Author Topic: [IC] GMK Ishtar -- Goes Live July 28th!  (Read 96249 times)

Offline Bachoo

[IC] GMK Ishtar -- Goes Live July 28th!
« on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 20:39:44 »
Introducing GMK Ishtar

GROUP BUY POST ----> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107776.0

Hey everyone! Because of a sudden influx of time due to self-isolation, this concept thats been in my head for a while can finally come into fruition.
I present GMK Ishtar, a concept based on everyone's favorite goddess Ishtar from Fate/GO.

Ishtar is the goddess of beauty, good harvests, war, lust, discord, fertility and Venus in Mesopotamian Mythology/Sumerian Mythology/Babylonian Mythology, and one among the many mother goddesses whose power is derived from the Earth Mother. Said to be the most pampered, or rather, the most beloved goddess by the other deities.

JOIN THE DISCORD FOR THE GIVEAWAYS! https://discord.gg/D4a3anR

Website is out!: https://gmkishtar.com/

Kits (Update 05/30/2020)
Base kit

Kuro Addon

Tengoku Addon (Spaces)

Novelties (04/16/2020)

Rama Keycap

Renders (update: 05/02/2020)
Renders by King:
Iron165

TGR Jane

Tengu

Renders by me:
iS0

KBD67V2 MKII

Rama M60 A

Deskmat
The deskmat is designed from her noble phantasm An Gal Tā Kigal Shē (from the great heavens towards the great earth).
Upon employing the Noble Phantasm, she warps to Venus and takes possession of its concept by means of management rights, loading it and firing it from her bow as a conceptual planet.

Braided Cable by Zeuscables
There is going to be 25 LEMO connectors available for the GB!!!

Note: Regular version of the cable is also an option for the set, just wanted to show off this one :)

Pricing

Vendors
-(Canada) Deskhero
-(Oceania) Daily Clack
-(Europe) mykeyboard.eu
-(Asia) zFrontier
-(US) Kono

Timeline / Updates
Update 05/02/2020: Even more renders are here by the amazing King, very affordable renders and good memer too, if you wanna commission him for a future set please go here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101944. Im gonna still be working on more renders for you guys personally because I want to learn, but I hope you like them!

Update 4/24/2020: More renders are here with the updated colors! I'm still working on getting more renders out so stay tuned! The website is updated as well! More vendors are here, and the set is looking to run at july!

Update 4/17/2020: Updated some small changes to the kits and well as changed the "gold" highlight colors to be a bit more vibrant, I finished color matching everything so next step is to get more and better renders out! also website out so go check that out too: https://www.gmkishtar.com/

Update 4/13/2020: Deskmat is here! Finishing up on novelties next and then going to produce more and more renders!

Update 4/11/2020: Lots of feedback on kits, so the finalised kits are here! I've gotten some amazing feedback on the google form (thank you so much), and since kits are now finished up, I can focus on the getting some more novelties for you! Stay tuned for the desk mat as well! Please note that any renders before 04/11/2020 will have the old legends and set.

Todo
-more novelties from google form (go please go fill out the form i'd love you forever)
-more renders
-rama collab
-finalize deskmat
-actually get a vendor (pls)

Thank you to the following:
-Papithered // Papi for doing the banner and helping with novelties and deskmat, always being an amazing person to bounce ideas off of
-King for the amazing renders
-Blacksimon for yelling at my set and giving me the iS0 file
-Smith and Rune for the iron165 Case model
-Swishy for all the help and support he has given to me
-Rama for graciously providing their case for rendering
-KBDFans for also graciously providing their case for rendering
-This set wouldn't be possible without the Keycap Designers Discord, so shoutout to those cool cats.

If you want to support me please consider adding this signature to your profile

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105625.0][img width=400 height=140]https://i.imgur.com/8xCrb3f.jpg[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 July 2020, 10:54:32 by Bachoo »

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

Re: [IC] GMK Ishtar
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 20:42:38 »
I am conflicted, my inner weeb is celebrating all these anime kits but at the same time aren't we getting too many? Let's save some of these for later, I mean at the current rate we will run out of nice characters.  :eek:

Offline ilikerustoo

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 20:43:23 »
I like it

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 20:45:09 »
Where's that copy pasta when we need it?

But in all seriousness, I think this one could have potential.

Offline Raravin

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 20:54:21 »
iinb4 another weeb set

also your sig image is broken
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2020, 20:59:01 by Raravin »

Offline fropsie

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 20:55:57 »
Where's that copy pasta when we need it?

But in all seriousness, I think this one could have potential.
I got you:
Love the effort behind this set, but come on... another weeb set? This isn't more-so directed to you OP, as the effort behind this is obviously there, and there is thought behind it, but I am sick of the constant IC posts themed after Animes. Its just too much at this point. People gotta tone it down a little with these constant Anime themed keyset posts. Its like every other week another one pops up.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 20:57:21 »
Don't get me wrong I love the colors of the set, it's just there are so many anime ones and I feel like it makes us who have shorter budgets have to make too many difficult choices and its hard.  :(

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 21:04:13 »
iinb4 another weeb set

also your sig image is broken

I fixed the sig image thanks  ^-^

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 21:27:34 »
2nd tab if you're gonna be offering an alternative alphas kit so you can cover two boards with both kits please
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2020, 21:30:32 by Kokaloo »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:16:42 »
Well hey, at least there's no hiragana this time.

Offline KKoNaM

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:34:47 »
With all the weeb sets going on in IC right now, I wonder why no one has not made a set inspired by Saber yet. 

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:40:03 »
Rama M60 A
Show Image

Show Image

It should be illegal to render the M60-A with this layout, wtf is going on with that bottom row and full backspace? It's so cursed. :eek:

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:42:32 »
It should be illegal to render the M60-A with this layout, wtf is going on with that bottom row and full backspace? It's so cursed. :eek:

yeah sorry, i'm still newer to blender / rendering so its a bit iffy when it comes to getting exact details on it, will get better renders in soon.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:45:38 by Bachoo »

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 08 April 2020, 22:48:17 »

yeah sorry, i'm still newer to blender / rendering so its a bit iffy when it comes to getting exact details on it, will get better renders in soon.

Well I'll be, you're new to it? Here I am trying to make a box on fusion360 and you have a 95% completed Rama M60-A...

Offline stopitsme

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 00:05:58 »
is it actually a weeb set with out hirgana ? :thinking:

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 00:11:04 »

I'm a big fan of minimalism, and I find that hiragana clutters keycap space too much, I could make it into its own kit if the demand is there though.

Offline Novafish

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 01:10:25 »

I'm a big fan of minimalism, and I find that hiragana clutters keycap space too much, I could make it into its own kit if the demand is there though.

pls give weeb legends

Offline ryou965

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 03:20:30 »
Ereshkigal extension kit please : (

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 04:12:15 »
With all the weeb sets going on in IC right now, I wonder why no one has not made a set inspired by Saber yet.
GMK Fate failed the IC.
GMK Alter was a runaway success.
Made one wonder, eh?
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 April 2020, 04:28:34 by nguyenhimself »

Offline Hanabi

• Falling into a black hole.
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 04:21:47 »
Nice!

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 04:29:23 »

The solution is, obviously, a Hiragana-only Kit. Let the weebs play with themselves.

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 13:21:16 »

The solution is, obviously, a Hiragana-only Kit. Let the weebs play with themselves.

That does seem to be the solution, but then I have to make 2 kits for the white and dark alphas with hiragana, its not an issue for me, but would people want 4 kits in total?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 13:32:25 »

That does seem to be the solution, but then I have to make 2 kits for the white and dark alphas with hiragana, its not an issue for me, but would people want 4 kits in total?

No, 4 alpha kits will not likely make MOQ.

I suggest not doing a dark alpha kit, but if you do, turn into Hiragana sub alpha kit as well.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2020, 18:32:22 by nasp »

Offline JayVoltage

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 13:40:17 »
if you manage to keep the FGO logo novelty, i'll shout you a quartz pack. THERE'S NO WAY

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 13:43:05 »
I'm in just for the novelties

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 13:49:10 »

No. 4 alpha kits will not likely make MOQ.

I suggest not doing a dark alpha kit, but if you do, turn into Hiragana sub alpha kit as well.

I personally really like the dark alphas, so the options are hiragana or dark alphas right now. I am a man of the people so whatever people want more I'll give to them.

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 14:23:24 »

No. 4 alpha kits will not likely make MOQ.

I personally really like the dark alphas, so the options are hiragana or dark alphas right now. I am a man of the people so whatever people want more I'll give to them.

heres a quick render for the hiragana, if thats what people want

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 15:01:53 »
This looks great! Keep the dark alphas! We have enough weeb sets with sublegends lol
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 16:00:23 »
How does the dark grey color compare with N9? This isn't urgent, but at some point maybe we could see the two next to each other.

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 01:33:23 »
This is pretty amazing to see one of my favorite characters on a keyset, considering the number of characters available in the Fate series.

Observations/Suggestions:

- Kuro set is missing F-Row keys for full black/red set
- Accent key color is on the yellow side, not sure if a gold more closely resembling her look is achievable

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 14:43:58 »
no tsangan?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline itsAvient

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 19:45:52 »
A friend linked me this, and I have to say, I made an account on this site just to say that I would buy this in a heartbeat. Great work, hope to see it come to fruition.

Offline Ulliam

• Formerly Papithered
  • 𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖎.𝖆𝖒
Re: [IC] GMK Ishtar (UPDATED)
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 19:00:18 »
So in for this! Love the kuro.

Offline 28.8kbps

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 13:19:06 »
I love the gold! Any chance of a uk iso set?

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 16:28:02 »
I love the gold! Any chance of a uk iso set?

Wait.. I dont think im missing any keys for uk iso. if so can you let me know? I swear I was being thorough 🙏

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [IC] GMK Ishtar (DESKMAT IS HERE)
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 21:15:55 »
I think the PrtSc, Scroll, Pause keys should be mod colored (black). Not only will it look better on ≥TKLs imo, but it will also enable you to use those keys (most notably PrtSc) on smaller layouts (65%, 75%, even 1800), whereas you can't really do that if they're alpha colored.

Also, consider using Print, Scroll legends instead of PrtSc, Scroll↲Lock, they look better.

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 21:30:32 »
I think the PrtSc, Scroll, Pause keys should be mod colored (black). Not only will it look better on ≥TKLs imo, but it will also enable you to use those keys (most notably PrtSc) on smaller layouts (65%, 75%, even 1800), whereas you can't really do that if they're alpha colored.

Also, consider using Print, Scroll legends instead of PrtSc, Scroll↲Lock, they look better.

I'll take a look at modifying the legends themselves, the kuro addon makes the PrtSc, Scroll, Pause keys black!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 21:49:21 »
I'll take a look at modifying the legends themselves, the kuro addon makes the PrtSc, Scroll, Pause keys black!

But I don't want to be forced to buy an add-on kit just to be able to use this set on a 65% or 75%.

Offline Mayflower

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 21:59:10 »
Personally I didn't care whether you included hiragana, however after seeing the hiragana render I'm going to jump in and say +1 for hiragana on the base alphas and dark set for non-hiragana (assuming it's either this or no hiragana).
Also, I don't know how others necessarily feel about this or whether anyone else even cares about this, but personally I dislike having a centred shift and a non-centred caps lock. I think you should either run the caps lock centred as well to fit uniformity of the rest of the board or to run all of them in the same fashion as the caps lock.
A secondary suggestion to this would be to offer a text kit for backspace, enter, Rshift and Lshift, tab and caps lock.
Anyway, aside from these changes I think the set is looking very promising. Nicely done OP!

Offline Mayflower

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 22:05:31 »
Also I just want to voice my solidarity with konstatin's aforementioned point. I agree that it might look a little nicer with the alpha colours.

As an aside, just saw the updated deskmat - looks exquisite  :thumb:

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 22:27:34 »
Also I just want to voice my solidarity with konstatin's aforementioned point. I agree that it might look a little nicer with the alpha colours.

As an aside, just saw the updated deskmat - looks exquisite  :thumb:

Thanks so much for the kind words! (on both your posts), I've done many tiny changes to each set based on feedback from fellow designers as well as people from the google form, I have indeed fixed the shift key issue, and overall made the kit better, I'll re-upload everything once I finish up the new novelties! Also about the text kit, definetly considered, but I dont know about it hitting moq, especisially since im running gmk -- im a big fan of minimalism so I dont like to see too too much text in places/keycaps.

Offline dzbro

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 22:30:14 »
I can't wait for this to drop.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 03:38:12 »
rin a ****

gl with ic

very nice desk mat
I love Elzy

Offline SmilingPudding

• 60% is the best layout.
    • Instagram
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 03:59:50 »
In for the deskmat!

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 12:02:24 »
rin a ****

gl with ic

very nice desk mat

Thanks so much! You can thank Papithered for bringing the deskmat into reality! (as well as polishing most of my mockups, hes a real one)

Offline Poromancer

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 18:46:16 »
Nice to see Ishtar, but any plans for Ereshkigal?

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 19:34:21 »
Nice to see Ishtar, but any plans for Ereshkigal?

Maybe a Ereshkigal / Gilgamesh set sometime in the future. I'd want my next gmk set to not be a weeb one ;)

Offline Zenith10010

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 23:38:03 »
That deskmat is incredible. Definitely picking that up!

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 00:36:23 »
Considering minimalism, funny thing is that GMK Minimal uses full text on the mods.

However, I think the icon (arrows) fit the theme better.

Both would look good.

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 05:54:42 »
Considering minimalism, funny thing is that GMK Minimal uses full text on the mods.

However, I think the icon (arrows) fit the theme better.

Both would look good.
I'm constantly updating the kits's legends based on feedback, i changed "ctrl" to "control", and i'm in the process right now of properly color matching everything to see what it'd look like irl.