Author Topic: MD is stocking Holy Pandas soon  (Read 16937 times)

Offline bengine

Re: MD is stocking Holy Pandas soon
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:51:39 »
Is there a timeline that corresponds with "soon"? Is there a confirmation of that timeline from someone who would be personally involved with the project (27 or Zisb)? I would rather get something from MassDrop for sure, especially since this would be considered a R2 of the OG Pandas, but SuperVan already has a proven product and all we have here is a confirmation that it is in the works (and has been for 6+ months).

Check this one: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98406.msg2686105#msg2686105. From 27 himself.

Offline Justin_aka_OsP_SSJ4

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 19:56:11 »
Is there a timeline that corresponds with "soon"? Is there a confirmation of that timeline from someone who would be personally involved with the project (27 or Zisb)? I would rather get something from MassDrop for sure, especially since this would be considered a R2 of the OG Pandas, but SuperVan already has a proven product and all we have here is a confirmation that it is in the works (and has been for 6+ months).

supposedly this month for these, but im not sure if that's for samples or the drop

With the holiday period approaching its gonna drop soon i'd imagine. Or be pushed back to mid Jan.

Speculating within 2 weeks Massdrop buy will open up.

Approaching? W're already past the main holiday shopping spree period..
I'm talking alot of businesses slow down during christmas and new years (outside of retail). And people are busy with their families.
You either release something just before christams to take advantage of the retail boom, or you wait until afterwards.

Also talking worldwide.

DC60 w/ DZ60 PCB & Steel plate w/ 3mm neoprene foam - 68g Chellows Lubed w/ 3204 - Find me on twitch/twitter Osprey_SSJ4

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 20:01:33 »
I already bought some Zilent V2s to use for my board at work and I use BKEs at home, but glad to see this will happen so people aren't spending an arm and a leg for the switches they want.  Now if MD would make their own Brown Alps...

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 20:09:00 »
This my kinda good news, looking forward to seeing what unfolds!

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 20:10:04 »
I’m looking to get 200 if MD really go through with this

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 20:10:58 »

Offline Juiceion

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 21:14:44 »

Check this one: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98406.msg2686105#msg2686105. From 27 himself.
I saw that already. I was mainly looking for a confirmation on a timeline so I know whether or not to wait for them to be tested and sent out, or if I need to just jump on SuperVan's GB. I think I will hold off until around the 21st or so and if I can't get wifi on my boat I will need to jump on something before my last chance at Holy Pandas slips through my fingers.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 December 2018, 21:24:39 by Juiceion »

Offline poodude

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 21:44:00 »
The timing of all this seems awfully convenient, I hope it's true. It sure would be good for the community. Hopefully more info shakes out in the next few weeks.

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 21:45:17 »
What a development. This whole Panda vs Gsus Vs massdrop holy pandas fiasco is absolutely insane.

Still, i'm really happy to see I won't have to buy a ****ty linear stem and a mediocre housing to make holy pandas anymore.

Woooo!
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 00:01:20 »
Sounds too good to be true, buy hey, this is a good news to hear.
I think I will have to pend joining the Gsus GB and wait for further update on this.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 00:11:19 »
well damn. will be in for at least 150 of em.

Offline bard

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 00:26:11 »
I'm glad that I did not join Gsus GB.
Fingers crossed to MD.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 01:01:57 »
Really?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 01:49:12 »
Really?

really

The timing of all this seems awfully convenient, I hope it's true. It sure would be good for the community. Hopefully more info shakes out in the next few weeks.

MD has been working on this since June, so it's moreso that the GSUS timing is bad
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline vegs

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 02:48:31 »
yuge if true
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 03:42:47 »
I'm ready. Let's see what you got, MD.

Offline kolicivan

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 04:56:27 »
Should I get these or Zealios V2s?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 04:58:54 »

If you want.

Offline Olitender

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 05:00:25 »

do it
Going into heat.

Offline dario

• obsessive–compulsive hardware slut
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 05:30:44 »

Yes.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 07:30:32 »
This is huge. Thanks puddsy.

Offline vegs

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 08:03:49 »
ne proof avail?
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 08:09:40 »
ne proof avail?

Outside of currently taking someone's word for it?  Probably doesn't exist.  However I trust MD more than some Chinese guy, living in Russia, doing shady **** with non-original molds...
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline Solotov

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 09:24:47 »
Will MD provide some kind of proof (eg. reviews by well known community members) that new holy panda is identical to original holy panda? Even though it uses the same mold, the feelings might be different as the mold was damaged.
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 09:26:38 »
I don't understand you people.  I don't see how this many people could like the feel of holy pandas.  I have the ability to make them and would rather use stock linear pandas.  /shrug

Offline lendflat

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 09:30:38 »
I don't understand you people.  I don't see how this many people could like the feel of holy pandas.  I have the ability to make them and would rather use stock linear pandas.  /shrug

Good for you, what are you going to tell us next, how much more you prefer fat girls?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 09:41:57 »

Good for you, what are you going to tell us next, how much more you prefer fat girls?

Yes, to each their own, and I'm sure many people would like the feel of these switches, just not the majority of users.

I personally get no pleasure or accuracy from typing on a switch with a very stiff and rigid bump accompanied by a drastically harsh bottoming out.  Also, I look forward to further comments berating fat people on Geekhack. You are a true gem of a forum user.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 09:52:20 »

The plot thickens....

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:03:31 »
I'd appreciate if you didn't spread falsehoods.  I haven't left the country, or even my province since May, and I certainly do not have the money to buy 100k switches.  None of our classmates or friends did any of the design work, and certainly you can't expect Kaihl to be revealing information about a major client.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:07:35 »
I'd appreciate if you didn't spread falsehoods.  I haven't left the country, or even my province since May, and I certainly do not have the money to buy 100k switches.  None of our classmates or friends did any of the design work, and certainly you can't expect Kaihl to be revealing information about a major client.
only truth is you came back for daily woof
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:07:58 »

Those December woofs dragged me back in.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:09:21 »

Those December woofs dragged me back in.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline leece3

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:11:34 »
"It's confirmed. It's confirmed. It's confirmed"

What really? Shipment of my Mech27 round 2? By the elusive 27 himself?

Sounds like Christmas and my birthday fall together, and I see already my shiny new Holy Pandas in my shiny new Mech27 board. After all, the sales of new Pandas first should provide enough funds to ship the
remaining Mech27 boards out, not?

*) When all I really need is a quality popcorn GB somewhere..

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:12:00 »

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:12:35 »
"It's confirmed. It's confirmed. It's confirmed"

What really? Shipment of my Mech27 round 2? By the elusive 27 himself?

Sounds like Christmas and my birthday fall together, and I see already my shiny new Holy Pandas in my shiny new Mech27 board. After all, the sales of new Pandas first should provide enough funds to ship the
remaining Mech27 boards out, not?

*) When all I really need is a quality popcorn GB somewhere..

That's the plan.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:19:40 »
Show Image

lol This one I haven't seen yet. Saving.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:21:40 »
This is better than 90's Eastenders.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:22:57 »
Way too much "He said" "She said" going on in these threads.

Especially by one guy who's got one set of switches, who's claiming people are liars, and here they come into the thread to prove him wrong....
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline dimo

MD is stocking Holy Pandas soon
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:29:28 »
Goddamn, these are the most starkly different accounts i’ve seen from two mildly respected parties.

I’m not sure what 27 and pudds would have to gain from this. If they’re lying they literally just killed any reputation they had

But Supervan might be reaching his breaking point since his GB will completely flop if the MD rumors are true. Also explains the deadline extension.

Idktho
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:39:30 by dimo »

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:42:27 »
md owns gh  :-X if puddsy were lie woud they not censor??? :rolleyes: end tp4

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:50:01 »
Same deal as in the Other Thread and elsewhere on the forum: please cover your pitchforks and remember to post in a respectful manner.

Massdrop has repeatedly stated that the site remains community-moderated, which is what it is.  So far they have stayed out of this discussion.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:51:00 »
Same deal as in the Other Thread and elsewhere on the forum: please cover your pitchforks and remember to post in a respectful manner.

Massdrop has repeatedly stated that the site remains community-moderated, which is what it is.  So far they have stayed out of this discussion.

sry thought the /s was obvious enough...

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:55:32 »

Oh so me pointing out that they wouldn't gain anything from lying here isn't respectful but SuperVans post can stay? you're a joke mate.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 10:58:25 »

Apologize for a previous comment if it wasn't in good taste...

However, seeing Supervan make some very wild accusations, and that post remaining is pretty interesting...

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 11:11:56 »
Moderation note:

This thread has been locked, as it was posted on behalf of other people/organization potentially without everyone's consent, and then more posts were added about those people in return that may or may not be true (some of those since removed).  The whole thing is just a rumor mill filled with unnecessary drama.  If Massdrop is indeed working on a Holy Panda switch, they will announce it when they are ready. 
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -