Author Topic: [IC] GMK NorDeUK - cheap GMK for Europeans [GB started]  (Read 28528 times)

Offline pomk

Re: [IC] GMK NorDeUK - cheap GMK for Europeans
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 12:24:32 »
Maybe something like this for that key next to '1'?  :))

Offline Krakob

• Krakblog
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 12:27:09 »
Maybe something like this for that key next to '1'?  :))
(Attachment Link)

That is contradictory to the design ideals, i.e. no legend may be incorrect, tertiary legends may be missing. It would probably require a new mold as well, which is quite expensive!
Ducky Shine 2 (MX Blue, white backlight) • Obins Anne Pro (Gateron Brown) • Model M • XD60

Offline pomk

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 13:04:37 »
the tertiary to senary legends can be pad printed ;)
IMO some legend like a novelty in better than none.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 15:09:04 »
In other news, the render is already here! GB launching in a week, give or take a few days if everything goes according to plan.

We're good to go! Let's make it happen. Do you have a price indication at this point?

Offline Krakob

• Krakblog
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 15:18:30 »
In other news, the render is already here! GB launching in a week, give or take a few days if everything goes according to plan.

We're good to go! Let's make it happen. Do you have a price indication at this point?
Going by the last quote, about €135 shipped. I can't say what the shipping will be yet, so I counted with €20. It depends on the weight and dimensions, for which I have nothing but guesses so far. €20 is a relatively high guess though. Worst case in case GMK can't give a good estimate of measurements, I'll take €20 and just offer partial refunds.
Ducky Shine 2 (MX Blue, white backlight) • Obins Anne Pro (Gateron Brown) • Model M • XD60

Offline Krakob

• Krakblog
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 04:38:09 »
Update: no update. Haven't heard back since the 2nd, so I'm going to pop them another mail.

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
Re: [IC] GMK NorDeUK - cheap GMK for Europeans [GB started]
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 17:38:47 »
Can we try again? :p

Offline TastyNico

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 18:44:48 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 February 2023, 23:44:32 by TastyNico »

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 18:55:39 »
This is really nice, pitching in from the EU side here.

The whole talk of what is successful regarding NORDE kits and all that stuff is really hard to judge. The idea is great, 135 EUR is still steep if that ends up being the final price, I think it could be cheaper.
We are currently on the same page with cheap GMK sets with GMK Fishbed, so the base will be really cheap and the add-on a bit more expensive due to custom molds. From what I know it does not make a difference what color the set is and all, white on black is a smart decision as that will be the preferred one.

Krakob, I can help you with the shipping cost ideas, if you want to ship to Sweden from Germany or wherever you are located, you should be able to ship at around 1 EUR per set to you and then the shipping costs from your country is up to you.

If each set weights half a kilo, you have a 40cm by 40cm by 40cm squared box and you put 20 sets in each box, it should be roughly 1 EUR to the set. Hope that helps :)

Maybe discussing another packaging option to make it even cheaper would be an option but not sure if you would have to provide the material yourself or not.

I wish you the best for the GB!
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 January 2018, 05:27:47 by CandyKeys »
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 18:58:32 »

The whole talk of what is successful regarding NORDE kits and all that stuff is really hard to judge. The idea is great, 135 EUR is still steep if that ends up being the final price, I think it could be cheaper.
We are currently on the same page with cheap GMK sets with GMK Fishbed, so the base will be really cheap and the add-on a bit more expensive due to custom molds. From what I know it does not make a difference what color the set is and all, white on black is a smart decision as that will be the preferred one.

Krakob, I can help you with the shipping cost ideas, if you want to ship to Sweden from Germany or wherever you are located, you should be able to ship at around 1 EUR per set to you and then the shipping costs from your country is up to you.

If each set weights half a kilo, you have a 40cm by 40cm by 40cm squared box and you put 20 sets in each box, it should be roughly 1 EUR to the set. Hope that helps :)

Maybe discussing another packaging option to make it even cheaper would be an option but not sure if you would have to provide the material yourself or not.

you know that this ran and failed miserably, right?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Krakob

• Krakblog
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 03:22:30 »
Can we try again?
Hey! I'm pursuing other projects right now, so I'm afraid I won't be trying this. Should I get some decent income, I would honestly consider saving up to buy the sets myself but I am but a poor student hahaha

Hey! Thanks for the input, but as mentioned we tried running the GB a few months ago without luck. Got some MX silvers from you the other day by the way, they're going in a pretty cool thing coming up :)

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 05:27:18 »

you know that this ran and failed miserably, right?

Am aware, sorry, 3 in the morning shenanigans and brain shut-off
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline avid

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 06:55:22 »
I would really love to see a GMK WoB keyset being ran. Doesnt need to be norde, but rather normal to hit MOQ