Author Topic: Looking for suggestions about an issue with the Varmilo VA108 board.  (Read 1457 times)

Offline banternlantern

I have a Varmilo VA108 that has the power cable attached to the case, not the one with the micro USB power port.

My issue is that the power/USB cable is not working properly, and will not be responsive unless held/moved a certain way. As you could imagine, this is impossible to use realistically anymore.

I am not very good with hardware mods, especially power-related issues, but was hoping that maybe someone would have a suggestion on a DIY way I could fix this, as Varmilo is nearly impossible to get in touch with and I think Massdrop will not be able to do anything about it.

I am willing to try to fix the issue myself, but any guidance, pointers, or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline jcoffin1981

Re: Looking for suggestions about an issue with the Varmilo VA108 board.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 06:50:49 »
Sounds like the power cable needs to be replaced.  However, as you said you are not good with DIY stuff, so soldering a new cable on is probably not realistic.  This however is like a $200 board is it not?  This complicates things.  A little more reluctant to throw it away and buy a new one.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline Riverman

Re: Looking for suggestions about an issue with the Varmilo VA108 board.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 12:29:44 »
I wonder if someone on this board would be willing to fix it for you?  Popping open the case and replacing the cable is a pretty trivial job for someone who's good at soldering, assuming the cable is a standard type that can actually be bought somewhere.