Author Topic: Hey Everyone!  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Aceor

• I CLEARly love my Pok3r ;)
Hey Everyone!
« on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 12:32:51 »
Hi guys! Im relatively new to mechanical keyboards. I am a frequent visitor of /r/mk but i wasnt satisfied so i gave geekhack a try. So here i am :D. About a year ago i bought my first board. A Rapid-I with browns and i loved it! I have since put some double shot cherry caps on it and it looks great. Though over a year of gaming some switches felt noticeably different from the others so i decided to get a new board for typing only. A Pok3r. Im looking to expand my collection further and hopefully built one myself soon which is one of my main reasons for coming to geekhack :).

Here are my 2 babys ;) :

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
Re: Hey Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 13:42:12 »
Cool deal, so what switches does your QFR-i have? Welcome  :)
Chris Schammert

Offline Aceor

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 13:47:58 »
QFR has browns and the Pok3r has clears. Love both of them :D. Probably going to try some Zealios next if i can get my hands on them :P. Thanks!:)

btw, do i have to do a captcha everytime i post?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 14:01:36 »
A change in cherry mx brown switches over the course of one year? Huh.. I've heard only good things about Zealios so far  :p I dunno about your captcha situation, maybe that's a region thing?
Chris Schammert

Offline Aceor

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 14:25:37 »
Well, i used them quite heavily (Played GW2 heavily the past year) and now the WASD keys  and my F key for example feel very used. A little unpleasant to type on. Thought of changing the switches for new Browns. Maybe its because i'm new and need to reach my 60 posts first etc.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 15:57:04 »
That is some heavy use  :eek:
Chris Schammert

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 22:03:45 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Your pictures don't seem to be appearing ...

Do you prefer the browns or the clears?  They are both tactile switches, but the clears have a much more pronounced tactile bump.  Have some of the browns lost their tactility?

The Captcha should disappear after a while.  I'm not sure if it is 10 or 20 posts, or a month or something, but it will disappear!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ