Author Topic: Hello from Hong Kong!  (Read 4621 times)

Offline bowflex74

Hello from Hong Kong!
« on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 06:20:57 »
Nice to meet you all, and would love to get connected to a local community if there is one :)

Offline 01percentHP

Re: Hello from Hong Kong!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 June 2020, 02:13:18 »
This might be late but I am also in hong kong.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 12:06:29 »
Hi 01percentHP, and bowflex74. Welcome to Geekhack.

I have no idea how many people may be local to Hong Kong offhand. There does seem to be a decent number of people living in that area of the world on here though.

What switches have you tried, which do you like?

Offline 01percentHP

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 01:31:51 »
Sorry this kind of faded out of my radar for a bit. However, here are some of my favorite switches atm.

Zeal Sakurois
Zeal Zilent v2 62
Kailh Box White
Kailh Box Red
Topre Uniform

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 10:58:38 »
Sorry this kind of faded out of my radar for a bit. However, here are some of my favorite switches atm.

Zeal Sakurois
Zeal Zilent v2 62
Kailh Box White
Kailh Box Red
Topre Uniform

No problem. I have been neglecting the new member section way too much in general myself.

I haven't tried any Zeal switches, since I'm mostly a clicky guy. The rest of those are wonderful though. A nice smattering of some of the best clickies, linears, and tactiles I have personally felt.

Have you tried any of the stiffer box clickies? My favorites are jades and navies, though I have yet to try the pinks.

What weighting Topre board have you got? I have only tried the 55gs, which I have in an 87u. If I cared much for tactiles and/or noise, I imagine it could be a daily driver.

Offline 01percentHP

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 22:05:52 »
unfortunately my fingers are kind of weak so i try to not go over the 70g bottom out force. Therefore, i have not really tried any of the stiffer switches. However, box jades are on my radar and i might get some after my Drop Ctrl comes.

as for topre, i had a 45g version, but since my dad got a new pc without a PS2 port and wanted something that is more modern (Dell Bigfoot with some sort of alps tactiles), I gave my topre to him. I have also tried some of the other weightings, but all of them are just not that tactile but they are really smooth and nice.

i got into zeal pc silent switches because the tactile ones are really tactile and they produce a really deep sound when bottoming out. I also like the soft feel when bottoming out.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 10:11:48 »
unfortunately my fingers are kind of weak so i try to not go over the 70g bottom out force. Therefore, i have not really tried any of the stiffer switches. However, box jades are on my radar and i might get some after my Drop Ctrl comes.

as for topre, i had a 45g version, but since my dad got a new pc without a PS2 port and wanted something that is more modern (Dell Bigfoot with some sort of alps tactiles), I gave my topre to him. I have also tried some of the other weightings, but all of them are just not that tactile but they are really smooth and nice.

i got into zeal pc silent switches because the tactile ones are really tactile and they produce a really deep sound when bottoming out. I also like the soft feel when bottoming out.

I think those old Dell AT101s usually had black Alps switches. I have felt those boards, but only very cursorily, and my only black Alps board could use some cleaning, but I can say I quite like those switches, though I'm not really a tactile guy. I have thought about buying one just to swap some Matias clickies into it or something, if I could snag it for really cheap and/or the switches weren't worth trying to save.

More tactile and deep sounding than 55g Topre? I actually consider that to be pretty tactile vs most more conventional mechanicals, and Topre is sort of renowned for its deep thock when bottoming out.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2020, 09:29:16 by Maledicted »

Offline 01percentHP

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 06:15:05 »
sorry, i meant they all fell the same but some of them are heavier than the others