus more expensive, but then noisy said something else and I edited it out :P
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 16:32:49 »
Guess this is an updated list:
blanks/ f2s - 100
general single colour/3d - 125-150
rare single colours/ common multi colors - 175 - 200
rare multi colour - 250 - 300+

Whoa they went up.. When I was collecting Clacks it was blanks / f2s $80-100, single / 3d $85-105.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 16:52:14 »
doesn't seem like blanks go for $100 anymore either. the 2 or 3 last julysicles have went for $150 a pop and oktoberfests / candy corn blanks have gone for similar prices as well

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 17:04:27 »
doesn't seem like blanks go for $100 anymore either. the 2 or 3 last julysicles have went for $150 a pop and oktoberfests / candy corn blanks have gone for similar prices as well

Oh yeah I forgot to say multi color.
Candy corn blank used to be $90-110 and julysicle $125-150

Offline Premonition

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 21:29:11 »

no, no - I was just saying the other translucents e.g. "ice" is rarer and thus more expensive, but then noisy said something else and I edited it out :P

Oh, gotcha. Looked them up, I think it's Ruby Red and Slushy Blue, for something like $400. $_$
And I got my Candy Corn for $150 shipped, I think that price is accurate.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #369 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 00:27:31 »

Oh, gotcha. Looked them up, I think it's Ruby Red and Slushy Blue, for something like $400. $_$

Thats ridiculous.. I had over 10 Candy Corns. Highest I paid was $110... Ive only seen one seller publicly sell his candy corn for $150.

Slushy Blue blank should be $100 and Ruby Red I think $350 I forget..

Offline Premonition

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #370 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:46:13 »

Thats ridiculous.. I had over 10 Candy Corns. Highest I paid was $110... Ive only seen one seller publicly sell his candy corn for $150.

It was shipped from EU to the US, so I believe it was something like $130 by itself. But 10 candy corns? Please..

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:49:40 »

It was shipped from EU to the US, so I believe it was something like $130 by itself. But 10 candy corns? Please..

He's not bull****ting man, he's the king of corns.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 01:52:13 »

:thumb:

This is just part of them.

I have had a TON of Blanks, Many Skulls, The Function..

Offline Premonition

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #373 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 02:09:57 »

Show Image

I wasn't doubting, but holy. At least I have one!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #374 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 02:25:00 »

Show Image

I wasn't doubting, but holy. At least I have one!

They're beautiful. I couldn't contain the beauty though, they overcame me and I had to let them all go to other owners.  :cool:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:00:41 »

no way, dustin. Do you mean blanks? The candy corn skulls - I have two of them - I got the skull at above $150, not too long ago.. probably a 4 months ago?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #376 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 10:05:10 »

no way, dustin. Do you mean blanks? The candy corn skulls - I have two of them - I got the skull at above $150, not too long ago.. probably a 4 months ago?
Yeah i'm pretty sure he means blanks. The candy corn skulls have always fetched in the higher end of the scale for tri's.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 12:33:14 »

Yes Sir! Blanks. Skulls were $190-200 for my collection.

Offline pbtforever

« Reply #378 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:13:11 »
Somebody PM'd me here and wanted to know if I wanted Beer Skull for $150.  Is that a good price?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:13:40 »
Somebody PM'd me here and wanted to know if I wanted Beer Skull for $150.  Is that a good price?

yes

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:17:18 »

Yes, very.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #381 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:43:08 »
Does beer skull refer to Drunken skull? If so, that's a steal...
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:55:26 »

But if a counterfeit made by k3kc, a decidedly terrible price.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 13:56:17 »

or a steal? :O
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 21 October 2014, 14:00:22 »

or a steal? :O

Yes, a steal for the seller...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #385 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 01:44:43 »
Gummyrot skull mx - how much is it worth?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #386 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 02:01:49 »

Whatever you paid for it.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #387 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 02:03:22 »

been going for $150-225 for a while now

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #388 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 02:16:45 »

duc_nckt is selling his at 250 which personally I feel is too overpriced.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 02:28:06 »

He'd be lucky to find a buyer if it was half the price considering how many people he's ****ed over on here. Dodgy, dodgy guy.

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 04:26:50 »

He'd be lucky to find a buyer if it was half the price considering how many people he's ****ed over on here. Dodgy, dodgy guy.
Considering he tried to sell me a beast plate at 60 shipped and that thing is warped and has sticky stuff (tape?) all over it and told me it was in a "very good" condition, ya, lucky him if he finds himself a buyer.

Offline keyton

« Reply #391 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 12:04:05 »
Are the fake ones worth $40?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #392 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 12:04:41 »
how much for my vader if its been inside a stripper?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #393 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 12:05:16 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2015, 09:29:16 by esoomenona »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #394 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 12:09:26 »

Does it come wrapped in moist dollar bills?

i CAN go back

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #395 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 12:29:43 »

Day shift weekday or night shift stripper?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #396 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 12:36:26 »

wednesday morning.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #397 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 13:17:45 »

wednesday morning.

male or female

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #398 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 13:25:11 »

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #399 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 13:02:25 »
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!