Author Topic: Keyboard renders  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Error213

Keyboard renders
« on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 00:54:08 »
Hello, I’ve been experimenting with the software blender and am working on making photorealistic renders for people, keycaps or keyboard I am trying, any tips people can give me?

Offline cest73

Re: Keyboard renders
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 03:26:41 »
Perhaps get both 2.79 (old) and the most recent blender - some particular plugins might be available for only the old one.

This might apply for your particular use or not.

Other than that I'm a blenderer my self too so I'm totally subscribing to this thread as well  :thumb:

Offline Error213

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 11:26:31 »
Perhaps get both 2.79 (old) and the most recent blender - some particular plugins might be available for only the old one.

Other than that I'm a blenderer my self too so I'm totally subscribing to this thread as well  :thumb:
huh ok I use 2.83, what plug-ins are on the older one

Offline cest73

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 15:21:13 »

huh ok I use 2.83, what plug-ins are on the older one
Let emphasis be on perhaps, so far i only used Blender for the switch plate design and preparation for CNC (not milled yet tho).

I suspect that the older blender might have a STEP import plugin somewhere but i didn't bother with that as i managed to get the STEP converted to STL via KiCAD.

FWIW KiCAD seems to do a quite decent job in all things keyboard design renders included.