Author Topic: CM Keyboard, Mouse & Headset Combo  (Read 9059 times)

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
CM Keyboard, Mouse & Headset Combo
« on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 09:14:48 »
Hi everyone,

We as CM are always very busy with new ideas and checking market feedback so we would really appreciate you guys' feedback on the following. We are thinking about a combo of keyboard, mouse and headset, all 3 peripherals in 1 set.

Would you be interested in a combo that would have all 3 products in 1 matching set/box/packaging? Or would you prefer to buy all separated.

ID idea/design
- clean, simple, design outlook like Bang & Olufsen (example)
- high end elegant and matching set (keyboard, mouse & headset)

Possible Features:
- Portable yes/no?
- Detachable yes/no?
- Foldable keyboard, headset or even mouse yes/no?
- Dustproof yes/no?
- Waterproof yes/no?
- Shockproof yes/no?
- Light weight yes/no?
- Ergonomic yes/no (important? If so any example already in the market what you find as ergonomic and good!?
- Wired or Wireless yes/no?
- Mechanical (if so what switch?) or Topre as our NovaTouch? (or membrane but I think I know the answer on membrane, haha) yes/no?
- Backlight yes/no?
- Classical / high quality carry box yes/no?

And for what kind of use would you think this is most usefull? As a mobile user on the go, just a nice high end set for at home, or for a gamer going to LANs and such, or as a exclusive office set?

Let me know your feedback guys! It will as always be highly appreciated!

Offline geniekid

Re: CM Keyboard, Mouse & Headset Combo
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 14:12:06 »
I'm not usually looking to replace my mouse and keyboard at the same time, so personally I would prefer to buy these things separate.  Also, I've learned through experience that just because a company makes a good keyboard doesn't mean they make a good mouse.

Simple, clean designs are always a plus for me.  I find that keyboards, mice, and headsets are already pretty portable.  A detachable numpad would be cool, but I don't know that it would influence my decision that much.  Dustproof, waterproof, shockproof are not necessary.  I actually like heavier keyboards rather than lighter.  Ergonomic layout is not important for me.  I've used Microsoft Naturals in the past and while they are nice for straight typing, they are unnecessary for gaming and actually make programming (which uses a lot of modifiers) more difficult for me.  Something like an Ergodox would work well, but I doubt that will have the market size you are looking for.  I prefer wired input devices in general just because I don't have to worry about battery life.  I like Cherry MX Red/Black for gaming since I find tactile feedback distracting.  I like Cherry MX Blue/Brown and Topre for typing/programming.  If you forced me to pick one for all-purpose use I'd probably go with brown.  I have no opinion on backlighting, but if the lights will eventually burn out I would rather not have them.  A carrying box is a nice touch but I wouldn't pay much for one because, again, I find that my keyboard and mice are already pretty portable.  They'd fit into a backpack just fine. 

I might recommend this set to someone who wanted high quality gaming peripherals without having to do research or test out a bunch of different switches.  If I had to answer the same questions from the point of view of a hypothetical gamer, I think most of my answers would actually stay the same, with the following exceptions:  1) backlighting for sure (optional would be great) and 2) different switches for different keys.  I bet your marketing team would be able to advertise the hell out of a keyboard with MX Red alpha keys, a MX Black spacebar, and MX Blues for modifiers.  Or some variation that you think makes sense :)

Offline SirReallySam

• SirReallySam-LinusTech
Re: CM Keyboard, Mouse & Headset Combo
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 14:24:09 »
Hi everyone,

We as CM are always very busy with new ideas and checking market feedback so we would really appreciate you guys' feedback on the following. We are thinking about a combo of keyboard, mouse and headset, all 3 peripherals in 1 set.

Would you be interested in a combo that would have all 3 products in 1 matching set/box/packaging? Or would you prefer to buy all separated.

ID idea/design
- clean, simple, design outlook like Bang & Olufsen (example)
- high end elegant and matching set (keyboard, mouse & headset)

Possible Features:
- Portable yes/no?
- Detachable yes/no?
- Foldable keyboard, headset or even mouse yes/no?
- Dustproof yes/no?
- Waterproof yes/no?
- Shockproof yes/no?
- Light weight yes/no?
- Ergonomic yes/no (important? If so any example already in the market what you find as ergonomic and good!?
- Wired or Wireless yes/no?
- Mechanical (if so what switch?) or Topre as our NovaTouch? (or membrane but I think I know the answer on membrane, haha) yes/no?
- Backlight yes/no?
- Classical / high quality carry box yes/no?

And for what kind of use would you think this is most usefull? As a mobile user on the go, just a nice high end set for at home, or for a gamer going to LANs and such, or as a exclusive office set?

Let me know your feedback guys! It will as always be highly appreciated!

Loving my CM Storm Xornet BTW!

Perhaps something with the same shape but an even better sensor than the Spawn.
Love the shape of both of them... As they are the same also perhaps more colour variant's as well.

Portable, no
Detachable, perhaps
Dustproof, why not
Foldable, no except headphones, perhaps with the whole headset thing, consider making audio quality a more important feature in your design specification, not looks or portability
Waterproof, really don't care
Shockproof, perhaps that would be nice
Lightweight, nah, I feel like something heavy means it's durable XD
Ergonomic, God yes, My CM Storm Xornet's shape is the only reason I bought it, and price is very good as well, but being so well made for claw grip and fingertip grip was brilliant for me!
Wired=better
Mechanical, YES Anything, and Everything, the more choice the better, MX blues, Reds, Browns, Topre as well would be awesome. BRING BACK THE BUCKLING SPRING ;) No to Membrane.
Backlight I personally do not care for, but I know a lot of people that do.

Combos if they are good in price and every product is what I want to buy brilliant, but usually this is not that case, if for example you guys came out with a combo with an amazing mouse, Mechanical keyboard and REALLY high quality headset then sure, why not, but I don't think the sound quality is going to be up to standard, as I use studio monitoring headphones with a separate mic....
I like the keyboards... I feel we all do.