Author Topic: Compact layout Cherry MX Red keyboards comparisons?  (Read 1122 times)

Offline munch

• !
Compact layout Cherry MX Red keyboards comparisons?
« on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 20:05:33 »
Hello all, I'm kind of curious about the red cherry MX switches, since I haven't really used them much but I think it would be fun to try to change my style of typing to something requiring a bit less force.

What I don't really know is which of the compact layout keyboards are well designed and all that... however;
I was first looking at the KBC Poker keyboards but them not having any Alt Gr buttons is going to be a bit annoying for the layout I'm used to. Also no F1-F12 or PgDn/PgUp.

Then I started looking at the Noppoo Choc Mini which seems great, having the right Alt button too, also F1-F12 + PgUp/PgDn etc which are buttons I use quite a bit. Comments on this boards build quality etc?

And the third one I managed to find with Red switches is the PLU-87 one, a small disadvantage here is that it isn't as compact as the two others (in width)

Really did like my Filco keyboard but I can't seem to find one with Red switches and normal US layout (ANSI?)

Any input is appreciated! Will be ordering this week since I have no mechanical switch keyboard at all right now (gasp)

Thanks in advance!!