geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Game for Couples

(1/4) > >>

Play Avery:
I've been looking for games to play with my GF, whom is not a gamer. I'm not an avid gamer myself but I do enjoy some time off gaming a few hours a week.

And so I bought It Takes Two by EA during the summer sale and I gotta say, it's an amazing two players game! My GF is hooked playing the game and I now spend more hours solving puzzles and killing bosses in that game than I do in Destiny 2  ;D

So what games do you and your partner play?

Leslieann:
Look for small number team games with a more casual aspect.

Among Us could be cheating but fun, depending on how close you game.
If you have VR, "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" looks awesome.

Some older but good ones...
Left4Dead2 for a shooter/exploration as teammates, another good one is Borderlands 2 again teammates, it's even more exploration based, in either you can pretty easily control the pace of the game. One ex tried to get me playing Guild Wars but I just have this aversion to magic in games making it hard to really get into it. Being older games, you don't need a killer system to play them and you can get them dirt cheap.

Play Avery:
Yea I agree, older games are fun and doesn't break the bank to play them. My GF is not a gamer so she doesn't own a gaming console or a PC, most of the time we just play on my PS5. So we almost only play split screen titles like PvZ, Overcooked and now, It Takes Two.

Now of course the problem to that is, sometimes the split screen can be a little too small haha :D

noisyturtle:
Crawl is pretty fun with friends and stuff.
Overcooked is great, as mentioned.

Darthbaggins:
I would agree with the Borderlands 2 suggestion, some good funny antics and voicelines that should give a good chuckle for both of you.  Tiny Tina still to this day is one of my favorite characters - her additional pack is alot of fun.  Don't Starve is another good series for co-op (think its the newer Don't Starve Together).  Forest is a good survival game to play in co-op as well as a couple.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version