Author Topic: [IC] BMEK - Alice + HHKB = ❤️🦈 | IC Completed: Raffle/GB Announced!  (Read 42735 times)

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
IC Closed! GB Thread here

1. Introduction & Motivation

This is an IC for an HHKB-Alice-like case & PCB. The name BMEK stands for Bemeier Ergonomic Keyboard. I’ve documented the progress of this design in the Making Stuff Together forums since October 2019.
The entire project (case design, PCB, etc) is published under an open source license (GitHub). Me and others in that thread have machined copies of the design from different plastic materials using small CNCs and 3D Printing services.

Now we want to ascend to a metal (aluminum) version and share the joy with others. The best way to make this also economically feasible is in the form of a group buy.

The design is pretty mature at this point, and the first first prototypes have arrived (for review of the prototypes, see here):

There are still a number of things to be figured out & discussed before heading straight to a GB:

• An estimate of how many people are interested
  • Final set of color options
  • Kit options and addons
  • Group buy procedure

IC FORMS
1. General Interest Check / “Keep me updated” form

2 Colors Form

3. Kits / Options Form

The last form might require you to sign into your google account (to prevent vote manipulation).
Please let me know if that's a problem for you, and I'll provide you with an alternative link later!

Join the Discord Sever

2. Design

The BMEK design is unique in a number of ways. First and foremost it sports an HHKB-style layout combined with the ergonomically rotated center clusters similar to Alice-likes. We also keep (a version of) the macro-keys on the left from the Alice-like layout. However, the key-placement was redone from scratch, changing some of the (to my mind) awkward key placements inherited from the original EM7 layout, such as the stepped bottom row modifiers.

Another design principle was symmetry. The case is symmetric along it’s vertical center axis, and the key layout conforms to this symmetry: The opposing homing keys and opposing outer-most keys have the same distance to the center of the case. BMEK further differs from your typical Alice-like with it’s more aggressive looking outline. The top and side edges follow the key layout instead of being square, which (to my knowledge) hasn't been done previously, either.

3. Assembly

It’s a high profile case with top-mounted assembly. There is an option to fasten the PCB to the top case when using the hot-swap PCB (a solder-only PCB will also be available).
The typing angle is 6 degrees, the center clusters are rotated inwards by 10 degrees.
The distance from the plate/switches from the ground is kept as low as possible.
The bottom case can house a non-cosmetic weight (i.e., it’s not visible from the outside).
A fully assembled case (with weight, PCB, Plate Switches and Keycaps) comes in at 1855g.

4. Layout Options & Plate

There are four layout options (keyboard layout editor), all supported with the same plate:
  • 2U backspace VS Split backspace
  • 2.75u right shift VS split right shift
  • 2.75u spacebar VS 2.25u spacebar (both left and right half)
  • 2.25u left shift vs ISO-style split left-shift

(TODO: the plate image above doesn't show the split left-shift yet)

Note that all layout options will be available both on the hotswap and the solder PCB.
However, when assembling the hotswap PCB, you'll have to decide for which layout to configure the hotswap sockets.
(i.e. just like with layout options for the switches, the socket footprints overlap with some offset).

Flex Plate

An alu-flex/half plate will be available as an extra, for details see here:

(Color of the flex plate prototypes is the teal from the hammerhead colorway. Flex plate will only be available in a single color, which may not be teal)

Blocker
The original concept for the BMEK was to use 2x2.75u spacebars (for the symmetry). While I wanted to keep this option, the reality is that spacebar kits often just include 1x2.75u and 1x2.25u.
The blocker fills the gap when using a 2.25u spacebar instead of a 2.75u spacebar. It can be used on either side.
The blocker is designed to go just up to the chamfer of the inner edge of the top case.
This leaves the original symmetric lines of the high profile case in tact while filling the missing gap nicely:

Personally, I've started to like the look quite a bit. If this works out to look this good and tight in reality, I feel this is a feature more than it is a compromise.
What is more, alternative blocker designs are certainly possible.  A polished brass blocker design with some logo engraved could add a unique accent. If any artisans want to take this up, I’d be happy to lend support!

5. PCB

• QMK / VIA Support!
  • USB-C (full usb-c to usb-c support)
  • ESD Protection (thanks to help from ai03!)
  • 2 Versions: Hotswap & Solder
  • Color: good-old green soldermask
  • 6 optional LEDs for various indicators & cosmetic effects
  • Depending on the layout options, you will require 4-6 2U PCB mounted stabilizers.

6. Manufacturing

We’re very likely using 3DHubs for the of machining case, plates and bottom weights. Turns out they are not much more expensive than quotes I’ve gotten from manufacturers in China (at least for someone like me without deep connections into the manufacturing scene there). They are also a good fit for me as a single person running this group buy: They will source and QC all the parts before shipping them to me bundled up, also all other costs are know upfront (there will be no surprises with import taxes for me, etc). 3DHubs also really fits with the spirit of the “Making Stuff Together” & Open Source heritage of this project. It is really easy for individuals to use their service to produce copies of BMEK parts (or derivatives). Of course, single parts are expensive (in particular CNC parts), but I guess it’s nice to know that you have that option :).

The same is true for the PCBs. All files and instructions will be made available, so you could just order the PCB yourself from JLCPCB or similar suppliers.

7. Colors & Materials

Case & Plate in this group buy will only be made in Aluminum (see FAQ for why no other materials will be part of this GB)
I have proposed a number of colors, and in the color poll you can vote on an extra color to add.

These colors will definitely be available:
Case
  • Black
  • Dark Blue (~Pantone 533 C)
  • Dark Violet (~Pantone 5115 C)
  • Anthracite Gray (~RAL 7016)
  • Silver (*see Note 1)

Plate
  • Black
  • Teal (Pantone 3258C)
  • Silver (*see Note 1)

Note 1: Beware that unanodized also means that the aluminium surface will not be hardened, and thus not be as scratch resistant as the anodized versions.
I absolutely wouldn't worry about this for the plate, however for the case this is something too keep in mind.
This option is really for people that plan to do something custom to their, such as getting it powder coated, cerakoted, or even anodizing yourself.

Note 2: I know this will disappoint some people, but I cannot offer e-coatings such as e-white or e-yellow. I don’t have that option at my current manufacturer.
To keep the work manageable for me, and the price low, I do not want to involve another (overseas) party.

8. Renders

Disclaimer: As usual, these renders are for illustration. Details, especially the colors of case & keycap sets in the renders may not reflect the final outcome.
Also, the renders in this thread may not accurately reflect the available layout options for a given keycap set (exact labels of the Sys/Code modfier etc).
I'll be updating & fixing these mistakes wherever we spot them.

Hammerhead Colorway

The Dark Blue Case and Teal Plate colors were picked to go along with GMK Hammerhead.
Thanks to @KeyLabs for providing me with their design files for these renders.
The fact that the BMEK looks like a the head of a hammerhead shark is pure coincidence, but once I discovered that, I had to commit:

Various Combinations

EPBT Neon colors + Black + Teal

More

GMK 9009 + Dark Violet + Black

GMK Laser (Cyberdeck) + Dark Blue + Teal (Renders of other combinations here!)

GMK Striker + Dark Blue + Black

GMK Nautilus + Dark Blue + Teal

GMK Bingsu (now with fixed mod/alpha colors :cool:) + Dark Violet + Black

GMK Olivia + Black + Black

GMK Dracula + Black + Teal

GMK Dracula with VIM keys from ERR kit + Black + Black

EPBT White on Black + Black + Black

EPBT Neon colors + Dark Violet + Teal

<<== CLICK FOR MORE

9. Kit Options

The base kit will at least include the following items:
  • 1x Top Case
  • 1x Bottom Case
  • 1x Plate
  • 1x PCB (hot swap or solder)
  • Screws & Hex-keys
  • Rubber feet
  • Copper bottom weight (~700g)

I cannot offer to ship the hotswap PCBs pre-soldered with the hotswap sockets. I will have to solder all the USB connectors & LEDs by hand, and that’s already plenty of work :)
Plus, since some of the socket position depend on the layout option you prefer, there will be some soldering on your end either way.
Best I could do is to offer to buy the sockets in bulk and ship them along for you to solder (soldering the hotswap sockets is just as easy as soldering switches).

Extra plates & PCBs will be available at reasonable cost.

DIY Kits
I’ve been thinking about offering DIY kits, for those that don’t want to buy a full case but want to make their own cases “at home”. These would just include the PCB, Plate & Screws.
These kits would be available & shipped as in-stock items after the GB is completed.

Experimental: Dampening Kits
I have laser cut a variety of dampening material from foam and silicone:

These were evaluated with the prototypes, but they had too little effect and will likely not be available as extras.
But ofc I'll publish all templates/files so you can experiment with this stuff yourself!

10. Group Buy / Procedure

This is my first group buy as a host, so I’d appreciate suggestions on the preferred procedure (raffle, fcfs, …), duration, payment, etc. of the group buy.
Given that I'm doing this alone, there will be an upper limit on orders/cases that I can sell (in the order of 50).
This is what I can manage while ensuring that everything goes at a good pace and smoothness..

Price

Planned price is 299€ for the base kit as described above, excl fees and shipping.
Prices for extras TBD.

Shipping

I'll ship "worldwide" (from Germany, to wherever DHL allows me to ship too).
Beware that due to the virus, international parcels are currently a bit more expensive.
Let's hope this situation improves. I'm also going to look into getting business prices for shipping (which are also slightly more expensive, but not as much as for private customers).

Progress and Timeline
  • Still figuring out the bureaucracy, as such a GB is being considered a taxable business in Germany ;)
  • Hoping to move to GB mid September.
  • Estimated time between GB (after I received all payment) and shipping: 6 weeks

11. FAQ

More

Why do you publish the files? Aren’t you concerned that people will just build their own instead of joining the GB?
This is a hobby for me, not a business. I get a kick out of sharing the design with people that want to make their own versions.
Also, I see "open source" as an added value to the product: If you really want to change something about your copy, be it the color/style or even something functional such as the PCB or plate, you can just go ahead and modify every single part of the keyboard and have it manufactured for you (or manufacture it yourself).
This will certainly remain the cheapest option to get an ALU case, so "open sourcing" doesn't really cannibalize the GB in my mind.

Why no brass/carbon fibre/... plates? Why No POM/PC Case?
To keep the costs low.  All case & plate files are open source, if you want something specific, you can either make it yourself or even run your own group-buy with my files and blessing.
This is especially true for the plate options, which can be made cheaply even in lower numbers.

Why isn’t the bottom weight cosmetic/visible from the outside?
The weight is designed to maximize its function (add heft & feel to the case, change the sound profile due to the different material), without adding to the cost: it can be cheaply produced from sheet metal.
For those that prefer a lighter case, they can leave the weight out without it affecting the outer appearance.

Why 1u+1.25u modifiers in the bottom row instead of Tsangan or regular ANSI?
The 1.25u alt key allows that cluster to fit without needing to step the key like it has to be done with the EM7 layout that uses a tsangan/1.5u alt.
I think the 1u gui looks best on hhkb-like layouts (I’ve tried with the 2x 1.25u modifiers instead and I didn’t like the looks).
I don’t think it’s a huge deal keycap-compatibility wise, as most sets come with the right 1u and 1.25u modifiers.

Why keep the macro-key-cluster on the left if you're going for HHKB?
I was mostly referring to the "HHKB" to describe the bottom row/modifiers (as this is arguably the most distinctive feature, and a go/no-go for most). I find the macro-key-cluster is useful. When designing I tried both, and I preferred the looks when keeping the macro-key-cluster, as it keeps the case symmetric.
Both of these points are reason enough to keep the cluster over removing it just for the sake of being puristic about what an HHKB-like is supposed to be.

So, can I use any keycap set?
You should pay attention to a couple of things when picking a keycap set. Any GMK GB keyset + spacebar/obscure kit comes with all keys, no worries here. Only a few of the cheaper sets come with proper 2.25u / 2.75u convex spacebar keys. However, most come with an extra 2.25u shift key (and the 1.75u rshift key, that frees up the the 2.75u rshift when using the split rshift layout), which makes many of these sets fully compatible with the extra shift keys as spacebars.  The next thing to look out for would be if the keycaps also ship extra keys with proper hhkb-labels (if that’s what you want, i.e. the backspace above enter or the control key to replace caps lock). A second “B” key is also not a common inclusion, but I’d suggest to just use an interesting other key from that row (i.e. an arrow key, the 1u “00” key, or a 1u modifier).
I’ve set up a little spreadsheet with (cheap) options for supported keycap sets.

12. IC Log

V0 (29.06.2020) - Official IC opening
V1 (01.07.2020) - Fixed some render colors & legends
V2 (28.07.2020) - Prototypes arrived
V3 (01.08.2020) - Prototype Pictures, Review & Design changes (see here)
V4 (02.08.2020) - Color & Kit vote opened
V5 (10.08.2020) - PCB & Plate design final, ordered last batch of prototypes
V6 (16.08.2020) - Color vote closed - we're adding Anthracite Gray!
V7 (18.08.2020) - Price of base kit.
V8 (31.08.2020) - Flex Plates tested (see here)
V8 (08.09.2020) - IC Completed, Raffle and GB Announced (GB Thread)
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2020, 04:37:19 by jouz »

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
Re: [IC] BMEK - Alice + HHKB = ❤️🦈 | Prototypes arriving soon
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 16:48:58 »
< reserved >

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 16:51:25 »
v nice

Offline Tyson

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 16:56:21 »
I think the colors in your Bingsu render are backwards. The set is Dark Mods, Light Alphas.

Offline ilikerustoo

Re: [IC] BMEK - Alice + HHKB = ❤️ | Prototypes arriving soon
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 16:57:03 »
I think the colors in your Bingsu render are backwards. The set is Dark Mods, Light Alphas.

No. He rendered GMK Bingus!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 16:57:23 »
I like it :)

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 17:08:15 »
Thanks everybody

Oh wow this is embarassing. I'll take it down until I can fix it! Thanks for noticing!

Offline bard

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 17:16:44 »
I'm IN! :)

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 17:22:01 »
I think you have a GMK Dracula render instead of Nord. Board looks good

Offline Neroctel

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 17:24:58 »
me likey

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 17:25:30 »
I think you have a GMK Dracula render instead of Nord. Board looks good

Thank you and well spotted! fixed!

Offline proelio

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 17:36:19 »
Looks really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 7osh

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 18:15:51 »
Ou wow. This is sexy. :-* I want it.

Offline ycanales

• keybordist
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 19:25:38 »
I wish there was a way to secure a place in the GB based on participation. I’ve been following this for a while and I’d hate to miss the sale!

Anyway, congratulations on the IC and good luck with everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 3ambutter

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 19:33:22 »
YOOOO that dark violet is nutty.
Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline knoxprairie

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 20:04:04 »
Well now I know what board I'll be using the hammerhead keycaps on. Looks awesome!

Offline izroll

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 22:08:55 »
definitely interested. Love my HHKB layout but feel like my hands are tilted unnaturally

Offline gorbachev

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 22:37:40 »
Alright, now we talking! :)

Dark violet looks hot. My vote is on that color choice.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 22:52:49 »
This is one of the best ICs I’ve seen in a long time. Meticulous but not superfluous. I do appreciate the link to the log of how this came to be.

I’m along for the ride and hope to be able to get one or a variation down the line.

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 23:50:07 »
Looking very clean.
Although I'm personally not a big hhkb fan, I'd say I'm definitely interested for sure, great job on the IC and keep up the good work :thumb:

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 01:08:52 »
Thanks everybody for the kind words!

I wish there was a way to secure a place in the GB based on participation. I’ve been following this for a while and I’d hate to miss the sale!

I haven't mentioned this in the IC as the exact procedure for the GB isn't definite yet, but I thought I had that mentioned in the previous thread: You and the other ~5 early supporters on the old thread & on discord definitely get spots reserved. No brainer!

For those of you that like the Dark Violet: One of the two prototypes I've ordered will be in that color, so we get to see it in real life soon! Tthe other prototype is unanodized/silver.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 July 2020, 02:02:55 by jouz »

Offline adammb86

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 01:51:53 »
This looks really nice!

Offline Ja3_420

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 03:32:55 »
yes

Offline Llamakob

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 04:43:28 »
Love it, I've bennlurking around this without posting since around November last year and finally seeing it in IC is so nice. Love the design and definetly in for one if I can get one. Good luck with the IC.

Offline voelzmo

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 07:17:07 »
This looks great, thanks! Love the HHKB style modifications to the alice-style layout. Indicator LED placement fits nicely in the blocker space.

I'm assuming your incoming prototype already has the cutout for the flexible spacebar size? I'd really like to see this in person on a real thing. Definitely an interesting idea!

Offline ycanales

• keybordist
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 08:50:02 »
I haven't mentioned this in the IC as the exact procedure for the GB isn't definite yet, but I thought I had that mentioned in the previous thread: You and the other ~5 early supporters on the old thread & on discord definitely get spots reserved. No brainer!

That's very kind of you, thanks!  :D

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 09:12:14 »
Wow, while it kinda seems like a no brainer after you've seen it (although credit where it's due, you are the first to make this happen!), the HHKB bottom row really makes an Alice like board look great! I'm definitely interested in getting one of these bad boys! As far as how the sales of the spots go, personally I'd like to see a raffle given the low number of boards to be produced. Anyways GL with everything moving forward on this OP!

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 09:54:41 »
I'm assuming your incoming prototype already has the cutout for the flexible spacebar size? I'd really like to see this in person on a real thing. Definitely an interesting idea!

yes the blocker & spacebar design is part of the plate & case prototypes!

Offline Abhorrent Cell

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 10:01:41 »
First Alice style board I'm interested in. Still not sure about that extra B though.

Also what up with that EPBT Neon Colors. That an actual set or you just playing around? Would love a set like that but don't see any info on it.

Offline beekey

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 10:04:59 »
Want one!

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 10:25:03 »
First Alice style board I'm interested in. Still not sure about that extra B though.

Also what up with that EPBT Neon Colors. That an actual set or you just playing around? Would love a set like that but don't see any info on it.

You are going to fall in love with that extra B. It's a game changer

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 11:08:28 »

I second KingOfMemes, total game changer :P. Otherwise, you can always make it a modifier, function key, ...

That neon set is real. It's one of the EPBT ABS doubleshot set you can get from kbdfans! I have the white on black one (also shown above), and they have a couple of more colors in stock!

Offline ycanales

• keybordist
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 11:12:31 »

I second KingOfMemes, total game changer :P. Otherwise, you can always make it a modifier, function key, ...

For me it's a must! I have a couple of split keyboards and I noticed I always type the B with the right hand  :))

Offline sctang

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 11:43:27 »
I remember seeing the files posted for this board and liking it so much I almost paid for a one-off to be made (was just too expensive lol). Definitely in if this goes to GB. Good luck with the process, hope it turns out well!

Offline Abhorrent Cell

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 13:49:08 »
Well damn. Maybe I really should try this.

If we could get a black bottom/white top or vice versa I'd be <3<3<3

That neon set is real.

You've just made me extremely happy.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 14:06:10 »

it's miami nights
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 17:46:51 »
Exciting to see this coming one step closer to reality. I'm not a fan of the extra B but then again it's not exact it a deal breaker either.

Offline knitandcode

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 18:10:42 »
This board is absolutely beautiful. I cannot wait! I do hope that the gb is not just fcfs... with how crazy this community has gotten recently i'd rather take my chances with a raffle.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 19:18:30 »
This board is absolutely beautiful. I cannot wait! I do hope that the gb is not just fcfs... with how crazy this community has gotten recently i'd rather take my chances with a raffle.
What do you mean with how crazy the community has gotten?

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 20:00:52 »
Very cool, my eyes are peeled!

"Personally, I think that the ISO split left-shift is not very ergonomic."
As an ISO user I agree with this. I use a full left shift with ISO enter, and sometimes ANSI enter if I go HHKB style.

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 04:59:45 »
Wow I just saw GMK Laser R2. Both Cyberdeck and Synthwave M170 colorways go well with literally every single case color that I've proposed.
For $99 you get a GMK keycap set with full support (they even packaged split spacebars in the base kits!), and with the "Bars" kit you can even do the 2x2.75u layout!

Cyberdeck:

Synthwave M170:

« Last Edit: Thu, 02 July 2020, 05:27:26 by jouz »

Offline xanderman1014

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 12:27:05 »
I have a feeling this could be my first mech Group Buy.

Also - GMK Olive vs GMK Olivia (pretty sure it's just a typo)

Offline Kirihuna

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 16:56:26 »
I would love an e-white edition, I'd prefer that over an aluminum that I have to go get powder coated myself (not because I'm lazy but because it's usually a better job)

Offline GhostEther

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 18:27:42 »
I need this in purple for the GMK Mecha-01!

Offline Kirihuna

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 21:29:09 »
I just noticed you have no renders of a full sized right shift.

Now, maybe no one uses that in the HHKB layout, which is fine, but it's offered. But the plate does not appear to have a stabilizer cutout for the full sized right shift?

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 02:51:39 »
I have a feeling this could be my first mech Group Buy.

Also - GMK Olive vs GMK Olivia (pretty sure it's just a typo)

Thanks, fixed!

I just noticed you have no renders of a full sized right shift.

Now, maybe no one uses that in the HHKB layout, which is fine, but it's offered. But the plate does not appear to have a stabilizer cutout for the full sized right shift?

The stabilizer cutouts are right there:

(maybe you were referring to the picture with the foam cutouts for dampening: correct, that layout option wasn't part of the design yet when I made those!)

But I agree that if I'm offering the option, I should show it in the renders! Here are two, I'll add them to the main post:

Offline ronnie_gogs

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 11:49:46 »
Yes so much yes..

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 12:07:22 »
Count us in  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline gnho

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 01:43:39 »
Sweeeeet!

Offline obosob

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 02:39:46 »
Add support for split left shift so that people can make this more ergo if they want.