Author Topic: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 / GB CONCLUDED  (Read 370999 times)

Offline matthmattix

Re: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (Invoices out, payment phase extended)
« Reply #650 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 11:59:41 »
UPDATE (order list):

I updated the order list. Everyone should please check if his order is correct. Even if you had checked already in one of the earlier lists, please check again.
The ones who won an extra SKB have theirs already added in the list.

I have given up on those who got their invoice long time ago but still haven't paid. This is luckily not a problem anymore, since the posting on reddit has indeed made up for them.

There are a few who signed up after the reddit announcement but haven't paid jet. That's ok, since they just joined recently. They are accounted for in the order quantity.
I decided to put only those into this list who have paid their invoice. I think this is a more sensitive way, than exposing the others. List will be updated when more have paid.

Again as searchable PDF, attached to this post.

Looks like I'm listed twice. Once as matthmattix and again as Matthmattix. Using either of those is fine, but I'm in for one HHKB. Thanks!

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #651 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 12:42:33 »
Looks like I'm listed twice. Once as matthmattix and again as Matthmattix. Using either of those is fine, but I'm in for one HHKB. Thanks!

damn your are right! corrected that in my spreadsheet as well, thanks for checking.

Offline zzzaacchh

« Reply #652 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 09:47:38 »
Are we still expecting these before January? My V2 Zilents should be here in December, so I'll only be lacking this case for my build! I'm getting more excited about this every day!

« Reply #653 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 14:26:43 »
Are we still expecting these before January? My V2 Zilents should be here in December, so I'll only be lacking this case for my build! I'm getting more excited about this every day!

I think this is still possible. We know more once they send me the quote. Don't know how long they need for that, since surface treatment is done by another company.

Offline Ruwey

« Reply #654 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 18:18:42 »
Is this group buy still running or did I miss it?

Offline macken

« Reply #655 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 18:25:57 »

Well it's been running for over 6 months and and no order has been placed yet, so I am guessing it's still running.

« Reply #656 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 05:55:45 »

Well it's been running for over 6 months and and no order has been placed yet, so I am guessing it's still running.

I decided on the final production numbers on Thursday and submitted them on Friday. Now they need to give me the quote for that, so I can pay and get the ball rolling.

The numbers I submitted include a few extras (more of the popular versions, less of the not so popular ones). So it is like I told a few times already - if you want an SKB, just fill out the form. You'll receive an invoice the coming day. If I'm out of extras for a particular SKB version, then I'll take it out of the order form.

EDIT:
BTW, payment started in mid August, that is not six months ago (GB post, yes, long time ago; IC post veeery long ago). Generally, YES, everything seems to take longer than expected and I'm sure no one else than me wants this to be done sooner than later because this is exhausting/demanding/stressful for me.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 October 2018, 06:08:13 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline macken

« Reply #657 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 14:39:22 »

I decided on the final production numbers on Thursday and submitted them on Friday. Now they need to give me the quote for that, so I can pay and get the ball rolling.

The numbers I submitted include a few extras (more of the popular versions, less of the not so popular ones). So it is like I told a few times already - if you want an SKB, just fill out the form. You'll receive an invoice the coming day. If I'm out of extras for a particular SKB version, then I'll take it out of the order form.

EDIT:
BTW, payment started in mid August, that is not six months ago (GB post, yes, long time ago; IC post veeery long ago). Generally, YES, everything seems to take longer than expected and I'm sure no one else than me wants this to be done sooner than later because this is exhausting/demanding/stressful for me.

Didn’t mean anything negative with my post, but looking at it now it was kind of badly phrased. Sorry about that.

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #658 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 20:56:39 »
Didn’t mean anything negative with my post, but looking at it now it was kind of badly phrased. Sorry about that.

TBH I was initially going to write a little defense of the GB timeline in response to your first comment, but it's easy to mistake tone and intent with just bare text. Also, you weren't technically wrong! I'm more comfortable with how this process has been so far, and it's in stark contrast to other GBs with much smaller runs, limited options, and clarity on samples/process (compare this to the blind LZ MP sale, albeit a different caliber because of LZ's pedigree).
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

« Reply #659 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 17:51:45 »

No problem, didn't really took it negative. Anyway I feel like I have to comment on stuff that could be interpreted like I'm taking things lightly regarding this GB.
There is no denying, that delays happend. I guess this is caused by a mixture of things.

A) This is the first time I run a GB and it happens to be comparably big one.

B) Often I was just too optimistic regarding the timeline. I shouldn't have set the timeline based on my optimistic estimates, instead I should have been much more conservative with all the "milestones".

C) Often stuff got delayed because certain decisions had to be made and I acted like a ****. E.g. stuff like the cutout size of the USB hole changed so often and I just couldn't settle on it. When you know that the parts get produced over 100 times, decisions - even on seemingly less important details - aren't easy to make. Might have needed bigger balls in order to proceeded quicker at some points :(

D) The really most part of this GB isn't about design/construction and the case itself. Organizing and communicating is what takes most of the time. I happen to be very bad at both of these skillsets.

C) Apart from this GB I do have a life :)

Anyway, we have the biggest part behind us and now I just hope they don't need too much time for the quote. Then for me comes sourcing the screws, the packaging, packing, shipping, uuugh. For me this will only be over when everyone has his/her case and pictures of the builds start popping up.

« Reply #660 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 18:20:24 »
I forgot something, the mini raffle for helping me on reddit!
I just opened both the posts on r/MechanicalKeyboards and r/mechmarket. For each I closed my eyes, scrolled wildly up and down, put my finger on the screen and opened my eyes again.
Here are the two lucky ones:

PON10
anfledd

congratulations, let me know which version you wanna add.

Offline FSund

« Reply #661 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 05:37:43 »
Hi, just checked your updated order list, and I see that you have correctly registered me with a 65%, but I didn't see the extra plate mentioned anywhere. Tried emailing you, but haven't gotten any replies yet, so I thought I'd try here. I'm FonderPrism in the form.
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

« Reply #662 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 06:50:53 »
Hi, just checked your updated order list, and I see that you have correctly registered me with a 65%, but I didn't see the extra plate mentioned anywhere. Tried emailing you, but haven't gotten any replies yet, so I thought I'd try here. I'm FonderPrism in the form.

Of course I answered you. We exchanged a few emails. Last, on 27.10.2018 I answered your this:
"Yes got it thanks a lot, I already corrected in my spreadsheet"

that was after the list you mention was uploaded (24.10.2018).

Offline FSund

« Reply #663 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 07:12:01 »

Of course I answered you. We exchanged a few emails. Last, on 27.10.2018 I answered your this:
"Yes got it thanks a lot, I already corrected in my spreadsheet"

that was after the list you mention was uploaded (24.10.2018).

I am very sorry, somehow Google decided all your emails were spam..! So I haven't gotten any of your replies until now.
Sorry for the confusion!

I see now that everything is in order.
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

« Reply #664 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 07:21:00 »
I am very sorry, somehow Google decided all your emails were spam..!

Google doesn't like me.

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #665 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 07:51:59 »
I like keyboards

« Reply #666 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 10:33:55 »

Offline Zuology

« Reply #667 on: Fri, 02 November 2018, 11:34:47 »
Just curious to hear if there's any early progress updates, but probably too soon since you just submitted full order last week, right? I'd be interested to see the manufacturing steps, from stock sheet/plate metal to cutting/stamping, to bending and blasting! I'm one of the weirdos who asked early enough on for a non-anodized kit, and am interested in seeing how it will actually look "raw".
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)

« Reply #668 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 10:50:59 »
Just curious to hear if there's any early progress updates, but probably too soon since you just submitted full order last week, right? I'd be interested to see the manufacturing steps, from stock sheet/plate metal to cutting/stamping, to bending and blasting! I'm one of the weirdos who asked early enough on for a non-anodized kit, and am interested in seeing how it will actually look "raw".

hey, sorry, it took me  while to answer, was a family weekend.
this is what i wrote at dt, still true:

No update jet.
I already called and mailed them so often when I was waiting for the first and later second batch of samples. Also the last quote took them quite a while. Back then I remember calling them a few times and be like: "do you have the quote for me?", "when will you have it?", "BUT I NEED THAT QUOTE ASAP!" I don't wanna do that anymore and it didn't help anyway. They are very busy, and the surface treatment for the aluminium parts is done by another company while the surface treatment of the plates by jet another. If they haven't sent me the quote by the end of next week I'll call them.

« Reply #669 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 06:45:52 »
Small update:

Called them today,
nothing new jet. They are very busy, they said they probably need another week for the quote.
Meanwhile I'll start sourcing screws and packaging.

Offline macken

« Reply #670 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 15:45:35 »
Small update:

Called them today,
nothing new jet. They are very busy, they said they probably need another week for the quote.

Does this affect the timeframe or is the plan still to ship in november?

Offline macken

« Reply #671 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 19:55:24 »
Small update:

Called them today,

Just got a notice that my delayed Pulse is on the way to EU. I had this all timed and thought I would be screwed by a late shipping from SA, but no. Everything is on time but the case.

Can you spread out the damage to the budget on the cases if needed? Starting to believe their quoting will suck.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2018, 20:07:47 by macken »

« Reply #672 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 02:59:13 »
Does this affect the timeframe or is the plan still to ship in november?
they need at least a month for production, so november is obviously not possible any more.

Just got a notice that my delayed Pulse is on the way to EU. I had this all timed and thought I would be screwed by a late shipping from SA, but no. Everything is on time but the case.
funny - as I was reading this, my door bell rang and SA pulse got delivered.

Can you spread out the damage to the budget on the cases if needed? Starting to believe their quoting will suck.
WHAT?! what damage? I ordered more cases now than the last quote. manufacturing more can only make it cheaper. there is no damage to spread out, where does that come from?!

Offline macken

« Reply #673 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 05:02:06 »

Nice! Hopefully you enjoy the set. If you have some extra time snap a picture with Pulse on a SKB. Bet it will be a match made in heaven.

Offline online

« Reply #674 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 07:27:14 »

Nice! Hopefully you enjoy the set. If you have some extra time snap a picture with Pulse on a SKB. Bet it will be a match made in heaven.
Excuse me, GMK Terminal is the perfect match for SKB in the universe ;D ;D ;D
My R2 Terminal is on the way, Cherry silent reds are lubed and I'm checking this post every day!!!

« Reply #675 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 15:45:37 »
I just realize, that both the SKB75 sample builds I did need a 6U spacebar. SA from signature plastics don't have 6U spacebars - DAMN, I really wanted to see the PULSE set on the SKB75. Will have to put it onto the ANSI SKB60-WKL next week.

Offline macken

« Reply #676 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 16:45:46 »
I just realize, that both the SKB75 sample builds I did need a 6U spacebar. SA from signature plastics don't have 6U spacebars - DAMN, I really wanted to see the PULSE set on the SKB75. Will have to put it onto the ANSI SKB60-WKL next week.

Looking forward to that! I bet the SKB + Pulse combo will look amazing.

Offline tiydal

« Reply #677 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 17:11:27 »
Possible to get some more pictures of the 60 WKL version? :)

« Reply #678 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 09:46:30 »

Yep, here you go:
207184-0
lighting was pretty bad. I took a few more shots under better conditions. I posted them here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/9x159a/skb60wkl_with_sa_pulse_skbxxgb_extras_still/

Hope to get an answer from the manufacturer by the end of this week.

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #679 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 09:55:54 »

Yep, here you go:
(Attachment Link)
lighting was pretty bad. I took a few more shots under better conditions. I posted them here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/9x159a/skb60wkl_with_sa_pulse_skbxxgb_extras_still/

That looks so good, can't wait to get my skb60 wkl!

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

Offline zzzaacchh

« Reply #680 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 10:16:11 »
I don't like SA caps, but that looks awesome!

Offline macken

« Reply #681 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 11:32:45 »

Yep, here you go:
(Attachment Link)

That is looking sweet. Hopefully the production can start soon.

Offline kim-kim

« Reply #682 on: Thu, 22 November 2018, 04:57:59 »
So, any updates? Is the factory starting the production?  :eek:

« Reply #683 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 10:36:06 »
The order is submitted of course.
When they told me how long it would take, I tried to negotiate it but it wasn't possible to get it done quicker.
We are at a time of the year that is not favorable for a production run. Approaching the end of the year, many factories shut down for some time. Our manufacturer has a lot in the pipeline and the parts will probably not be done before they shut down. Same for the company that does the anodizing they will empty their big basins for cleaning at the end of the year.
So the bad news is that I will get the finished parts in February.
Had really hoped it would be faster.

Offline zzzaacchh

« Reply #684 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 13:00:36 »
When they told me how long it would take, I tried to negotiate it but it wasn't possible to get it done quicker.
We are at a time of the year that is not favorable for a production run. Approaching the end of the year, many factories shut down for some time. Our manufacturer has a lot in the pipeline and the parts will probably not be done before they shut down. Same for the company that does the anodizing they will empty their big basins for cleaning at the end of the year.

I feel better just knowing that the order is in.  :thumb:

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #685 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 14:27:39 »

Rather wait a little longer than rush things for no good reason. Thanks for the update and hopefully the manufacturers can get them done without hickups!
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline Zuology

« Reply #686 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 15:10:13 »
Nothing to feel bad about - this is an expected/excusable delay since the project is firmly in the hands of manufacturing at this point and a busy/hectic end-of-year applies for everyone!
More

Offline omikron

« Reply #687 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 11:50:39 »
Some info for the GB participants - I was concerned about the lack of feedback and information from the GB organizer since there was no updates for quite a while and when I finally got a response regarding update it was questionable.

So I asked to provide me with the name of the company that does the metal work since my own project may help with production quota and I was planning to submit my order to the same manufacturer. Got another very questionable response from the GB organizer. Then he approached me personally and offered me a refund, which is not what I asked for. I asked more questions regarding handling this situation and in response GB organizer just decided to cancel my order, deleted one of my countries of residence from his ordering page and now refuses to send me a new invoice for my second address. Even though he sent me a refund this is not what I was asking him for or about. I consider this a coward move and response avoidance.

I know that GBs usually have unforeseen delays for various reasons and I'm okay with that, however I'm not okay with the fact that a simple information about the delay wasn't provided when it became available to the GB organizer. By the way his response was - "I'm aware of this unexpected timeframe since over a week now but I didn't had the balls to tell you right away. It really made my stomach ache".

Don't believe me? Check the other well known platform that starts with the "desk"
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 November 2018, 11:56:33 by omikron »

Offline ampt

« Reply #688 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 12:08:55 »
Some info for the GB participants - I was concerned about the lack of feedback and information from the GB organizer since there was no updates for quite a while and when I finally got a response regarding update it was questionable.

So I asked to provide me with the name of the company that does the metal work since my own project may help with production quota and I was planning to submit my order to the same manufacturer. Got another very questionable response from the GB organizer. Then he approached me personally and offered me a refund, which is not what I asked for. I asked more questions regarding handling this situation and in response GB organizer just decided to cancel my order, deleted one of my countries of residence from his ordering page and now refuses to send me a new invoice for my second address. Even though he sent me a refund this is not what I was asking him for or about. I consider this a coward move and response avoidance.

I know that GBs usually have unforeseen delays for various reasons and I'm okay with that, however I'm not okay with the fact that a simple information about the delay wasn't provided when it became available to the GB organizer. By the way his response was - "I'm aware of this unexpected timeframe since over a week now but I didn't had the balls to tell you right away. It really made my stomach ache".

Don't believe me? Check the other well known platform that starts with the "desk"

If you're unhappy with how this GB is being run, go run your own. PS has been nothing but transparent and forward during every step of the process. The manufacturers can't make the parts in the timeline we all want, but that's the way the world works. Throwing a tantrum isn't going to solve anything, and in this case, you got what you deserved.

Offline macken

« Reply #689 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 12:23:11 »

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to start my SKB75-build in february.

« Reply #690 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 13:56:36 »

i can understand the disappointment regarding the updated timeline. apart from that you are the only person that got upset about this. it is obvious you have too much spare time and that you are generally frustrated and this forum happens to be your outlet now. I refunded you, which means you are out of this GB, therefore have no reson to take your crap here anymore. also I really have no idea what this address stuff is you are talking about. I just did a simple refund, nothing else.

I'm not going to respond to your other bs. maybe for some people, stuff like this can be entertaining. so for those of you, I suggest you grab some popcorn and read his bs over on dt.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:02:20 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline LordHellmchen

« Reply #691 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:01:22 »
Wow, what a drama. I have to say: I'm fully in support how PS has handled this. This is a community gb. Some financial risk for me, incredibly much work for the organizer.

Offline catamscott

« Reply #692 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:03:34 »

to be fair, i can empathize with the gb runner's reaction in this scenario. this gb has been running since april, and the runner has encountered issue after issue and has had a lot of responsibility and stress placed upon him to figure everything out and communicate this all to the 100+ participants on multiple forums. i can imagine the distress of learning that parts won't be ready until february and anxiety of having to tell everyone that there will be yet another delay. after all, the gb runner is just a regular person who has a whole life outside of this gb, and it sounds like it's been adversely affecting their mental health and negatively impacting their life. i for one am thankful that the gb runner has been rolling with the punches and figuring this gb out and being transparent about everything. after all, he's putting himself through a lot of stress so that he can provide an really neat and affordable custom case the community, and that's an extremely admirable thing in my opinion.

« Reply #693 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:07:47 »
hehe, I just had a fun idea.
before he was refunded, omikron was in for a SKB75.
before I ship everything, I'll make another raffle with this SKB75.
so thanks to him one more SKB75 will be given away  :-*
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:09:36 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline omikron

« Reply #694 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 14:18:39 »
Who of us is not a regular person?

I wish next winner a good luck to get his new case by march.

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #695 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 10:09:43 »
UPDATE (order list):

I updated the order list. Everyone should please check if his order is correct. Even if you had checked already in one of the earlier lists, please check again.
The ones who won an extra SKB have theirs already added in the list.

I have given up on those who got their invoice long time ago but still haven't paid. This is luckily not a problem anymore, since the posting on reddit has indeed made up for them.

There are a few who signed up after the reddit announcement but haven't paid jet. That's ok, since they just joined recently. They are accounted for in the order quantity.
I decided to put only those into this list who have paid their invoice. I think this is a more sensitive way, than exposing the others. List will be updated when more have paid.

Again as searchable PDF, attached to this post.

Hi, just realised... I'm not on this list. I was down for the SKB60 WKL, we converged over email and on GH PM!

« Reply #696 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 14:40:04 »
Hi, just realised... I'm not on this list. I was down for the SKB60 WKL, we converged over email and on GH PM!

don't worry, that list is old. it had quite a few mistakes. will post a corrected version next week.

Offline Electrum

« Reply #697 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 15:19:38 »
hehe, I just had a fun idea.
before he was refunded, omikron was in for a SKB75.
before I ship everything, I'll make another raffle with this SKB75.
so thanks to him one more SKB75 will be given away  :-*

Lmao I love this approach. Nothing but respect man. Thanks for doing all of this for us :) not all of us mind the wait for a great looking product

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #698 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 15:43:43 »
I don't give a rat's ass about delays. This is a totally new case and not the 625th chinese alu milled case. I am also very happy about how this GB is run and I'm looking forward to building this case next year. Not only is the GB runner a real person with their own life, the participants are as well, and they have lives that do not depend in the slightest on some keyboard case delivery date.

Cheers all and have a great december!
I like keyboards

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #699 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 17:23:13 »
Just checking in, February still the goal? Also an updated orders list was mentioned a few weeks back, would be great to let everyone verify their orders. :)
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate