geekhack Community > Reviews

Matias Quiet Pro

(1/4) > >>

Binge:
Recently was able to crack open a Matias and take an in depth peek.  Lots of pictures and a generally favorable outcome.  Read if you have the time, and feedback is appreciated.

http://www.rwlabs.com/article.php?cat=&id=771&pagenumber=1

--- Quote ---Typing on an Alps switch is vastly different from a Cherry MX in that the actuation happens at entirely different times.  At first an Alps switch is resistant, the folded spring-steel offering a resistance 60cN+/-5cN, but gives way to a swift bottom-out.  My hands learned this type of actuation much more quickly than other keyboard switches to which I am accustom...
--- End quote ---

fohat.digs:
Nice article.

When I get around to one of these, I will want to hear the clicks, but I'm sure that the quiet one is appreciated in the office environment.

Binge:
Appreciate the kind words.  The article was a little rushed, and I keep finding things I want to change D:

deltr:
Nice writeup! Why did you split the article up into separate pages? I've been conditioned into not even giving those type of articles a chance due to the ad-spam. Yet yours has no ad spam.

Binge:

--- Quote from: deltr on Fri, 25 January 2013, 12:59:31 ---Nice writeup! Why did you split the article up into separate pages? I've been conditioned into not even giving those type of articles a chance due to the ad-spam. Yet yours has no ad spam.

--- End quote ---

Articles are often split into pages to reduce page load-times, but really that is a decision of the owner of the website.  I have little control of how my articles are presented other than the content.  Formatting is up to editors and admin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version