Author Topic: Lubing Zilents?  (Read 37491 times)

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lubing Zilents?
« on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 14:47:29 »
I just got my first set of Zilent switches in the mail yesterday and have started taking them apart to add sip sockets and lubricate them.  I'm pretty new to all this, so can anyone make suggestions or some "do's" and "don'ts" for lubricating these?  I have both tribosys 3204 and the GH v4 thick lube that Zeal sells, not sure which one to use either, if it matters.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: Lubing Zilents?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:48:27 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34332.0

This is an old guide, but what I use anytime i need to lube switches.  I think MMB covered things pretty well, and didnt overdo it.  There are plenty of guides out recently that, imo, over lube the switches which can lead to a somewhat soggy feeling.

As for types of lube, I normally just pick up thin lube from techkeys for my linears (pretty much all i use).  Im not sure where the best place to buy thick lube is these days, so hopefully someone will chime in for you.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 21:19:34 »
I’ve read that guide, I just wish most of the pictures were still working...

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 21:21:13 »
I’ve read that guide, I just wish most of the pictures were still working...

Yeah it could probably use a proper update.  The ones that do work are pretty much all you need though.  Not much of the stem actually contacts the housing, so not much lube is needed.