Author Topic: Keysonic with toucpad PS2  (Read 2481 times)

Offline intectiv

Keysonic with toucpad PS2
« on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 10:20:21 »
Hello,

In our bussiness enviroment we use old IBM OS/2 systems for fabric machines. We have look for some mini keyboards, with built-in touchpad, but connected to PS/2. Not possible to get in EU wtih this combination.

So as we need PS/2 we start to seek for adapters and find appropriate keyboard (Keysonic ACK-540U+) after time we also find adapter (Black Box KVUSB-PS2) and the first time it looks great. When plugin everthing it works even without any restart, but sadly not testing more. Now in production it shows that after few hours keyboard+touchpad freeze, stopped working. After that re-plug helps to work further.

I've test adaper and keyboard also on my win10 machine then, but it looks that not even work everthing ok(all 3 nums,caps, scroll lights), only toucpad works, keyboard not. Better work on OS2 after all.

I'm quite confuse what can I do here as i also have not knowledge alot of keyboards. If you have any idea i would be grateful.

Regards,
Andrei

Offline Tactile

Re: Keysonic with toucpad PS2
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 13:19:00 »
Don't know what country you're in but here in the US these cop car keyboards turn up on Ebay quite often. Small, built-in touchpad & PS/2. They're made by TG-3 and are very rugged and sturdy, being designed for use in patrol vehicles. An Ebay search for "tg3 keyboard" almost always turns up a few of these, both new & used.
277768-0
REΛLFORCE

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 15:28:12 »
Those TG3 boards are tanks, should last you literally forever. They usually have red LED backlighting too, if that's helpful. They're pretty stiff to type on though. They can look exactly the same with either the PS/2 or USB interface, so watch out for the USB variants.

There's a box full of 8 PS/2 boards with integrated trackballs on Ebay right now as well, with the ISO layout to boot.

You should have pretty good luck finding results that will at least work for you by just doing searches for "ps2 rack keyboard" since most keyboards meant for rack servers have some kind of pointing device built in.

Not sure if there are any good active adapters to connect USB keyboards to computers that don't support it. Most people go the other way.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 October 2021, 15:59:59 by Maledicted »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 15:59:06 »
Double post, somehow. Meant to edit.

Offline intectiv

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 16:36:57 »
I've found T3 have Germany reseller in Europe, so i'll contact them, they sell new device which have PS/2 with toucpad, but from description device have only 1PS/2 plug, it should be separate.
 I also didn't found any PS/2 device but just USB on Ebay, trackball is not an option.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 17:04:13 »
I've found T3 have Germany reseller in Europe, so i'll contact them, they sell new device which have PS/2 with toucpad, but from description device have only 1PS/2 plug, it should be separate.
 I also didn't found any PS/2 device but just USB on Ebay, trackball is not an option.

Have you got a link? I have never heard of the keyboard and mouse input being combined on a PS/2 peripheral.

Do they need to be shipped from within Europe? I found quite a few PS/2 keyboard on Ebay with integrated trackpads that were meant for rack servers. They just seem to mostly be shipped from the U.S.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 18:14:34 »
Those cop car boards are nice af, the domes inside make for pretty interesting mods when transplanted onto other switches, super tactile even on springless linears.