geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Full Size Freak Show (IKBC hardwire conversion)

<< < (2/11) > >>

nevin:
VIA is just an on the fly front end for the QMK firmware that runs on the controller (teensy ++2.0)

the problem with the 4.1 is the processor that's on it isn't supported by QMK yet.
the teensy ++2.0 has been around a long time, is fully supported by QMK and is the only controller i know of that has plenty of i/o pins for your build.

JedTheMaker:
Okay, found the ++ on amazon by google searching, where searching on amazon itself hadn’t previously found me one (probably paid results pushing it too far down the results list). Bought two in case I mess one up, or if this goes well enough I may grab another mf108 to make a second now that they are available again. Will grab some regular solder next time I’m at the hardware store.

The diodes showed up yesterday, so after I do a plate scan to be able to lasercut another plate later if desired, I can start the early stages of the tutorials. I’ll post the scans (as well as the other plates I have come across such as the bm43a and kbdpad mkii) as svg files in case there are others who would like them for whatever reason.

nevin:
where are you located? us? other?

you can order straight from PJRC (the ones that make them)
https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensypp.html

JedTheMaker:
US. Honestly, didn’t see the capacity to buy from them due to the clutter on the website. I think I’ve also just developed an automatic assumption on viewing these vendors pages in this hobby, that they are out of stock as it’s more often right than wrong.

JedTheMaker:
Inside this linked folder are plate and/or pcb scans of the boards I have had apart. If you have a laser cutter or something else that can take advantage of an svg, they might be helpful. In my case, I should be able to make acrylic or wood plates for any of the projects I’ve built now. I’m currently burning a copy of the pcb for the mf108 in case it’s helpful for stability/sound/wiring channels.

https://tinyurl.com/e8kr6w68

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version