Author Topic: Hey Ya'll  (Read 1169 times)

Offline p0rkchopexpress

Hey Ya'll
« on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 16:40:41 »
Hey there, I'm p0rkchopexpress. I live in Portland Oregon and am a frequenter of the PDXKBC meetups. Started with a cheap blue switch TKL, currently using a Quefrency 65 Macro with everglide crystal purples. I'm a fan of chonky cases, purple and black, and unique and interesting layouts. Still fighting the draw to go full linear gang but I do love me some gat yellows. Once this whole Covid thing is behind us I plan to continue working on a custom designed, layered, laser-cut, wood case for my TKC Candybar standard. I also stream on twitch (mostly games, sometimes keyboard stuff). I also like MLS soccer, Formula 1, and playin music.

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hey Ya'll
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 12:43:04 »
Hi p0rkchopexpress. Welcome to Geekhack.

That's an interesting username to say the least. I hadn't even heard of the PDXKBC. It is cool that there's a local club with monthly meetups. I have yet to have gone to any at all. What sort of blue switch was in that cheap TKL? I have tried those everglides in a tester, wonderfully buttery smooth switches. I'm usually not even a fan of tactiles, or linears, but everglides are nice.

Gateron yellows are wonderful switches as well. Those meetups must be doing one heck of a lot of good.

That sounds really cool. Be sure to get some good pictures and post your progress in the Making Stuff Together! section. I imagine a lot of people would be interested in seeing it, myself included. I have a walnut 60% case coming, once it can finally get here from China.