Author Topic: [GB] Think6.5° | 65% Custom Keyboard (completed)  (Read 252994 times)

Offline VipermanGT2

Anyone know if there are other PCB's that could be used with this? I'm assuming yes, but from what I see, it looks like the PCB would just be floating without being screwed to anything and only held in place by the switches.

Offline tskiller

Looks like brass failed completely and we are getting refunds.

Really unhappy with the way communication and money was handled. They took shipping money from us knowing full well that production was having major issues. No real email or communication from GB runner to show what manufacturer issues were coming up.

I will not buy participating in any Graystudio group buys because of the way that communication was handled for this complete failure.

Offline Ho Young Kim

I was very disappointed when this decision was made to wait.
But I appreciate his beliefs.
How much quality they thought of would they have made this decision....
I don't think it's been a long time to decide.
Please finish your refund and stay healthy.
I believe in your deduction.

Offline urbantheii

Time to hang up my dreams everyone...no more brass for urban....

Offline MCsOrangeJuice

I'm kind of late to the party since this is my first build and I was waiting for Oblivion to be delivered before I built. I'm running into some PCB issues. Many of the keys do not work out of the box. This includes almost the entire caps lock row except the caps lock key, the number 5, and the two keys above the badge. Out of the box some of the keys were mapped to the incorrect action. I read an earlier comment describing a similar issue but couldn't find any other information on similar problems on Discord. I have flashed the firmware to the default think6.5 hotswap layout in QMK toolbox. The only effect that had was to fix the incorrect mappings. It didn't fix the keys that aren't doing anything. I'm a complete novice with QMK and custom builds so it very possible I'm missing a critical step but would appreciate any help. Thanks for your time.

Offline mxgian99

IIRC, the issue with the dead keys on caps lock row is due to a diode that is flipped the wrong way.  look at the diode for caps lock or the one right next to it and see if its flipped from the other ones.

unfortunately to fix this you need to desolder the diode and resolder it flipped, if you cant do that you should try reaching out to your local keeb community to see if someone can help.  or find a good cell phone repair shop that does PCB repair. 

Offline ziggs

I would join the Discord and check the pinned messages for more information. The short version is this happened to a lot of people (including me), it sounds like your caps lock diode is backwards. I'm assuming the hotswap sockets for the other 3 keys might need a reflow. I would also make sure to cycle led modes when you can to make sure you don't have any LED issues.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Also, you can email Potter and get a replacement PCB. Easier to resolder.

Offline Hell-es

Also, you can email Potter and get a replacement PCB. Easier to resolder.
or at least hope to get the pcb ... have the same issue here and still wait for the promised replacement