Poll

Preferred port

Mini USB
74 (15.6%)
USB C
401 (84.4%)

Total Members Voted: 475

Author Topic: [IC] Rukia (GB form opens Thursday 5/23/19 @9pm PST, confirm your local time)  (Read 67496 times)

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
Rukia

**first iteration will be polycarb, but the goal is still UHMW**

(no longer called Plastic Alice)
217097-0217099-1
217070-2217082-3

Details:
UHMW top and bottom case
Top Mount; 6.5 degree angle (original is 8 degrees)
Brass weight
UHMW or brass plate
Black or white color. Black is opaque (no light getting through); white diffuses well, looks milky
PCB based off Yuktsi's open source files; has RGB backlighting

https://forms.gle/TeQBjhFKxbbRnwUE6

**Disclaimer: this will NOT be compatible with your Alice wrist rest or
Alice weight if you already have one. It will be compatible with the plate
and PCB.

Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW) is a new material
for keyboard cases. It has an extremely low friction coefficient,
approaching that of PTFE. It is also very abrasion resistant and is
used in high wear applications, such as motorcycle slide pucks, truck
beds, and cutting boards. It is also impact resistant and elastic, so
it is used as puncture resistant vehicle underside protection and rifle
rated bullet proof plates.

**OTHER Disclaimer: this is not my original design. I got permission to run
this IC from Yuktsi, creator of TGR boards such as the Alice and Jane.
The keyboard case I created is built up from the files graciously posted
by Yuktsi for people to cut their own acrylic Alice. I just took it
a step further and built up a compatible case for those who already have
an Alice plate and PCB**

Why a UHMW Alice?
-Form factor: those who have one or tried one, typically enjoy, if not love,
the Alice. It is ergonomic without being a full split and works with normal keysets.
-Portability: anodized aluminum is sexy, but scratches and dents relatively easily.
It is also cold to the touch and better suited to staying at home. For those who take
their keyboards to and from school or work, this is a better option.
-Sound: many switches just sound better in a plastic case, depending on the material and
design of the case. UHMW offers a nice, deep THOCK that I believe many will enjoy.
-Light diffusion: RGB, if that's your thing, is diffused throughout the case from the back. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58OyYOz6rkE
-Availability: original Alices are rightfully difficult to get. Those that have them, keep them.
Or they sell at a high price because they'd like to keep them. This is an opportunity to have
something similar, although not quite as sexy. Well, maybe a different kind of sexy.

Timeline:
ideally 8-10 weeks or LESS.
Pricing:
$350-$400; shipping is separate
I'll try to get that price down, but don't hold your breath. Not trying to be rude, but this has
been a manufacturing nightmare for the last 6 months.

Who am I?
I'm not an engineer, not a software designer, not an IT person.
I worked as an airborne linguist for the Air Force for 10 years, the latter half focused on new technologies.
I'm pretty nerdy but not an expert on anything. I'm hard working, but I also have two kids, a full time job, and a care home
that splits my time. I don't sleep, however, so if you post, I'll likely reply really late PST.

This IC is not going to last very long. I plan to start the GB as soon as prototypes are proven to not explode or have other
glaring defects/oversights.

If you're following the Irma IC, know that this is running concurrent. I don't plan on delaying the Irma at all. I will follow GH rules, but things will move fast from here on out.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2019, 09:46:43 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline XtReeM1337n355

Re: Plastic Alice
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:40:25 »
Oo I知 down for this. Alice resale is too crazy

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:42:04 »
Hey I'm open to this

Offline unluckyxiii

• Instagram
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:43:24 »
Always wanted an Alice but I知 late to the game so I知 down for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline King4477

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:43:26 »
Will buy. Thanks.

Offline Lndefinite

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:44:03 »
Yes please. I need a plastic alice

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:44:33 »
Down for this

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:44:37 »
UHMW? Alice? Yep.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline ThePanduuh

• Discord @ThePanduuh#0001
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:48:43 »
hmm Lubrigante rumored to be much cheaper, and half plate.
Bias BE | Polaris | Frog | Matrix 8xv2.0 Add | Iron165 SE | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | Cypher

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:52:07 »
anything alice shaped, i am interested in
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:53:45 »

and lasered sheets of a cheaper plastic rather than cnc

lubrigante's target price is 100-110 usd

half plate is cheaper than full plate anyway, but obviously that's not gonna account for $250 of difference

they're totally different products that occupy the same niche
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline clickityClackity

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:55:48 »
Hell yes please

Offline ThePanduuh

• Discord @ThePanduuh#0001
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:56:13 »

and more pieces, and a cheaper plastic

half plate is cheaper than full plate anyway, but obviously that's not gonna account for $250 of difference

Lubrigante is open source, so you could go and make the board out of whatever you like. wood if you wanted. files are out for public. but I understand wanting to pay a premium for the material type. The lubrigante target price is what makes it so appealing, same shape, layout, design, for 1/10th the price. Rather than almost 1/2 the price.
Bias BE | Polaris | Frog | Matrix 8xv2.0 Add | Iron165 SE | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | Cypher

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 19:57:41 »

and more pieces, and a cheaper plastic

Lubrigante is open source, so you could go and make the board out of whatever you like. wood if you wanted. files are out for public. but I understand wanting to pay a premium for the material type. The lubrigante target price is what makes it so appealing, same shape, layout, design, for 1/10th the price. Rather than almost 1/2 the price.

part of the reason it's so cheap is bulk manufacturing but i see your point

Offline regionfree

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 20:02:13 »
very interested!

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 20:05:55 »
Google form is up.

I'm aware of the Lubrigante and other cheaper options.
This is not those. Puddsy is correct.
I don't discourage anyone from going those routes. This is imho a step further.

Offline swangful

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 20:06:57 »

Offline kissingyou

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 20:08:47 »
pcb, plate included?

Offline rope

• yeet
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 20:10:27 »
please gib

Offline mrboli

Re: Re: Plastic Alice
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 21:21:35 »
Down!
KBD67 Zealios V2 65g | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco TKL MX Black | Razer BlackWidow

Offline pattern

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 21:29:27 »
That's a bingo!  ;D

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 21:38:07 »
Very interested! Is the amount going to be limited? If so, FCFS or Raffle?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 21:41:42 »
I pondered not bringing this up but I feel it may be relevant so I decided to.

The situation is quite two-fold; the Alice is a very special board, not only to Yuktsi but to the enthusiasts lucky enough to own one - as someone who did get one, I'm all for others experiencing the layout (I have no horse in the aftermarket race and even if I did, I'm sure these alternatives will actually run the Alice prices up in the long run) because I do find it to be a joy to use. I'm sure it's also why Yuktsi has decided to provide everyone with the files needed to run their own projects if they so choose, and I'm glad people are taking advantage of that and being creative in their own ways.

That said, I do find it a little concerning that there may arise a looming feeling of pushing it a bit. Of course this is unlike, for example, the guy that about a year or two back tried to run an IC for a literal Dolphin copy with absolutely no consent just because he and others wanted one and the prices were too high for an original. Still, I think people often start to be wary of when imitation being the sincerest form of flattery starts to turn a little sour. I mean no disrespect and I do personally trust the motives for running this to come from a good place, if for no other reason then just because I actually do like the idea of a more resistant Alice myself, but I could see why someone may think it's just a flavour change to keep the community content and not seem like a knock-off that would otherwise just be ran as an aluminium board.

To reiterate, I obviously harbour no contempt toward the project - I just do wish that everything remains respectful in everyone's eyes not just, though always first and foremost, the creator's.

Offline swangful

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 21:57:46 »

The situation is quite two-fold; the Alice is a very special board, not only to Yuktsi but to the enthusiasts lucky enough to own one - as someone who did get one, I'm all for others experiencing the layout (I have no horse in the aftermarket race and even if I did, I'm sure these alternatives will actually run the Alice prices up in the long run) because I do find it to be a joy to use. I'm sure it's also why Yuktsi has decided to provide everyone with the files needed to run their own projects if they so choose, and I'm glad people are taking advantage of that and being creative in their own ways.

That said, I do find it a little concerning that there may arise a looming feeling of pushing it a bit. Of course this is unlike, for example, the guy that about a year or two back tried to run an IC for a literal Dolphin copy with absolutely no consent just because he and others wanted one and the prices were too high for an original. Still, I think people often start to be wary of when imitation being the sincerest form of flattery starts to turn a little sour. I mean no disrespect and I do personally trust the motives for running this to come from a good place, if for no other reason then just because I actually do like the idea of a more resistant Alice myself, but I could see why someone may think it's just a flavour change to keep the community content and not seem like a knock-off that would otherwise just be ran as an aluminium board.

To reiterate, I obviously harbour no contempt toward the project - I just do wish that everything remains respectful in everyone's eyes not just, though always first and foremost, the creator's.

This is an outcome of supply and demand as well :T

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 22:01:35 »

normally i'd agree but if you read the OP he got sam's permission first so it doesn't really apply here

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 22:09:40 »
Damn. I'd be in.

Offline bciamny

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 22:15:10 »

what is the it being pushed? i am not entirely sure i get what your basis is for hesitation on this project, especially per puddsy's point. i don't really like ergo designs or plastic cases so i am not someone that can directly benefit from another iteration of an alice board but i'm still excited for those that are looking to get a board design that has been roundly lauded.

to speak more broadly, it's pretty awesome that yuktsi has allowed others to recreate his design. running a gb isn't easy and is generally time consuming, so expecting multiple runs of the same thing from the same runner is almost certainly unfair. i'd love to see more cooperation between makers and runners in the future, not as an expectation but more as a sign of general community cohesion.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 22:16:52 »
normally i'd agree but if you read the OP he got sam's permission first so it doesn't really apply here

Yea like I said I'm not particularly concerned when it comes to this design in particular - having the okay from the creator is for sure the most important thing, I just figured a word of caution may apply regardless because like I wrote in the last paragraph, being a prospect GB/community effort it has to sit well with everyone not just with Sam.

Offline bciamny

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 22:18:46 »

Yea like I said I'm not particularly concerned when it comes to this design in particular - having the okay from the creator is for sure the most important thing, I just figured a word of caution may apply regardless because like I wrote in the last paragraph, being a prospect GB/community effort it has to sit well with everyone not just with Sam.

who are the others in the community that should have an opportunity to speak their disapproval/uneasiness?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 22:19:51 »

who are the others in the community that should have an opportunity to speak their disapproval/uneasiness?

Let's ask anyone with over 5000 posts.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 22:21:00 »

anyone who assumes post count is a measure of intelligence clearly hasn't met either of us

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 22:24:26 »

anyone who assumes post count is a measure of intelligence clearly hasn't met either of us

Speak for yourself.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 22:50:43 »
Call it Felicia, like F + Alice.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 23:22:51 »
Renders added

Offline Taac

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 23:23:41 »
So because my account is new, my concerns surrounding the involvement of a questionable GB runner (Tesletron) in this IC aren't valid and were deleted?  If Jaxxstatic feels it's necessary to delete any references in his OP that tie him to Tesletron and won't explain what he is and isn't doing in the GB, and the mods are wiping all record of the interaction, all that does is confirm my fears. 

Glad I grabbed screenshots just in case something like this happened -

217101-0217103-1

I'd have loved to pick one of these up, but with no explanation on these legitimate concerns, I can't do so with a clear conscience.   I hope your involvement with him is minimal since he's got a horrible track record (Lumina aside), and has burned many others in the past.  Do yourself a favor and keep a healthy distance.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 23:33:31 »
Tesletron did the renders for free. He also gave great advice about how to avoid manufacturing pitfalls.

Offline Taac

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 23:43:49 »
So because my account is new, my concerns surrounding the involvement of a questionable GB runner (Tesletron) in this IC aren't valid and were deleted?  If Jaxxstatic feels it's necessary to delete any references in his OP that tie him to Tesletron and won't explain what he is and isn't doing in the GB, and the mods are wiping all record of the interaction, all that does is confirm my fears. 

Glad I grabbed screenshots just in case something like this happened -

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

I'd have loved to pick one of these up, but with no explanation on these legitimate concerns, I can't do so with a clear conscience.   I hope your involvement with him is minimal since he's got a horrible track record (Lumina aside), and has burned many others in the past.  Do yourself a favor and keep a healthy distance.

Tesletron did the renders for free. He also gave great advice about how to avoid manufacturing pitfalls.

Thank you for clearing this up for myself and others with warranted concerns regarding his level of involvement.  If that's the case, I'll be filling out the IC form.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 23:50:21 »
I知 the group buy runner. I値l edit this post when I can. Headed home from the care home, then put wife and kids to bed. Then I値l clarify things. Thanks.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 23:52:44 »
talked to my machinist buddy about this

his words
Uhmw...  I wouldn't quote on that job for anything
Stringy, gummy, moves around after you cut it..   Stupid for a part like that
You are supposed to make plain bearings and cutting boards with it
Not keyboards

gonna look pretty cool when its done though i bet

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 23:53:23 »

Thank you for the clarification, will be looking forward to the success of this group buy!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 00:03:10 »
talked to my machinist buddy about this

his words
Uhmw...  I wouldn't quote on that job for anything
Stringy, gummy, moves around after you cut it..   Stupid for a part like that
You are supposed to make plain bearings and cutting boards with it
Not keyboards

gonna look pretty cool when its done though i bet

if you look at his other thread he talked about how he or his guy devised a special process to do it or something

that's also why it's so expensive

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 00:10:10 »
In. This is super cool.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 00:42:54 »
Ok, so first off:
Manufacturing:
I've been working seriously on trying to turn UHMW into a keyboard case and plate for the last six months. My experience with it before that was cutting sheets into pucks for longboarding gloves. UHMW can be smoothed. It can be machined fine. It is a nightmare for unexperienced machinists in that it turns to spaghetti not dust when CNC'd. Also there is thermal expansion and warping if it's not annealed properly. This can be mitigated by the tool path as well. Check the Irma thread for more, please. I won't be doing injection molding with because of the low numbers, but it is actually possible. I found several companies that do gas infusion for UHMW injection molding and have done it to the tolerances I need. Cost is the issue.
Also, US manufacturing cost sucks. Period. And integrity is seriously wanting.

IP/Biting/Shadiness:
Yuktsi signed off. It's his design, inspired by the EM7. I loved my EM7, but the Alice fixes what I didn't like about it.
This is not a rebranding of his design. I'm not naming it something else because it's not my creative property. I didn't come up with a design inspired by the Alice;
I literally used the Alice plate file to build up a case that looks like the Alice. Although, Felicia did cross my mind.
If demand is high, I guess I could call it that. But even though my cousin is named Felicia, this is what pops up in my mind when I hear the name now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT90D0GKZRM
It's a new material that I think offers something in terms of durability, sound, feel, and looks.
I've heard many folks who have high-end boards complain about taking it to work. I'm one of those.

I've done my research on past GBs, and I really feel for anyone that's been burned, especially financially. But it also applies to the GB runners.
It's easy to hate on them without knowing what they went through. Or even knowing what they went through and thinking, "Well, he should have done xxx."
But that's in hindsight. I appreciate them because hopefully, I won't fall into those same traps.
I'm super lucky in that I've gotten great advice from people who have had smoooooth GB's, and advice also from people who had rocky ones.
Both kinds of advice are priceless.
People (Huey?) called it the "manufacturer roulette." And it's very true.

But here is my deal: I will let you know what's going on.
Every week or more. I promise it.
Not just during the IC, but even after I take your money. Especially then.
If things are going smooth and there's nothing to report, you'll get that report.
If I'm struggling with personal issues and it affects things, you'll hear that too.
If I take your money, I owe you a message. And I owe you what you paid for. I won't cover anything over with empty promises of fake dates or offer consolation prizes.
I only ask that we all be polite. Please don't say anything in a message you wouldn't say to my face. I'll do the same.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 April 2019, 01:32:14 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline nephlock

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 00:54:55 »
Ok, so first off:
Manufacturing:
I've been working seriously on trying to turn UHMW into a keyboard case and plate for the last six months. My experience with it before that was cutting sheets into pucks for longboarding gloves. UHMW can be smoothed. It can be machined fine. It is a nightmare for unexperienced machinists in that it turns to spaghetti not dust when CNC'd. Also there is thermal expansion and warping if it's not annealed properly. This can be mitigated by the tool path as well. Check the Irma thread for more, please. I won't be doing injection molding with because of the low numbers, but it is actually possible. I found several companies that do gas infusion for UHMW injection molding and have done it to the tolerances I need. Cost is the issue.
Also, US manufacturing cost sucks. Period. And integrity is seriously wanting.

IP/Biting/Shadiness:
Yuktsi signed off. It's his design, inspired by the EM7. I loved my EM7, but the Alice fixes what I didn't like about it.
This is not a rebranding of his design. I'm not naming it something else, although Felicia did cross my mind.
It's a new material that I think offers something in terms of durability, sound, feel, and looks.
I've heard many folks who have high-end boards complain about taking it to work. I'm one of those.

I've done my research on past GBs, and I really feel for anyone that's been burned, especially financially. But it also applies to the GB runners.
It's easy to hate on them without knowing what they went through. Or even knowing what they went through and thinking, "Well, he should have done xxx."
But that's in hindsight. I appreciate them because hopefully, I won't fall into those same traps.
I'm super lucky in that I've gotten great advice from people who have had smoooooth GB's, and advice also from people who had rocky ones.
Both kinds of advice are priceless.
People (Huey?) called it the "manufacturer roulette." And it's very true.

But here is my deal: I will let you know what's going on.
Every week or more. I promise it.
Not just during the IC, but even after I take your money. Especially then.
If things are going smooth and there's nothing to report, you'll get that report.
If I'm struggling with personal issues and it affects things, you'll hear that too.
If I take your money, I owe you a message. And I owe you what you paid for. I won't cover anything over with empty promises of fake dates or offer consolation prizes.
I only ask that we all be polite. Please don't say anything in a message you wouldn't say to my face. I'll do the same.

Love it. We need more of this on both sides.

Offline Champalan

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 00:57:17 »
Just to clarify things, pcbs are included right? Thanks for doing this

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 01:06:15 »

I plan on making it a la carte.
There are people who have the original Alice.
There are those that have aftermarket PCB and/or plates.
There are those that have none.

Also, something that was brought up: USB-C.
I can modify the case to accommodate both. Then offer the new PCB as USB-C.
Imo, I'm fine with mini. But I know that USB is the "future." I've just had too many issues with USB-C PCBs and cables. Not as many with mini.
I'll try to add a poll.

Offline Champalan

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 01:10:31 »
Sweet! That's awesome thank you!

Offline swangful

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 01:30:26 »
Just curious what are the pros/cons of using UHMW vs nylon?
Seeing that video of it diffusing light reminded me of the M65-A nylon bottom

Offline regionfree

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 01:49:01 »
Just curious what are the pros/cons of using UHMW vs nylon?
Seeing that video of it diffusing light reminded me of the M65-A nylon bottom

didn't some nylon bottom pieces for the M65-A have warping issues during storage (in warm environments)?

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 02:17:33 »

I plan on making it a la carte.
There are people who have the original Alice.
There are those that have aftermarket PCB and/or plates.
There are those that have none.

Also, something that was brought up: USB-C.
I can modify the case to accommodate both. Then offer the new PCB as USB-C.
Imo, I'm fine with mini. But I know that USB is the "future." I've just had too many issues with USB-C PCBs and cables. Not as many with mini.
I'll try to add a poll.

I would love for the PCB to modernize. All my current boards that I have and the ones I have waiting in GB phase are USB-C as well so I think it's prudent to consider it.