Author Topic: some thoughts and ideas for a "special" mechanic keyboard  (Read 1137 times)

Offline htw00

some thoughts and ideas for a "special" mechanic keyboard
« on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 13:38:08 »
i already talked with ripster and now im curious about ur thoughts ,

first i want to apolgize for my bad english . I hope u will understand me .

I already read alot of your article .. and I'm still not sure what keyboard i should get .

Some Details for you :..

It should be as quiet as possible .. I'm a student and living on a campus . I share my room with a friend.
In the past i had a Steelseries 7G .. to be honest i was fine with it , but it was too loud so 1 night after 100 before
i woke up my roommate and he throw the keyboard out of the window because he have had this day an important exam.

I play Computer Games - semi "professional" so i spend 3-4h daily with practice.
I don't like glossy nor flamboyant/fancy keyboard. ( i have no problems with colored keycaps - To be honest i love this one : pinchocodia.tistory.com/17 ( and i would even pay 200€ for it :D)
I prefer a "long" keyboard ( with numpad) .
It shouldn't be too expensive - i would spend about 100€* but if you say this keyboard fits you the best and its worth 150€ i would buy it aswell.
It doesn't matter at all how long the shipping takes ( to germany ) . I have time and it's ok.
The keyboard layout QWERTZ , QWERTY or Blank doesn't matter at all.
I have no problem to purchase a keyboard from asia.
For me it's important to be able to buy new keycaps - that was 1 of the deficit with the SS7G .
I would also be intrested in purchasing dampers in combination with the new keyboard to keep the keyboard as quite as possible what i already mention. I would really know whats your oppinion
about this dampers , which one are the best and if they're worth the money.

some edits :

what is your oppinion abbout this ebay.com/itm/PLU-G3000-NKRO-Mechanical-Game-keyboard-Cherry-MX-RED-/290631358620?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item43aaf a989c"
in forum they say its super nice for the price and nobody complained about it. and this guy who selling them should be a member of this forum with good manners. i decided to pick a full keyboard ( not tentkeyless) with red switches . i already checked many parts of your bible and found out that u adore mx red aswell . a plus point is in your "switch matrix" from most quiet to most loud only topre, rubber domes and scissor switches are more quiet than red switches . topre switches are only in very expensive keyboards , right? rubber domes i wont buy cuz u said u ban ppl if they defend them and i dont know wahat scissor siwtches are .

so if im not wrong and ur article "geehack worldwide shopping links" is correct i have these options :
Cherry Corp G80-3494LYCUS-2. NKRO fullsize.Ebay for $167, ships from Hong Kong for $20, China. If link is dead search for seller "gameover.hk" and product code.
Ducky DK1008-RELLB (Full Size). Available at Tankguys for $110.
Filco FKBN104MR/EB2. (Full Size). Amazon/Keyboard Co. for $179.
^
yours
-------------------------------------------------------------------
PLU-G3000-NKRO Mechanical Game keyboard Cherry MX RED!! for $108.
^
mine

thanks for your fast answer and your great support

edit2: i actually felt mx black quiet "stiffy" to press...
and in the mothership guide its written that reds are the light version for gaming.

edit3: i would like to know from mb some gamers if they had experience with red switches !

edit4: the keyboard i mentioned above : does anyone have one of thesse and can say 1-2 sentence to it?

edit5: is it possible to purchase anywhere GOLDEN keycaps - i won a big tournament and wiht it golden xai + 2k . i guess it would really look awsome

So Clan Geehack :DISCUSS :D

thanks for all helpfull answers