Author Topic: One more starving artisan in the mix  (Read 3669 times)

Offline MightyMush

One more starving artisan in the mix
« on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 17:56:52 »
Howdy ya'll! ;D

I've been experimenting with different resin types and coloring techniques, and I guess I was wondering if there would be any interest in some caps like these? I love playing around with different colors to see what comes out looking cool, and I'd like to be able to afford some new colors and mold rubber to fool around with!

Let me know what ya'll think, any suggestions would be very welcome! I'm definitely new to the community/hobby. :thumb:

My first semi-original artisan sculpture keycap! I think I'll call him Rocky, especially considering he'es heavily influenced by Tiny from Dota 2. So far I've been able to color the eyes, horn/nose, and cracks separately from the main color.
180818-0
180820-1
180822-2

So this is the first color combo I've really enjoyed with the clear resin I have. Reminds me of a green bowling ball, the pictures don't do enough justice.
180826-3
180824-4

Some cool, pastel green/blue swirl keycaps, would look really nice on a keyboard with the right color scheme!
180828-5
180830-6

Thanks for looking!! :D

Offline MightyMush

Re: One more starving artisan in the mix
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 18:10:09 »
Woah, sorry about the triple post. Kept getting HTTP Error 500 when trying to post, thought it wasn't going through.

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 11:47:38 »
That's actually a quite nice and unique sculpt you have there!  :thumb:

You could come up with a lot of interesting colorways with the eyes and horn

Offline MightyMush

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 01:42:27 »
Thanks! I've been layering pigment powder into the eyes before pouring the main color, that way I don't have to be super precise with the resin. The horn is easy enough to color by itself. I just recently got some clear resin and tons of new colors, but without a vacuum chamber or pressure pot its tough to keep bubbles out. Regardless, I'm planning to bring a few of these artisans plus some other OEM/Cherry R4 artisans to the Houston Reddit meetup on November 11th. Hopefully I'll be able to sell a couple of them, but I'm excited for the meetup either way!
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 October 2017, 01:55:33 by MightyMush »

Offline MightyMush

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 04:07:40 »
Little update:

Finally set up an etsy shop, check it out here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MushCaps?ref=search_shop_redirect

Thanks guys!

Offline mooukeys

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 22:49:13 »
I think this green is good

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 02:23:01 »
Howdy ya'll! ;D

I've been experimenting with different resin types and coloring techniques, and I guess I was wondering if there would be any interest in some caps like these? I love playing around with different colors to see what comes out looking cool, and I'd like to be able to afford some new colors and mold rubber to fool around with!

Let me know what ya'll think, any suggestions would be very welcome! I'm definitely new to the community/hobby. :thumb:

My first semi-original artisan sculpture keycap! I think I'll call him Rocky, especially considering he'es heavily influenced by Tiny from Dota 2. So far I've been able to color the eyes, horn/nose, and cracks separately from the main color.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

So this is the first color combo I've really enjoyed with the clear resin I have. Reminds me of a green bowling ball, the pictures don't do enough justice.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Some cool, pastel green/blue swirl keycaps, would look really nice on a keyboard with the right color scheme!
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks for looking!! :D

Just came across your shop on Etsy a minute ago, love your work but extra kudos if you start doing some topre keycaps too!
Rocky is looking nice by the way! Good job! :))

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline MightyMush

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 16:15:08 »
Thanks for stopping by the shop! I'd love to expand into other keycap profiles and stem types, but I don't have anything to make a mold of unfortunately. Hopefully I can find some blank Topre and DSA/SA profile caps for cheap sometime soon.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 19:10:51 »
Thanks for stopping by the shop! I'd love to expand into other keycap profiles and stem types, but I don't have anything to make a mold of unfortunately. Hopefully I can find some blank Topre and DSA/SA profile caps for cheap sometime soon.

That's great to hear! Keep it up and I look forward to your future work.

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014